Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-11, 12:27   Link #881
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
By the way, with all this bashing of the OP going on... is there a full version of the TV size yet? Or is everyone basing 1:30 of an OP off of 8 seconds from a CV?
Yeah, they do.
Although its sounds like good fit for flashy opening sequence to me.
Old 2011-09-11, 12:29   Link #882
Auria

Quote:
By the way, with all this bashing of the OP going on... is there a full version of the TV size yet? Or is everyone basing 1:30 of an OP off of 8 seconds from a CV?
Yes. It's a bit like reading the first page of a book and bashing its whole existence afterwards.

For now we have to wait and see especially how LisAs song goes with the opening visuals - imo, that can change the feeling you get from a certain song dramatically. I hope some of Angel Beats! fans get interest in Fate/Zero when they see that LisA is singing the opening, so even if we find the song to be not very fitting in the end, it still has its advantages.

/edit: Oh new page, y u no stop confusing me.

Last edited by Auria; 2011-09-11 at 12:30. Reason: ninja'd by my stupidity
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 15:11   Link #883
Sniesk
It's Hammertime!

Is there a subbed version of the second preview?
Sniesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 18:21   Link #884
maximilianjenus
[E]

I am more interested in the air date of the first episode, assuming it will pre-air like working!! did.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 18:23   Link #885
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

There has been no pre-airing announced, so the episode will air at its normal scheduled date of October 1st.
Old 2011-09-13, 03:23   Link #886
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
It's A-S man, that's how we roll! I mean you can't judge an entire song by 8 seconds?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 10:54   Link #887
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's A-S man, that's how we roll!
more like "it's the internet"

Those 8 seconds sound like the chorus part where the OP will be quite actiony in imagery,I'm sure there'll be a slower part to it as well.
Old 2011-09-13, 10:57   Link #888
Yuna Amakura

You guys may want to use "A S excuse", "judge a book by its first page" and so on, but the fact is that those 8 seconds have basically set the mood of the whole song. It is not like the quality of the sound was bad so we couldn't make it out, or anything like that. And okay, we haven't listened to the whole TV-size, but do you really believe it will be that different from what we got to listen? If it is, it probably means the song is a mess, since one part doesn't blend well with the other. I don't know if anyone here did this, but back when they were advertising Madoka they played 8 seconds of Magia in a CM. The case was completely different: it was nearly impossible to understand the chorus and thus it was very difficult to get an idea of what the song is about. Well, to each his own, but at least for me it is pretty obvious what kind of song this is and I personally find it bad, to say the least.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 12:49   Link #889
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna Amakura View Post
And okay, we haven't listened to the whole TV-size, but do you really believe it will be that different from what we got to listen? If it is, it probably means the song is a mess, since one part doesn't blend well with the other.
Wow. Seriously? You haven't even heard any of the other "parts" other than those 8 seconds, how would you know if they don't blend well?

And since when does a song have to be completely homogeneous to not be a mess anyway.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 13:18   Link #890
biodude711

Send a message via AIM to biodude711
I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon and base my opinion on the OP on an 8 second segment, that's just stupid.
I'll respectfully withhold my opinion on the OP until it is released in it's ENTIRETY.
biodude711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 15:47   Link #891
maximilianjenus
[E]

I watched loli sakura getting raped by worms in one of the trailers so I am going to assume this is some sick, disgusting hentai and will tell all other people so they avoid this series.

Last edited by maximilianjenus; 2011-09-13 at 15:47. Reason: typos
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 16:01   Link #892
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I think it may just have the opposite effect.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 16:02   Link #893
LostHanyou

Awful lot of denying these themes really do not sound as dark as presumed.

Not that I care, I still like Memoria.
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 16:07   Link #894
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHanyou View Post

Not that I care, I still like Memoria.
Ah I see, this is basically the ranting of "Bring me Kalafina dammit!"

Point noted. Should realize it LOL, and the excuse can't be more lame.
Old 2011-09-13, 16:21   Link #895
zero7

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
I watched loli sakura getting raped by worms in one of the trailers so I am going to assume this is some sick, disgusting hentai and will tell all other people so they avoid this series.
seeing what happened to Sakura, the person that send her there got what coming for them and all that just for making one future head of the family

Last edited by zero7; 2011-09-13 at 16:39.
zero7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 17:03   Link #896
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
People are more than entitled to making initial impressions on the song itself based on what they've heard in the PV, but I kind of prefer to make the final call on the opening version once I've seen the opening proper. A lot can change with just a little editing and good visuals to go with the song itself. I've heard songs that failed to leave much of an impression initially become far more enjoyable once I've seen the way they're intended to work with the opening visuals the same way I've seen decent songs made mediocre by poor matching to the material and lame visuals in the video.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 17:34   Link #897
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Oh, I definitely will say it sounds like a very good song. I'm sure when it's matched with a fully animated OP, it will make more sense. It just sounds a bit more upbeat than what I was expecting, is all. It's not a bad thing by any means, in fact I'll probably want it on my iPod as soon as I hear it.
Old 2011-09-16, 07:58   Link #898
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I can't help picturing Yui singing the OP at some convention while the anime plays overhead

Quote:
Umm.....So?

Kalafina's music in KnK isn't dark and all yet I don't see anyone complaining. Just because it isn't Kaijiura and her band is it?
Old 2011-09-16, 21:26   Link #899
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Oh, I definitely will say it sounds like a very good song. I'm sure when it's matched with a fully animated OP, it will make more sense. It just sounds a bit more upbeat than what I was expecting, is all. It's not a bad thing by any means, in fact I'll probably want it on my iPod as soon as I hear it.
"Upbeat"? Are we talking about the song that popped halfway through the second PV? I mean, it's not exactly dark or despairing but "upbeat"? I can't sense any confidence, happiness or just general positivism from it!

RB, you need to grow flowers or something uplifting; water down that angst inside you a little. Right now there's just too much of it in you and I think anything less than uber-dark stories would count as "upbeat"
Old 2011-09-16, 21:59   Link #900
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
RB, you need to grow flowers or something uplifting; water down that angst inside you a little. Right now there's just too much of it in you and I think anything less than uber-dark stories would count as "upbeat"
Well, it didn't sound sad....

Tags
fate/stay night, nasu, ufotable, urobuchi gen, visual novel adaptation