Samurai Champloo
Inuyasha
Shounen Onmyouji - still watching in progress
Samurai Deeper Kyo - still watching in progress
Saiunkoku Monogatari - still watching in progress
that is all I can think of
NO OLD ANIME AT LEAST 1999 AND UP
and can be of any genre including shounen ai

Last edited by ShounenOnmyoujiiscoo; 2007-05-03 at 21:43.
Old 2007-04-22, 18:08   Link #2
jedinat

Juuni Kokuki - must watch
Mushishi - must watch
Seirei no Moribito - just started airing and looks great (my pick out of the 20 or so anime I've seen of the new season)
Shura no Toki
Old 2007-04-22, 19:22   Link #3
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto

You should check out this show its ongoing . It deals with the period in and around Meiji restoration . Its a nice historical/samurai anime

- AS

- Wiki

- DWNLD
Old 2007-04-23, 08:14   Link #4
miaka

Claymore - new series
Emma - if you won't mind romance/ second act currently ongoing
Gintama - comedy/action/shounen
harukanaru toki no naka de - action in reverse harem style
Chevalier - action

Last edited by miaka; 2007-04-23 at 08:25.
Old 2007-04-23, 18:48   Link #5
ShounenOnmyoujiiscoo
ShounenOnmyouji22

thanks for the suggestions
I will try Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto
and Chevalier
Old 2007-04-23, 19:55   Link #6
andromeda0201

Shura no Toki
Basilisk
Ayakashi Japanese Horror Stories
Peacemaker Kurogane
Old 2007-04-24, 02:29   Link #7
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShounenOnmyoujiiscoo View Post
thanks for the suggestions. I will try Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto and Chevalier
While you are at it, why don’t you give Claymore a try I am pretty sure you won’t be disappointed. It’s got a LOR feel to it and is embedded in mythos

* AS Forums

* ANN

* DWNLD
Old 2007-04-26, 01:11   Link #8
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

The Rose of Versailles - quite old, but really interesting series about the time of French Revolution.
Old 2007-04-26, 10:53   Link #9
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Seirei no Moribito - just started airing and looks great (my pick out of the 20 or so anime I've seen of the new season)
I second the vote for this one. It's one of the true gems of this season, and the fight in the 3rd episode should set the standard for how fight sequences SHOULD be done... The landscapes for this one are breathtaking as well.

There's also another series that I'd love to recommend... if I could only remember it's name!!!! ARGH!!!! I hate when that happens. It's about a series of individuals (each the descendant of the previous charactor) throughout the Edo era, and ends at start of the Meiji era. The charactor is a Martial Artist with some ultimate unarmed combat form, who's name I can't remember (since it's the major part of the anime's name as well). It goes through several actual historical events with this series of charactors. The Black Ships, the Shinsengumi, and several actual historical figures are involved. It was very heartwarming yet sad, and I HATE that I can't remember what it was called...
Old 2007-04-26, 13:33   Link #10
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
There's also another series that I'd love to recommend... if I could only remember it's name!!!! ARGH!!!! I hate when that happens. It's about a series of individuals (each the descendant of the previous charactor) throughout the Edo era, and ends at start of the Meiji era. The charactor is a Martial Artist with some ultimate unarmed combat form, who's name I can't remember (since it's the major part of the anime's name as well). It goes through several actual historical events with this series of charactors. The Black Ships, the Shinsengumi, and several actual historical figures are involved. It was very heartwarming yet sad, and I HATE that I can't remember what it was called...
Shura no Toki
Old 2007-04-26, 13:38   Link #11
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

YES!!!!! THAT'S IT!!!! THEY'RE CALLED "MUTSU"!!!!

I didn't click on all the links, as you can tell. Thank you! This one gets three thumbs up! It's good!
Old 2007-04-27, 21:17   Link #12
ShounenOnmyoujiiscoo
ShounenOnmyouji22

The Rose of Versailles is way way way too old and as you can tell my list of what I have watched is not they are all at least from the year 1999 up So please no more old anime
and I'll try Shura no Toki
Old 2007-04-28, 00:32   Link #13
Frans

Zipang is somewhat historical, with the setting around world war 2.
Old 2007-05-01, 00:41   Link #14
Gomenasai
The Poster-guy

Chrno Crusade and Le Chevalier are both AMAZING and i emphasize AMAZING, series. I wont get too far into detail but Chrno crusdae takes place in the early - late 20's and ties in "sisters"/"devils" and the phrophacy that leads into what we know as WWII. but thats not really a spoiler... "how it leads up to it is what its all about." Next is Le Chevalier, This takes place in Historical france with what was then called the modern knight. this is in the time of the mid 1700's and actually uses historically documented people to make a very epic anime. there is quite a few politics and "loyalty to the king" type situations sort of like the 3 musketeers. overall they are both must see's.
Old 2007-05-01, 06:13   Link #15
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShounenOnmyoujiiscoo View Post
The Rose of Versailles is way way way too old and as you can tell my list of what I have watched is not they are all at least from the year 1999 up So please no more old anime
You didn't say anything about the year of release. Describe your preferences in more details next time.
Old 2007-05-01, 06:50   Link #16
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Akayashi Ayashi ? Edo period, same as Iroha. Excellent in my opinion.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-12-27, 16:13   Link #17
gwendal738

8D I has more

You said you didn't mind Shonen-ai, right? Well, Mirage of Blaze is a really REALLY good historical anime. It's set in modern times, but basically the characters are not necessarily reincarnations, but spirit vessels of the men from the Edo period(?) I think. You'll understand it more it you watch it, but it's really REALLY good. And on top of that, the art is decent as well The OVA has much better, modern art though.

Another one that's set in feudal/Tokugawa Japan is Fuyu no Semi (English title Winter Cicada). It's a really good one too, considering you don't mind yaoi.

And as everyone else has pointed out, Le Chevalier D'Eon and Chrno Crusade are good ones too.

You might also want to try Meine Liebe, it's still historical, but it's set in a fictional country in Europe. I haven't watched the whole series yet myself, but I will get to that. xD

Hmmm, lemme see... *searches through historical anime*

And PFFFT the most excellent one: HETALIA AXIS POWERS. This anime is, literally, history. It's characters are basically anthropomorphic versions of the different countries in the world, and it explores history in a funny, comic way, and it covers all the countries too. And the great thing? It's 5 minutes per episode. xD You can watch it anywhere on the internet, most preferably on watchanimeon or animecrazy.

Hmmm, I think you would consider Nabari no Ou historical as well? Although that one is revolved on ninjas from the past operating in modern times. Take a look at it and see if it's historical enough for you. xD

Errr, that's all I've got for now. xD I'm searching for historical anime myself, and if I find any more, I shall let you know <3

Ja na.

-gw-
Old 2009-12-27, 19:27   Link #18
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Way to bump a two year old thread but i'l recommend Shigurui as well.
Closed Thread