AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 10
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 114 53.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 48 22.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 26 12.15%
7 out of 10 : Good... 10 4.67%
6 out of 10 : Average... 7 3.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 3 1.40%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.47%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 4 1.87%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-08, 13:27   Link #21
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

^that wasn't a difficult conclusion to draw, with how us novel readers have been talking about how the relationship is key.

*chuckles* Well, I guess I'll head to bed with a pleasant feeling then, and wake up and set my rig to DL this before i go to work...

Also holy hells that endncard. i'd make it my wallpaper if not for the grief I'd get from my anime disliking family.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 13:27   Link #22
Karakuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
So now the truth can be told -- this episode contains the one scene every novel reader wanted to see. No, not the duel with Heathcliff. And not Asuna doing Unlimited Bladework with a single sword.

No, the truth is, novel readers are just a bunch of shippers who wanted to see Kirito and Asuna get married. Who cares that Heathcliff pwned Kirito -- Heathcliff sleeps alone in his bed tonight while Kirito is unleashing two years worth of ... something.

Boss fights are cool, but Asuna knocking Kirito out and dragging him to bed is better.
I lolled xD
I actually didn't really care about that Asuna x Kirito scene, I was looking much more forward to Heathcliffs fight. Damn, Heathcliff was also kinda cold, but meh, I expected it.
Karakuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 13:40   Link #23
lightbringer
M9000

Perfect episode. Moving faster than I expected though.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 14:01   Link #24
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Spoiler for Episode 10 with comparison to the novels:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-08 at 15:14. Reason: Added spoiler tags
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 14:31   Link #25
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I want to remind everyone that if you want to discuss chapters of the novel, please go to another thread. This is a thread to discuss the anime. If you want to do relevant comparisons, they must be behind properly-labelled spoiler tags. All those who disobeyed this basic rule (that has been explained for weeks and weeks now) will promptly be banned.
Old 2012-09-08, 14:38   Link #26
Diveman

I know this is gonna sound weird, but if you theoretically have sex in a virtual world...do you actually feel anything?
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 14:41   Link #27
Deltaray

Just noticed when Asuna went on assault over Kuradeel there was new piece of soundtrack, and pretty good one once again o.o
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 14:42   Link #28
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
I know this is gonna sound weird, but if you theoretically have sex in a virtual world...do you actually feel anything?
I would imagine so, since other sensations are translated in-game, such as taste and feeling...
Old 2012-09-08, 14:42   Link #29
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
If the game can recreate taste, why couldn't it recreate an orgasm? In fact, it might be easier for women since it only has to stimulate the appropriate part of your brain -- all Kirito has to do is unlock the appropriate skills.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 14:49   Link #30
Kamui04

Quote:
Well the game recreates the 5 senses, except pain, although the last point could be contended. So I don't see why not.

Also even today using spinal stimulators connected to the right place in the spinal cord can produce instant orgasms in women. Although so far I've read is hasn't been approved for medical or widespread use.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 14:55   Link #31
HandofFate

I'm sure you feel something, I mean you seem to get pleasure from eating food and the sense of taste is there.

Anyway, Asuna x Kirito ftw. Too bad they didn't show sex scene. Maybe in an OVA or blu-ray extra. rofl.

I feel really bad for the guy that Kuda killed. He seemed like a good guy T_T

Really solid episode. The fight was good. Kuda's betrayal was nicely done. Asuna x Kirito payoff was good.
Old 2012-09-08, 15:02   Link #32
lansglenn

Huuhuuuhuuu Kirito :3

Great stories don't shy away from the very real topic of sex.

What do you guys think about the pacing of Kirito x Asuna relationship buildup?

Is it too fast?
Old 2012-09-08, 15:05   Link #33
Clarste
Human

I think it feels a bit too fast in the anime because most of the time they've spent together has been off screen. If you interpret it as "Asuna has been gunning at him for a while now and this latest attempt to party together was merely the most recent move" then it makes more sense. Kirito also seemed to quite casually grab her hand when they met at the beginning of this arc, so we just have to assume they got close off screen.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 15:06   Link #34
HandofFate

I think it was fine.
[mod edit: removed novel comparison]

Since in the anime, we had the side-stories to build up their relationship. Pretty much ever scene of Asuna x Kirito worked to get them closer and dependable on eachother unlike other series where there's a ton of filler scenes of two characters that never serve any purpose.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-08 at 15:17. Reason: Novel comparisons must be behind properly-labelled spoiler tags
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 15:24   Link #35
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I think it feels a bit too fast in the anime because most of the time they've spent together has been off screen. If you interpret it as "Asuna has been gunning at him for a while now and this latest attempt to party together was merely the most recent move" then it makes more sense. Kirito also seemed to quite casually grab her hand when they met at the beginning of this arc, so we just have to assume they got close off screen.
Yeah, it seems fast because we see them together so little. When you stop and think about it, and look at the dates, they've been in the game almost two years now, have encountered each other more and more over that time, Asuna's been actively trying to attract Kirito for several months now, and they're clearly on pretty close terms.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 15:29   Link #36
Xaturas

Episode was good.
However I'm disappointed in duel. I thought it would have more oompf to it.
Basically 1st hit duel, Kirito got first hit but it seems that game didn't consider that a hit even though clifafafafawhatshisname hp went down by around 10-15% hp.
Then I hopped they would use both of their ultimate skills, yet it was just a duel with white attacks, -1 skill from kirito. Also that shield move seemed like a cheap ass cheat. No way he would be able to move it between the sword and his face in that position. But whatever.
No [mod edit: remove novel reference] but implied *stuff happening* so its ok. Still I hope he will quit that guild asap.
Old 2012-09-08, 15:31   Link #37
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I think it was fine.
[mod edit: removed novel comparison]

Since in the anime, we had the side-stories to build up their relationship. Pretty much ever scene of Asuna x Kirito worked to get them closer and dependable on eachother unlike other series where there's a ton of filler scenes of two characters that never serve any purpose.
I'd argue that it's actually worse because we see the moment they met. If you're not following the dates closely, you might get the feeling that they've only met recently. This is analogous to a high school story starting in the middle of the school year. If two characters suddenly start seriously dating we wouldn't question it because who knows how much they've interacted before we met them?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 15:37   Link #38
ookamigirl

Kirito vs Heathcliff!
I was kinda surprised he would fight to free Asuna..
It was a great fight, but Kirito really did himself in with this decision.
Looks like that psycho Kuradeel was so not over Asuna.
That was an extremely close call for Kirito.
Well, at least Asuna - Kirito relationship is developing nicely.
The lets get married part left me just gaping...

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 15:37   Link #39
Awrya
U mad?

Whatever skill Heathcliff used, he used it at the right time, shifting his shield right after Kirito was going for the hit, blocking and leaving Kirito wide open.

Kirito joins KoB, a few days later their forward team leader dies and one of their members turn out to be a Laughing Coffin member. Pretty chaotic start for Kirito.

Nice to see them entering a husband/wife relationship, though they completely skipped the boyfriend/girlfriend step, but they are happy

Kradil's face was pretty nice, though Noumi still beats him. It might be the second best facial expressions this season. It did remind me of the Black Dynamite episode with Michael Jackson

A little something that was inconsistent this episode, two guild member died and they don't report it to the leader? After the kiss scene the next thing we see is them eating dinner.
I know the staff tried to imply off screen that they did something between midday (field exercise) and evening (dinner), which was probably reporting to Heathcliff, but all they needed was to show a short scene where they report to him, even if it was only by message.
Old 2012-09-08, 15:38   Link #40
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I'd argue that it's actually worse because we see the moment they met. If you're not following the dates closely, you might get the feeling that they've only met recently. This is analogous to a high school story starting in the middle of the school year. If two characters suddenly start seriously dating we wouldn't question it because who knows how much they've interacted before we met them?
I don't think anyone who's following the anime would be so easily confused. She first met him in Episode 2 (back on floor 1), and has had interactions with him that spanned multiple episodes and arcs (the murder mystery arc, the end of the arc with Lisbeth, and now this arc). It's clear that time has passed between each event. I highly doubt anyone didn't see this coming from miles away at this point.