AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-01-24, 20:52   Link #401
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Spoiler:
Magic strings from fingertips? Not unlike a certain puppet technique from Naruto. Couple that with the fact that Marcus and Raishin is just like Itachi and Sasuke this is just like Naruto.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 03:17   Link #402
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Animated.......Yaya.........animated.....yaya..... . Yaya's brainwashing Raishin in animation!!! This is great!
Old 2013-01-28, 23:48   Link #403
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Chapter 28 got translated.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-01-29, 00:38   Link #404
CNine
Inactive Member

so loong, when will the next chapter come out
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 06:26   Link #405
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 07:48   Link #406
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

that's just a beautiful siblings love.....

Loki's sis-con confirmed.... and Raishin just unlocked his shounen MC mode... time to kick some ass in next chapter
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 05:14   Link #407
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Other than the manga this series is pretty low key. More interested about whose on the cover for novel 10. Lol ironically it'll probably get hype once the anime airs. This and Dal.
Old 2013-01-30, 18:20   Link #408
Ghanw
(-_-)

Does anybody know what is going on or the synosis of vol. 10?
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 03:29   Link #409
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Hotaru. Magnus/Akabane Tenzen's Automaton.

Formerly known as Akabane Nadeshiko.
Old 2013-01-31, 04:51   Link #410
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
Hotaru. Magnus/Akabane Tenzen's Automaton.

Formerly known as Akabane Nadeshiko.
Isn't that Raishin's sister if I didn't get the name mistaken, woah seem like vol 10 making some real development, can't wait to read it >_<
Old 2013-02-02, 04:56   Link #411
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Spoiler for terrible translation of vol10 intro:

Haven't read Vol9 yet (will prob start some time this week asap).
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 05:13   Link #412
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Spoiler for terrible translation of vol10 intro:

Haven't read Vol9 yet (will prob start some time this week asap).

Yes the age of Irori had begun!
Old 2013-02-02, 05:19   Link #413
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Heh, it's been in the works since Volume...6 I think. I guess Irori just couldn't bear it anymore!
Old 2013-02-02, 05:28   Link #414
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

I wish the author expand more on Irori's character though, it seem as if she just fall in love with him for the sake of adding another female character in the story
Old 2013-02-02, 12:27   Link #415
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Irori shared a volume with the introduction of Alice-sans-disguise.

Unless she begins living with Raishin she will never get much of a spotlight - which, as much as I love her character (read some of my old posts in thread), is fine by me: because her every appearance is full of epicness. I think she acts as the Yamato Nadeshiko of the series to contrast with the other female characters.

Its a problem with the series: you get a new girl ever other volume who gets sidelined eventually.

//

Vol 10 seem to head towards a darker path. The intro reminds us that Raishin is still a member of the Japanese army. Raishin does not seem to care much about worldly politics and the will of the Japanese army may tear a giant gap between Raishin and his friends (esp when a lot of them have allegiance to England).

As a main character Raishin has very little character development. Beside trying to be the hero who saves his friends, he rarely expresses his view on events around him or object to anything.

In a setting where various factions are struggling for world domination, such simple ideals such as "trying to protect my friends" is not enough. End of the day Raishin is merely just another pawn on the board.

This is why I like Alice: she is the genius that can keep an eye on Raishin with that matter.
Old 2013-02-02, 12:38   Link #416
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Irori's my favorite as well. The way she thrashed Shinn (even though he was pretending to lose) was just awesome.

Interesting. It's because of his simple-mindedness in sharp contrast with his responsibility as the Japanese army's pawn that has thrown him into conflict with Shoko several times before as well. Maybe this time, she'll finally stop helping Raishin out (as opposed to the other two, three times)?

On the other hand, it's depressing to see that the lead still hasn't developed over the course of ten volumes. That's just...wow. You'd think Shoko, as well as his encounters with Alice, Edward, Magnus, Raikkonen, and Edmund would give Raishin an idea that there's more at stake than just his shallow goal for revenge while helping his friends out along the way...

I'm thinking the author is planning to make Raishin lose something big to him, something to completely shock him and make him finally realize that there's more going on than what he thinks (which everyone else is aware of by now).

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2013-02-02 at 12:51.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 15:22   Link #417
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

What is there for Raishin to lose? I don't think he will kill off any of the female cast. Even killing one off might not have much effects beside countless regrets from Raishin. Vol 10 re-introduces his sister (?), so maybe she will eventually head towards a dead end. I can see the author wanting to add the imouto type into the harem though...

I want to see how Raishin react if the Japanese army demand him to directly betray his friends (in a way it has already been done before by extracting a sample of the sibling's dolls). From the intro of vol 10 I think this may be a possibility with the Japanese taking an interest in the sanctuary. We also do not know what type of people are running the Japanese government...

Magnus can also pull an Itachi. Once this whole revenge thing is over Raishin will need to look for something else to do. The hunter is nothing without the hunt.

I suspect vol 9 should develop the world stage further (still haven't read -_-) as Charlotte's family may be the "good guys" Raishin can eventually join.
Old 2013-02-03, 13:33   Link #418
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Speaking honestly, I don't really know if he would lose something, just that it feels to me that the author is setting up a really big shocking eye-opener event for Raishin in order to get him to "straighten up" and see the big picture, if you will.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-02-04, 05:02   Link #419
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
Speaking honestly, I don't really know if he would lose something, just that it feels to me that the author is setting up a really big shocking eye-opener event for Raishin in order to get him to "straighten up" and see the big picture, if you will.

Spoiler:
No never!! Shes a unbreakable machine doll!!! NEVERRR!!!
Old 2013-02-06, 23:59   Link #420
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Half way through vol 9.
Spoiler for thoughts:

Tags
automatons, edwardian era, fantasy, harem, kikou shoujo, machine doll, shounen