AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-11-21, 08:38   Link #5741
GDB

I'd say the only way Kaepernick plays this week is if Smith still has concussion symptoms, even minor ones. Smith might be sat as a "precaution" to get another sample of Kaepernick. However, if he's healthy, I definitely expect him to be starting, for the reason FDW stated.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 08:58   Link #5742
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
49ers victory was as much an indication of how solid their O-line is verus how bad Chicago's is. San Francisco spend three first round picks on the OL. Chicago spend next to nothing on it. Any wonder why Cutler or Campbell gets beaten out of order?

Until Chicago gets a proper OL, it doesn't matter what they load up the other positions with. Brady and Manning get miffed with getting sacked once? Imagine them taking the amount of hits Cutler does.
I'm a New England fan and I'll openly admit once Brady starts getting hit the games become a hell of a lot more dicey... It's not one of his strong suits to bounce back from hits imo.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 00:00   Link #5743
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'd say the only way Kaepernick plays this week is if Smith still has concussion symptoms, even minor ones. Smith might be sat as a "precaution" to get another sample of Kaepernick. However, if he's healthy, I definitely expect him to be starting, for the reason FDW stated.
Apparently that might be the case. Alex was limited in practice today, and SI announced that Kaep will be starting after all…
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 00:25   Link #5744
YF19EX

As much as I like and respect Alex Smith, I think the writing is on the wall for him. Kaepernick is the future. Alex is incredible for his loyalty with this team when the upper management and fans kept calling for his head. And under Harbaugh he was able to finally see his potential. But in many ways its too little too late. Alex is not getting any younger and Kaepernick was preforming like a pro. He still has things to learn like knowing when to get rid of the ball, but he is mobile, accurate under pressure and as much as I don't like QB controversies, if you don't start him now, when? I would like to see Alex take it and get to the Super Bowl, win and finally end all the naysayers. But looks like he wont get that chance...

On that note, I know there is talk about switching up quarterbacks. I say that's a train wreck waiting to happen. The team has to establish a rhythm with each leader. Although taught under similar coaching and Kaepernick has probably been learning from Alex, each ones style is different. If the team was versatile enough to adapt, to each one, then that could throw opposing teams for a loop, trying to predict who to play against. I know Harbaugh has a thing for the unconventional, but you cant keep changing thing or getting too cute.

Last edited by YF19EX; 2012-11-22 at 00:38.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 00:41   Link #5745
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
As much as I like and respect Alex Smith, I think the writing is on the wall for him. Kaepernick is the future. Alex is incredible for his loyalty with this team when the upper management and fans kept calling for his head. And under Harbaugh he was able to finally see his potential. But in many ways its too little too late. Alex is not getting any younger and Kaepernick was preforming like a pro. He still has things to learn like knowing when to get rid of the ball, but he is mobile, accurate under pressure and as much as I don't like QB controversies, if you don't start him now, when? I would like to see Alex take it and get to the Super Bowl, win and finally end all the naysayers. But looks like he wont get that chance...
Woah, woah, hold you horses there. I know the SI tweet is a big deal, but this hardly means that Kaep is replacing Alex, we should know from history that GARbaugh isn't a conventional thinker. (And besides, the "not because of injury" line hasn't really been explained yet, and I imagine we'll be seeing a very enraged GARbaugh tomorrow because of it) And what's with the not getting any younger" line? Alex and Kaep are only three years apart from one another in terms of age. (Alex is 28 and Kaep is 25)
Old 2012-11-22, 05:13   Link #5746
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post

On that note, I know there is talk about switching up quarterbacks. I say that's a train wreck waiting to happen. The team has to establish a rhythm with each leader. Although taught under similar coaching and Kaepernick has probably been learning from Alex, each ones style is different. If the team was versatile enough to adapt, to each one, then that could throw opposing teams for a loop, trying to predict who to play against. I know Harbaugh has a thing for the unconventional, but you cant keep changing thing or getting too cute.
Alex Smith is only three years older than Kaepernick who is 25. Steve Young became the 49ers starter at the age of 29 when Montana was traded. Kurt Warner at Warren Moon became starters at 28. The age issue isn't a big deal.

Kaepernick is apparently the starter against the Saints this weekend and it's apparently not health related. I completely disagree with what Harbaugh is doing, and it's not because I'm an Alex Smith fan. It just seems illogical. The team is currently 7-2-1 and in prime position to secure a #2 seed if they can hold on to it in the NFC. Smith has played well. He hasn't lost games for the 49ers and did what they asked him to do. Over the last season and a half he's also brought the team back a few times and not just against bad defenses. He hasn't done anything to lose his job and is coming off a pretty good couple of outings before he got hurt.

Harbaugh barely deserves the benefit of the doubt on this one. It was merely one game. I would have thought Harbaugh out of anyone would be able to recognize what Smith has done to be the starter and how well he's played (considering the career Harbaugh had himself as a journeyman). Sure Kaepernick is his guy he traded up to get in the draft, but there is literally no reason to make a change up at QB right now based on one game. Didn't Chad Henne just have a fantastic game against the Texans the other day? Honestly this comes off as a bitch move, but whatever. I just hope the season doesn't go down the drain, the locker room gets divided, and some dumbass stunt like using two quarterbacks in games happens. They tried that shit earlier and it didn't really work and screwed up momentum at times. This isn't college, this is the NFL. We'll see if Kaepernick can perform in a hostile environment against a team that is hungry for revenge. As long as we win I'm good.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 05:48   Link #5747
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Alex Smith is only three years older than Kaepernick who is 25. Steve Young became the 49ers starter at the age of 29 when Montana was traded. Kurt Warner at Warren Moon became starters at 28. The age issue isn't a big deal.

Kaepernick is apparently the starter against the Saints this weekend and it's apparently not health related. I completely disagree with what Harbaugh is doing, and it's not because I'm an Alex Smith fan. It just seems illogical. The team is currently 7-2-1 and in prime position to secure a #2 seed if they can hold on to it in the NFC. Smith has played well. He hasn't lost games for the 49ers and did what they asked him to do. Over the last season and a half he's also brought the team back a few times and not just against bad defenses. He hasn't done anything to lose his job and is coming off a pretty good couple of outings before he got hurt.

Harbaugh barely deserves the benefit of the doubt on this one. It was merely one game. I would have thought Harbaugh out of anyone would be able to recognize what Smith has done to be the starter and how well he's played (considering the career Harbaugh had himself as a journeyman). Sure Kaepernick is his guy he traded up to get in the draft, but there is literally no reason to make a change up at QB right now based on one game. Didn't Chad Henne just have a fantastic game against the Texans the other day? Honestly this comes off as a bitch move, but whatever. I just hope the season doesn't go down the drain, the locker room gets divided, and some dumbass stunt like using two quarterbacks in games happens. They tried that shit earlier and it didn't really work and screwed up momentum at times. This isn't college, this is the NFL. We'll see if Kaepernick can perform in a hostile environment against a team that is hungry for revenge. As long as we win I'm good.
Personally, I'm inclined to believe that GARbaugh made the move to start Kaep early to prevent the media from milking the issue all week. Given how the Saints D has preformed over the past two weeks, Kaep won't look that good, but The Niners might cough up a win anyways because of the way our D-Line will maul Brees and co.
Old 2012-11-22, 09:55   Link #5748
GDB

Even though he says it's not health related, I'm still inclined to believe it is. If you have a very viable backup like Kaepernick, and your starter is still showing signs of being a bit wonked by a concussion, give him an extra week to get to 100%. Why put him in at 80% and get smacked around more, keeping him around that level of health the rest of the season, when you can go to your viable backup and let your starter reach 100%?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 14:33   Link #5749
kyp275
Meh

You know, I'm not a big fan of Suh, but those CBS commentators at halftime are just flat out idiotic. Last time I checked Suh is a football player, not a Shaolin monk that can kung fu kick someone behind him in the balls while tripping and falling with his face practically in the ground
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 14:39   Link #5750
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
You know, I'm not a big fan of Suh, but those CBS commentators at halftime are just flat out idiotic. Last time I checked Suh is a football player, not a Shaolin monk that can kung fu kick someone behind him in the balls while tripping and falling with his face practically in the ground
Turn to sports physics. If that kick to the head has an acceleration rate similar to that of a kick -- then it was on purpose.

Suh is a dirty player. Hands down.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 14:55   Link #5751
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Turn to sports physics. If that kick to the head has an acceleration rate similar to that of a kick -- then it was on purpose.

Suh is a dirty player. Hands down.
to the head? wtf? did you even see the play?
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 16:42   Link #5752
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Even though he says it's not health related, I'm still inclined to believe it is. If you have a very viable backup like Kaepernick, and your starter is still showing signs of being a bit wonked by a concussion, give him an extra week to get to 100%. Why put him in at 80% and get smacked around more, keeping him around that level of health the rest of the season, when you can go to your viable backup and let your starter reach 100%?
Hmm, an update on the situation from ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8662689

Apparently, GARbaugh hasn't even made a decision after all.
Old 2012-11-22, 17:05   Link #5753
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Week 11 had so many wasted opportunities for sheer chaos…

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
MIA @ BUF: Buffalo (Because they're leading)
Miami reaches it's limit, while Buffalo will resume failing this weekend.

Quote:
ARI @ ATL: Arizona (Crazy pick)
And The Cards almost pulled it off…

Quote:
CLE @ DAL: Dallas (Nothing to see here)
Ugly for the Cowboys…

Quote:
GB @ DET : Green Bay (Move along everybody)
Bitter for the Lions…

Quote:
CIN @ KC: Cincinnati (Bungles buildin' up some momentum)
A shot in the arm for the Bengals…

Quote:
PHI @ WSH: Washington (At some point, all things must come to an end)
A turnaround for Washington…

Quote:
TB @ CAR: Tossup (Does Tampa Bay really want that playoff spot?)
And a playoff spot for Tampa?

Quote:
JAX @ HOU: Houston (This will be painful)
And it almost turned into a disaster.

Quote:
NYJ @ STL: St. Louis (Yeah)
Goddamn it Jets! Destroy yourselves already! We need to be entertained here, and we can't be entertained if you guys aren't playing as a bunch of incompetent boobs.

Quote:
NO @ OAK: Tossup (These teams are practically twins of each other)
Yeah, this confirms what's been obvious since week 1: THE FUCKING SECONDARY IS DRAGGING THE ENTIRE TEAM DOWN WITH IT.

Quote:
SD @ DEN: Denver (So we can get that long delayed circular firing squad going)
And The Broncos win again, further suckifying the AFC.

Quote:
IND @ NE: Tossup (Oh boy, yet another overhyped match between the fucking Colt and the Patriots, I'm gonna go puke in the corner)
And after horking up a Death Star, I go find out that the Pats have blown out the Colts.

Quote:
BAL @ PIT: Baltimore (No Big Ben, No Sale)
But it was closer than it had to be.

Quote:
CHI @ SF: San Francisco (Truly, a clash of the titans)
Kaep looked good in his first start, but other than a few big bombs, he wasn't all that statistically better than Alex Smith had been before his concussion, and he was considerably more inaccurate too.

Now for week 12:

HOU @ DET: No call (As of the moment I'm writing this (12:57 PM Pacific Time), the game is almost over, though it looks to be heading into overtime. EDIT: And The Texans have won in overtime)

WSH @ DAL: Washington (Go SuperQuarterback!)

NE @ NYJ: New England (Go Boring Invincible heroes!)

MIN @ CHI: Tossup (Defensive battle with LOL HUEG implications in the NFC North? Should be interesting.)

OAK @ CIN: Cincinnati (The Raiders have finally proved that they suck enough for me to decisively pick against them again)

PIT @ CLE: Cleveland (Again, Because yeah)

BUF @ IND: Indianapolis (Though who knows what will happen)

DEN @ KC: Denver (Another Boring win)

SEA @ MIA: Tossup (I'm not confident enough in either team to call decisively here)

ATL @ TB: Tampa Bay (Bucs have shown some major improvement throughout the season)

TEN @ JAX: Tennessee (There was once a time when the games between these teams actually mattered)

BAL @ SD: Baltimore (Another easy win for the Ravens)

STL @ ARI: Tossup (So we enter the " who wants to be second-worst in the NFC West" cup)

SF @ NO: San Francisco (Oddly enough, I'd think that Alex would do better than Kaep in this situation, but that the D makes the difference pointless)

GB @ NYG: Green Bay (Because the Packers have momentum)

CAR @ PHI: Carolina (It's a disaster)
Old 2012-11-22, 22:02   Link #5754
sky black swordman

The Jets and Patriots game is pretty much over. Well it feels like it to fans.

The Jets have played badly in all 3 phases of game in the 1st half.
They played little better in the 2nd half, but it was not enough to win the game or bring them back.

Final score, Jets 19 and Patriots 49.(30 points)
The fans made it known, they want Rex gone.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-11-22 at 23:50.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 02:48   Link #5755
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So let's get this straight...uncontested waltz down the sideline, run into your own linesman and concede a fumble six, then run a kickoff into another fumble six...in 53 seconds...And then claim a BS lie that Tebow has broken ribs....

Are the Jets trying to trigger a bigger cull than the Eagles? Far out....This is beyond sad. Heads have to freaking roll at the Jets.

And that 2nd quarter Dallas copped from Washington was nearly as painful...Dallas's biggest enemy really is Dallas at the moment. When Romo and co. makes mistakes, they're way too costly.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-11-23 at 04:58.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 05:06   Link #5756
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Are the Jets trying to trigger a bigger cull than the Eagles? Far out....This is beyond sad. Heads have to freaking roll at the Jets.
The Jets and Eagles have been in a competition all year long in the "which team will have a more spectacular meltdown" category. It's actually been rather hilarious to me so far.
Old 2012-11-23, 11:09   Link #5757
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
And that 2nd quarter Dallas copped from Washington was nearly as painful...Dallas's biggest enemy really is Dallas at the moment. When Romo and co. makes mistakes, they're way too costly.
They're the luckiest unlucky team in the NFL ;-;
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 22:30   Link #5758
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
to the head? wtf? did you even see the play?
Head? Nutsack? Whatever. It was a freakin' kick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...r-in-nfl-probe

Repeat offenders = Bad reputation.

He brought this crap onto himself.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 00:02   Link #5759
sky black swordman

^ Very true on both.

Quick Questions, Will Dallas get a new QB next year? And which teams will be looking for new head coachs next year ?
Old 2012-11-24, 03:05   Link #5760
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

New coach teams...Philadelphia, New York Jets, San Diego, Kansas City, Dallas, Buffalo, Tennessee, Arizona, Cleveland, Oakland, New Orleans.

Tags
american football, sports