AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-29, 21:20   Link #3561
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

They are, though they'll require a few fixes you can find on the Nexus. Alternatively you can edit the .ini to have them load the .bsa files for both mods so you don't need to run the plugins.
Old 2012-12-29, 21:57   Link #3562
sa547
*Author

When using high-resolution texture packs or mods, it's expected that the computer should be higher-spec (at least a quad-core CPU, 8gb of memory or more, newer video cards with 1gb of memory); anything less than that will cause the PC to crash.
Old 2012-12-29, 22:52   Link #3563
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, when I first used the high-res pack my game would slow down noticably whenever I turned in the direction of Whiterun... even if I was as far away as at Helgen.

But then I found out I was running 4GB of RAM rather than 8GB like I thought, because I was an idiot who didn't know how to read. Now, though, I'm running 16GB of RAM, so I damn well better have a smoother run on Skyrim when I get around to picking it up again (friggin' Dragonborn waits...).
Old 2012-12-30, 19:35   Link #3564
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
She is very extensive, though I'll warn people you really get the feeling she's manipulating you frequently (e.g. wink, smile, wiggle, "won't you be a dear and collect bleebles for me?").

I found the mod both impressive and the character eventually got on my nerves - very realistic. From a construction standpoint, I think my only complaint was that the voice actor read her lines rather slowly for my taste. In her defense, she was trying to stay in accent and I have the same complaint about a few 'professional' voice actors in the game.

So ... consider this a twisted recommendation. She drove *me* nuts in a kill her dead way but she's extremely popular and her greatgrandmother was a big mod hit in Oblivion as well.
I just got a first hand experience of what you mean.

After bringing her to the Eldergleam Sanctuary, she told me she wants to lead me to some place, I expected it to be somewhere close.

I then followed her for almost 2 hours all the way across Skyrim running through a dozen war zones from Warzones mod and swam through the sea from Dawnstar to Solitude. And after all this she hasn't brought me to the destination yet which she said will be reaching soon and she knows where.

And then she brought me to Dragon Bridge where I saw the Headless Horseman and I decided to follow it instead for the time being. So I ran through another half a dozen Warzones for 30 minutes and reached Hamvir Restwhich I expected even though I hoped there was some other place it would lead me to, and I've already cleared that place.

And then I decide to run back to Vijia and a CTD occurs in the middle of the war zone right in front of Hamvir's Rest. I think I'm never going to follow NPCs around anymore.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 20:19   Link #3565
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I just started her questline as well, but I am not at a point were she drags me around Skyrim.

She does strikes me as a very tall lady, though. Then again, I did installed something else to make female bodies slimmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi
No you will need to install Xenius character enhancement and Apachii hair.
Thanks again. The Apachii hair mod was among the first things I installed after reading your post.
Old 2012-12-30, 20:54   Link #3566
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm starting to have random CTDs and such ... considering restarting my characters with a "clean game", my favorite mods, and forcing myself not to add any game-changing mods after I start them.

Anyone have methods they like of staving off the gamesave corruption problem? Like a gamesave cleaner tool?
Old 2012-12-30, 20:59   Link #3567
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't know of any tools. Like I said, the best method is to just not add or remove mods during your playthroughs unless its absolutely necessary, like an unofficial patch update.
Old 2012-12-30, 21:35   Link #3568
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I don't know of any tools. Like I said, the best method is to just not add or remove mods during your playthroughs unless its absolutely necessary, like an unofficial patch update.
That was my recollection (memory sieve is rusted). Figure I'll take an evening work out exactly what I want in mods and start from scratch.
Old 2012-12-30, 23:11   Link #3569
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post

After bringing her to the Eldergleam Sanctuary, she told me she wants to lead me to some place, I expected it to be somewhere close.

I then followed her for almost 2 hours all the way across Skyrim running through a dozen war zones from Warzones mod and swam through the sea from Dawnstar to Solitude. And after all this she hasn't brought me to the destination yet which she said will be reaching soon and she knows where.

And then she brought me to Dragon Bridge where I saw the Headless Horseman and I decided to follow it instead for the time being. So I ran through another half a dozen Warzones for 30 minutes and reached Hamvir Restwhich I expected even though I hoped there was some other place it would lead me to, and I've already cleared that place.

And then I decide to run back to Vijia and a CTD occurs in the middle of the war zone right in front of Hamvir's Rest. I think I'm never going to follow NPCs around anymore.
Have you ever wonder what your companion NPCs thinks when you drag them through warzones, wrath of elder Daedric prince, entire battalions of thalmor elites, pack of vampires, or leave them as punching bags for giants?

In other news, I just downloaded frostfall, which apparently make the weather deadly realistic in skyrim based on the armor you are wearing. Apparently now a blizzard can kill me if I am not careful.

Now we begin the adventure of Majestia the Breton, with her dear sisters Credien the healer and Vijia the lover <3, ladies, BUTTON UP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I just started her questline as well, but I am not at a point were she drags me around Skyrim.

She does strikes me as a very tall lady, though. Then again, I did installed something else to make female bodies slimmer.

Thanks again. The Apachii hair mod was among the first things I installed after reading your post.
Is one of the options you can talk to her about. Just say "You lead" and she will take you to random places on foot. If you are impatient you can ask her to put a mark on the map on where is she is going.

NOTE: One of important part of her quest, in which she ask you to gather some ingredients, not only you have a list, so do SHE. So she periodically gather ingredients as well just by walking in the wilderness. So make sure take her on a stroll through a forest now and then for the quest...or it will never complete.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-01-02 at 09:07.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 09:11   Link #3570
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

A bit late to reply because of the holidays....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
NOTE: One of important part of her quest, in which she ask you to gather some ingredients, not only you have a list, so do SHE. So she periodically gather ingredients as well just by walking in the wilderness. So make sure take her on a stroll through a forest now and then for the quest...or it will never complete.
Yes, I noticed she sometimes mentions this while travelling. Also noticed how she gets naked while crossing rivers and how she does it randomly anywhere at times.
Old 2013-01-03, 04:56   Link #3571
cronnoponno

So I'm taking a bit of a huge switch here, used to use CBBE but I never really liked the size of many of the features of the body, despite it having more mods to support it, I am switching to UNP because it just looks better so far imo, problem now is that almost all my clothing mods are useless and I am left wondering what UNP has to offer, I assume it's much less than CBBE but the few that I've seen look pretty nice.

Does anyone have any good outfits to recommend me?

I don't mind them being a little violating of immersion, as long as it's not an outfit from an anime, or something stupid like an army jacket. I AM okay with skimpy clothing, quite supportive of it in fact, however when I say skimpy I mean it as being tasteful and not a borderline nude outfit.

The royal investigator outfit looked really cool, and I'll continue searching, but if anyone has any recommendations of armor I'd be happy to check it out, and I am not shy of armors that might be a little revealing, but I do not like armors that barely have any armor on it at all, also, if someone does end up recommending me an outfit like that, please make it one that does not have a fully plated helmet, I think designs like that are silly.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 05:13   Link #3572
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
So I'm taking a bit of a huge switch here, used to use CBBE but I never really liked the size of many of the features of the body, despite it having more mods to support it, I am switching to UNP because it just looks better so far imo, problem now is that almost all my clothing mods are useless and I am left wondering what UNP has to offer, I assume it's much less than CBBE but the few that I've seen look pretty nice.

Does anyone have any good outfits to recommend me?

I don't mind them being a little violating of immersion, as long as it's not an outfit from an anime, or something stupid like an army jacket. I AM okay with skimpy clothing, quite supportive of it in fact, however when I say skimpy I mean it as being tasteful and not a borderline nude outfit.

The royal investigator outfit looked really cool, and I'll continue searching, but if anyone has any recommendations of armor I'd be happy to check it out, and I am not shy of armors that might be a little revealing, but I do not like armors that barely have any armor on it at all, also, if someone does end up recommending me an outfit like that, please make it one that does not have a fully plated helmet, I think designs like that are silly.
Exeter has a conversion for the default armors to fit the UNP body, and has made a patch to do the same for Immersive Armors. I'm partial to the original Dragon's Crown Sorceress outfit, myself. Demon Hunter Armor looks nice and comes with support for both CBBE and UNP.

Beyond that I dunno what else to suggest. Like you said, UNP doesn't have as much support as CBBE. I could suggest Tribunal Robes, but it doesn't really have UNP support, but it'd probably look nice with it anyway.
Old 2013-01-04, 07:36   Link #3573
sa547
*Author

Some good full-body armors can work with UNP (such as UNP Female Armors), and I prefer them considering the climate and the degree of combat involved. Others include Alvin Hews Annika's get-ups, and Leah's Armor Set.

As for me, I still roleplay as this Yoko Nakajima-like character, which means I wear osare's school uniform set most of the time, but uses Thieves' Guild kit when the situation calls for it.

Apart from the usual turn-on, there perhaps a reason why some like skimpy fantasy armor: think of the Conan movies or the covers of Heavy Metal issues, which have sexy warriors who don't seem to mind the cold or enemy blades, as they live in an alternate universe where fighters are in many ways durable and seemingly invulnerable.
Old 2013-01-04, 10:03   Link #3574
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Apart from the usual turn-on, there perhaps a reason why some like skimpy fantasy armor: think of the Conan movies or the covers of Heavy Metal issues, which have sexy warriors who don't seem to mind the cold or enemy blades, as they live in an alternate universe where fighters are in many ways durable and seemingly invulnerable.
Yeah like Xena the warrior princess!

That woman "Drool"
Old 2013-01-04, 10:38   Link #3575
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Yeah like Xena the warrior princess!

That woman "Drool"
Ugh that show, my mom would say how dumb it is and not let me watch it.... back when i was 8 and enjoyed stupid stuff like that show. XD

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2013-01-04 at 13:00.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 12:21   Link #3576
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Yeah that show was very mindless. Its more about how much cleavage she can show
Old 2013-01-04, 19:43   Link #3577
cronnoponno

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Some good full-body armors can work with UNP (such as UNP Female Armors), and I prefer them considering the climate and the degree of combat involved. Others include Alvin Hews Annika's get-ups, and Leah's Armor Set.

As for me, I still roleplay as this Yoko Nakajima-like character, which means I wear osare's school uniform set most of the time, but uses Thieves' Guild kit when the situation calls for it.

Warrior lady series don't really have much to do with my like for Fantasy-skimpyness, I just think fantasy outfits with the sexualization today make a good combination, as long as it's not REALLY stupid like small pieces of metal covering the most borderline bodyparts possible, it needs to be tasteful rather than ''LOOK AT ME I'M AN AMAZON GRUNTING WITH BARELY ANY ARMOR ON'', but I digress.

These outfits are okay looking, but I was wondering if anyone had any that looked more like something a warrior would wear....

EDIT: Just found a Tera Mod compilation, might go with that

Last edited by cronnoponno; 2013-01-04 at 20:36.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 11:50   Link #3578
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

When is the dragonborn DLC coming to steam? I want to play it now!
Old 2013-01-05, 12:50   Link #3579
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Hopefully soon. It's been a month already...
Old 2013-01-05, 13:41   Link #3580
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Does anyone here know how the questing engine works in this game? What I find unbelievable about it is that it is supposed to be infinite, which means that all quests are unique. Adding to this is comes the voice acting for all characters and all quests. How is this possible? By mere logic the fact that all quests are voiced and have their own plot would mean that the quests are finite.

As far as my game progress goes; I am level 41 at the moment, and I have put aside finishing the main story in favor of getting to know all towns and cities in the game as well as completing all quests for all guilds.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim