AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-12-25, 17:49   Link #2561
tetsuo69

saw it on youtube and i gotta say it made me remember how cool seed was
Old 2011-12-25, 18:04   Link #2562
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Also, as I said 8 years ago or whatever, BLITZ is by far the most incredible Gundam in history to be destroyed before it's time...Only FREEDOM can boldly admit to being in the same class of aesthetic awesomeness...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Absolutely agree with you. Blitz has SO much potential but totally wasted due to the rookie nature of its pilot. Imagine if Kira got Blitz instead of Strike. ...
But if the Blitz isn't trashed, we'll not have the following :-

MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 21:08   Link #2563
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^That //hackatsuki-BLITZ? You can have that...Just give me the first gen...
Old 2011-12-25, 21:14   Link #2564
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

God Everyone is back, and to think that let's face it, the Gundam Section has been dead for a while since 00 ended. and AGE is not getting the usual fanfare lately. Let's enjoy and hope for some new scenes in the Remaster, it's slowly reminding us that Destiny was in fact the bane of CE, and SEED was, at worst something on the mid-range in the franchise.
Old 2011-12-26, 00:51   Link #2565
winter45

Not looking forward to the whole kira emo/whining for the good part of Seed... but am looking forward to the new visuals.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 01:48   Link #2566
HasuMasu
*Artist

Gotta agree with what's been said about the Blitz, a truly awesome design indeed.
Old 2011-12-26, 06:56   Link #2567
monster

Wow, and I thought I was the only one who liked Blitz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^That //hackatsuki-BLITZ? You can have that...Just give me the first gen...
That is the Astray Gold Frame Amatu. It's basically the Gold Frame + Blitz's right arm + other modifications.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 10:09   Link #2568
justavisitor

everyone likes blitz XD...just too bad that Blitz cannot fly in earth...the invisible technology kind of become useless in earth (imagine the blitz becomes invisible while other can still see the "unmanned" hover craft)

I really think seed was a very good gundam series (destiny i don't know because i didn't really watch all of it)...don't know why ppl hated seed so much back then
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 11:21   Link #2569
rakusukira

everyone was bitching about Seed because it had a lot of similarities to UC series...

don't get me wrong, I'm a SEED fan.. and seeing the homage to UC that SEED presented kind of made my insides go fluffly..

Spoiler for :):
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 11:52   Link #2570
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

all in all, I think the real reason why SEED gets alot of flak now is Destiny.
Old 2011-12-26, 12:41   Link #2571
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
In the best of worlds the HD Remaster of SEED would end with the announcement of a complete reboot/remake of Destiny, although I think the first 15ish episodes are pretty good.

The fun part is that even though we all know that the changes will be minor and not point the story in a new direction it still feels like watching a show I haven´t seen before.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 18:36   Link #2572
justavisitor

a similarity to UC doesn't necessarily mean it's bad...if i remember it right, seed was the first series that focused back to the conflict between two big military sides (didn't watch Turn A tho so not 100% sure)

and I don't need a remake of destiny, just edit the reused scenes would be good enough...to me, plot was not the issue why destiny was "controversial", it was the reused scenes

anyway...I will probably keep watching this remastered version of gundam seed..it's just one episode per week..and if I am not mistaken, ep 2 will be aired around Jan 8?
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 18:39   Link #2573
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
In the best of worlds the HD Remaster of SEED would end with the announcement of a complete reboot/remake of Destiny, although I think the first 15ish episodes are pretty good.

The fun part is that even though we all know that the changes will be minor and not point the story in a new direction it still feels like watching a show I haven´t seen before.
Well if it's anything comparable to DBZ Kai, then that'll be great...Sometimes addition by subtraction works aswell...Looking at the old animation of SEED, getting the George Lucas treatment is gonna do alot for those battles (Smoothness being #1 improvement area I can see)...I also hope there are slight dialogue changes in certain places if it's effective (Something Kai did very well), although that's doubtful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor
plot was not the issue why destiny was "controversial"
Hmm...I ain't go buy them peanuts...

Quote:
everyone likes blitz XD...just too bad that Blitz cannot fly in earth...the invisible technology kind of become useless in earth (imagine the blitz becomes invisible while other can still see the "unmanned" hover craft)
Imagine how many BLITZ models could be made from it using invisibility on Earth?^^ You'd have everything from mountain-camo to aqua-flow version kits based on just where it would stand...

But in all seriousness, BLITZ could have been the boss suit, that's how much respect i give the designers on that one...That $hit just looks so cool, with so many trinkets to play with, add it's overall sleekness of design, and I wish Rau could have piloted it...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2011-12-26 at 18:50.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 18:50   Link #2574
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

I finally got to watch the remaster.. As expected I didn't see anything new at all. They are just going to sell he same Seed dvd's is a new case. Classless act by Bandai. And the sad part is that it will probably outsell AGE.

It's obvious that Fukuda is working with a small budjet and to be honest it kind of pisses me off.. One of the things that Fukuda did really well is make tons of money for Bandai, give his a little more to work with you cheap bastards.

Anyway, it'm glad I watched it. Actually I almost forgot how good SEED is. This is a great first episode! It dose almost everything right, good introduction to the setting, the characters and most importantly a great introduction to the Gundam!

The last 5 minutes of this episode is incredibly well done.
A giant machine ominously coming to life, slowly standing up, surrounded by fire and explosions. Accurately captured in close/medium shots, well composed and seamlessly edited. All of this is supported by great mechanical sound fx and and all sorts of ambient noises while a perfectly timed piano/violin slowly builds up in the background... Textbook!! Future Gundam directers should take note here. This is how you introduce a fuc*ing Gundam!
Old 2011-12-26, 19:13   Link #2575
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
It's obvious that Fukuda is working with a small budjet and to be honest it kind of pisses me off.. One of the things that Fukuda did really well is make tons of money for Bandai, give his a little more to work with you cheap bastards.
Maybe their overall budget won't allow it. And if that's the case, it's understandable why Bandai/Sunrise would want to prioritize their newer shows, especially Gundam shows such as Unicorn and AGE.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 19:17   Link #2576
Golos

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
everyone was bitching about Seed because it had a lot of similarities to UC series...
Well, it was supposed to be the post-millenium reimagination of the original UC.
IMO, a decent introduction to the Gundam franchise, but to flawed to be really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Many/Some of Destiny's flaws were already present in (the second half of) SEED.
Golos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 19:21   Link #2577
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Many/Some of Destiny's flaws were already present in (the second half of) SEED.
Most of Which are present on the second half of SEED, kinda tells you who from the main cast who screwed it up. insert anti-lacus wall of text from Eidolon Sniper
Old 2011-12-27, 15:41   Link #2578
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Maybe their overall budget won't allow it. And if that's the case, it's understandable why Bandai/Sunrise would want to prioritize their newer shows, especially Gundam shows such as Unicorn and AGE.
If the budget was insufficient then they shouldn't have commissioned this project. I just think that their most successful show since the original Gundam deserves better treatment than this.
Old 2011-12-27, 16:51   Link #2579
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
If the budget was insufficient then they shouldn't have commissioned this project. I just think that their most successful show since the original Gundam deserves better treatment than this.
Seed had a huge budget, most of the money went on VA's and licenses for music though, barely anything went to the actual animation.

Hence the hideous quality even for it's time
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 21:07   Link #2580
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Seed had a huge budget, most of the money went on VA's and licenses for music though, barely anything went to the actual animation.

Hence the hideous quality even for it's time
hideous? the quality was amazing for its time. the fight scenes were one of the best I've seen

i think you're talking about the reused scenes...
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep