AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-03-19, 00:12   Link #401
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
When Tatsuya leaves the Chiba house, if I understand the raw properly (I'm not 100% sure of the interpretation), he tells Yakumo that he doesn't understand why she let herself be beaten/hit on purpose.
I thought it was Yakumo that said to Tatsuya like this "At least, why don't you leave with red face". I interpreted the red face is red after slapping, so it's Tatsuya that should let himself got beaten up by Erika. However Tatsuya denied that suggestion by stating that Erika wouldn't sit well with that. He then added that was the best course of action for Erika.

I forgot what the exact conversation after that, but afair Yakumo said like this "So that's the martial artist girl behaves, huh", Tatsuya answered, "Yes, that should be it", after that Yakumo smiled strangely "Ku ku ku ku..."
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 06:41   Link #402
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashingan View Post
I thought it was Yakumo that said to Tatsuya like this "At least, why don't you leave with red face". I interpreted the red face is red after slapping, so it's Tatsuya that should let himself got beaten up by Erika. However Tatsuya denied that suggestion by stating that Erika wouldn't sit well with that. He then added that was the best course of action for Erika.

I forgot what the exact conversation after that, but afair Yakumo said like this "So that's the martial artist girl behaves, huh", Tatsuya answered, "Yes, that should be it", after that Yakumo smiled strangely "Ku ku ku ku..."
Yakumo says something about the red face (well autumn leave colored cheek which I didn't understood until you pointed out red face).
Tatsuya says something about Erika with hit on purpose and a verb negation (which could be won't consent but web translators turns it into don't understand for some reasons). It might be "to hit on purpose, Erika wouldn't consent"
Yakumo says something about warrior family girl and "ku ku ku".

After that the conversation change.

One thing is sure, Erika waited for Tatsuya to come to her so she could hit him with the sword.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 08:32   Link #403
Fairy Water

ok this ship is so weird

Calling for pampz, please interpret their action

also, this is the first time Erika and Yakumo meet, right? The last time everyone gathered at the temple, Erika wasn't there.
He seems interested in Erika huh?
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 09:12   Link #404
Kadia

^Yeah i just noticed that too however Chiba's head should know about Yakumo's background to some extent. I reckon Tat brought along Yakumo solely for pacification due to Yakumo's reputation as being free from political influence or being a recluse. Witnessing is one thing but his demeanor would help greatly in terms of transparency in the info details.
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 09:16   Link #405
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Yakumo says something about the red face (well autumn leave colored cheek which I didn't understood until you pointed out red face).
Tatsuya says something about Erika with hit on purpose and a verb negation (which could be won't consent but web translators turns it into don't understand for some reasons). It might be "to hit on purpose, Erika wouldn't consent"
Yakumo says something about warrior family girl and "ku ku ku".

After that the conversation change.
I forgot where I got that "red face", but I immediately understood that it's "slap mark" when reading that line.
Tatsuya said in passive verb, and when it ended "tte" usually means something that's said.
Tatsuya's line was:
「わざと打たれたってエリカは納得しませんよ」
[Romaji]: "Waza to utaretatte Erika ha nattoku shimasen yo"
"But even if you said to be hit on purpose, Erika wouldn't consent"

Quote:
One thing is sure, Erika waited for Tatsuya to come to her so she could hit him with the sword.
Could you point for excerpt of the line?
To my understanding no such thing however it could mean I missed the line too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
also, this is the first time Erika and Yakumo meet, right? The last time everyone gathered at the temple, Erika wasn't there.
Now you mention it, it seemed so.
However Yakumo didn't want to be involved too much in worldly matter
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 10:29   Link #406
azarhal

Quote:
ok this ship is so weird

It's not because we don't understand them, that they can't understand each others.

and yes, it's the first time Erika and Yakumo meet on page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashingan View Post
Could you point for excerpt of the line?
To my understanding no such thing however it could mean I missed the line too.
The "fight" sequence in page 228. Although, now that I'm rechecking it, seems like I missed some lines in the middle of the page myself. And I'm now not that sure Erika waited for Tatsuya to come up to her.
Old 2016-03-19, 16:52   Link #407
Echizen777

I don't think there's anything too deep in this. I think Erika wanted to make it look like she was calm but wanted to vent her frustration on him and Tatsuya knew it, knowing her temper he preferred to be stern as usual and beat her ASAP.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 20:01   Link #408
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
I don't think there's anything too deep in this. I think Erika wanted to make it look like she was calm but wanted to vent her frustration on him and Tatsuya knew it, knowing her temper he preferred to be stern as usual and beat her ASAP.
Erika wasn't pretending to be calm by the time she asked Tatsuya to fight her, and Tatsuya didn't beat her ASAP. His initial kick was the only attack he initiated. He didn't rush her afterward and never touched her directly outside of that kick. On her side, Erika's attack lacked its usual flair which made it easy for Tatsuya to catch the sword.

Also, Erika was at the anger stage of grief and made it through bargain (she asked Tatsuya if he could have fixed Toshi with regrowth), depression (she cried a lot) and acceptance by the end.
Old 2016-03-20, 00:14   Link #409
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
ok this ship is so weird

No need;no need.
It was an interaction I expected(No shoulder crying; so disappointing).
The only thing you should care is that they understand each other very well.

Looks like Erika piqued Yakumo's interest. Maybe he'll invite her for some training.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-20, 00:16   Link #410
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
@pampz21: uhm Ninja Swordman Erika. ^^?
Old 2016-03-20, 04:03   Link #411
Echizen777

Quote:
Erika wasn't pretending to be calm by the time she asked Tatsuya to fight her, and Tatsuya didn't beat her ASAP. His initial kick was the only attack he initiated. He didn't rush her afterward and never touched her directly outside of that kick. On her side, Erika's attack lacked its usual flair which made it easy for Tatsuya to catch the sword.

Also, Erika was at the anger stage of grief and made it through bargain (she asked Tatsuya if he could have fixed Toshi with regrowth), depression (she cried a lot) and acceptance by the end.
Maybe I should have said he attacked first at this moment because he knew what to expect.

Do you think she has chances of becoming the Chiba heir despite her status? Naotsugu and probably her sister are more legitimate but I am not sure Naotsugu has enough time for this, it could allow him to stay close to Mari though. Her sister is the less skilled of the family so maybe she doesn't fit.

Last edited by Echizen777; 2016-03-20 at 04:13.
Old 2016-03-20, 05:23   Link #412
Medivh

Unless things changes, Nao would be the next heir since he is the second oldest. Being an heir doesn't take much time, the father is still alive and healthy.
Medivh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-20, 08:41   Link #413
azarhal

Quote:
Do you think she has chances of becoming the Chiba heir despite her status? Naotsugu and probably her sister are more legitimate but I am not sure Naotsugu has enough time for this, it could allow him to stay close to Mari though. Her sister is the less skilled of the family so maybe she doesn't fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medivh View Post
Unless things changes, Nao would be the next heir since he is the second oldest. Being an heir doesn't take much time, the father is still alive and healthy.
Nao is two years older than Mary, he is 20-21 years old. Sanae was described as mid-20s when Leo saw her in the Yokohama arc (24-25, Toshi was 26-27). The Chiba might follow a hereditary male heir system or a swordsman talent one though.

Saying that, Nao and Erika are both out of favor from their father (in the case of Erika, since birth, for Nao, around when he started to study other stuff than the Chiba style). Sanae might not be as talented, but she doesn't seems to have issues with dad which is always helpful in situations like these.

Adding to that, Toshikazu was the only one that saw Erika as a Chiba and who seems to have somewhat fought for her rights in the clan (like allowing her to wield Orochimaru). Erika also tries to avoid interaction with her sister and father too, I doubt she wants to be heir.

Chance of Erika becoming the Chiba heir: 0%. I think even if all her siblings died, the role would go to an unnamed cousin. Of course, if the heir was selected by a popularity contest among the disciples should would be though.

Nao vs Sanae, that's a good question. Does daddy prefer talent or not? Both will cause issues for Erika though. Erika can't stand Mari and Sanae just hates her younger sister.

Really, I'm starting to think Erika should move to the Rosen. With chance, they aren't antagonists.

Last edited by azarhal; 2016-03-20 at 19:28.
Old 2016-03-20, 08:45   Link #414
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

uhm is Orichimaru still in Erika's possession I hope it is because it the only thing left that has memories of his late beloved brother. T_T
Old 2016-03-21, 03:41   Link #415
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
uhm is Orichimaru still in Erika's possession I hope it is because it the only thing left that has memories of his late beloved brother. T_T
It is, but I don't think Toshikazu is the one who made it. It's made by the Chiba in general, who are the best at creating swords for magic arts.
Old 2016-03-21, 03:46   Link #416
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
@pampz21: uhm Ninja Swordman Erika. ^^?
Hard to imagine Erika being stealthy.

As for Erika being a heir; I don't think it would be considered unless she became an only child.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-21, 03:48   Link #417
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

@Echizen777: uhm I meant was he the reason why she got her beloved sword right deep down she thank her own brother "Toshikazu" also I think he just a bro-con just like Miyuki. ^^
Old 2016-03-21, 07:22   Link #418
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
You know, outside of school, she barely talks to anyone and tries to avoid her entire family all the time.

That requires some stealth skills.
Old 2016-03-21, 09:11   Link #419
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post

As for Erika being a heir; I don't think it would be considered unless she became an only child.
Isn't it implied that she participated to some assassination missions? She can be hot blood but she is quite serious when fighting. One thing is sure, she had already killed people before the Yokohama incident.
Old 2016-03-21, 10:52   Link #420
azarhal

Quote:
Isn't it implied that she participated to some assassination missions? She can be hot blood but she is quite serious when fighting. One thing is sure, she had already killed people before the Yokohama incident.
The type of the mission(s) was never mentioned, just that she killed people before and that she's used to real-life combat. It's not experience you get at a dojo with bokken.

The "Chiba magic style" was mentioned to be good for scouting and infiltration. That, along its anti-magicians focus, could point toward assassination missions though.