Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-12, 11:19   Link #481
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Lost Welkin on the supply base mission in chapter 5 late last night. I also lost 3 of my 4 scouts by the time I even entered the base from the north group. Seeing that invincible tank there didn't do anything to help my ego.

Since I haven't been saving in the missions, I'm back to re-doing the mission and figuring out a more effective way.
thats what we all do.. haha.

so do you guys recommend tmag over firepower? with 5 extra shots, it offsets the one or two extra damage the firepower upgrades give you.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 11:25   Link #482
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

I shall preference with the fact that I'm a complete dork.

For rifles, I went down two paths, one for the Scouts (Accuracy) and Engineers (Special Effect - I was rarely shooting with them anyway, so I wanted to give myself the option to give a status effect).

Snipers got accuracy. Not really a hard choice.

For Machine Guns, I took Number of Shots (This is the far right option, IIRC). I bothered to multiply out the number of shots by the VS PERSON strength, and going on the number of shots path was, nine times out of ten, the better option.

For Lancers, I kept the Tank lances all the way. I bought a few mortars, but never used them.

And for Flamethrowers, Power.
Old 2009-06-12, 13:20   Link #483
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

If I had the choice, I always went for accuracy since I almost always go for the head shot and I figured the tighter the circle, the more bullets will hit, equals more damage on average.

For machineguns, to offset the poor accuracy I went for damage. Assuming you could get close enough to put the muzzle practically on the enemy, then accuracy is a non-factor. But I found that generally, if I can hit with all or most of the shots of the more damaging MGs, I'd still comfortably kill most of the enemies I faced with bullets to spare by doing more damage per hit. Especially if I went for headshots. The other times where higher damage was better were when I faced enemies behind sandbags (although a grenade usually fixes that), or if they were in a base (with the resultant defense boost). I should go and do some controlled in-game tests.

Ultimately, using royal weapons gives you the best of both worlds - better accuracy and higher damage (although you don't get the bigger clip with the MG).

Sniper rifles, like practically everyone else, accuracy since you should only need one headshot to take out a non-crouching enemy (with a few exceptions).

Lancers, anti-tank. I never used the mortar lance, but many people in the latter part gave one to Largo since he gets overshadowed in the anti-tank role after a few of the other lancers get their final potentials.

Flamethrowers, I also went for damage.

I never used the effect-type weapons since they felt gimmicky, and my goal was to kill the target in one turn (or one action), so ultimately, the effect would be wasted.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 14:00   Link #484
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
Ultimately, using royal weapons gives you the best of both worlds - better accuracy and higher damage (although you don't get the bigger clip with the MG).
This, oh goodness, this. If you don't know what Royal Weapons are... you will. And you will love them.
Old 2009-06-12, 15:49   Link #485
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

actually, royal weapons really aren't that much of a step up from upgraded weapons. i'm aware that you get better royal weapons as you progress through the game, but i would prefer a weapon that aims better than one that does maybe 10 damage more.
Old 2009-06-12, 15:58   Link #486
Barbobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
actually, royal weapons really aren't that much of a step up from upgraded weapons. i'm aware that you get better royal weapons as you progress through the game, but i would prefer a weapon that aims better than one that does maybe 10 damage more.
Luckily then the top tier royal weapons have the best accuracy for all weapons.
Barbobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 16:05   Link #487
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbobot View Post
Luckily then the top tier royal weapons have the best accuracy for all weapons.
really? guess i haven't gotten that far then.
Old 2009-06-12, 17:56   Link #488
kalbron

Best of all, you can get a B accuracy lance! A B accuracy lance! Woo!
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 18:15   Link #489
jwai

Quote:
Lost Welkin on the supply base mission in chapter 5 late last night. I also lost 3 of my 4 scouts by the time I even entered the base from the north group. Seeing that invincible tank there didn't do anything to help my ego.

Since I haven't been saving in the missions, I'm back to re-doing the mission and figuring out a more effective way.
Which side of the last base did you try to enter from? Try the northern gate.

Also, the way I took on Lupus was to sneak a lancer up through that gate and put a lance through the radiator. Very risky, but potentially solves the problem in one go without risking Edelweiss.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 20:03   Link #490
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
Which side of the last base did you try to enter from? Try the northern gate.

Also, the way I took on Lupus was to sneak a lancer up through that gate and put a lance through the radiator. Very risky, but potentially solves the problem in one go without risking Edelweiss.
I first entered from the north with Alicia and Cherry then Alicia got taken out and Cherry had to withdraw as things got hectic. I was pushing forward with Welkin(Dallas right behind him for repairs), and Marina for sniping duty but the anti-tank cannon and the tank took care of Welkin a little while later.

The last mission where you had to capture the base before reinforcements arrived for the bridge, I basically finished on turn 10 right on the money.
Old 2009-06-12, 20:33   Link #491
cloner4000

That mission with Jeager's tank can be a pain..I think you just have to get used to it. remember that presssing R2,L2 allow you be peak around the corner so you don't get ambushed.

Sniper rifle definitely go accuracy. Rifle you can go for accuracy now, but you'll want to upgrade into more power later on as enemy are more often than not in hiding.

You can skip the status effect though..it's not really useful.
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 21:35   Link #492
justinstrife

When did everyone get Edy? I see in a video on youtube someone had her already in chapter 5, and I'm wondering if I missed something?
Old 2009-06-12, 21:52   Link #493
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
When did everyone get Edy? I see in a video on youtube someone had her already in chapter 5, and I'm wondering if I missed something?
Characters are added to your available roster in random order.
How unlucky!
Old 2009-06-12, 22:32   Link #494
justinstrife

Damn lost Alicia again on enemy's turn 4. except for that glaring part, I'm doing better taking the small camps and moving forward...

Third time so far and just shaking my head.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 23:48   Link #495
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

don't feel bad justin. it took me up until after that mission to realize that i could repair the tank.. lol. i still managed to do quite well too, with that obvious handicap.

so i just saw
Spoiler:

then the battle after that. wtf. set me up for failure more.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2009-06-13 at 02:04.
Old 2009-06-13, 03:23   Link #496
justinstrife

Just beat the first desert mission and now have to fight the duel with Maximilian and company. Nice to see he recognized Welkin's name and exploits.

I had to cheat to beat the supply mission it was just too difficult for my mediocre abilities. Watched someone do it for the A-ranking on youtube...

I learned quite a bit watching his different tactics. I can't do A-rankings on my own, but I think I can advance a little further now thanks to those instructions.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 03:31   Link #497
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
then the battle after that. wtf. set me up for failure more.
There is actually a very simple route for completing this mission that i worked out on my first place. I'll let you know in a spoiler tag if you want.
Old 2009-06-13, 06:33   Link #498
cloner4000

I think for the supply mission
Spoiler for games:
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 08:00   Link #499
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
This, oh goodness, this. If you don't know what Royal Weapons are... you will. And you will love them.
And the only thing better than Royal Weapons are Enemy Weapons;

ZM Kar 5(g) & ZM MP 5(g) /overjoy

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 08:20   Link #500
kalbron

Until you play through the game once and get the final armour + hp upgrades for the Edelweiss, it's pretty much essential that you have an engie stuck in its radiator.

Best of all, doing this allows for mortar spam since the engie will resupply the tank!
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote