AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2019-03-19, 13:32   Link #1
Skulkraken

Google unveils new game console: Stadia

No exclusives announced, system is streaming only.

Claiming that players will get 4k 60fps on release, with 8k 120fps later.

Accessed through Chrome (yes, the web browser).

Launches sometime this year.

...And will probably get quietly shelved a few months afterwards.
Old 2019-03-19, 14:06   Link #2
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Yeah, unless it can bring more to the table then what we already have with a lower pricetag then it would be suicide to introduce a new console to the market
Old 2019-03-19, 15:15   Link #3
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That's a whole lot of nope for me.

Just going to back out of this discussion...
Old 2019-03-19, 16:07   Link #4
Wandering Soul

Nothing appealing or worth discussing for me.
Old 2019-03-19, 16:20   Link #5
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I was part of the Project Stream beta with AC Odyssey. I have to say that I enjoyed the streaming experience. It wasn't perfect by any means, but the potential is DEFINITELY there. It's especially apparent since I clocked in around 34 hours. Visual presentation-wise, there were moments where it looked like a bad compressed YouTube video, and there were instances of lag EVEN on my wired connection with 60mbps download and 5 mbps upload speeds. As for input lag, I didn't notice anything game-breaking. I was even playing on a bluetooth controller, too.

The convenience of being able to play the game through my Chrome browser was very mind-boggling, yet fascinating. I'm looking forward to see how well or how horrible this will be. This is absolutely NOT a replacement for my consoles and PC, but definitely another option to get into gaming. If I can stream Doom Eternal in 4K 60fps HDR yadda yadda on my dang chromecast.....whew.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-19, 17:10   Link #6
Skulkraken

Would you stream Doom Eternal in 4K 60fps blah blah blah... if you had to use up 20GB an hour in data in order to do so? Would your current internet plan be able to handle that amount of data usage daily?
Old 2019-03-19, 17:37   Link #7
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulkraken View Post
Would you stream Doom Eternal in 4K 60fps blah blah blah... if you had to use up 20GB an hour in data in order to do so? Would your current internet plan be able to handle that amount of data usage daily?
Me personally? Absolutely, yes.

I think people (not people here but in general) forget that this is by no means a replacement to traditional gaming as we know it. It's an alternative, just another option for those that don't want to buy the hardware but have the fast internet speeds to leverage. This service, like all the other game streaming services, is not for everyone..especially those that don't have high speed internet.
Old 2019-03-20, 01:41   Link #8
Golden Lily

Somehow everyone wants to eradicate necessity of physical copies and this new console just further proves that.
I don't want just digital games.
Spoiler:
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-20, 08:03   Link #9
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Lily View Post
Somehow everyone wants to eradicate necessity of physical copies and this new console just further proves that.
I don't want just digital games.
Spoiler:
there is no dedicated console. The idea here is that you will be playing these games off anything that can run a Chrome browser. That can mean your PC, tablet, phone, Chromecast, etc.
Old 2019-03-20, 21:02   Link #10
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

This is actually pretty interesting. I have a few concerns though. 1. Will this kill non AAA gaming in first world countries by increasing demand for super high budget games (that can now be portable). 2. Will this kill the switch for people with enough internet connection. Poor Nintendo.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote