AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-03, 17:02   Link #1
shindara the undying

Samurai Deeper Kyo

i am a HUGE sdk fan. i live in tallahassee fl, and there only 7 have come out. i get frustrated cause ppl i talk to in other places have gotten to 8..... grrr! any one who is a fan of sdk, please instant message me!!!! my favorite characters are Shindara the Undying, Benitora, Sanada Yukimaura, and, obviously, Demon Eyes Kyo!!!! i sent in fan art, but i dunno if they will publish it....
Old 2004-07-03, 17:57   Link #2
sensei kakashi03

Yeah I've seen it, its pretty cool, my favorite character is and always will eb demon eyes kyo, My school is showing the episodes so every week we see the next one, pretty cool
Old 2004-07-03, 18:56   Link #3
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I didn't like the anime past the 4th or 6th episode or so, but I've read the manga in stores and I love it. The girl (was it Yukino, the bounty huntress?) is my favorite character. She's so spunky and sexy and just plain, I've only read up to the 2nd or 3rd volume though, I need to spend more days in bookstores. Don't worry, I'll buy it if I like it enough after a few more volumes.
Old 2004-07-03, 19:49   Link #4
Spooky-Electric

Yeah, the anime sucks, but the manga is really good.
Old 2004-07-04, 00:22   Link #5
Akageno
tomoshibi

Send a message via ICQ to Akageno Send a message via Yahoo to Akageno
I haven't anderstand a half of all, because I read this manga on korean. Manga is long. And this is greate. Not like Kenshin, and moer specific.
Old 2004-07-04, 09:54   Link #6
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

SDK is pretty good...i still have yet to acquire vol. 7 (and 8)
you can always order vol. 8 off a website if you want it so bad...
Old 2004-07-04, 12:05   Link #7
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensei kakashi03
Yeah I've seen it, its pretty cool, my favorite character is and always will eb demon eyes kyo, My school is showing the episodes so every week we see the next one, pretty cool

Wait...episodes?

The anime is a really, really bad adaptation. Go read the manga.
Old 2004-07-04, 12:19   Link #8
Char Aznable
Newtype

i'm too a huge fan of SDK...but the fact that everybody hates this anime annoys me...they always talk about disgusting animes like naruto and one piece...only big advertisment made those two famous...SDK is more than just a "kill and move on anime" it has a delicate story. and the most thing i like in the anime is i'ts unique characters .
a wonderful anime it is .
you know...my eyes got all red from surfing on the net, i didn't find a single clue to any site that may provide manga volumes for SDK, so if anyone knows a site (and i doubt that) that i can download it from...don't keep it for yourself .
see you all later
Old 2004-07-04, 12:22   Link #9
Char Aznable
Newtype

SDK is wonderful

i'm too a huge fan of SDK...but the fact that everybody hates this anime annoys me...they always talk about disgusting animes like naruto and one piece...only big advertisment made those two famous...SDK is more than just a "kill and move on anime" it has a delicate story. and the most thing i like in the anime is i'ts unique characters .
you know...my eyes got all red from surfing on the net, i didn't find a single clue to any site that may provide manga volumes for SDK, so if anyone knows a site (and i doubt that) that i can download it from...don't keep it for yourself .
see you all later
Old 2004-07-04, 12:27   Link #10
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char Aznable
see you all later
Do not ask for licensed anime/manga download links!
buy it from your local book store!
Old 2004-07-04, 12:28   Link #11
Char Aznable
Newtype

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
Do not ask for licensed anime/manga download links!
buy it from your local book store!
sorry...my mistake
Old 2004-07-04, 17:10   Link #12
Kurapica

Samurai Deeper Kyo was the first anime i ever saw and i loved it. I like Demon Eyes Kyo the most, after that comes Sanada Yukimura. Too bad the ending was so lame. I'd love to read the manga, cause i heard it's better then the anime.
Old 2004-07-05, 04:29   Link #13
FrOzE BLadE

the anime's plot was totally different. i watched a few episode as was like huh? ya but i have to agree the manga is much much better. The latest book i got was vol 26... quite a long series
Old 2004-07-10, 14:18   Link #14
Hiei
The Black Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shindara the undying
i am a HUGE sdk fan. i live in tallahassee fl, and there only 7 have come out. i get frustrated cause ppl i talk to in other places have gotten to 8..... grrr! any one who is a fan of sdk, please instant message me!!!! my favorite characters are Shindara the Undying, Benitora, Sanada Yukimaura, and, obviously, Demon Eyes Kyo!!!! i sent in fan art, but i dunno if they will publish it....
so am i... i'm a huge SDK fan too..

my fave chars would be Sasuke Sarutobi and Kyoshiro Mibu.. and Onime no Kyo, of course.. but i also like Yukimura Sanada.. argh i like 'em all...

Char Aznable: everybody hates the anime coz the plot was so different IMO, not as good as the manga.. if u think the anime was good, try read the manga.. i think u'll be astonished..

-- current most favourite
Old 2007-03-13, 22:39   Link #15
AkemiFox

Samurai Deeper Kyo

Is there any Samurai Deeper Kyo readers here?
Personally, I think the manga is way better than the anime. The story just flows smoother in the manga. It makes more sense, too.
Old 2007-03-13, 22:55   Link #16
Freeter
beyond

I heard some people were disappointed with the ending because some loose ends weren't tied up. I liked it though, since it brought everyone together (and the final shot with all the swords was too good).

I got bored with the anime halfway through and gave up on it. The manga is definitely better in all aspects.
Old 2007-04-26, 07:24   Link #17
animeffs13240
V for Victory

I liked the manga

Yes, I have to agree with everybody...the anime was horrible. I liked the manga because it was an interesting read and i really liked how the authors used historical characters in it. It gave me a decent background of japanese history (kenshin helped a little as well). I liked the characters but my favorite parts would be at the beginning when the split personality really came out (i love how characters change when they are in trouble) the anime made the fight scenes boring and i hated how they added those alien things (forgot what they were called) i never finished the series though because the anime totally changed my opinion of the series.
one of my favorite scenes is when they are in the forest and kyo is fighting the big black guy who was proud of his speed. I just loved the picture of kyo when he got serious and said "Let me show you the real kyo" or something like that.
Old 2007-05-05, 06:42   Link #18
A_AQUARE

duh ... of course the mangas ones better.... the anime kinda ruin the name of sdk anyway ... mangas (sdk) still best read not watch(tis dun sound right but u know wat i mean) I like kei best n his dun care attidude...
Old 2007-05-08, 20:09   Link #19
ibreatheanime

The manga wins, hands down. It has just the perfect amount of comedy, action, and a little bit of gore.
Old 2007-08-17, 04:02   Link #20
silverstar11

Send a message via MSN to silverstar11
I have searched in the net and the manga ends in volume 35 (corrent me if I'm wrong), does anyone know how it ends? did kyo and yuya end up to be together?
Closed Thread