AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2007-02-21, 13:22   Link #181
arias

Does anyone know what the released sub will have as its title? Has subs been released already?

I've not touched anime in months, but this is something worth watching.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 14:17   Link #182
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

One of the probable groups to fansub this had this to say a couple of days ago:

"While the shitty streaming video raw for 5cm is out, we will not be releasing a subbed version until we get a decent source. I will say that it is totally awesome, and it is so pretty that I am now legally blind."

I ditto on the 'legally blind' part....
Old 2007-02-21, 16:27   Link #183
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

There's a fairly literal sub out already, by a group called "Bikasuishin," with the title: "Byousoku 5cm - Oukashou."

EDIT: Many thanks to the subber! I don't mind the video quality at all. Better will come later. What I've seen of the sub looks pretty accurate to me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-02-21 at 19:21.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 18:09   Link #184
Aurelia aurita
???

Yes, the guy who did the translation that I gave earlier released the English sub. I went and timed his translation by myself, but then I couldn't figure out how to put the two together.

Still, for a stream and being kind of small, the art is so, so pretty. I can't wait to see it in all its full screen HD glory. How long do you will it take to get licensed in R1?
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 18:26   Link #185
xcxcxcc

i just saw this thing like 5 seconds ago and it was just beatiful shinkai amazes me again i couldnt even understand what they were saying but with the liitle i did and visual aid i think o got a general grasp of the story but i didnt care that much about what they were sayin i was just to amazed by the beauty of all the imagery the animation is just beatiful every second

the story is so simple and short about two friends that are separated by distance and time and one day decide to reunite but the way shikani presents the movie with all the animaniton imagery backgrounds and what not this movie is just great and i actually ALMOST started to cry when the two of them saw each other in the subway station(is it okay for a 15 year old male to ALMOST cry over something like this).

i can't wait for the entire three episodes nad the subs cause i only understood like 0.05% of what they said

anyways is the next episode abaout takkakki(spelled it wrong) and the other girl(i dunno her name) cause the preview had like different chracters??????
xcxcxcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 18:52   Link #186
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

As a 49 year old father of two male teens, I'd be a bit worried about you if you didn't find the situation emotional and respond to it.

The series consists of three separate short stories -- I'm still not quite clear on the connections between them, if any.
Old 2007-02-22, 01:34   Link #187
arias

Excellent. Thanks for the update regarding the sub situation.

It's just so strange that it's not properly indexed.. plus it's hard to know what title the sub will be released under. This will be the first anime I'll watch in months.. and what better than a Shinkai work.
Old 2007-02-22, 01:45   Link #188
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The series consists of three separate short stories -- I'm still not quite clear on the connections between them, if any.
Spoiler:

Last edited by runpsicat; 2007-02-22 at 01:46. Reason: Realized I may be spoiling some plot points for the first episode.
runpsicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 02:21   Link #189
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcxcxcc View Post
actually ALMOST started to cry when the two of them saw each other in the subway station(is it okay for a 15 year old male to ALMOST cry over something like this).
The moment you watched this has already made you a winner over all the other 15-year-olds who are more busy watching Naruto and whatnots. ^^;

The train station scene was quite powerful for me as well, there were no words, no dialogue, yet it really loosened those tear ducts... (´・ω・`)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Spoiler:

...Something like that, I guess?

Edit: runpsicat beat me to it, ah well. ^^;

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2007-02-22 at 02:33.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 03:41   Link #190
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Too bad we won't learn anything new about the surfer dudette for some months now, until the DVD comes out.

I rather doubt that Yahoo! will do another such internet broadcast (which was, by the way, a brilliant way to induce people to want to watch it in the cinemas). 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 06:38   Link #191
herbert

I just watched Episode 1 of 5 Centimeter per Second. I still cannt understand how could I miss such a god-like show in the first place. Now, I am not going to say too much about the animation quality and how touching the story is since good words are already repeated thousands times and my poor English is too far from enough to express my feelings. I am waiting for the next two eps. Hope they will be as good as the 1st ep in both animation quality and plots.
Old 2007-02-22, 12:21   Link #192
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Having watched the streaming file, I have to say Makoto Shinkai's animation backgrounds are lush and gorgeous. But, for the first time the girl seemed a little stronger than the guy in his plot. Still way too emotional for me though...

And is it just me, or is the same guy going to be featured in all three episodes?

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 15:44   Link #193
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
There's a fairly literal sub out already, by a group called "Bikasuishin," with the title: "Byousoku 5cm - Oukashou."
EDIT: Many thanks to the subber! I don't mind the video quality at all. Better will come later. What I've seen of the sub looks pretty accurate to me.
He also made an .SSA file available on his site which can be used with the raw, I've been using that so haven't looked at the mkv release he put out on the torrents, however since the mkv fansub is only 2/3 the size of the original wmv file I assume he recoded it so softsubbing the original raw may give better quality. The SSA file has been updated so should be the same as used in his torrented release.

Does anyone know when part 2 comes out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maceart
But, for the first time the girl seemed a little stronger than the guy in his plot.
I thought the girl was the stronger one in Hoshi no Koe too, after all she undertakes a huge mission whilst the bloke just stays at home and mopes.
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 16:44   Link #194
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
Does anyone know when part 2 comes out?
The release of Part 1 on streaming video for a few days was a marketing move for the movie which will be in Japanese theatres on 3 March 2007. The whole movie will only be available on DVD/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD later. That's when you'll get to watch Parts 2 and 3 after the fansubbing groups getting a copy of the movie.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 20:41   Link #195
arias

Any word about the OST, peeps? I want that damn piano song.

It's emotional, and maybe I'm slightly detached from it because Shinkai seems to be headed to melodrama. My qualm is the sometimes jarring pace where it skips from one scene to the next and next and next so quickly. Here's to March 2007, though.. and meanwhile I recede again.

Anyone with information on the OST please reply though.
Old 2007-02-24, 11:39   Link #196
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

For people not very good with metric units, I would just like to note that 5cm/second = 0.1mph.

However the Japanese are rumoured to be developing a much more efficient variety of cherry tree whose blossom petals have negligible air resistance and in consequence hit the ground at speeds of up to 10metres/sec (20mph). There’s progress for you! In future the cherry blossom wave will be more of a thud.
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 18:47   Link #197
vuori
The red fish is wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
The release of Part 1 on streaming video for a few days was a marketing move for the movie which will be in Japanese theatres on 3 March 2007. The whole movie will only be available on DVD/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD later. That's when you'll get to watch Parts 2 and 3 after the fansubbing groups getting a copy of the movie.
The official site has a "special feature appearance period" listed as 2006/7/10-2007/6/30, any idea what that means? Would the last date be the end of the theater run (supposedly soon followed by the DVD)?

Regarding the earlier discussion about "real" movies that use cinematography turn the ordinary into extraordinary, I'd recommend checking out Andrei Tarkovski's The Mirror and Chris Marker's Sans Soleil.
vuori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 18:55   Link #198
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuori View Post
The official site has a "special feature appearance period" listed as 2006/7/10-2007/6/30, any idea what that means? Would the last date be the end of the theater run (supposedly soon followed by the DVD)?
No, that just states how long Yahoo! Japan will host special content pertaining to 5cm/s.
Old 2007-02-24, 22:36   Link #199
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Wow, that kicked my ass and left me for dead by the side of the road.

There's been so much linguistic blood spilled over the visual brilliance of this piece that I won't even bother adding my meager praise to the pile - suffice to say, it was stunning. But here's a kudo for the storytelling. I have a real love for the pure, uncomplicated and simply moving story of everyday life, and this fit the bill. Really, at no time in life is love so pure as it is when we're this age - the story was a simple drama played out on this simple palette, with the visual plays of light and shadow soaring in the background. If you want to know why people love animation as art, you need look no further.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 04:02   Link #200
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

The popular Japanese movie review site 超映画批評 has given 5 centimeters per second an 85/100, quite an impressive score by the site's standard.

It seems like the movie's portrayal of a man's straight yet complicated feeling of affection towards his first love hit a good note with Maeda-san, who loved the human drama of the movie, on top of the beautiful artworks.

One interesting line,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeda-san
短編とはいえこの60分間は、凡百のアニメ作品の何本分にも匹敵するほどの価値があろう。とくに、第三話タ イトルバックからの数分間は、ゾクゾクするほどの感動を得ることができる。
"Although it's a short story, the 60 minutes it lasted probably carried enough value to rival many pieces of your everyday anime creations. In particular, the few minutes past episode 3's title display can move you to a point of giving you shudders."

Bloody teaser...
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coming of age, drama, romance, shinkai