Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-03-02, 08:00   Link #141
Nonameguy12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder8 View Post
Hey hunter,good to see your still waving that spoon around.
Who's hunter.
Nonameguy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 08:38   Link #142
Yogi

Sasuke has been hyped as being stronger than Orochimaru for some time. Even when Naruto was tearing Orochimaru apart, Orochimaru was saying that Sasuke was stronger. Now it seems he wasn't just trying to provoke him.

Orochimaru not having control over the Curse Seal, and Sasuke's will not being eroded by it. Yay plothole.

I don't think Orochimaru is in big trouble though. If Orochimaru is in danger of dying, he wouldn't hesitate to run, or at least make a temporary retreat. He's not the type to fight battles he cannot win. Unless, of course, another plothole.
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 09:04   Link #143
xPresagio

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
Is everyone content with the "1000 ninjas show up for no good reason"?
That's true, but the reason of why it wasn't that criticized (at least from me), is because it didn't feel that bad, when compared to the way Asuma/Hidan/Kakuzu dead were handled. Really, we just have to accept the shortcomings of the author and hope that improves in future events.

Now, being fair, there weren't much options about the whole Sasuke betrayal. He needs to gain the power worth of almost a decade in only 3 years, to being able to rival his brother. So, story wise, he had to do it through "special" means, in other words, training from a kin jutsu master. And given his ultimate objective, he has to be alone when facing Itachi, so shaking any aid is necessary (again, story wise)

The problem is not that Sasuke is getting stronger. It's the way such process is being presented. There was no need to have Oro feeling pitiful when compared to the almighty Uchiha (from whom only very few managed to develop the Sharingan). Or having him suddenly behave all worried and in despair. Overhyping by diminishing the opponent can only gives unsatisfactory results.

I still hope that Oro will use the Cursed Seal to try stopping Sasuke. But also fear that it turns out into something like "Oh, the Cursed Seal? It has not effect because.. you know... my Uchiha blood is even more cursed!" or something cheesy like that.

Oro dying here? hard to believe. Defeated? no problem, specially if we get something in exchange, like learning more about Kabuto. (Side note: full picture of CS2 Sasuke was recently posted. And boy, his appearance screams everything but coolnes or "badassery")

The thing is, that to make a villain regain credibility after being humiliated requires serious writing skills. And 2nd part hasn't exactly been Kishi's finest hours..
xPresagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 09:19   Link #144
sstuartm

Chapter 344 Preview

If anyone wants a nice preview of chapter 344, I've posted a cleaned version of one of the pages of the chapters here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcwqBwDafKg on youtube. Looks like its gonna be a real good chapter.
-SSM
sstuartm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 11:02   Link #145
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi
I don't think Orochimaru is in big trouble though. If Orochimaru is in danger of dying, he wouldn't hesitate to run, or at least make a temporary retreat. He's not the type to fight battles he cannot win. Unless, of course, another plothole.
I think Oro might be in a do-or-die situation here. He needs Sasuke's body or else he can't survive without quickly switching again. Even if he were to survive and switch to another body, his relevance to the story would be lost. He can't switch again for another 3 years and even then Sasuke would still be too strong for him. He'd be able to do littlemore storywise than sit around and wait to be killed by somebody else.

I totally agree with xPresagio's comment here. Making one character look strong by making another previously strong character look weak and pathetic is not the way to go. Still, Oro has not been defeated yet so we should perhaps wait before we start booing Kishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPresagio View Post

Oro dying here? hard to believe. Defeated? no problem, specially if we get something in exchange, like learning more about Kabuto. (Side note: full picture of CS2 Sasuke was recently posted. And boy, his appearance screams everything but coolnes or "badassery")
Here's that peek at Sasuke CS2 form.

Spoiler for Sasuke Cursed Seal lvl2:

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2007-03-02 at 11:14.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 11:08   Link #146
Sasuke_Bateman
No

it's not too bad...he looks kinda cool standing there with the whole lot of blood in the background i mean it could be worst... i don't get the point of those wings/ hand thingy...it would be better if they were acutally wings with feathers....ahh STANDING LIKE THAT WITH A SWORD IS BAD ASS!
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 11:08   Link #147
A.N.B.U

im hoping that in this chapter or the ones after it we may get to see wat kabuto really is since he is fed up with sasuke, or is pretending to be. p.s sasuke looks like the lead from the 80's poison or maybe twisted sister ( who is evenprobly more badd ass looking than him haha)
A.N.B.U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 11:29   Link #148
Tone

Sasuke looks fat
Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 11:37   Link #149
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone View Post
Sasuke looks fat
He doesn't look fat at all...this isn't DBZ where even the 8 year olds muscle are fucking huge! the guy is 15! He's growing i see no fat at all. Maybe you're looking at the wings/ hands thing.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 11:41   Link #150
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone View Post
Sasuke looks fat
-Guess we now know why he has to keep his shirt loose then huh ?
Old 2007-03-02, 11:47   Link #151
Trigah

Sasuke does look fat in that shot. Thats why it made me laugh. I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees it. Hahaha
Trigah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 12:19   Link #152
xPresagio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Guess we now know why he has to keep his shirt loose then huh ?
Well, power DOES come at a price.

Wonder what would Sakura and Ino say if they see this.

Spoiler:

Last edited by xPresagio; 2007-03-02 at 13:29.
xPresagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 12:28   Link #153
Negs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post

Here's that peek at Sasuke CS2 form.

Since I want to claw out my eyes from waiting for this damn chapter to release, I'll just go ahead and share what CS-2 boy is saying in this spoiler pic:

From this point on, I will fly sky high...

FLY FATASS FLY!
Negs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 12:35   Link #154
Yogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I think Oro might be in a do-or-die situation here. He needs Sasuke's body or else he can't survive without quickly switching again. Even if he were to survive and switch to another body, his relevance to the story would be lost. He can't switch again for another 3 years and even then Sasuke would still be too strong for him. He'd be able to do littlemore storywise than sit around and wait to be killed by somebody else.
Not really. Orochimaru has gotten his ass kicked before and has always found a way to come back for more. He ran away from Sarutobi when his experiments was first discovered, then came back with a way to defeat Sarutobi. His arms were sealed as a result, but he was a credible threat to Tsunade and Jiraiya. Even when he failed there, he ran away and managed to steal Sasuke. Orochimaru just has too many tricks up his sleeve to get stuck in a really bad situation for long. While the Sharingan is very useful, it's hardly essential for his plan, his original choice was Kimimaro after all. He's taking the long-term view here, and even if he can't speed-learn the jutsus with the Sharingan, he still has all of eternity to complete his goals, provided he stays alive.
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 13:29   Link #155
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonameguy12 View Post
Who's hunter.
It's the old man....
Old 2007-03-02, 13:31   Link #156
Q_Falconer
Storm Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.N.B.U View Post
what may happen is sasuke weakens oro to a state where he cannot function, and then kabuto come in and rescues oro taking him somewhere safe maybe another base. in the end kabuto may end up giving or his body as another container until he regains the strength to fight sasuke properly since it seems kabuto has some hidden strength ( his eyes turning read in chuunin exams). the only back fall is that sasuke i think may obtain the MS by fighting oro because oro is like the final wall stopping sasuke from completing his revenge against itachi, and i dont know how oro will be able to handle an ms.
Well, if you think back to the huge river battle between sasuke and naruto, sasuke obtained the three-point sharingan in the middle of the fight. Perhaps sasuke'll obtain the MS during his fight with itachi. That'd certainly be kick-ass, no doubt.
Q_Falconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 13:33   Link #157
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi View Post
Not really. Orochimaru has gotten his ass kicked before and has always found a way to come back for more. He ran away from Sarutobi when his experiments was first discovered, then came back with a way to defeat Sarutobi. His arms were sealed as a result, but he was a credible threat to Tsunade and Jiraiya. Even when he failed there, he ran away and managed to steal Sasuke. Orochimaru just has too many tricks up his sleeve to get stuck in a really bad situation for long. While the Sharingan is very useful, it's hardly essential for his plan, his original choice was Kimimaro after all. He's taking the long-term view here, and even if he can't speed-learn the jutsus with the Sharingan, he still has all of eternity to complete his goals, provided he stays alive.
True, Sasuke's body isn't essential to Oro's long-terms plans. It just seems to me that there's not much you can do with Oro's character once the prospect of him possessing Sasuke's body is gone. I'm sure it'd be easy for him to flee or somehow survive this fight then quickly take the body of Kabuto or one of his many prisoners. But what then? He'd could go look for another strong host yet again, which would be stale (plus, he'd be stuck in his current body for another 3 years by which point the story will have likely been concluded). Or he could proceed to make a plan to attack Konoha again, this time with even less chance for success than when he did it in Part I since he no longer has an alliance with the Sand. But like you said, he might very well surive this fight and come up with a new scheme, it just seems like any scenario for Oro after this would just make him a thorn in the side and not a major threat anymore.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 13:43   Link #158
billbrown
Failing Silent Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negs View Post
I will fly sky high...[/I]
No lie... and you know this...
billbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 14:03   Link #159
Negs

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbrown View Post
No lie... and you know this...
Sasuke also says, "BALLIN'!!" to close the chapter...
Negs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 14:12   Link #160
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder8 View Post
Hey hunter,good to see your still waving that spoon around.
The spoon is kind of sheathed for the moment actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi View Post
Oro is in a do or die situation not because Sasuke is kicking his ass (well not only that) but because he already abandoned his host. If Oro isn't able to take over Sasuke's body he better find someone else's body very quicky or he's a dead snake.

Anyway very good chapter but really CS2 Sasuke is just too ugly.
The look has improved somewhat compared to the last time but there is just nothing to do about it, Sasuke just looks like a fugly gremlin like that.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote