AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-11-16, 14:14   Link #10021
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The Murasames that they acquired earlier.
Read the sentence again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedsada View Post
It was Archangel's strategic victory (except a single mobile suit and some troop, most of them succeed in escaping from ZAFT Forces)
The single mobile suit that did not escape is obviously the Freedom, but what troop did the Archangel lose? All the Murasames remained safe in the Archangel.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 16:43   Link #10022
Scorpiopt

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Read the sentence again: The single mobile suit that did not escape is obviously the Freedom, but what troop did the Archangel lose? All the Murasames remained safe in the Archangel.

ship crew , wen the ship got hit several times and and most likely during emergency underwater dive the areas that got flooded
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 16:51   Link #10023
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiopt View Post
ship crew , wen the ship got hit several times and and most likely during emergency underwater dive the areas that got flooded
When I read troop, I don't think of the crew, but if that's what Jedsada meant, then ok.
Old 2013-11-17, 15:49   Link #10024
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedsada View Post
Archangel Vs Minerva

result: Minerva's tactical victory (freedom was destroyed), but It was Archangel's strategic victory (except a single mobile suit and some troop, most of them succeed in escaping from ZAFT Forces)
I agree. Also for the Freedom vs Impulse, Shinn may have beat the Freedom but really it was Kira's victory since he held off the Impulse and the Minerva long enough for everyone else to escape which was his sole purpose. There really was no losing side in the battle in a sense. He never intended to fight Shinn seriously since to do so would only cause problems for the AA in the future. Also if he knew about SF then Freedom would be an acceptable loss for him so long as he is careful not to get himself killed in the process.
Old 2013-11-17, 16:59   Link #10025
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I agree. Also for the Freedom vs Impulse, Shinn may have beat the Freedom but really it was Kira's victory since he held off the Impulse and the Minerva long enough for everyone else to escape which was his sole purpose. There really was no losing side in the battle in a sense. He never intended to fight Shinn seriously since to do so would only cause problems for the AA in the future. Also if he knew about SF then Freedom would be an acceptable loss for him so long as he is careful not to get himself killed in the process.
He didn't know about SF or he wouldn't have been so distraught when he lost Freedom. And surprised when Waltfeld said, " Go pick up your new machine" when he went up in the Rouge to protect Lacus.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 17:51   Link #10026
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
He didn't know about SF or he wouldn't have been so distraught when he lost Freedom. And surprised when Waltfeld said, " Go pick up your new machine" when he went up in the Rouge to protect Lacus.
Freedom was given to him by Lacus and gave him a purpose when he felt he had none. He has some attachment to it even if he might know of another one so he would still feel regret about it and sadness at losing it. He also just could've been surprised that it was already finished.

Even is he didn't, Kira still would've known that they wouldn't stop chasing them and they wouldn't be able to fight back properly without it making them seem as if they were in league with LOGOS. If it didn't seem like they were both destroyed, then the chase wouldn't end until the AA really was destroyed. So sacrificing the Freedom to to make it seem like they were both destroyed is a reasonable sacrifice.
Old 2013-11-17, 18:47   Link #10027
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Freedom was given to him by Lacus and gave him a purpose when he felt he had none. He has some attachment to it even if he might know of another one so he would still feel regret about it and sadness at losing it. He also just could've been surprised that it was already finished.
He also seemed confused by when Terminal stated the Eternal was going to be dropping something down to them when they were being attacked by ZAFT. I fully doubt he knew anything about SF.
Old 2013-11-17, 21:40   Link #10028
Skye629

Quote:
He also seemed confused by when Terminal stated the Eternal was going to be dropping something down to them when they were being attacked by ZAFT. I fully doubt he knew anything about SF.
Which is pretty funny, as he was the intended pilot
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 21:58   Link #10029
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Which is pretty funny, as he was the intended pilot
I bet Lacus was saving it as a surprise present for Kira for their anniversary.
Old 2013-11-18, 19:19   Link #10030
Skye629

Quote:
I bet Lacus was saving it as a surprise present for Kira for their anniversary.
Quite the expensive present lol

How much do those things cost? Going by modern fighter planes going for a few million, the SF is probably......

1 Billion?
Old 2013-11-18, 20:45   Link #10031
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Quite the expensive present lol

How much do those things cost? Going by modern fighter planes going for a few million, the SF is probably......

1 Billion?
Well she did set the standard by giving him the Freedom as a gift to start their relationship. Nothing else now will show how much Lacus loves Kira other than a nuclear powered MS.
Old 2013-11-18, 21:36   Link #10032
Skye629

Quote:
Well she did set the standard by giving him the Freedom as a gift to start their relationship. Nothing else now will show how much Lacus loves Kira other than a nuclear powered MS.
How bout a Death Star?
Old 2013-11-18, 22:26   Link #10033
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I don't know if it's better or worse

But in the retconned backstory, apparently Lacus stole baseline SF and IJ from ZAFT during shipping then extensively modified it.
Old 2013-11-18, 22:51   Link #10034
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I don't know if it's better or worse

But in the retconned backstory, apparently Lacus stole baseline SF and IJ from ZAFT during shipping then extensively modified it.
There are so many stories about the origins of SF and IJ. Being they were stolen from ZAFT, the blueprints were stolen, etc.

I lean towards stolen blueprints/half-built units due to them using the old OS( General Unsubdued Nuclear Drive Assault Module). Where Destiny and Legend used a newer OS( Gunnery United Nuclear-Dueterion Advanced Maneuver operating system).
Old 2013-11-19, 10:49   Link #10035
Yye1
Wide Right

I think that the minute the Freedom was stolen, and Athrun defected with the Justice, Patrick Zala commissioned the Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice, hence using the old OS

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 11:23   Link #10036
S.Freedom

Makes sense in a way..

Two of his most powerful suits just got high jacked. So in anticipation of having to deal with them development of the SF and IJ begin. Only the TSA curpstomps it's way to ending the war before they could be finished. After which less extreme elements are in control of PLANTS/ZAFT. And the peace treaty essentially kills development of suits like the SF/IJ so they're shelved.

It's at this point that TSA loyalists finds the blueprints/partially built units and steals them realizing the destructive power they posses. At that point the suits are completed as insurance against any future conflicts.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 23:48   Link #10037
The American Average
2LMES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeblMaw7G38

next episode Meyrin shower and launching of Legend and Destiny what fun
Old 2013-11-22, 00:25   Link #10038
quagmire

I still want to know how the head stayed on..... Everything else is torn apart into pieces, but Freedom's head remains intact and attached to the body?
Old 2013-11-22, 00:48   Link #10039
monster

Quote:
I still want to know how the head stayed on..... Everything else is torn apart into pieces, but Freedom's head remains intact and attached to the body?
That's because the explosion is from underneath the cockpit, away from the head. To be fair, we also do not see the rest of the body, just some fragments over the water.
Old 2013-11-22, 00:50   Link #10040
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
That's because the explosion is from underneath the cockpit, away from the head.
That would make sense if the explosion originated from the Freedom. But, I thought it was greatly debated that it was the explosion from the positron cannon hitting the Archangel that tore apart the Freedom and Impulse?

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep