Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-09-24, 18:50   Link #1
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
konstargirls drawing paradise~!

Yup like the title says, welcome to my drawing paradise. XD Anyways, I made my own official drawing page so that I could have both graphics and actual drawings by me. XD Anyways I've been drawing anime/manga for at least 7 or 8 years like my twin sister. So for now here is something I drew last week and finished it this week I believe.

Spoiler for Tewi and Reisen:

So yeah my drawing isn't good but that was the first time I ever drew in actually manga paper, but most of my drawings are either in skecthbook or just regular white paper. :3

So what do you guys think??
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 00:37   Link #2
Dream
working...

Well, if your looking for C.C.

it seems like you want to tackle human figures. Which isn't very easy thing to do. Rather its the hardest thing in the world to draw. Without experience in life drawing, it wont be easy to achieve life like quality.
So i suggest drawing from picture reference for now.

next time you draw consider:
a. legs/arms - they are not straight.
b. hair, get the big shape, and other small shape. there is rarely repetetive pattern of hair falling except for the forehead. which varies in size. Most people make mistakes on hair by over detailing it. Make it simple, give points where necessary.
c. hand - holds no.2 spot in terms of difficulty. this will improve slowly as one pratices. So don't panic, but try to get the shape of the hand correct.

See in Shapes.
See in Tones
DO NOT see in outlines.

Outlines in reality does NOT exist.
We actually see in tones.

but in manga outlines are used, that is why people who are inspired by manga to draw is at a bad start. Read shapes and tones, but never make outlines like that.

When i do life drawing, i do shapes and tones and in the final stage i put in the outline and the contour lines.

Remember:
Draw what you see NOT what you THINK you see.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 01:00   Link #3
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream View Post

it seems like you want to tackle human figures. Which isn't very easy thing to do. Rather its the hardest thing in the world to draw. Without experience in life drawing, it wont be easy to achieve life like quality.

b. hair, get the big shape, and other small shape. there is rarely repetetive pattern of hair falling except for the forehead. which varies in size. Most people make mistakes on hair by over detailing it. Make it simple, give points where necessary.
c. hand - holds no.2 spot in terms of difficulty. this will improve slowly as one pratices. So don't panic, but try to get the shape of the hand correct.

See in Shapes.
See in Tones
DO NOT see in outlines.

but in manga outlines are used, that is why people who are inspired by manga to draw is at a bad start. Read shapes and tones, but never make outlines like that.

When i do life drawing, i do shapes and tones and in the final stage i put in the outline and the contour lines.

Remember:
Draw what you see NOT what you THINK you see.
Your guidelines are incorrect to a point. You have to consider which kind of art style she is achieve. Is it the typical human life figures or more unrealistic figures. There's quite a few artist how doesn't draw human like figure and still do a good standing job at drawing.

a. Drawing's doesn't require them to be straight, if it were realistic poses and figures, it would. But even real figures, the hands, legs or main body isn't straight anyway. Kon is drawing anime/manga style and usually the proportion are rather human like, but some or a few of the human areas are exaggerated, such as the breast, and waist & especially the facial structure.

**If you meant, that they are suppose to not be straight, ignore the above message ^^

b. *nod head* (get the clumps first, then you can add detail to the rest, if necessary. You want to get the shape of the hair first, or at least try to imagine how it will look like. Well... this is how I do it ^^)
c. *nod head too* ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 17:05   Link #4
Dream
working...

^
there IS a difference b/w not drawing realistically, and not knowing how to draw realistically.
And most "few artist" you refered to chooses not to. Not becuase they can't
Andy Warhhol, Picasso are amazing artist who can achieve realism if they want. But they choose to not draw realistically.
But if you can't draw realism, you have to learn it first. As it is the basics. and basics is everything in art.

I'm a student of fashion deisgn, so i played around with proportion alot. Exaggeration is fine. But it has to look natural. Long legs look fine. Long torso, probably not the best.

Of course personal style differs, but when learning to draw, forget about style.

Any artist starting should focus on learning how to draw what you envision asap. Personal touches later. So you can be more flexible in what you draw, your style is more consistant and of course, you draw faster~~.
Old 2008-09-28, 07:52   Link #5
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream View Post

See in Shapes.
See in Tones
DO NOT see in outlines.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm drawing fictional manga not realistic?
Old 2008-09-28, 11:58   Link #6
Dream
working...

realism is basic.
by disregarding basic, you will never improve.

But its up to you really, i just assumed that you wanted to learn how to draw good fictional manga characters asap.
Old 2008-10-10, 00:10   Link #7
ZeRoGravity

I know I'm a bit late but as its already mention, learning to draw from life is the fundamental of learning how to draw. You don't draw "unrealistically" until you can handle drawing realistically. How can you break the rules when you don't even know them? You're still young you have plenty of time. Shift your focus to life drawing than just drawing anime. You can do it as a side thing. It takes a lot time, patient and dedication to become "good". Although, never think you're good otherwise you won't improve.

Definitely go to the bookstore or library and grab instructional art books and built up your own library. Get books that teach you and get books that inspires you. If you're completely serious in drawing, take art classes as well.
Old 2008-11-18, 17:36   Link #8
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

............anyways.

New drawings I did recently and finished pen and alot of them are touhou and pikachu and pichu brothers. My friends love my drawings of the chibis and that made me do more drawings. <3:

I'm penning some more pictures and posting them up later on. Right now, I'm doingo ther stuff.
Old 2008-11-20, 21:02   Link #9
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
^ Girlie, the grammar issues again >_>.

Anyways, I really like the Mokou picture. One suggestion is to don't be so shaky when penning. It is going to make the picture look wiggily and stuff. Try not to be so nervous in penning k :P?
Old 2008-11-22, 08:25   Link #10
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

^Thanks. Sorry I lost your pen yesterday. <_<

Anyone else~~~!!
Old 2008-11-23, 08:51   Link #11
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Okay double post!!!

I pen more drwings and 2 of them I drew recently.:3
Old 2008-11-23, 10:45   Link #12
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer

Really nice drawings, you're good!
Keep em coming!! ^^

Cookies ~
Mon Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 08:36   Link #13
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

^ Thank you Malin!!

OMG! I haven't update this on a long time. Anyways here are some drawings I did for the past month:

I'm also getting a new manga pad thingy today at the artstore so. :3

Last edited by konstargirl; 2008-12-31 at 19:57.
Old 2008-12-30, 10:32   Link #14
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
Cute Drawing konstar-Chan...I Really like this one
Old 2009-01-22, 21:56   Link #15
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
............anyways.

New drawings I did recently and finished pen and alot of them are touhou and pikachu and pichu brothers. My friends love my drawings of the chibis and that made me do more drawings. <3:

I'm penning some more pictures and posting them up later on. Right now, I'm doingo ther stuff.
Your drawings are improving! Keep it up!!

Sidenote: idk if you think Dream is picking on u(im not saying u think so), but believe me, he is absolutley right. I was stubborn when my brother told me to stop drawing anime and focus on realism. I didn't listen. I can tell you for a fact that after I did realism(am still doing it ) my anime pics came out WAY better...deformed(chibi) or not. You understand a lot more, because i can tell you...I saw some drawings by manga artists, and their realism is on POINT. These guys can open their own still life gallery. It's also a fact that some of them use real models to help them with perspective when drawing manga! So realism is very much related to drawing manga. I'm not saying you have to enlist in a course and devote your entire life to drawng realism, but take a little time out to study a little anatomy and how things really look and how to draw them. If you do that, I can guarantee that your drawings will be even better than they are now. If you go straight anime you lack depth and a trained eye as to how things should look. Maybe you aren't trying to be a picasso and just enjoy drawing(which i can totally understand), but a little goes a long way with realism.
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 21:02   Link #16
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

^Thanks. :P Seriously, I think I'll better work on Chibi's and animals for now until I get used how to draw actual people.

New drawing, but I did more recently but I didn't want to post them up right now. This is actuatly my worse one for the coloring. ><: