AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-11-07, 08:13   Link #6441
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
Why hello animesuki its been a LONG while.

anyhoo, I've just recently moved to a new apartment, where I use my landlords wifi. He kept randomly unplugging the router, and when I finally asked him why, he said that by leaving it on consumes data even if no one is using the internet ( we have a limited amount of data usage), like it leaks if just left on. That sounded pretty stupid, so I tried searching for something about it, and couldn't find anything, so I thought I'd ask the good folk of Asuki to give me their 10 cents.
If it happens, it's in the kilobytes, and most plans are in the gigabytes. Sounds like nonsense to me. He's likely thinking of how transformers left plugged in "leech" power.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 09:28   Link #6442
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Does anyone notice that the music of Stardust Melodia is quite similar to Honoo no Tobira? I don't mean the lyrics but the music.
You are not the only one...it's been quite a shitstorm on 2ch...
Old 2012-11-07, 23:01   Link #6443
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You are not the only one...it's been quite a shitstorm on 2ch...
Stardust Melodia from Ceui??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 08:51   Link #6444
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Stardust Melodia from Ceui??
That's right. Doesn't make any difference to me though since I'm a fan of both Fiction Junction and Ceui
Old 2012-11-08, 11:54   Link #6445
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

IMO, they have some similarities at the start, but still are 2 different songs for me
Old 2012-11-09, 10:21   Link #6446
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

How do you use IRC ?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 12:44   Link #6447
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
How do you use IRC ?
Here you go: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/47221

It's very straight forward to get started. In general terms, just think of it like downloading a "chat client" (mIRC) and then "picking the server, and then specific chat channel" .. after that, explore all the nuances and functionality that exists! I did log onto the #animesuki channel a while back but didn't see much activity there so haven't been there since..

Without a doubt
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 13:00   Link #6448
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If you're not used to command line syntax, it can be a bit daunting, but the modern IRC clients have gotten fairly "buttonized" (though I usually have to go in and tweak the arcane options so that AVI/MKV/etc files are approved for XDCC transfers).

Oh, and learn to totally ignore most of the conversations in various channels -- they're full of scum, villainy, and require brain bleach.
Old 2012-11-11, 04:57   Link #6449
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

Let's say that a voice actor/actress cannot perform his/her job for a long period of time but not so long that a permanent replacement is needed. Assuming that the company cannot delay production anymore, do they get a temporary replacement and have a part where the voice is different before changing back to the usual one or do they have other methods?
Characters are from Madoka Magica, Symphogear and Sakura Trick.
Please see the uncompressed version on the right.
Click this for my gif request thread.Max quality version
I take gif requests here.
Please read the opening post (revised as of 22/8/2014).
Auxilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 15:06   Link #6450
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhalo191 View Post
Let's say that a voice actor/actress cannot perform his/her job for a long period of time but not so long that a permanent replacement is needed. Assuming that the company cannot delay production anymore, do they get a temporary replacement and have a part where the voice is different before changing back to the usual one or do they have other methods?
My guess is that they'd find someone who can mimic the voice. If you're in Voice acting you're usually skilled at manipulating your voice, and they should be able to find someone who can do it reasonably.
Old 2012-11-12, 05:25   Link #6451
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

Ok then, what do they do to ensure that they can find a replacement on time? They'll have to do a lot of testing to make sure it matches adequately, right?
Characters are from Madoka Magica, Symphogear and Sakura Trick.
Please see the uncompressed version on the right.
Click this for my gif request thread.Max quality version
I take gif requests here.
Please read the opening post (revised as of 22/8/2014).
Auxilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 07:45   Link #6452
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Recently Google changed the way they do things with YouTube and what not.. basically forcing Google+ on everyone I think... TBH I'm really not sure...

I found this out tonight when I posted on a reply to a video on YouTube and it went and used my real name and not the display name I've been using for the last.. um.. 13 years? Not happy was I. I went to my profile and changed it to some bastardised version of the user name I had (the profile requires a first and last name), but I really just want to get back my old single display name and leave that facebook ripoff profile stuff alone.

Only thing I found was 'delete Google+' account and that would delete everything which I really don't want, too may old favorites and stuff. I just want my alias' back and to be able to post without showing my name to the world. I see others still have their old names... so.. yeah, how do I get mine back.

(NB. 1) No i don't troll, I'm far to lazy to do that. 2) I have no recollection ever signing up for this, google+ or gmail or whatever it is called.)

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2012-11-12 at 07:57.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 07:50   Link #6453
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ At some point Youtube asked you if you wanted to use your G+ name as your youtube name.

From the looks of things you said yes since I just looked at mine and it was set to 'no'.
Old 2012-11-12, 07:58   Link #6454
Mr Hat and Clogs

I do not remember that, anyway to reverse it because it has greatly annoyed me.
Old 2012-11-12, 08:01   Link #6455
HasuMasu
*Artist

Go to 'Account' --> 'Advanced' and then there you will see the option for changing the use of your name.
Old 2012-11-12, 08:08   Link #6456
Mr Hat and Clogs

edit: nvm found it in the YouTube settings not the Google account settings where i was originally looking.

Thanks for the help.
Old 2012-11-12, 17:06   Link #6457
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I believe this is Google's attempt to bring some level of politeness to Youtube. Will it work? Doubt it...
Old 2012-11-12, 22:09   Link #6458
Mr Hat and Clogs

I'd say its more there attempt to cash in on the social networking scene and integrate all their services into something like Facebook. Improved community interaction would just be a bonus.
Old 2012-11-12, 23:25   Link #6459
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I believe this is Google's attempt to bring some level of politeness to Youtube. Will it work? Doubt it...
The internet is a brutally honest place; there isn't much left for politeness. Those who can't take it should just stay off the internet, go out and take a walk.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 00:41   Link #6460
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The internet is a brutally honest place; there isn't much left for politeness. Those who can't take it should just stay off the internet, go out and take a walk.
The internet is the place to hide the truth...I mean the fake truth and the "real" truth....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious