Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-12-04, 13:57   Link #41
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
I doubt a Sharingan user can use certain techniques as good as or better then a real person with a affinity to it.
A: water-wind B(Sharingan:earth-lightning)
Sharingan doesn't make any difference in using a technique if the person is not capable of using it. It only makes it easier for the person to learn and use a technique if he is capable of using it.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 13:58   Link #42
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Ok i think you guys are underestimating what Naruto will master soon...and are overpowering the Sharingan.

What Naruto learns right now is considred as impossible...experimental stuff. No one so far has mastered it to a degree Naruto is learning it right now.

The max out of the max...there is no way a sharingan user can preform it right away after seeing it even several times. Sasuke said also a couple times: what is that jutsu...he couldnt see through Rasengan...or copy it.

Especially when he realized Rasengan was more powerfull (rooftop)

Kakashi is a earth-lightning type (i believe he mentioned it besides he used earth elements several times...and his showboat water jutsu's..)

With this it is safe to say, Kakashi for example, was a lightning user, which is the reason he created a high powered lightning jutsu so young.

I doubt a Sharingan user can use certain techniques as good as or better then a real person with a affinity to it.
A: water-wind B(Sharingan:earth-lightning)

But we still know only a little about this matter...

It's true we only know a little. I believe you may be correct in assuming affinity means they will be stronger with those type's of jutsu. It would explain why the (second hokage i believe) was able to use such a high level water jutsu on a rooftop. The reason people are shown their affinity for elemental training however is because that is the element that will be the easiest for them as well (which is almost the same as them being "strongest in that element" anyways).
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 14:00   Link #43
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
I was reading the Chapter when Gai fought Kisame and indeed this are flames that got out of his hands.

There is a SFX in this page that say: "Rapid Fire Flames"

And in the subsecuent pages, you see the drawings that have the properties of a flame.
Yeah, I saw that the chakra in Gai's Morning Peacock technique was flame-like. I just question if it requires the fire element, I thought it might be just an effect from opening the gates. But it could be that Morning Peacock is a fire-based technique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Johnny 5
Kakashi was able to perfectly match Kisame's Suiton technique.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 14:02   Link #44
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Yeah, I saw that the chakra in Gai's Morning Peacock technique was flame-like. I just question if it requires the fire element, I thought it might be just an effect from opening the gates. But it could be that Morning Peacock is a fire-based technique.
I would say is that after opening the Gates Gai can use this Jutsu, which he still needs to elementally Reshape his Chakra to fire. What I doubt is that this one has any Shape alteration.
Old 2006-12-04, 14:03   Link #45
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:

Kakashi was able to perfectly match Kisame's Suiton technique.
Meaning Kakashi's ability with water is evenly matched with Kisame's. Just because he is from the mist village, doesn't mean his affinity is water anyways.
Old 2006-12-04, 14:06   Link #46
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi View Post
Meaning Kakashi's ability with water is evenly matched with Kisame's. Just because he is from the mist village, doesn't mean his affinity is water anyways.
Well, I say the this one is Kisame affinity...he is a fish...funny would be that he has affinity of Earth....
Old 2006-12-04, 14:07   Link #47
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
I think it's safe to assume that he has an affinity for water, seeing as how nearly all his techniques are water-based. Plus c'mon, look at him, he's a freakin' shark...
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 14:12   Link #48
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
I think it's safe to assume that he has an affinity for water, seeing as how nearly all his techniques are water-based. Plus c'mon, look at him, he's a freakin' shark...
We dont know though, even if he is a shark-looking guy (which im sure we will see a backstory on hopefully). When people use a jutsu, they use it for usefulness i would imagine, or what will help them in the moment, rather than what element they are strongest with.

If he was mutated that way from an experiment, but he was a normal guy before, so what if his affinity was earth. His knowledge of water-based jutsu is probably numerous due to his village, which teaches many of those types of techniques.
Old 2006-12-04, 14:14   Link #49
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

boy that gai kisame fight was really something. However i had a few questions on giving it a second look.

1)did gai open all 8 gates? Shouldn't he be dead? My translation read something like 8 gate open, 6 gate stance. I was like what does that mean?
2)how did neji, lee, and tenten escape from that water prison? Apparently it was something neji did, but I couldn't figure it out
3)and just to be 100 percent sure, post timeskip, naruto can do rasengan with one hand correct?
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 14:15   Link #50
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
We dont know though, even if he is a shark-looking guy (which im sure we will see a backstory on hopefully). When people use a jutsu, they use it for usefulness i would imagine, or what will help them in the moment, rather than what element they are strongest with.

If he was mutated that way from an experiment, but he was a normal guy before, so what if his affinity was earth.
Well, Kisame has used the strongest Water Jutsu shonw so far, and he was not even at full power, Ill say he is water affinity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
boy that gai kisame fight was really something. However i had a few questions on giving it a second look.

1)did gai open all 8 gates? Shouldn't he be dead? My translation read something like 8 gate open, 6 gate stance. I was like what does that mean?
Only 6 gates, he does mention the 8 gates, but he only opened 6.

Quote:
2)how did neji, lee, and tenten escape from that water prison? Apparently it was something neji did, but I couldn't figure it out
It was Neeji, he did something sort of like what he did when he was trapped in Kidoumaru web, He released Chakra from his entire body, thus breaking the prison.

Quote:
3)and just to be 100 percent sure, post timeskip, naruto can do rasengan with one hand correct?
NO, he still needs 2 Hands to do so.
Old 2006-12-04, 14:25   Link #51
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Well, Kisame has used the strongest Water Jutsu shonw so far, and he was not even at full power, Ill say he is water affinity.
Stronger than the second Hokage's who had no water at his disposal yet created a massive torrent? At hokage level, it is hard to determine ones affinity, what was the 3rds? Eventually it gets to the point they could have 2 or 3 potent elements, and 2 or 3 ones that are weaker. Kisame is obviously a very strong ninja, so it is safe to say one of his potent elements is water because he matched Kakashi's water, but not necessarily his affinity.

Kakashi has shown proficiancy in water a lot for example.
Old 2006-12-04, 14:26   Link #52
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
I was reading the Chapter when Gai fought Kisame and indeed this are flames that got out of his hands.

There is a SFX in this page that say: "Rapid Fire Flames"

And in the subsecuent pages, you see the drawings that have the properties of a flame.
Well considering he opened 6 gates, remember how fast lee was when he opened only 5 gates? I was surprised as he was running he didn’t leave flame trail's. What I'm suggesting is, what if the flames were a product of speed? As in Gai's punches were so fast the kinetic energy caused his hands to become ENflamed. Hence "Asa Kujaku", if it was a fire technique would it not be "Katon: Asa Kujaku", I just mean when ever we saw an elemental technique it usually had the name of the element in it "Katon, Suiton, Futon, Raiton, Doton" or.. it had some property like "Mizu Bunshin" Water clone, we know the clone's medium was water, but its not a water technique just the medium is water.

So yea, the flames could have been just a product of speed "the medium was flames, but it was not a flame technique", like when a something falls in to the earths atmosphere at an insane amount of speed, it burns up sometimes in to nothingness.
Old 2006-12-04, 14:28   Link #53
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Stronger than the second Hokage's who had no water at his disposal yet created a massive torrent?
Yes, given Kisame did exactly the same. and what was matched aginst Kakshi was the same exat Jutsu, But Kisame showed he can make way biger water Jutsu than this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
Well considering he opened 6 gates, remember how fast lee was when he opened only 5 gates? I was surprised as he was running he didn’t leave flame trail's. What I'm suggesting is, what if the flames were a product of speed? As in Gai's punches were so fast the kinetic energy caused his hands to become ENflamed. Hence "Asa Kujaku", if it was a fire technique would it not be "Katon: Asa Kujaku", I just mean when ever we saw an elemental technique it usually had the name of the element in it "Katon, Suiton, Futon, Raiton, Doton" or.. it had some property like "Mizu Bunshin" Water clone, we know the clone's medium was water, but its not a water technique just the medium is water.

So yea, the flames could have been just a product of speed, like when a something falls in to the earths atmosphere at an insane amount of speed, it burns up sometimes in to nothingness.

Not necesearely, as Kakashi Chidory, is not called.."Raiton: Chidory"

And then, I doubt that after creating flames from Friction he could use this flames and atack wiht the flames in different directions, its makes more sense that he just created a Jutsu based on flame.

Also, to create a Friction so Gai could create Fire, he would had to be moving at a very fast speed, and the friction of this speed would had made Gai Body turn to dust.

Last edited by Rurik; 2006-12-04 at 14:38.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 14:31   Link #54
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Yes, given Kisame did exactly the same.
Which fight are you talking about? I don't precisely remember which water jutsu you are referring to, but assumed it was the fight by the lake with Asuma, Kurenai, and Kakashi.
Old 2006-12-04, 14:34   Link #55
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Which fight are you talking about? I don't precisely remember which water jutsu you are referring to, but assumed it was the fight by the lake with Asuma, Kurenai, and Kakashi.
He's talking bout Kisame's 30% clone vs Gai, Kisame pretty much flood's the place. "Suiton: Bakushouha" (Water seal: Aquatic Shockwave)
Old 2006-12-04, 14:34   Link #56
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Against Gai, in the second part.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 14:38   Link #57
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
He's talking bout his 30% clone vs Gai, Kisame pretty much flood's the place. "Suiton: Bakushouha"
Ill have to look at it again, it's been awhile (if you have a chapter # that would be helpful). I would assume though that the surrounding terrain had water (even in soil), while a rooftop has absolutely none.

The second was known for his water jutsu, he was a hokage, thus i would think his abilities excede Kisame's.
Old 2006-12-04, 14:39   Link #58
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Kisame was standing on a lake lol.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 14:40   Link #59
Xrayz0r
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
Yes, given Kisame did exactly the same.
Though Nidaime created the actual jutsu out of nowhere, right at the spot, unlike Kisame who first had to create a water source to be able to use it for jutsu later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisame
Kisame was standing on a lake lol.
That lake was created by him, in the middle of a freaking desert.
Xrayz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 14:40   Link #60
Rurik
Golden

The water source (the Lake) was created by Kisame's Bakushuoha

Chapter 256 page 3