AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-14, 08:13   Link #541
DarkLordOfkichiku

In case you didn't notice, I said that the translation IS out. It's now up on mangareader, it would seem.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 08:37   Link #542
Xaturas

So after all it was indeed that attack power.
Wonder why he wants to go there considering that he was quite shaken at the last panel.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 00:11   Link #543
Xion Valkyrie

I'm re-reading Breaker, and I noticed that Shioon actually looked like a guy in the beginning, but now he just looks like a trap. Could be an art style thing, but the author can still draw pretty decent looking guys without making them look like girls, so I wonder what's up with that. Early chapter Shioon and current Shioon look like completely different characters.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 14:30   Link #544
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I'm re-reading Breaker, and I noticed that Shioon actually looked like a guy in the beginning, but now he just looks like a trap. Could be an art style thing, but the author can still draw pretty decent looking guys without making them look like girls, so I wonder what's up with that. Early chapter Shioon and current Shioon look like completely different characters.
Probably cause he lost his d1ck, uhhmmm I mean Ki.
Old 2011-01-18, 23:23   Link #545
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Well, I think it's just that the artist is going for a more simple style art style this time around, to save moeny. Hence why he may look a bit more "girly". It might be intentional though - the author seems determited to try and portray Shioon as a bit of a weakling and thus, making hima bit girly might be what he figures is part of the way to go to archieve this...
Old 2011-01-18, 23:33   Link #546
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Making your main character in an action manga a complete weakling is never a good plan. If he starts out weak and grows, fine, but when he starts weak, gets strong, reverts to being even weaker and has everyone else fight his battles for him... Well, doesn't make for an interesting action hero. It'd be like a Schwarzenegger movie with his cowering in the corner the whole time.
Old 2011-01-19, 02:35   Link #547
Tiberium Wolf

I noticed in part1 3 changes in the main char design... well the changes were so subtle that I only realized near the end of part1. That's a lot of changes plus in part2 is completely different that I thought it was another artist doing it.
Old 2011-01-19, 14:24   Link #548
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Making your main character in an action manga a complete weakling is never a good plan. If he starts out weak and grows, fine, but when he starts weak, gets strong, reverts to being even weaker and has everyone else fight his battles for him... Well, doesn't make for an interesting action hero. It'd be like a Schwarzenegger movie with his cowering in the corner the whole time.
In shonen mangas (which The Breaker seems partially modelled after), this is a fairly often enough recurring pattern though. The idea, however, is to make Shioon a person who is fairly different from anyone else in the Murim though...
Old 2011-01-19, 16:23   Link #549
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
In shonen mangas (which The Breaker seems partially modelled after), this is a fairly often enough recurring pattern though. The idea, however, is to make Shioon a person who is fairly different from anyone else in the Murim though...
true you have setbacks but resets like this are very very rare and for good reason, they are not particularly exicting or entertaining for a action series.

We are basically going through the start of The Breaker in part 1 again and that for me isn't what I want plus no "Goomoonryong-senesi" this time around

and I may have missed something before or miss read it but I thought Shioon was pretty different from the rest of Murim before in part 1, reason he was able to get through to certain characters cause he was very different from what they knew or expected.
Old 2011-01-20, 23:12   Link #550
DarkLordOfkichiku

The chapter is out at Daum:

http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/viewer/10144

Hmm, it's at times like this one wishes that one could read korean, because it's chapters like this where it's hard to make sense of what's happening...

Last edited by DarkLordOfkichiku; 2011-01-20 at 23:29.
Old 2011-01-21, 06:07   Link #551
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
The chapter is out at Daum:

http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/viewer/10144

Hmm, it's at times like this one wishes that one could read korean, because it's chapters like this where it's hard to make sense of what's happening...
Really? Despite being completely foreign to kropulu runes, I thought the impression behind this chapter was pretty straightforward.

Spoiler for raw impression, though I may be wrong:

Or something like that. I swear no accuracy.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 07:58   Link #552
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Really? Despite being completely foreign to kropulu runes, I thought the impression behind this chapter was pretty straightforward.

Booo .

Oh well, the translation is out now. Ouch, looks like Jinies parents may indeed be a bit of a sore spot for her .

Wonder what will happen now though? I guess it'd be reasonable enough to expect that Mr Beardie will eventually find himself impressed by Shioon's sheer effort as well...
Old 2011-01-21, 08:56   Link #553
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Well done!
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 13:29   Link #554
gameboy234

LOL at the word negong. I think it mean ki.
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 19:09   Link #555
KrimzonStriker

Good chapter, things are progressing along very nicely now I would say, I wonder what the end result for all of Shioon's effort will be though. On the plus side, Hah to the doubters bashing on Shioon last chapter, this is what you get for underestimating him!
Old 2011-01-21, 20:06   Link #556
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighte View Post

Even though I read the chapter before reading this, this made me lol .
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 20:17   Link #557
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Good chapter, things are progressing along very nicely now I would say, I wonder what the end result for all of Shioon's effort will be though.
I'd be kinda disappointed if much came of it. He already has a master, I'd rather see him kick ass thanks to Goomoonryong's training videos.

Though it'd be hilarious if at some point, they realize he's got his ki back, he beats his instructor, and he's all "OK, now show me the real stuff"...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 20:40   Link #558
Ultenth

Shioon needs to do a dimensional leap into Veritas and learn Northern Broad Strike then come back and kick some ass.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 21:07   Link #559
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultenth View Post
Shioon needs to do a dimensional leap into Veritas and learn Northern Broad Strike then come back and kick some ass.
Btw anyone has any kind of info about when will the veritas part 2 come out?
Old 2011-01-21, 21:31   Link #560
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

He gets worked up at the strangest things... Imminent death or loved ones in harm's way don't quite phase him, but trolling is unforgivable.

Well, at least this is over.

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves