Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-03, 02:20   Link #21
Thingle
Banned

Funny no one mentioned RideBack??

Strike White Album off that list. It's nowhere near the best.

Last edited by Thingle; 2009-08-03 at 02:42.
Old 2009-08-03, 02:32   Link #22
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

As other people have mentioned, it's very early to talk of best of the year in august, especially because we're cutting out the Fall season which often is the one providing the best titles.

That said, only considering anime that started in 2009, my favourite so far would be Cross Game with no second thoughts.
Old 2009-08-03, 02:35   Link #23
X10A_Freedom

So far, only one anime has *really* caught my attention, which is Minami-Ke Okaeri.

Eden of the East was pretty good with amazing art and atmosphere, but it's a little weird at the same time.

The currently airing Tokyo Magnitude which follows the thought and emotions of primary school kids after a catastrophic earthquake, and Bakemonogatari which takes eccentricity and weirdness to a new level, coupled with an awesome female lead and voice may prove to be very good.

Most overrated anime this year in my opinion - Toradora. It was probably the most talked about anime at the start of 2009.

At the end of the day, it really depends on what genre you like watching.
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Old 2009-08-03, 02:39   Link #24
Saber Cherry
Marionette

I expect Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Spice and Wolf 2, and Eden to be the best of what's released so far. However, I have not actually seen any episodes of them - series that I feel are really good, I save until I can marathon.

Instead, I'm watching the second tier as it comes out -
Sora no Manimani, Canaan, Umineko, Gendai Mahou, Hayate no Gotoku.

Toradora, by the way, I thought was excellent - but not 2009.

But as has been mentioned, the fall season looks like it could be quite good.
Old 2009-08-03, 03:36   Link #25
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
This is obviously Saki for me. It is true entertainment at its best without worrying about plot, romantic drama, etc... Once in a while, it's good to just sit back and enjoy anime, and that is what Saki delivers.

Other notable mentions but still miles away from Saki are K-ON!, Sora no Manimani, and Kanamemo. K-ON! is once again mindless entertainment without plot, which is what I seem to be leaning towards recently. Sora no Manimani is...well, an average show that I like more than I should because Mihoshi is moe and I love astronomy. Kanamemo is just weirdly good. Before, I could not compare Moetan to anything. But Kanamemo comes very close. Entertainment does not come from how good the anime actually is, but by its "wow, wtf" factor.
Old 2009-08-03, 13:02   Link #26
zato_1one

My most favorite now is Bakemonogatari. I don't think it's overrated at all. Not many people (including me) know about it when it started airing. It becomes more popular because of its own merit. Not because of the hype from some fans or any advertisements. Most overrated or overhype show, in my opinion, is Haruhi 2009. I also consider Umineko as overhype but I hope that it can prove me wrong in upcoming episodes.
Old 2009-08-03, 13:13   Link #27
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

I'm not going to get into best/worst with us still having so much anime yet to hit the air this year, but I do think the most overlooked series of this year so far has got to be Tears to Tiara. It's got nice visuals, likable characters, an interesting world setting and a surprisingly good story.
Old 2009-08-03, 14:51   Link #28
gonzo562

spice and wolf II
hajime no ippo new challenger
pandora hearts
Old 2009-08-03, 20:41   Link #29
Plasma.

What about Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood?
Old 2009-08-04, 10:52   Link #30
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It's still a few more months until the end of the year, but surprisingly there are already some I've seen that will stay on my Best of 2009 list even when other stellar shows have yet to air.

Confirmed for Best of 2009:
Clannad After Story
Cross Game
Eden of the East (someone needs to defend this.)
Spice and Wolf II (yes, even though it's only 4 episodes in, because I'm that big of a Horo fanboy)

In the Running:
Aoi Hana
Toradora
Taishou Yakyuu no Musume
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Old 2009-08-04, 23:33   Link #31
mit7059

Go with the unoriginal path and say Cross Game, got me so hooked I am now current on the manga, which never happens for me.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2009-08-05, 13:36   Link #32
-chii-
chii is chii

Kemono no souja erin

by far the best thing imo so far to come out of 2009

ROMANCE OF THE THREE KINGDOMS
is going to be the best though *can't wait for fall*
Old 2009-08-05, 14:49   Link #33
Pirate
~Lifenumb

Eden of the East

Bakemonogatari

Spice and Wolf II
Old 2009-08-05, 15:44   Link #34
signorRossi

I almost wanted to write 'none so far', but then I saw mentioned Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou which I had forgotten is a 2009 show, so my vote goes to ZNY.
Old 2009-08-05, 19:18   Link #35
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
So far:

The best anime of 2009:

Cross Game

with Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood a runner up- (I'm probably a little biased because I know the future storyline, and they are just barely getting to the good parts in the anime)

I'll put Haruhi Suzumiya as second runner up- if only for the meta level mind screw that is Endless Eight.

Most over hyped: K-On

Most over rated: Eden of the East

Hands down the worst: Queen's Blade (I saw a 5 minute trailer before I knew anything about it other than the name and I knew without having to see any more that I did not want to see any more of that anime, and nothing I've heard since has convinced me differently.)
Old 2009-08-05, 22:08   Link #36
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

So far for me its a 4 way horse between Saki, Bakemonogatari, Taishou Yakyuu no Musume and Spice and Wolf II but most likely to increase with next season >__<
If I had to say which one is just taking the lead atm I'd probably go with Taishou Yakyuu no Musume, it does cute girls doing cute things perfectly, real surprise hit with me.

on a side note for my weird randomness, Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou could be a anime of the year for me, simply cause its got one of the catchiest EDs I ever heard. More than enough for me to say yea damn good anime!

be back later for porper choice.
Old 2009-08-06, 03:38   Link #37
ToshiroHitsugaya
Head Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Isn't it way too early to be even discussing this? 2009 isn't even half over.
lets see there ar 12 months in a year(atleast where I come from)

and Aug is the 8th month in a year so the way I see it is that 2009 is more than half way done
Old 2009-08-06, 04:09   Link #38
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas for the moment. Haven't really watched other one this year, but I should.
Old 2009-08-12, 03:20   Link #39
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Im not sure if this is based on airing anime, aired anime or both. Also, do you count something that started on 2008 but finished on 2009 as a 2008 anime or a 2009 anime?

Assuming, it is aired anime and animes that finished in 2009:

1. Clannad AS
2. Higashi no Eden
3. Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou (2nd season)

A bit too soon to judge based on airing anime, but it keeps up the same quality till the end, it will project to something like (assuming animes including those airing as well as aired and those that finished in 2009)

1. Clannad AS
2. Bakemonogatari
3. Spice and Wolf II

On a completely different note, the most overrated is K-on! At least with Haruhi S2, people are admitting its crap because of the endless eight.
Old 2009-08-20, 21:59   Link #40
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Hmm... like I said I think K-On is overhyped, not overrated.

It's a good show, but it's not a must see, and not worth the raving that there was during it's airing. (I've noticed that since ending the passion seems to have cooled).

Also, Endless Eight was not crap. Stupid yes. But not crap. You can't call it crap when so much time and effort was spent reanimating every scene. Stupid- yes very stupid. But not crap... more like how eating too much candy makes you deathly ill.

Doesn't mean you don't like it, just means you have far too much of it.
Closed Thread