AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-31, 14:04   Link #81
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It's incredibly disappointing to learn that the VA's were laughing at him, especially Hisako because I was close to becoming a fan of her. Now I can't help but see her in an entirely different light.

I still aim to enjoy the show as much I can though.
Old 2012-08-31, 14:10   Link #82
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Plenty of jackass actors in American...probably no different anywhere else. As long as they can act the studio and the audiance usually don't care.
Old 2012-08-31, 14:19   Link #83
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Why would anyone say something that malicious? Goddammit, I hate Japan so much.
Let's be fair -- American hidden camera shows have done far, far worse. There was one on the SciFi channel where they'd make people think they were about to be murdered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I would have found the prank a lot funnier if it was pulled on a star seiyuu,first because it would take some actual guts to pull it (while taking a no name doesn't) and because even if the star doesn't get the role he still would have a career.
Even then, calling someone in to a fake interview isn't funny unless the job they're applying for is ridiculous. Getting Jun Fukuyama to read the husband role in an NTR hentai anime would be hilarious. Getting him to read an ordinary script and then telling him he doesn't have the job, not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudolicious View Post
No doubt that losing face in general is a way bigger thing over there than anywhere else, but it's not like he's never going to get another job or his friends would start bullying him or something. Some people here make it out like this was the biggest possible "humiliation" and start spouting about losing his face, when it was just a stupid prank.
Humiliation doesn't just come from the nature of the prank, but in how many people see it. How many people listen to these kinds of radio shows? I assume it's in the thousands at least. So, yeah, being rejected for a job and then made fun of by your peers in front of that many people would be a major humiliation.
Old 2012-08-31, 14:25   Link #84
SirWence
~Connoisseur~

@Cosmic Eagle - You're using common sense - The Trolls and insane fans (and ill just call them 'celeb VAs') are all being well 'stupid' and the prank was 'stupid'- I dont think common sense is going to fit in to well with them sigh -its a real shame too - I do think the fan legion should take a step back and actually look at the situation

Last edited by SirWence; 2012-08-31 at 14:40.
Old 2012-08-31, 14:25   Link #85
Kirarakim

Just heard about this incident..to embarrass someone like that for a laugh that is just despicable to me.

edit: Although what is happening with Eri Kitamura, very hypocritical. Lets bully someone who has nothing to do with this?
Old 2012-08-31, 15:31   Link #86
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudolicious View Post
No doubt that losing face in general is a way bigger thing over there than anywhere else, but it's not like he's never going to get another job or his friends would start bullying him or something. Some people here make it out like this was the biggest possible "humiliation" and start spouting about losing his face, when it was just a stupid prank. I'm not saying it won't damage him at all, that's one of the reasons why I stated multiple times that I'm not approving of this as well, but again, he's not gonna be home and jobless and abandoned from society because of this

And of course there's nothing wrong in sympathizing with him, but again, that's no reason to starting blowing things out of proportion
Most bullies thinks what they're doing is just a laughable stupid prank, not necessarily so with the victims, where one could be scarred for life. I wonder what you would consider to be "of proportion". The way I look at it, our reaction here has been far more civil than how the anons who terrorize those involved reacted. Most of us condemn such reactions and actually hope things would die down without much damage. You sure you aren't misdirecting these complaints towards those anons instead? It's them who are blowing things out of proportion and are being hypocritical about it.
Old 2012-08-31, 15:31   Link #87
Blonto

I can't see how anyone would see this "prank" as fun, except maybe people who've never wanted a job.
Unfortunately reason lowers with numbers, so any bandwagon is bound to pick up jackasses. I'm sorry for the innocent folks that got involved.
Old 2012-08-31, 15:48   Link #88
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
This prank isn't very funny at all. Although I have to say, it would also be disappointing if Terashima and Kanemoto end their careers because of this incident. They shouldn't have said what they said and should apologize publicly, regardless of how many people will forgive them for it. It was probably a spur of the moment thing and they are both good seiyuu, so I hope they can bounce back from this.

Erm, what's the connection to Kitamura Eri?
Old 2012-08-31, 16:02   Link #89
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
This prank isn't very funny at all. Although I have to say, it would also be disappointing if Terashima and Kanemoto end their careers because of this incident. They shouldn't have said what they said and should apologize publicly, regardless of how many people will forgive them for it. It was probably a spur of the moment thing and they are both good seiyuu, so I hope they can bounce back from this.

Erm, what's the connection to Kitamura Eri?
I also agree with this as well, for Kitamura Eri it is rumoured she was Yamanaka's favourite hense she is getting flamed as well and I also wonder what would happen to other characters Hisako Kanemoto have done because of this too.
Old 2012-08-31, 16:04   Link #90
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

As vile as this so-called "prank" is, I also have a hard time saying anyone's career should end over it. It's a mistake, a stupid one and a serious error in judgement, and the discussion shouldn't even start until a full and unreserved public apology is given. But is it a mistake worthy of having a career ended? I don't quite see it, and no one despises bullying more than me.

As for Kitamura Eri and the author and illustrator, they don't even belong in the discussion. That's just stupid on the face of it.
Old 2012-08-31, 16:46   Link #91
Rahzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I wasn't there when it happened, but to my understanding..

The Kitamura Eri thing is actually actually someone using the whole situation and using it to grief Kitamura Eri

and since some people who are experiencing mob mentality don't bother to verify information, they follow along

why Kitamura Eri? someone who is unrelated to Kokoro Connect scandal you say?

because someone doesn't like Kitamura Eri very much, and it has only gotten worse after Madoka aired. Don't bother trying to explain internet hate.
That's exactly what it is. People are using this incident to justify bulling a seiyuu idol for having a sex life. That's all there is to it. Even had she been made aware of plans for the event before it took place, what could she have done about it? Regardless, Kitamura Eri is too big a name for her "secondary" involvement in this incident to have much of an impact on her career or sales. Kanemoto and Terashima, however, may very well be finished.

It's a real shame, because I really enjoy Kokoro Connect. It's my second favorite new series this season (Jinrui being the first). What really irritates me is that the main orchestrator of this event, Yamanaka, will likely come out mostly unscathed.

As for the setup, playing a prank on a celebrity and having their peers tease them over it isn't uncommon for Japanese variety shows. I've seen some pretty intense scenarios involving AKB48 idols. The difference here, of course, is that it was taken too far and it impacted his life and the resulting "PR" position only served to further humiliate him. To be honest, I'm pretty sure Yamanaka has it in for Ichiki, as this isn't the first time he's pulled a tactless public stunt on him (AND KitaEri, for that matter).

As for the consequences of all this, I'm worried it may put Silver Link in dire straits financially. I'm going to be very upset if Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya gets canned. Losing the anime would be bad enough, but it would also dash any chance of Illya finally getting a high quality figure anytime soon.

Additionally, 2chan has added "Hayate the Combat Butler! Can't Take My Eyes Off You" to their "Banned" list in lieu of this incident. I've yet to figure out how it's even related, but I'm going to be pretty irate if the projects suffers because of this. Leave Hayate no Gotoku out of it, please.
Old 2012-08-31, 16:56   Link #92
TJR

Quote:
I can't understand what sort of assholes would enjoy raising somebody's hopes, and crashing it down on them, and doing it publicly.
Supposedly, Yamanaka has a history of picking on that seiyuu (among others), so this wasn't exactly a harmless prank that was pulled out of the blue.

Hajime Kikuchi's comments may be egotistical and disgusting, but they sum up the heart of the matter (and are probably shared by countless others who haven't been vocal about it). It's an ugly culture that's perpetuated by people in all sorts of positions, whether they're producers, animators, or seiyuu.

Quote:
Have they issued an official public apology? Is there a chance that might help to quench public anger?
It's tough because the prank was initiated from the top-down. Even if they were to throw a couple seiyuu under the bus (and yes, the tendency would be to blame a scapegoat and then downplay or deny personal involvement. The idea is to redirect or focus public anger on people who are expendable), it's well known that Starchild's producer, Silver Link's president, and various staff of both companies were behind the stunt.

An apology isn't possible without powerful players admitting guilt and taking responsibility, which would hardly help the two companies.

Quote:
Because she's rumoured to be producer Yamanaka's favourite (or in 2ch's own words: his slut). She apparently gets frequently casted in his shows and he retweets her on twitter and etc. That's roughly the gist of what I managed to find.
By "favourite", it's a snide suggestion that she sleeps with Yamanaka for roles (in terms of timing, she landed a major role in Toradora! after nearly a year during which no one in the industry would cast her).

Unfortunately, this kind of arrangement happens, so speculation always arises whenever a female VA becomes favoured by a producer/sound director/agency head and enjoys a quick rise to stardom.

Obviously, there's no proof of any wrongdoing, and it's a case of guilt by association. Nevertheless, otaku love to run wild with this stuff.
Old 2012-08-31, 17:06   Link #93
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Not very good news.

So... is that BD pre-orders or sales? In either case that's pretty big darn drop-off.
Old 2012-08-31, 17:08   Link #94
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
So... is that BD pre-orders or sales? In either case that's pretty big darn drop-off.
Hourly sales rankings for the pre-order for the first BD volume. Amazon resets their rankings ever hour, so a drop means people aren't purchasing it as much as they were before. This does not count any possible cancellations.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-08-31, 18:05   Link #95
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Hourly sales rankings for the pre-order for the first BD volume. Amazon resets their rankings ever hour, so a drop means people aren't purchasing it as much as they were before. This does not count any possible cancellations.
Thanks for the info.
Old 2012-08-31, 18:09   Link #96
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Terashima will not be missed, but Kanemoto will make a nice house wife.

Who is the victim by the way?
Old 2012-08-31, 18:18   Link #97
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Ichiki Mitsuhiro
Old 2012-08-31, 18:28   Link #98
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Thanks and woah at his career. Everything basically support type...

I read on his MAL profile, there a certain someone name "Sugita", he is supporting Ichiki. Who is he?
Old 2012-08-31, 18:33   Link #99
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I forgot to post last night, but Yamakan has also posted his opinion on 2ch's "white-knighting" over Eri Kitamura's experience with anons and phalluses.

>集団によるイジメが大好きなネットの住民が集団によるイジメを批判し
ても何の説得力もございません
>The same people who loves bullying is now trying to save someone from bullying? Yeah right.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-08-31, 18:42   Link #100
tenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Thanks and woah at his career. Everything basically support type...

I read on his MAL profile, there a certain someone name "Sugita", he is supporting Ichiki. Who is he?
Sugita is a famous seiyuu. Also knows both Ichiki and Terashima (they're all gamers). He gave Terashima the silent treatment on a recent Bandai Namco live. Sugita's radio show is also one of the places where the bullying was mentioned (Ichiki was a guest)
Closed Thread