AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-20, 21:40   Link #1001
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
*UPDATED AGAIN*

Group:
Gravity
Project: Undisclosed 12 episode Fall 2006 anime + (optional) Gakuen Alice 16-26 + (optional) ANY 13 episode anime (from ANY season) of your choice.
Position Needed: Japanese to English translator *URGENT*
IRC: #Gravity on Rizon
Contact: Starks through PM, or IRC, or e-mail at LLivingLarge@gmail.com for series info or recruitment.

Last edited by Starks; 2006-10-21 at 21:29.
Old 2006-10-21, 17:05   Link #1002
Keisuke-kun
Dread Lord

Send a message via MSN to Keisuke-kun
Urgent Notes

I'm currently considering the complete removal of the processing and encoding aspect of this. The system required would be too complex, and would probably provide little to no gain over the existing group setups.

For now, I'll focus on the distribution aspect - which is the main thing I was going for anyway.

So, ignore the processing aspect of this - and focus on distribution. !

Senshi Media

#senshi @ irc.rizon.net

I'm currently in the process of developing the backend for a "global" distribution and processing system. Our remote servers would handle the conversion and encoding of a video file, and then mirror the completed file to our entire server array - making it available for distribution via a number of methods.

Don't understand what I'm saying? I guess it's kind of hard to explain.

A fansub group would upload a video file, processing script and subtitle file e.t.c to the master processing server. This file would then enter a queue. Once it reaches the top of the queue, it would be sent to one of the sub-servers to be encoded for final distribution.

Upon completition of this process, the completed file is mirrored between the distribution server array. Once the user decides to make the file available via the online control panel, the file is immediately available for distribution via the following methods.

Please a note, a user can simply upload a completed video file for instant distribution.

BitTorrent: Upload a .torrent file to link to this video, and it will begin seeding immediately.

FTP/HTTP: Generic distribution, I don't think I need to explain.

Streaming: Currently only available online via the .FLV format (similar to Youtube), we intend to utilize Helix Server at some point in the future.

XDCC: Have it added instantly to the central Senshi bot, or request a dedicated bot for your channel (automatic, takes roughly 60 minutes).

This service will be free, although speeds will be restricted to 10MBIT per file. Donators will have access to higher speed limits. Donators will also be able to "jump" the queue ahead of non-donators on the processing side.

So, what am I looking for?

Well, I'm currently paying $1335 a month for Mitsuki and Haruka, and roughly £490 a month for Haruka and Kaede. I cannot afford to do much more beyond this.

What I'm looking for, are distribution and processing mirrors.

Requirements

Distribution
Minimum of a 10MBIT commit, preferably higher if shared. Stability is essential.

Processing
Minimum of a 1GHZ machine, preferably unloaded for obvious reasons. SSH access and the ability to compile will be essential.

If anyone wants more information, or is a little confused - you can contact me on IRC via the nickname "Keisuke".

Notes: Haruka and Kaede are currently down, these are colocated machines that I have had returned to fully upgrade before making them live.

Notes 2: Before the project goes live, we can provide standard distribution assistance, current help is shown via http://pacifica.senshimedia.net/xdcc/

Notes 3: I've had some advice to replace the processing aspect with something else, albeit I'm not sure what. Remember, this is still in the planning and development stages, although part of the distribution aspect is currently available - it's the first part I intend to release. If anyone has ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR THIS PROJECT - please tell me them!

Notes 4: I'm looking for eight fansub groups in need of assistance to take part in an early beta of the distribution aspect of this project, please contact me via PM or on IRC.

Last edited by Keisuke-kun; 2006-10-22 at 07:47. Reason: Added "Notes 3" / Added "Notes 4"
Old 2006-10-21, 19:51   Link #1003
Starks
*Scanlator

-deleted by author-

Last edited by Starks; 2006-10-21 at 20:40.
Old 2006-10-23, 21:40   Link #1004
Kururin

Recruiting Again (-_-;)

Umai Fansubs needs to fill the following positions ASAP:

TL Checker(s)
Typesetter(s)
Translator(s)

Our current projects:
Innocent Venus(need typesetter, possibly another translator, and a tl checker), Happiness(translator)

Very Soon:
Ichigo Mashimaro OVA Series(translators, typesetters, tl checkers)

If you are interested in any of these projects please join #umai@irc.rizon.net and
PM Galdamez951, Daemon404, or Kuri`

TIA
Umai Fansubs
Old 2006-10-24, 21:20   Link #1005
newborndeath
Nankh staff (timer)

need typesetter and karaoke timer

the group is newbornankh studios

projects:
Saint seiya the hades chapter sanctuary and inferno DVDrip

most scripts are already done.

but we need to time the karaoke.(that's for the karaoke timer)
then make it look pretty lol (that's why we need a typesetter)

message me at newbornankh@yahoo.com
our website is www.newbornankhstudios.tk.

if you would like to join but would like to do some other anime then we would need a translator.
Old 2006-10-25, 18:27   Link #1006
lime_green
reborn ftw

Send a message via AIM to lime_green
Group: Raimu-Midori Fansubs
Positions: Typesetter
Projects: Death Note
IRC: #lime-green @ irc.rizon.net
Contact: Email: limegreenfansubs@gmail.com or computercore999@yahoo.com
AIM: computercore999 Group Fourms: http://com4.runboard.com/blimegreenfansubs

Last edited by lime_green; 2006-12-13 at 12:09.
Old 2006-10-26, 05:11   Link #1007
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
Group: FoT Fansubs
Projects: Sailor Stars & Sasami: Mahou Shoujo Club
Need: Temp timer

Details: egelteek, our usual timer, is gone until sometime in January. While he's gone, though not necessary, it would be nice to have a temp timer. I have scripts ready for the next few releases of Sailor Stars, and am working on the script for the first episode of Sasami.

The Sailor Stars script requires no special typesetting. The timing for the Sasami fansub is going to be using different colored outlines and a special font, which I'd send your way... But of course, you need to know how to put the styles into the script, which I suppose I could explain as well, heh... :P But yeah, in short, some prior experience with styles is nice but not required.

Knowledge of karaoke/transform is a plus, too, since I am still working on the op/ed karaoke for Sasami.

email garylisk@gmail.com if interested. Our fairly empty IRC channel is #fot on irc.zirc.com - I'm not always there, but Coderjoe usually is. (He'd probably say to just email me though :P )
Old 2006-10-26, 17:53   Link #1008
Dragon001
Timer
*Fansubber

Group: Atavus-Fansubs
Positions: translator(s) , Typesetter(s) , karaoke
Projects: Bakegyamon (joint with m.3.3.w), Negima (joint with SHS), & Capeta (joint with ray=out)

Email: AtavusFansubs@gmail.com
IRC : #AtavusFansubs @ irc.rizon.net

Well guys where look for more staff, where also in need of translator(s) so that we can start on solo projects. Please msg any @
Old 2006-10-27, 18:38   Link #1009
Xiao Feng
Perverted Translator

Send a message via AIM to Xiao Feng Send a message via MSN to Xiao Feng Send a message via Yahoo to Xiao Feng
Talking The Naked Post O_O

DO NOT READ THIS POST UNLESS YOU ARE NAKED!

anyways....we here at megami is starting a Negima!? Wiki!? and we are looking for all fans of negima to help us expand the database. URL to the wiki!? is : http://www.megamivisuals.com/wiki

Group: Megami Anime
Positions: Experienced QC'ers and Experienced Editors
Projects: Sumomo, Negima!?
Email: skylineqs@yahoo.com
IRC: #Megami-Recruits@ irc.rizon.net

yea, we need peple to help us edit and qc those shows for us :P we are not really looking for anything else, but a back-up typesetter would be nice

PLEASE SOMETHING ON TO COVER YOUR BODY NOW!

P.S. Just for the sake of it ( since every post is looking for one) if there is any translator who want to translate a show for us, please contact us as well.

Last edited by Xiao Feng; 2006-10-27 at 18:39. Reason: font to big :P
Old 2006-10-27, 19:19   Link #1010
DribCC

Send a message via AIM to DribCC Send a message via MSN to DribCC
I need a group

Position(s):Quality Checker/ Editor (knows Japanese)
Group: none
Project(s): (for fun with friends) Licensed Show Removed
IRC Channel:
IRC Contact:
E-Mail:cab00se-o1@hotmail.com

AIM: DribCC
Myspace URL:http://www.myspace.com/cab00se01

Last edited by NightWish; 2006-10-28 at 05:41.
Old 2006-10-28, 05:36   Link #1011
Grumbledook
Bald Pirate Guy
*Fansubber

Group LiquidAnime
Position Translator Japanese -> English
Project Tekkaman Blade
IRC #liquidanime @ irc.zirc.org
E-mail grumbledookie@gmail.com
Old 2006-10-28, 08:44   Link #1012
DreXam
Dream's High Tension.

Position(s):Encoder
Group: StrawberryMint Subs
Project(s): La Corda d'Oro
IRC Channel: #StrawberryMintSubs@rizon.net
IRC Contact: DreXam or icemarle

We need an encoder for La Corda! Please help us out so we can finally release our version 2 of episode 1!

Help! Tasukete!!!
Old 2006-10-29, 02:49   Link #1013
pitty
fansubber

Send a message via MSN to pitty Send a message via Yahoo to pitty
Unhappy Translator

Position: Translator (jap-eng)
Group: Anime Club Generation
Project: Tsubasa Chronicle season 2
YahooMessenger: pittty_007
E-mail: pittty_007@yahoo.com

Last edited by pitty; 2006-10-29 at 03:27. Reason: I doesn't see this thread..
Old 2006-10-29, 08:31   Link #1014
Trance
Translator In Despair
*Fansubber

Positions: Translation Checker, Typesetter, Encoder, Timer ( Other Positions are open but this is what we need most)
Group: Cosmogony
Project: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
E-mail: neji.777@gmail.com

Since we're lacking the positions I mentioned above, we can accept a joint with another group who can offer at least two of these four positions. So, if any groups are intrested PM here or e-mail me. Thank you

Group: Cosmogony
Positions: Translator or Translation Checker, Other positions are open as well and past experience is not required for all positions
Project: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Contact: http://cosmogony.forumcircle.com/viewforum.php?f=28
IRC Channel: #Cosmogony@irc.enterthegame.com

We got all the other positions covered but it would be nice to have some extra staff, especially a translator or a translator checker. A joint option is also available, so if any group is interested in a joint, please let me know, just PM here or send me an e-mail. Thanks

Last edited by xris; 2006-10-31 at 17:06.
Old 2006-10-29, 09:44   Link #1015
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Group: Karehi
Positions: Timer(S)
Project(s): Death Note ( movie ) + series, Other Series(briefed on contact)
IRC Channel: #karehi@irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: uchikatsu or Shounen

Karehi is held up on Timing mainly so any timer(with some experience) willing to help us out, it would be greatful.

Side Note: Who doesn't want more translators...so any translator wanting to translate any series he or she so pleases also give me a contact call.
Old 2006-10-29, 13:59   Link #1016
Starks
*Scanlator

Group: Gravity
Project: ANYTHING, ANYTHING YOU WANT!
Position Needed: Japanese to English translator *URGENT*
IRC: #Gravity on Rizon
Contact: Starks through PM, or IRC, or e-mail at LLivingLarge@gmail.com for series info or recruitment.
Old 2006-10-29, 16:29   Link #1017
jiru-kun
nai mono wa nai

looking for staff for a new fansub group

hello! i'm from italy. i'm a translator from japanese to italian. i'm looking for the following staff members to create a fansub group.
- a timing checker
- an editor
- distribution staff
- someone with a few webmastr skills.
...and possibly someone for the karaoke.
the reason why i want to create a new group with international members is, that i couldn't find skilled people THAT ALSO had time for making hi quality release in a fast time (ie, a couple of days or maximum a week after the raw is released) in italy.
unfortunately, i don't think i'm going to release any eng sub, the help i wish is merely technical.
answer to this topic or send a pm to know more about the series, the objectives, and the modality.
thank you!
Old 2006-10-29, 18:28   Link #1018
jpmiyuka

Lightbulb Don't know a thing about subbing, but is willing to learn and to join a group^^

Ok, I have been looking around and I really want to learn/be apart of a fansub group.I wanted to start one of my own (subbing/karaoke Korean Mvs for a forum) but decided against it since I don't have experience myself let alone "trying" to teach people. I have tried to become apart of this one really good group but they told me they wouldn't teach me So I'm kind of in a pickle now. If someone can give me a hand then I would really apperciate it and I would be very grateful
Old 2006-10-29, 20:42   Link #1019
Rie-chan
(MQ)Translator

Send a message via MSN to Rie-chan
Rather newbie to any Fansub production and workings, but I'm interested in starting a fansub team. I, myself, am only able to be an Editor/Translator. I have friends/partners who will be willing to be Editors as well... Hence, I'm looking for people to help with:

-Distribution
-Graphics and set-up of anime Fansubbing
-Karaoke
-RAW obtainment
-Timing/Video Editting
-Translation
-Website Design

I'm really asking for a lot, but, if anyone is interested, please contact me. We will be working on mostly obscure but really good anime/manga projects. We will attempt to also try to establish an IRC channel in the future, but, right now, I just need some helping hands. We will surely be working at a rather slow pace at first, so, newbies/intermediates are welcome...And yes... Unless otherwise decided, my fansub team will be named: "AnimeFU."

Have some interest or inquiries? Email me at: rieringo@gmail.com or contact me through MSN: rie.chan@hotmail.com
Old 2006-10-30, 08:37   Link #1020
Stuart444

Send a message via AIM to Stuart444 Send a message via MSN to Stuart444 Send a message via Yahoo to Stuart444
Group: Bubblegum Fansubs
Projects: Nothing at the moment, or at least nothing proper
Positions needed: Translator *really really needed*
E-mail: stuart_gannon444@yahoo.co.uk

We are in need of a translator so we can get started, we have one of everything else (more or less) but we need a translator so we can decide what to do and get started
Closed Thread

Tags
help thread, recruitment, translator