AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-02, 17:37   Link #21
Kona
Banned

Highlight of the chapter

Law getting owned, showed how weak he is. Good thing the Stronger Shichibukai members don't need alliances to get fame.
Old 2012-10-02, 18:09   Link #22
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Hmmm, Monet is a Harpy with control over ice and snow? Count on Oda to give her one of the strangest combinations of species and abilities. Question is though, is it a devil fruit or not, and if so what kind? Kuzan already has a snow/ice logia df so it must be something rather different. I think we may be able attribute her appearance as a harpy thanks to Law's df powers though.

Kind of disappointed Luffy didn't fight her. Sure it's true she's probably way too weak compared to him so there wouldn't be much of a fight, but Luffy rarely has any match-ups against female foes as it is. I think the only ones were Marigold and Sandersonia.

And damn Law got destroyed by Vergo. He does look pretty awesome without his hat though.~

As my final thought, I wonder what relation Monet and this Mocha girl have?
Old 2012-10-02, 18:52   Link #23
james0246

^It's Snow, and there is nothing to say she can actually control snow, just make it.
Old 2012-10-02, 19:38   Link #24
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Im rooting for Smokey San! Doe's Trafalgar Law ever stop being so damn cool?
Old 2012-10-02, 21:10   Link #25
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^It's Snow, and there is nothing to say she can actually control snow, just make it.
Snow and ice are fundamentally the same thing really. Water frozen into crystals.

The only difference is one is static (ice) and the other is in motion (snow), though I guess I can accept such an explanation to make them different.

Personally I like the idea that was brought up of it beat a Zoan devil fruit for a "Yuki-onna" (snow girl). That would be interesting. Especially the thought of what would happen if a male ate it.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2012-10-02 at 21:23.
Old 2012-10-02, 21:25   Link #26
james0246

^I know Ice and Snow are the same thing (duh ), but Oda being Oda is creating differences for seemingly silly reasons (imo). It'll probably be a paramecia though, just to keep things simple.
Old 2012-10-02, 22:07   Link #27
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 683
That was not a bad chapter. That was a quick fight with Luffy and Monet. At least Oda saved us the trouble and who was stronger. That was pretty smart of Luffy to break the floor to escape. Going through your own dome and changing the temperature of your body sounds like Monet is a Logia user. Vergo may be a bad guy but he is kicking ass and taking names. Poor Law never had a chance. Smoker Vs. Vergo finally.

Vergo Vs. Smoker
I hope law stays out of this fight. He had his chance and he got beat down. Second with Smokers sea stone tip weapon, we will finally get to see if Vergo is a devil fruit user. Hope fully Oda will explore further into Vergo and Smokers powers or skills.

To the victor goes the spoils
I wonder who is carrying Smokers heart. If Smoker wins he should take Laws heart until he gets his back. Also throw a wrench into Laws and Luffy's plan and destroy the SAD production. Finally give Law new conditions. Stay out of my territory. Leave peacefully and pray we never meet again. Finally let him know the higher ups will know everything in the report including his connections with Joker aka Daflamingo.

Has for Law if Smoker does win, go over and take Vergo's heart(If Smoker has not killed him) while he is out. Phone Daflamingo later after the arch and start squeezing Vergo's heart at the same time. That would really piss Daflamingo and Vergo(If he still alive) off.
Old 2012-10-03, 03:40   Link #28
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Can anyone remind me what damage exactly did Sanji take when Nami was in his body?

Anyway, Vergo is the real deal (I wonder if he uses any of that candy, though?) and Law looks a lot like Mugen from Samurai Champloo without his hat... which makes him even cooler than he already is (the fact that Mugen was voiced by Zoro's VA helps, too ).
Old 2012-10-03, 05:52   Link #29
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^I know Ice and Snow are the same thing (duh ), but Oda being Oda is creating differences for seemingly silly reasons (imo). It'll probably be a paramecia though, just to keep things simple.
Even if Monet was a Logia, it wouldn't really be contradicting the DF logic. It's been established that one df power can only occur once at the same time. But 'power' does not equal 'element'. I'm pretty confident that whatever Monet's doing (if she's a logia), Aokiji could potentially do as well. However, Monet cannot do everything Aokiji can do, since she's probably restricted to snow powers. That fact alone is pretty much enough to justify her powers. Snow powers are ice powers, yes, but ice powers are not snow powers.
Old 2012-10-03, 07:17   Link #30
ronin myael
lost ronin

to be fair, vergo had law's heart in his possession. just a little squeeze and law goes weak in the knees, literally! this fight does not really show us how powerful vergo is compared to law. it simply shoes that vergo is a formidable opponent. sanji had a hard time against him, after all. we haven't even seen law use his "room". personally, i'd like to see law retrieve his heart and then fight vergo on equal footing. the fight in this chapter is so one-sided it's boring.
Old 2012-10-03, 08:16   Link #31
raziel16

Does Luffy started to adopt dont-hit-woman policy after the time skip? This is just like sanji vs Kalifa fight, he's all talk/threat but won't actually hit her
Old 2012-10-03, 08:20   Link #32
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel16 View Post
Does Luffy started to adopt dont-hit-woman policy after the time skip? This is just like sanji vs Kalifa fight, he's all talk/threat but won't actually hit her
It's a cop-out by Oda. A "pretty" girl/woman can't be hit by a guy in this series. This has been established since even before the time-skip.
Old 2012-10-03, 10:07   Link #33
marvelB

I like how people always tend to forget that Luffy knocked out Ms. Valentine waaaay back in the Whiskey Peak arc. Or hell, his short scuffle with Vivi at Alabasta for that matter. The dude definitely definitely has no qualms about hitting girls, even "pretty" ones.

And actually, as far as male-on-female violence in this series is concerned, I guess everyone also forgot about Spandam's whole wife-beater routine with Robin back in the EL arc, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Going through your own dome and changing the temperature of your body sounds like Monet is a Logia user.

I don't think so. If she were a Logia then she should be able to transform into the snow, but all we've seen her do so far is phase through her snow huts. She didn't turn into ice like Aokiji did when he froze Robin and Luffy.

Personally, I'm still of the opinion that she's a Mythical Zoan with snow powers. That way, she has abilities similar to a logia but without the intangibility (like Marco with his phoenix powers).
Old 2012-10-03, 10:30   Link #34
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I like how people always tend to forget that Luffy knocked out Ms. Valentine waaaay back in the Whiskey Peak arc. Or hell, his short scuffle with Vivi at Alabasta for that matter. The dude definitely definitely has no qualms about hitting girls, even "pretty" ones.

And actually, as far as male-on-female violence in this series is concerned, I guess everyone also forgot about Spandam's whole wife-beater routine with Robin back in the EL arc, huh?
I knew these examples would be brought up, but they don't really qualify here. They're very tame in violence, to be quite honest. Luffy has never hit a "pretty" female with the same ferocity/intensity as he has to, say for example, Arlong, Crocodile, Enel, Lucci, etc.

We're talking about actual serious fights here. Maybe Oda will change things up a bit from here on out, but so far things are still looking as formulaic as ever.
Old 2012-10-03, 11:02   Link #35
james0246

^Don't forget Alvida. Luffy hit her so hard he made her pretty (indirectly) .

That being said, besides some skirmishes in Amazon Lily, Luffy has never fought a female character. Just some love taps here and there...
Old 2012-10-03, 11:13   Link #36
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Should Luffy fight Big Mom, Oda will have no qualms with Luffy laying the smackdown on her because she's been portrayed as a vicious, repulsive, large woman. It's the "pretty" ones that Oda has to be delicate with.
Old 2012-10-03, 11:19   Link #37
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Should Luffy fight Big Mom, Oda will have no qualms with Luffy laying the smackdown on her because she's been portrayed as a vicious, repulsive, large woman. It's the "pretty" ones that Oda has to be delicate with.
If it's against "Jabba the Hutt" then Luffy has no choice but to fight
Old 2012-10-03, 12:45   Link #38
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Wait so Vergo still has his heart in the end. What was he saying about getting his heart back from Ceaser?
Old 2012-10-03, 15:30   Link #39
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I knew these examples would be brought up, but they don't really qualify here. They're very tame in violence, to be quite honest. Luffy has never hit a "pretty" female with the same ferocity/intensity as he has to, say for example, Arlong, Crocodile, Enel, Lucci, etc.

Speaking of female violence and Arlong, what about when the latter killed Bellemere? He DID kind of plug with three bullets at point-blank range.....

But yeah, I guess Luffy would never seriously injure a woman unless it were a gag or the female in question were a grotesque monster (like Big Mom). Not that I really mind, though. Just as long as Oda never pulls off another battle of pure fanservice ever again (points towards Nami vs. Califa)......
Old 2012-10-03, 16:16   Link #40
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

if law can't beat vergo, who is just a VA... then imagine how much stronger the admirals are... or even the Yonkos

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion