AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

Old 2011-04-03, 12:15   Link #181
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Not talking about panties/cleavage shots. I'm talking about sexual scenes, of course well never see them actually doing it but it can be implied, like in that one scene between Kira and Flay in Gundam Seed. Anyways that's what I thought when the script writer about putting "ero scenes" possibly for the couple's.
I hope that what's she's talking about. Then again, Otakus may rag on about purity issues again. I am all for a more developed romantic relationships in my opinion.
Old 2011-04-03, 12:18   Link #182
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I'm enjoying all of the characters so far. All of them seem really interesting, and like acejem said, everything was shown at a very nice pace [I personally think they spent enough time on the parent thing, since that's not the point of the show]. The setting is perfect as well for this type of show.

I'm especially enjoying the main character's personality, considering she's very down-to-earth and relatable. Plus, she's adorable.

So far, I feel like this will be my favorite. I was right to be excited about this, and hopefully PA Works can keep up the pacing [considering I grew tired of Canaan, which started well, and the pacing for Angel Beats wasn't the best].

Edit: Also, usually I wouldn't like characters like Minko, but they do a good job of making Ohana seem inconsiderate enough to seem a little spoiled and childish, yet not enough so that it becomes annoying. I can't blame Minko, but at the same time I can't hate Ohana.

Last edited by OceanBlue; 2011-04-03 at 12:28.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 12:52   Link #183
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Wow, it really clicked from the start. Nice art, interesting setting and characters, plus lots of VAs that I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Really enjoyed this, hopefully P.A Works can keep the production values up, the characters develop well and they make good use of the two cours it will be going for. Nice OP too...

ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 12:56   Link #184
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
I hope that what's she's talking about. Then again, Otakus may rag on about purity issues again. I am all for a more developed romantic relationships in my opinion.
Just to clear up any misunderstanding reason I posted that response to that interview is because when it was mention ero scenes it means sexual scenes, at least that what ero means in the hentai field. While ecchi means just fanservice stuff. Guess that part of the interview/word wasn't translated correctly, the writer actually said ecchi instead of ero scenes.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 13:15   Link #185
Jenesay

What a pleasant surprise! I really liked the art and the setting was great.

Spoiler for thoughs:
Jenesay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 13:24   Link #186
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenesay View Post
What a pleasant surprise! I really liked the art and the setting was great.

Spoiler for thoughs:
In Asian culture, generally yes. Although it may be prohibited by law in a lot of countries, culturally and realistically grandparents and parents are allowed to discipline their children/relatives. I've been subject to it myself, though in the grandmother's case, it is for an ulterior purpose. Usually when children are disciplined it is for a reason and generally for the good development of them.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 13:39   Link #187
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Excellent start to the show I made my top pick of the coming season. I am not usually a huge Itou Kanae fan, but she was absolutely outstanding here, creating a character with potential depth. And maybe Okada Mari is better at doing original stories than adapting other people's. This appears to be the real thing, depending on where they take it from here. Lots of strong characters and a wonderful stage.

As for slapping children, I am not against it in all cases, but East or West, it is usually more about the adult's anger (which comes from fear) than the child's good. It is apparently a fact that most people in prisons in North America were physically abused as children.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 13:42   Link #188
FireChick

I just watched the first episode of this and...WOW!

Spoiler for potential spoiler in case anyone hasn't watched it yet:
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 13:50   Link #189
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
I just watched the first episode of this and...WOW!

Spoiler for potential spoiler in case anyone hasn't watched it yet:
They're a business. Think about what would happen if this happened at a hotel. Plus, as lovable as Ohana is, she acts spoiled when she interacts with Minko. From Minko's point of view, she's messing in things that she shouldn't be messing with [the plants], she's butting in other people's business [the chef], and she's causing her trouble and then trying to appease her by demonizing the grandmother who she has only met for a day.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 13:50   Link #190
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wow, it's like watching a J-drama in animated form, from the plot, to the pacing, to the characters. Just too bad that it's only 25 mins compared to 45 mins j-drama episodes (or 1 hour pilot ones lol); man I'm seriously hanging here.

Definitely a good impression from me. Really looking forward to the nest episode.

And ganbatte Ko-chan! She's still waiting for your message lol. XD

Oddly enough though, I'm not so much into Ko/Ohana ship than I am with Minchi/Tohru one (at least for now). God, those two look good together...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 13:51   Link #191
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Ahh this brings back memories to my first day in working life... Hell, not even full time but a part-time waiter... Even the simplest of smallest of innocent mistakes can be a big deal, it's a very different life from school, almost makes me miss the classroom. Plus you don't really have anyone looking out for you if you're unlucky.

After that I swore never to work in service ever >.>

But enough of that, all the good points people have already mention so I would just like to say that I hope Ko would make the occasional appearance or referrence, I'm interested to see how the relationship would develop if it does.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 13:57   Link #192
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Wow, it's like watching a J-drama in animated form, from the plot, to the pacing, to the characters. Just too bad that it's only 25 mins compared to 45 mins j-drama episodes (or 1 hour pilot ones lol); man I'm seriously hanging here.
I don't watch J-dramas (the few ones I have they were comedies like Nodame Cantabile... which I thought was silly in a good way), but the story seems like a high-end quality Korean drama aimed at teenagers or a western teen drama.

If the quality keeps up, I wouldn't be surprised if they make a live action version out of it for a Japanese mainstream audience though.

Though the pessimistic side of me says the popularity of this show will probably reach something of True Tears level only, or at best Toradora's level (the script writer for Hanasaku Iroha is the same as Toradora I believe).
Old 2011-04-03, 13:58   Link #193
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue
They're a business. Think about what would happen if this happened at a hotel. Plus, as lovable as Ohana is, she acts spoiled when she interacts with Minko. From Minko's point of view, she's messing in things that she shouldn't be messing with [the plants], she's butting in other people's business [the chef], and she's causing her trouble and then trying to appease her by demonizing the grandmother who she has only met for a day.
Spoiler for 1:
Old 2011-04-03, 14:09   Link #194
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

Oddly enough though, I'm not so much into Ko/Ohana ship than I am with Minchi/Tohru one (at least for now). God, those two look good together...

Ah, yes. Will he teach her more than just how to peel vegetables?
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 14:14   Link #195
FireChick

Quote:
I guess you have a point, but I still think the reactions were a bit over-the-top. And I agree with blue-kun's statement too. But thanks for the clarification anyway. I don't really know how all this stuff works. Hehe.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 14:16   Link #196
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

@acejem -- Okada Mari wrote both true tears and Toradora, as well as this show.

@DragoonKain3 -- Yes, very like a TV dorama. And that's a good thing.

@serenade_beta -- I agree about that insert song. Really awful singing, for my taste.

The falling futon would definitely be a big deal at an inn. The grandmother was perfectly justified in giving that big apology. Ohana will cause a lot of trouble before she gets the hang of the place. Fun, lol. I kept looking at the tracks of her polishing and thinking she was missing bits.... I liked the way she stood up for punishment at the end. A big moment in her development.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 14:16   Link #197
Pocari_Sweat

Despite the intended negative reaction, it is obvious that Minko is going to open up and since this is 2 season length anime, I'm fairly certain they will go through her backstory which will explain why she is the way she is.

Will have to see who my favourite character will be as the episodes go on, but I have a feeling it's going to be Minko.
Old 2011-04-03, 14:17   Link #198
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 14:21   Link #199
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
This is fantastic
No "cute girls doing cute things at an onsen"
No "moeblob and nothing happens"
No "panties and boobies flashing harem"
Anime-infused lunchtime soap opera?

Sign me up!
I just came to the realization that my viewing age has become that of a middle-age housewife...

Real life is tough. Work is tough. Coming of age.

Plus the gorgeous production value that PA Works is known for.

This is exactly what I am looking for and what I expected.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 14:24   Link #200
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
Anime-infused lunchtime soap opera?

Sign me up!
I just came to the realization that my viewing age has become that of a middle-age housewife...
I lol'd, then I realised that it's pretty much the same for me. My favourite shows are of the josei or at least of the seinen demography (5cm/s, Honey and Clover for example) and my most anticipated show in the following season after this is Usagi Drop (popular josei manga). Hanasaku Iroha should have been a notimanA anime.

Tags
comedy, coming of age, drama, p.a. works, pa works, romance, slice of life