AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-09, 16:49   Link #121
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Yeah, Bachou is actually really cute. People should check out her dakimakura, it's probably even better than Kannu's.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 17:43   Link #122
KiryuuKazumanosuke

Bachou Dakimakura?
KiryuuKazumanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 17:57   Link #123
Mizuno
Undefined

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiryuuKazumanosuke View Post
Bachou Dakimakura?

Old 2009-10-09, 18:02   Link #124
velvet
"with you, happiness"

@lordray
Err. Is that a DL link for an episode? In a licensed thread?

@Mizuno
I'll... have my lolis. That goth dress in the ED just caught me off guard

velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 20:29   Link #125
Mizuno
Undefined

How come no one mentioned Sei's "using her fingers to ascend the stairs of heaven" quote? That is damn classic.

Took me a couple of seconds to get it, when Kannu blushed it became obvious. Typical Sei.
Old 2009-10-09, 21:54   Link #126
Doria

Yeah, that was probably the best line of the episode!
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 22:20   Link #127
GarethXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post

eww anime version not moe >_<

Quote:
I'll... have my lolis. That goth dress in the ED just caught me off guard
then just wait for sui + tanpopo in goth dress

Quote:
Is there something wrong with just having a group of female adventurers going around slashing things and defeating the same three bandits? They've got plenty on their plate without having to be draping themselves over some Johnny Averageguy.
yes because what made the story from the game interesting was the chemistry and interaction between the girls and kazuto. the only way the show won't turn boring would be to add kacho rangers vs munemune dan storyline or a magical girl karin side story

oh and best line in ep one would be lili expllaining how to make up
GarethXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 22:25   Link #128
Midonin
Last Engage

Every shows gets sidetracked by romance discussion. I truly don't believe love is a bad thing - after all, it is a curious thing (makes one man weep, makes another man sing) - but I'd like there to be at least one show where the thread doesn't eventually turn into who the audience wants to boink who.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 22:38   Link #129
GarethXL

umm the main theme of the story was about romance and kazuto acceptance to a different lifestyle. with humor on how he or the other cast cope with the different point of view or action taken, ohh and of course yurin and loli sex

you're basically asking for a Michel Bay action movie without the mindless explosion and car chase scene.
Old 2009-10-09, 22:41   Link #130
nanohh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarethXL View Post
though no matter what

no kazuto = show fail.
yeah =.= I had hoped that this serie would be adapted from the VN, not the sequel of anime KM.

well, it's not bad though but the OP clip makes me think that Ryuubi is just a secondary character
nanohh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 22:42   Link #131
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
umm the main theme of the story was about romance and kazuto acceptance to a different lifestyle. with humor on how he or the other cast cope with the different point of view or action taken, ohh and of course yurin and loli sex

you're basically asking for a Michel Bay action movie without the mindless explosion and car chase scene.
No, the anime presents a different sort of story, but not one quite as empty as you're saying. By making Aisha and company the protagonists and showing their exploits in battle, it becomes something akin to a good old sword-and-sorcery fantasy minus the fantasy. Traveling on the road, making friends, encountering wild animals that are not the ones you raised as a kid despite the brightest of optimism...

It's a perfectly valid thing in its own right, and has been entertaining me quite well for all of the first series and the first episode of the second.
Old 2009-10-09, 22:57   Link #132
Mizuno
Undefined

I guess I'm one of the few who enjoys this more without a male character lead. Now would they please dispose of the fake Ryuubi?
Old 2009-10-09, 23:09   Link #133
GarethXL

i didn't say the anime version is empty just that comparing to the game storyline/plotline the animated version falls well bellow par, if you're not a fan of the game then the show is an ok light watch but if you're a fan of the game the animation feels just like nothing but fan service where the story is just a means for pantsu shot and cliche humor ( not that i'm complaining about both of them. )

if they went with the source material they would have a great show for all to enjoy with great storyline, touching moments and lots of fan service, but the animation original storyline just felt average at best i would give it a 7/10 because due to fan obligation and chibi scene in original broadcast. if i wasn't a fan i would only give it a 6 at best.

though i'm having high hope for this season since ukitsu and kata is in it and hoping that chosen is in it too Norio Wakamoto is full of lulz in the game and the ova
Old 2009-10-09, 23:11   Link #134
Cirrostratucat
絶対領域

Send a message via Yahoo to Cirrostratucat
I also one of the few who enjoys this show without any male lead. Yes, the VN itself also has good story with Kazuto being the main characters. I enjoy it more when watching this show as a spin-off/different/alternate/whatever you call version compared with the game. If you want the "real" Koihime, just play the game IMO.
Cirrostratucat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 23:12   Link #135
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
if they went with the source material they would have a great show for all to enjoy with great storyline, touching moments and lots of fan service
If I had a nickel for every time I heard that one. (And due to my recent exposure to seeing such a claim in action, I'm not sure of its accuracy.) Interpreting a story a little differently with an adaptation isn't a bad thing. If anything, it's expected, and a story told first in one medium is no less valid than a story told first in another.
Old 2009-10-09, 23:15   Link #136
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

The anime series is just a shameless Promotional Video (Read :- Adverstiment, Commercial, Plug, etc) for the franchise. Just accept it as such.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 23:17   Link #137
GarethXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
If I had a nickel for every time I heard that one. (And due to my recent exposure to seeing such a claim in action, I'm not sure of its accuracy.) Interpreting a story a little differently with an adaptation isn't a bad thing. If anything, it's expected, and a story told first in one medium is no less valid than a story told first in another.
i won't argue with this since we had fate/stay night and that other typemoon adaptation
Old 2009-10-09, 23:26   Link #138
Cirrostratucat
絶対領域

Send a message via Yahoo to Cirrostratucat
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
The anime series is just a shameless Promotional Video (Read :- Adverstiment, Commercial, Plug, etc) for the franchise. Just accept it as such.
LOL, I didn't event think about this until you said it. Kinda make sense now since all those lovely dakimakura become irresistible for me after watching this show ^^a

...Now, whose money should I rob to buy them all?
Cirrostratucat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 02:11   Link #139
Doria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrostratucat View Post
I also one of the few who enjoys this show without any male lead.
It seems hard to believe, honestly, that the majority of viewers wouldn't feel pretty close to the way you do, by this point in the series.

And to the other points, I think, personally, you can say something is all about marketing, all about moe/fanservice/etc., or whatever. And any or all of those may be true, but it really doesn't prevent anyone from enjoying it for that or a completely different reason. Nor does it seem wrong to me to enjoy it for those reasons, if that's what floats your boat (helps you up the stairs towards Heaven?)... Just my feeling on it.
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 04:48   Link #140
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

The lack of any males in this show is sorta like a gag in itself. The parade of girls in the ED sort of proves it. OFF WITH FAKE LIU BEI'S HEAD.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, eroge, seinen, yuri