AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-06-24, 14:50   Link #881
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

We're at 20 days from the premiere xD

How many of you will watch the movie in camrip xD?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 14:51   Link #882
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

That's assuming we get a camrip. I'll probably skim it to see which of my favorite scenes they kept and which they removed.
Old 2012-06-24, 14:54   Link #883
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We'll undoubtedly get a camrip. That said, I'll probably just wait for the DVD version to be subbed.
Old 2012-06-24, 15:19   Link #884
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
The DVD and Blu-Rays are subbed. Most likely.

Else that's just too sad (aka won't buy it without subs).
Old 2012-06-24, 17:30   Link #885
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Mm, the dream sequence can just be condensed to be a bit more concise. I don't think it has to really break the narrative to be included. Hell, you could condense most of episode 1 quickly, although it appears they aren't doing that.

Would you guys object to doing away with the transformations (just the quick transformations they usually do?) and leave it to the extras? Oh wait, I guess nobody will stand for that. :S

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 17:42   Link #886
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

A's is the flashiest season of the series and people love flashy (at least i do xD) si i think the henshin sequences must stay and be flashier than the ones in the anime (specially the wolks, their henshin sequences in A's and StrikerS are too simple and with merely "ok" quality, the deserve some nice ones like Nanoha and Fate xD).

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-06-24, 17:45   Link #887
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Henshins are part of what make a magical girl series, imo...The important characters should at least have one throughout the movie, just as the have with every season of the series.
Old 2012-06-24, 18:04   Link #888
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Yeah they will xD. Will they keep the timeskip scene?
Old 2012-06-24, 18:24   Link #889
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

If they did it would all but guarantee a sequel.
Old 2012-06-24, 18:31   Link #890
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

They'll stop making movies when they'll stop being profitable. Until then? Sequel it is

Condensing StrikerS gonna be fun tho' What to scrap, what to keep? Methinks less drone fights, quicker introduction of the numbers should help a ton. Don't want to write them out and screw up a potential Vivid or Force movie, after all.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 19:03   Link #891
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
2.5 hour movie, though. They are really stretching into long territories.
Give me LotR-level 3 hours and then we'll talk.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 19:23   Link #892
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Probably make a Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha the Strikers Forwards 4th

And Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha the Strikers Numbers 5th
Old 2012-06-24, 20:24   Link #893
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
What to cut from StrikerS? Well, honestly, a lot of it. Or make it two movies. But honestly, I'd rather have an AU and see something completely different.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 20:55   Link #894
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

To tell from two sides: the RF6 side (and include a s***load of good guys [maybe])

And numbers side (and tell stories of every one of them: and Jail)
Old 2012-06-24, 22:27   Link #895
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Perhaps an adaptation of the PSP game(s) *shot*
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 23:00   Link #896
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Probably make a Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha the Strikers Forwards 4th

And Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha the Strikers Numbers 5th
You know... this could almost work. The first movie could end after recovering Vivio, (about episode 11 or 12 in the anime). Simply need to beef up the fighting in the city, make it flashier, and a bit more risky.

Start of second movie has some Ginga and Subaru stuff, then leads into the attack on the peace conference and then the final cradle battle. Some details to work out, but doable.

Heh, I have a text file I made awhile back, that would have condensed StrikerS into 13 episodes, just to see if it could be done. And it appears possible. Of course, I'd have to see it in action to see if it has pacing issues.

In regards to the 2.5 hours of movie... the first Nanoha movie was 2 hours and 10 minutes, and that starts from the moment Nanoha begins monologuing at the start. I haven't actually timed how much time is taken up by end credits, but no more than 5 minutes. So yeah, I think we can expect a full 2.5 hours of sitting in your seat.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 00:26   Link #897
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Boards or digital downloads.

So Fate will be a mysterious transfer student (who will play dodgeball and slam it to Suzuka XD)

Last edited by bhl88; 2012-06-25 at 02:03.
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 10:02   Link #898
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I think Striker can be crammed without problems in a 3 hour movie without losing much. The entire first half of the season can be fleshes out in 10 or 15 minutes, just cram all the training episodes on a training montage xD! That and using the Gadget Drones as what they really are: mooks (i still sratch my head on the forwards fighting mooks without any major opponent for over 9 episodes, even the Power Rangers aren't that terrible xDU). Then, as said above, focus better on the numbers introduction and fleshing out and perhaps a bit more depiction of the connections between Scaglietti and Precia (you know, Fate's mandatory "important moment per movie").

Epic stories had been told in teathers a million times and with a MOVIE bugdget the fall of RF6 will be amazingly apocalyptic as also the epicness of the assault on the cradle. I won't expect "The Avengers" levels of awesomeness but still can be a good epic/action flick. But the most important detail: less talk, more fight xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-06-25, 11:24   Link #899
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I think Striker can be crammed without problems in a 3 hour movie without losing much. The entire first half of the season can be fleshes out in 10 or 15 minutes, just cram all the training episodes on a training montage xD!
Of course, "the entire first half" also consists of introducing and developing the forwards (the entirety of Teana's arc took place in the first half). I agree, they could cut out most of the relic hunting and training, but 15 minutes? People tend to exaggerate how long those training episodes were Hell, training was usually only a small part of them. I say cutting them down would yield 2 hours. Tops. And I'd still like to see an editor pull that off, because I am pulling my hair on my end on how the frak I'm going to keep the plot and character development consistent.

Cramming the entirety of StrikerS into a 2 hour movie will require extensive rewriting. Introducing the numbers as opponents instead of the drones for one, gets the antagonists on the field quicker. Skip the relics (which in the end barely served a purpose that can't be replaced by a doohikey anyway) and head straight into "evil scientist doing doing strange stuff." Toss in Vivio on the 40 minute mark, attack on HQ on the 1:00 mark, the cradle on the 1:20 mark.

40 minutes for character/antagonist introduction/growth, 20 for new character and lurking plot, 20 minutes of chaos and battles around the HQ followed by 40 minutes of battle in the skies and resolution.

Rough, but that's how I picture it. Rewrites, rewrites everywhere! But kaiser knows StrikerS needs it.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 11:33   Link #900
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^I think it can work the way your wrote it, specially if the movie is upgraded to 2.5 hours like the A's movie was. Developement for characters can be done in one hour without much trouble it's just amtter of stablishing the characters and their motivations. As for the Numbers i totally agree with you, the should be introduced right from the start with the drones just filling their purpouse as mooks to give the expanded cast or TSAB grunts something to do, the Chitauri army in "the Avengers" filled that specific purpouse for example xD. We can have Scaglietty already in possesion of most relic except the one he needs for Vivio and the one Lutecia is searching for.

I already said somewhere esle that with the lots of filler and stretchign the series have it can be crammep up in a 13-episode season without troubles. The same for a 2.5 or 3 hours movie xD

~The ASFB~