AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2014-05-01, 08:59   Link #5981
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I think the animation is great. I don't really understand what some people mean when it doesn't look as good, though there was that one scene with Juvia's eyelashes and her hair. But Juvia looks especially good with the new animations. I am actually really liking the new animation.
Don't confuse animation with art style~ The animation for this episode was indeed poor, with plenty still frames (which even half-killed Gray's finisher attack, which was based on speed). I can live with the first half of the fight being moderate, but the rest could have been handled better. Rufus' ice soldiers were ridiculous, the rest of his spells were good but probably too strong to excuse Gray's endurance after being hit by every single one of them.
Quote:
I think that was really the animators fault since Ice Make: Unlimited should have been larger/taller/ and thus harder to memorize...
They could have used a small sword spiral and loop it over at high speed, even that would have been better than stationary swords every 2 seconds. Oh well.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 22:41   Link #5982
ellessarr
Banned

episode 180 or 2014 05

Spoiler:
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 23:02   Link #5983
ginger02

I'm enjoying these fights with the knights a lot already. It seems like they're adding bits and pieces here, though I forget what. Wendy and Natsu show a lot of good teamwork in this episode. And the standing by the sidelines by others makes more sense in this one than we see in other fights, kinda.

Why don't they just leave the gang in the dungeon to starve and die? Are they worried about them escaping, and so they send the Executioners down to eliminate them?

Edit: seems like most of the episode is original material. They did it quite nicely too overall.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 23:25   Link #5984
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
I'm enjoying these fights with the knights a lot already. It seems like they're adding bits and pieces here, though I forget what. Wendy and Natsu show a lot of good teamwork in this episode. And the standing by the sidelines by others makes more sense in this one than we see in other fights, kinda.

Why don't they just leave the gang in the dungeon to starve and die? Are they worried about them escaping, and so they send the Executioners down to eliminate them?

Edit: seems like most of the episode is original material. They did it quite nicely too overall.
yeah looks like their are "slow" down the pace of the anime with manga, their used only one chapter and increased the first round of the fight, really their are doing smart moves here, if their keep the same pace, of some episodes use 2 chapters and others using one then ca give the anime team more than enough time to not too soon catch the manga.
i dont care the fillers along their are enjoyable like that.

lol the so clichê lucy falling with her butt in natsu face was funny this season their are really focus on natsu and lucy(the scould mashima give a few time ago to the anime director really worked).
Old 2014-05-02, 23:40   Link #5985
Krono

Quote:
Likely that.

1) They're wizards, who aren't as likely to be as helpless to escape as non-wizards.
2) They have friends on the outside who might move to help them.
3) Sting, by himself, blew through the floor of the arena. Natsu handily overpowered Sting. Him simply blasting his way out is both entirely plausible, and likely to cause immense loss of life if he does so, even though he'd risk bringing the ceiling down on them all in the attempt.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 08:28   Link #5986
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
yeah looks like their are "slow" down the pace of the anime with manga, their used only one chapter and increased the first round of the fight, really their are doing smart moves here, if their keep the same pace, of some episodes use 2 chapters and others using one then ca give the anime team more than enough time to not too soon catch the manga.
i dont care the fillers along their are enjoyable like that.

lol the so clichê lucy falling with her butt in natsu face was funny this season their are really focus on natsu and lucy(the scould mashima give a few time ago to the anime director really worked).
Their slowing the pace because really one of the massive bores of the grand magic games arc was the lack of on screen fighting besides the tournament the fight with erza and the 100 monsters was poorly done. Besides its good to see the chemistry between natsu and wendy (wendy practically idolizes natsu anyway and they need something positive for her)

They're pretty much making Natsu Lucy the only pairing that matters in this current arc since its featured in the opening and closing. Amusingly there is also heavy argument for a yukino/Natsu pairing with this episode.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 10:18   Link #5987
ookamigirl

It's nice to see Fairy Tail in 1st place.
Lamia Scale is pretty close tough.
Sting unintentionally become the Master.
But his situation was not that simple.
When you crush one evil, another immediately takes its place.
Good old fashioned blackmail is omnipresent.
Well, at least Sting got the motivation needed to get serious.
Natsu & Co. are still dealing with their own problems.
It doesn't look like that will get solved anytime soon.
Things got actually worse for them too..
Well, at least there are some interesting fights ahead.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 11:16   Link #5988
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Sabertooths master should be dead, why is he alive in the anime?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 11:21   Link #5989
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
No Jiemma is still alive and kicking. He just left Sabertooth and is currently missing.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 11:34   Link #5990
MCAL

They only adapted about 1 and a half chapters this episode.

The slow pacing at the moment is quite good though, seeing as how this part of the arc had some pretty big pacing issues.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 14:04   Link #5991
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Likely that.

1) They're wizards, who aren't as likely to be as helpless to escape as non-wizards.
2) They have friends on the outside who might move to help them.
3) Sting, by himself, blew through the floor of the arena. Natsu handily overpowered Sting. Him simply blasting his way out is both entirely plausible, and likely to cause immense loss of life if he does so, even though he'd risk bringing the ceiling down on them all in the attempt.
That'd make sense. It's like throwing someone in a pit and having beasts tear him apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post

The slow pacing at the moment is quite good though, seeing as how this part of the arc had some pretty big pacing issues.

In the manga? I think I vaguely remember too. The fight against the knights was pretty short (and disappointing) if I recall. This is already a better interpretation of the fight for me.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 15:30   Link #5992
MCAL

Quote:
In the manga? I think I vaguely remember too. The fight against the knights was pretty short (and disappointing) if I recall. This is already a better interpretation of the fight for me.
Yeah. Though I'm referring to most of the rest of this arc too.
Old 2014-05-03, 22:21   Link #5993
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
He was alive for the same scene in the manga, when Minerva ousts him.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 00:26   Link #5994
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post

tep if their keep up with this pace then we dont gonna get any trouble of another pause too soon, since anime at this moment is at half of chapter 308 started on chapter 300 8 chapters and half for 5 episodes is a good pace, and we gonna enter in the big ones episdes with lot of fights and extra action this gonna make this arc pretty long enough to give mashima to throw some "extra chapters" later, manga at this point is on chapter 382 this give 74 chapters plus 5 extra possible special chapters for fillers episodes between each arc(fairy punishment, sabbertooth, 413 days, erza an natsu &asuka).

i was thinking if their goes even more smart we still have some "no used speciall chapters" which can be used to make fillers episodes; still have the fairy fountain, mira sensei transformation, lucy section photos, Whose Clothes are These plus the 5 after the time skip, we have a good amount of special chapters who could be used for fillers or ovas.
Old 2014-05-07, 00:35   Link #5995
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I really like Kamika's design :3
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 13:31   Link #5996
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I really like Kamika's design :3
Same here /shy
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 22:06   Link #5997
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep6:
Old 2014-05-09, 22:27   Link #5998
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep6:
good episode, their are really slowdown te pace of the anime, their get the second half of the previous chapter with the first half of this chapter and filled with lot of original content, was good.

about minerva, at last if i'm not wrong in minerva case we see who she "magically locked her keys" we can see her keys inside a magic balbble and then "moving" like trying to act by themselfs, minerva used her area control magic to make impossible to even the spirits come by themselfs, but in others case i agree about mashima being lazy or too much harsh with lucy aways making the things never works for her most of the times.
Old 2014-05-09, 23:12   Link #5999
MCAL

They adapted about one chapter worth of pages (And judging by the the leaked episode titles, they'll be doing that for the next few episodes, though I expect them to pick up the pace soon).

They're definitely trying to make the Executioners look like a more credible threat then in the manga, so that's all good. And that little scene with Minerva was a good touch.

Also, I wonder whose Fairy Tail had the bigger mess to clean up: First Master's or Third's?
Old 2014-05-10, 09:15   Link #6000
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Is it just me or is the fight with the executioners far longer than it should be? IIRC these guys were chumps that lost in like 2 seconds.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen