AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2011-09-24, 14:11   Link #5681
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So... a hitman actually thought a blade tucked between the arm and torso looks like a real stabbing? Guess that's why he charges so little.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Well she did fall for it...
1. it did work
2. considering the country in questions, several hundred pounds is the equivalent of could of thousand dollars in Brazil.
3. i am not sure why he and the girl is charge with extortion. i can see the guy charge with fraud but extortion?
Old 2011-09-24, 16:49   Link #5682
Xion Valkyrie

X-factor contestant flashes judges (video provided):
http://www.aoltv.com/2011/09/23/pare...actor-flasher/
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 20:33   Link #5683
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

UK = “Girl Worried About The Size of Her Breasts”

I...I don't know what to say.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 23:16   Link #5684
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Just wonder what they could came up doing the same ''process'' with a ball, a toaster on anything else ...
Old 2011-09-24, 23:30   Link #5685
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I...I don't know what to say.
God save the Pettanqueen?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 23:38   Link #5686
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...y.html?hpid=z4

Physicians offer the cautionary tale of Frank Constantinopla, 49, who after a Sept. 12 rainstorm looked in wonder at his backyard in Springfield, Va. “Oh, there’re so many mushrooms,” Constantinopla recalls thinking.

“They look so lovely; I’m so lucky.”

Constantinopla plucked a handful and stir-fried them with noodles.

“They tasted good.”

Problems set in within hours and continued for days. Constantinopla and his wife grew weak, their stomachs ached, they vomited. Two days later, Constantinopla went to a local emergency room and was transferred to Georgetown University Hospital for a possible liver transplant.

Doctors broke the news: Those lovely mushrooms were Amanita phalloides, a toadstool commonly known as the Death Cap.
the 82 yr old at least can excuse for being senile but what kind of excuse does a 49 yr old have? I just hope this guy never got a chance to pass his genes.
Old 2011-09-25, 00:17   Link #5687
flying ^

it won't be long when U.S.-style ghetto itashas (donks) starts adopting more Japanese properties...

http://kotaku.com/5843469/the-time-a...ove-to-walmart

(someone from the south/deep south or west coast U.S. do pokemon pls)
flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 00:41   Link #5688
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the 82 yr old at least can excuse for being senile but what kind of excuse does a 49 yr old have? I just hope this guy never got a chance to pass his genes.
Not everyone knows what wild mushrooms are safe to eat--god knows I don't.
Old 2011-09-25, 03:14   Link #5689
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Not everyone knows what wild mushrooms are safe to eat--god knows I don't.
Well, his point was more like... if you don't know what wild mushrooms are safe to eat, do you try to find it out by eating them?
Old 2011-09-25, 05:06   Link #5690
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
Well, his point was more like... if you don't know what wild mushrooms are safe to eat, do you try to find it out by eating them?
The impression given by the article was than they didn't even thought than it could be unsafe.
Old 2011-09-25, 11:52   Link #5691
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
Hey now, no one's ever accused him of being intelligent here...

I just play it safe by not eating any mushrooms, ever. Safe or not, I'm not touching them. Don't know whose bright idea it was to go about eating the parasites of the plant kingdom, anyway... they certainly don't taste good.
Old 2011-09-25, 12:39   Link #5692
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

I just play it safe by not eating any mushrooms, ever. Safe or not, I'm not touching them. Don't know whose bright idea it was to go about eating the parasites of the plant kingdom, anyway... they certainly don't taste good.
<pod people voice>"... Join us.... eat and be happy!"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057295/ ("Attack of the Mushroom People")
(This movie scared the crap out of me when I was a little kid... but grew up to be a happy mushroom eater anyway.

Health benefits of mushrooms:
http://www.organicfacts.net/health-b...-mushroom.html
Spoiler for Synopsis for those who don't click:
The interesting thing is you don't have to eat a lot of them... a few shitake a day delivers most of the "win".

And, of course, the people in the article were utter morons.... Darwin Award candidates.

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-09-25 at 12:58.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 13:03   Link #5693
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:

Mushrooms can be extremely healthy. The same properties that allow them to be parasites, to convert the toxic to usable, can be anti-cancerous in our bodies (Reishi, Shiitake, even Portabello and white caps). Not only that, but they are an excellent source of Vitamin D and selenium. There are more medicinal effects that have been known to traditional cultures and Chinese medicine still being studied.

Anyway, that guy is an idiot, but don't let him stop you from reaping the benefits from mushrooms. And hey, they do taste good - you just need them in the right dish!

edit: For some reason didn't read Vexx's post; he has way more info than I in there. Either way, eat your mushrooms people!
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 22:05   Link #5694
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
... they certainly don't taste good.
Depending of how you prepare/cook them, trust me.
Old 2011-09-25, 23:56   Link #5695
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just to let Rising know... my younger son won't eat mushrooms.... even though he'll eat 'black tofu' and dozens of other little 'ghastly' oddities. He says its the texture.
Old 2011-09-26, 00:13   Link #5696
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I say the same thing about mushrooms...I don't like the texture. I can handle a good homemade cream of mushroom soup, but I pick them off my pizza.
Old 2011-09-26, 00:45   Link #5697
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I say the same thing about mushrooms...I don't like the texture. I can handle a good homemade cream of mushroom soup, but I pick them off my pizza.
I have to say than most of the mushroom I get on pizza are overcook, which kill much of the taste and the texture.
Old 2011-09-26, 11:02   Link #5698
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44667234/ns/us_news-life/
South Carolina woman defends her right to fly the Confederate flag.

Hmmmm. From a historical point of view, I can see her desire to fly this flag. I can also see the anger it causes her black neighbors...being that it is mostly a black populated area.

However it does make me wonder, in and around 2030 or 2040, will the Nazi flag be considered part of Germany's heritage and be flow by some people who respect what that govenment did for the German people (before the war I mean)? I'm fairly certain the German governments laws will still be against such a thing, and any and all EU members nations will protest...and any Jews will be livid. But I wonder if context over time changes meaning of things? Because I imagine that Nazi Germany was considered a good thing to the German people at the time...before the war. Even during the war in some cases. Nationalism was high. Moral was high when you are winning every month and defeated everyone in sight. There would be a pride there.

The Confederacy has its own issues when it comes to point of view, as well as how symbols change over time. The whole state's rights verse slavery arguements never die. It is probably the one war were history has been written by the losers. There is boundless respect for the Confederate military in history books. Their naming convention is still used along with the Union naming conventions. Perhaps if Reconstruction hadn't been so awfully handled, the short four years of time wouldn't be a major defining moment for the South to the point were it is their cultural heritage. Add to this the return to using the Confederacies symbols in reaction to the Civil Rights movement and you have new meanings for old symbols. Even the KKK were considered the heroes in the early part of the 20th century (Birth of a Nation, made in 1914). Now they are considered racist thugs that are cowardly hiding behind sheets and symbols. It really makes it hard to call just what flying the Confederate flag means these days. The original was a Battle flag. It was designed so that it would be different from the Union flag (which the Confederate national flag looked a lot like at a distance on a battlefield) so that the troops could tell which army they should be fighting. Now it means something else, depending on who you ask.
Old 2011-09-26, 11:19   Link #5699
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
However it does make me wonder, in and around 2030 or 2040, will the Nazi flag be considered part of Germany's heritage and be flow by some people who respect what that govenment did for the German people (before the war I mean)? I'm fairly certain the German governments laws will still be against such a thing...
Actually if it is relevant for an artistic project that is meant to document or educate about the events in that era, you are allowed to use Third Reich symbols, flags etc.

However, if the content is classified as inflammatory and/or Nazi glorifying than it is definitly banned. To flow the flag or use other Nazi symbols in everyday life will certainly remain forbidden (at least as long as neo-facists/nazis exist in Germany or elsewhere).
Old 2011-09-26, 12:17   Link #5700
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

You don't need an infinite number of monkeys. A few million will do:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15060310
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor