AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-09-19, 19:22   Link #1221
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I been wanting a set of the Neverland Heroine for a while but the set is really expensive and hard to fine

http://www.toysnjoys.com/spectralforce.html

but i found this store is selling it for only $35

anyone lving in HI knows if this place is legit?
Old 2008-09-25, 21:33   Link #1222
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
i always wondered... when people say "don't put them in sunlight", does that mean directly? (as in outdoors). i guess the window seal definitely will damage them.
mine are in a glass cabnet (ikea detolf) about 2 metres away from the window, it definitely has SOME exposure to the sunlight coming into the room, is this still ok?
I'm guessing that there are two reasons for this. The first deals with fading of colors due to sunlight, and the second deals with warping due to sunlight.

Fading follows the same concerns as wall scrolls or paintings. Anything that is exposed to direct sunlight often will begin to fade where the sun hits it. This is partially dependent on the strength of the sun; if your figures are only being hit by the sunlight during sunset, for example, the risk of having their colors fade where the sun is hitting them is relatively low. Note also that reflected sunlight (from mirrors, water, etc.) is weakened sunlight. Strong sunlight reflected off of a clean mirror can still pose a threat, I'd imagine. If you're worried about this, consider tinting the glass on your case, tinting your windows, or just going the simple route and adding curtains or blinds to your window and putting them down during sunny periods. I used blinds on my south-facing windows to protect my wallscrolls, and it worked nicely.

Warping would be due to the heat from sunlight. Keep in mind that your figures are not living organisms - they can't sweat or do anything to regulate their temperature. Think about how warm or even hot some rocks can get that were sitting in the sun for a few hours - the same could happen to your figure if it's sitting in the sun. The risk of warping on PVC figures is supposedly worse than on cold-cast figures, if I remember right, but it's best to not risk it in either case. Similar to the fading principles, reflected sunlight is weakened in terms of its heating properties. I'd say that heat is almost a non-issue from reflected sunlight, unless it's being focused and reflected off of materials designed to absorb as little heat energy as possible.
Old 2008-09-30, 20:44   Link #1223
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
thanks for the detailed advice!

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 02:55   Link #1224
rainbow_star

Hey guys! See what I did!!! Unlimited Miku Works!!! XD

http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=1096

Spoiler for My September figures:
rainbow_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 01:48   Link #1225
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

I was wondering has anyone who has preordered a figure from Playasia succuesfully receive your figure? I am asking this because I preordered a figure from them a while ago and the figure is releasing end of this month. But one of my friends who has preordered two different figures from them told me that they never got the figures he preordered in stock, not even after a year. I have also done a bit of google search and noticed that some other people were having a similar experience.

So do you think I should cancel my preorder now (which I have already paid for with Paypal and I know it's a stupid move) or just hope that they will get the figure when it releases? I never had any preorder problems with Playasia before but this is the first time I am preordering a figure from them.
p997tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 02:27   Link #1226
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

I saw a pic of someone placing anime figurines (not sure what exact model or material) within their PC case! Mikuru was standing on the graphics card, Shana on the DVD-ROM drive, and some others scattered at the base of the box. Is this safe? I'll try and find the pic...
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 02:30   Link #1227
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

When the com heats up, the figures will warp and bend under the heat.

He either sacrifices his gashapons or just placed them there for a pic.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 02:59   Link #1228
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Are there any good local figurine store in Sydney, Australia? Does anyone know?

And I wish they'd re-release the Alicia Max Factory figure, saw it on ebay for a while for 200USD, thought it was a bit expensive and now it's gone.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 03:05   Link #1229
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Are there any good local figurine store in Sydney, Australia? Does anyone know?

And I wish they'd re-release the Alicia Max Factory figure, saw it on ebay for a while for 200USD, thought it was a bit expensive and now it's gone.
I'm not from Sydney, but I'm sure there's plenty of stores around. Try Chinatown, Hobby Japan, and Animezone if they have that over there.
Old 2008-10-05, 05:11   Link #1230
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Unfortunately Hobby Japan is in Melbourne, as do most other local stores. I'm looking for some hidden gems that are in Sydney, NSW.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 05:34   Link #1231
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Wow, Sydney doesn't have Hobby Japan? I thought that Sydney would have everything Melbourne has and more. But still, Chinatown or any Asian suburbs would be the best bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eczema View Post
I saw a pic of someone placing anime figurines (not sure what exact model or material) within their PC case! Mikuru was standing on the graphics card, Shana on the DVD-ROM drive, and some others scattered at the base of the box. Is this safe? I'll try and find the pic...
Here's the pic I was talking about before, except I got some details mixed up:

Old 2008-10-05, 08:20   Link #1232
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

These figures will get fried, box temperatures are too high for figures if you ask me, especially under stress.
Old 2008-10-05, 09:43   Link #1233
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by p997tt View Post
I was wondering has anyone who has preordered a figure from Playasia succuesfully receive your figure? I am asking this because I preordered a figure from them a while ago and the figure is releasing end of this month. But one of my friends who has preordered two different figures from them told me that they never got the figures he preordered in stock, not even after a year. I have also done a bit of google search and noticed that some other people were having a similar experience.

So do you think I should cancel my preorder now (which I have already paid for with Paypal and I know it's a stupid move) or just hope that they will get the figure when it releases? I never had any preorder problems with Playasia before but this is the first time I am preordering a figure from them.
I've pre-ordered from them in the past and gotten the figure without an issue. Had a massive delay on something they listed as in-stock though. I don't really order from them at all anymore though, their prices are really high in addition to the high shipping costs.

I don't think you should cancel the pre-order unless you can get the money back and/or have a definite shot of pre-ordering from somewhere else. If money isn't an issue you could also put in a second pre-order at another store just in case.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 21:46   Link #1234
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eczema View Post
Wow, Sydney doesn't have Hobby Japan? I thought that Sydney would have everything Melbourne has and more. But still, Chinatown or any Asian suburbs would be the best bet.

Here's the pic I was talking about before, except I got some details mixed up:

jesus,. i wonder if they can take the heat
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 22:16   Link #1235
problemedchild
ô_ô

I'd say the two on top are fine, the one on the HDD shouldn't have issues as long as it can withstand about 33C, as for the one under the graphics card, I honestly have no idea..... Can't tell the model number of the card with the fan and figure blocking it. :<
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 22:55   Link #1236
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

by the way, any one bought any of the Ame-Comi PVC?

They are female comic character (wonder women, super girl, cat women) re-designed in Anime style and hand painted. They are not too expensive neither
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 00:06   Link #1237
Evayo
I brings a ruckus.

I'm pretty new to collecting figures, but so far I have Nono, Haruhi Suzumiya, Yuki Nagato, Ryoko Asakura, and two Mikuru's.

I'm getting all four Lucky Star Figma figures, two Hatsune Miku's, and one Rei Ayanami for christmas.

~:Evayo:~
Evayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 20:48   Link #1238
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

I think figures is one of my true Addictions a few years ago.... havent really bought many in the last 6-months to a year, though.... hard on the pocket book with minimal value towards living... even if they are very pretty... I've got a few that are not added to that site... but oh well.. wish I had more money to spend on figures and dvd... but right now watching my brand new house's value slipping under what I owe on it... pretty scary though in itself.
todkapuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 02:59   Link #1239
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Welcome to the world of figure collecting lol

Its so hard to stop, even my parents have no choice but to help me maintain my collection. Probably 50% of the pay when I was in the army, went into my figure collection, the nation literally funded me for my hobby lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 06:11   Link #1240
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

I'm new to figures. I only know of Figma and Nendoroids, but I'm sure there's plenty of other models out there. Where should a newbie start?