AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-31, 21:46   Link #11601
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Nobody dies in Medaka Box except when they do or when Nishio wants them too.
Old 2012-12-31, 22:47   Link #11602
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Nobody dies in Medaka Box except when they do or when Nishio wants them too.
them be some great words of wisdom right there
Old 2013-01-01, 06:02   Link #11603
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Back to the Manga at hand...
is anyone else thinking that Anshin'ins death is... suspicious?
I remember her saying she is immortal, while this part could be explained by the hero's ability there is another strange thing - the meeting with Kumagawa.

Her Kick: Could really be explained like this, even I knew he'd look under her skirt

Getting angry: She got pretty angry at him because he continued to talk to her, even though she claimed that she couldn't hear him. This went a bit over the part she could anticipate tbh.

Shooting the Looser star:
She said she herself was a recording - so how could she look for the looser star, or give him something?. being a recording would mean the Looser star would have been crushed by her a while ago.

Troll:
How to troll better than making everyone believeing to be dead and comming back when they stand before her grave?

So I somehow have the feeling we will see her again. 15 seconds was... too easy.
I am sure she and Kumagawa were not in the real world, so shooting that star is symbolic, she used her powers and knowledge of kumagawa to guess that he would ignore her and keep talking during certain parts. But yeah is she does comeback, these would still hold up as a hint.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 00:16   Link #11604
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Another thing though:
Has anyone figured out what Kumagawa was referring to when saying Anshin'in was Zenkichi's former girlfriend?
There was no further reference to this sentence past, Kumagawa repeating it a few times.
Which is imho sad if he didn't mean it as a joke(or has been a translation error).

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 00:54   Link #11605
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Still there

(lol @ Ansatsu Kyoushitsu)
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 02:17   Link #11606
Lupus753

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Another thing though:
Has anyone figured out what Kumagawa was referring to when saying Anshin'in was Zenkichi's former girlfriend?
There was no further reference to this sentence past, Kumagawa repeating it a few times.
Which is imho sad if he didn't mean it as a joke(or has been a translation error).
I'm believe that it was a translation error. The word "kanojo" usually means 'she', but can also mean 'girlfriend', which is how the translator made the mistake. At least, that's how I heard it; correct me if I'm wrong.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 02:17   Link #11607
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
Still there
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
(lol @ Ansatsu Kyoushitsu)

Although alllllll the way in the corner lol. At least she's in good company, what with Gon being right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
I'm believe that it was a translation error. The word "kanojo" usually means 'she', but can also mean 'girlfriend', which is how the translator made the mistake. At least, that's how I heard it; correct me if I'm wrong.
300% correct, by now it seems to have been an error.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 06:56   Link #11608
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Although alllllll the way in the corner lol. At least she's in good company, what with Gon being right there.
And Gintoki too! Well, Kiruko-san is in the background, but she has become quite popular (at least on the pixiv).

Last edited by Iby; 2013-01-02 at 07:33.
Old 2013-01-02, 07:06   Link #11609
Meltyred

Funny how Bleach got shafted, Big 3 is now like One piece, Naruto and Toriko
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 07:30   Link #11610
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Ichigo's picture is still bigger compared to others.
Old 2013-01-02, 11:38   Link #11611
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
I am sure she and Kumagawa were not in the real world, so shooting that star is symbolic, she used her powers and knowledge of kumagawa to guess that he would ignore her and keep talking during certain parts. But yeah is she does comeback, these would still hold up as a hint.
I don't see how they could hints if they can just as easily explained using her powers. It doesn't tilt the speculation in either direction.

Also, she blew up the star that Kumagawa pointed out. Even if it wasn't a real star, she still accurately predicted exactly which star he'd point out, out of all the stars in the sky.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 14:06   Link #11612
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
Too bad. Anshinnin would deserve the relationship more than Medaka imho. Actually every random background char would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I don't see how they could hints if they can just as easily explained using her powers. It doesn't tilt the speculation in either direction.

Also, she blew up the star that Kumagawa pointed out. Even if it wasn't a real star, she still accurately predicted exactly which star he'd point out, out of all the stars in the sky.
Aye, that and if you scrutenize the all information about her closely you will also realize the following things:

She was once a bodyless entity that took the form of humans later
She is technically immortal
All damage the fallen Hero does stays in the world (probably until he is defeated).

Though he always only destroyed bodies(as seen on Medaka) - he never destroyed a soul.
So i guess Anshin'in's death is to be understood purely in relation to her physical form, not her being though.
My guess is that she will either come back in a new body (wouldn't violate the rule that inflected wounds never heal) or come back as soon as he is defeated in her old one.
Another thing we shouldn't forget about is that she has already lost to him once, yet was unscarthed 5000 years later.
So either she lost without getting hurt (unlikely considering the damage to the village just because Shiranui was missing) or that rule is not as absolute as he wants us to think.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-01-02, 14:32   Link #11613
ccie20012

Quote:
Too bad
I agree that she deserves a romantic lines.
But why is Zen?! Anshin'in clearly have feeling for Kumagawa.
She gave him his first kiss. You want to steal a girlfriend Kumagawa?
Spoiler for kiss:

Not so good.
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 14:37   Link #11614
Clarste
Human

She thinks of him as a little brother.

Anyway, I think Ajimu's fine without a love interest. She is a million billion years old after all. She probably found true love 10,000 years ago and she's bored of it now.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 15:09   Link #11615
ccie20012

Medaka Box 88 Page 10
Old 2013-01-02, 16:46   Link #11616
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccie20012 View Post
I agree that she deserves a romantic lines.
But why is Zen?! Anshin'in clearly have feeling for Kumagawa.
She gave him his first kiss. You want to steal a girlfriend Kumagawa?
Spoiler for kiss:

Not so good.
A few bubbles later she says that she was kidding though.
Considering how she is millions of years old I even assume that she was just trolling him with that sentence and it was a straight out lie.
You need to keep it in context with the entire situation btw - meaning with the translation error and the background char comment .

Old 2013-01-02, 17:14   Link #11617
ccie20012

I know what she said. But when she told a "lie", and when the "truth"?
Maybe she lied about joke?

I think the whole context of her behavior indicates that she is not indifferent to one character (Kumagawa).
I think a pair Kumagawa x Ajimu looks very logical. Obviously that she felt for him "unknown feeling" (probably it's "love").
She treats him differently than to other characters.
In my opinion it is obvious.
Look at the embarrassed face Kumagawa.

If we drop a pair Zen x Medaka.
Forget about them. Just cross out from the list. This is a closed question.

Kumagawa x Ajimu is most logical. In the manga all hints at that.
Old 2013-01-02, 19:01   Link #11618
Sol Falling

Haha. If you take into account Ajimu's characterization at that time then it is clear she was not serious about any feelings for Kumagawa (she was planning to commit suicide). On the other hand, Kumagawa x Ajimu was clearly a very important/emotional relationship for Kumagawa way back when he was Student Council president in middle school. You could say that the romantic relationship between Kumagawa and Ajimu already happened; and is already over at this point in the story. The point when the romantic illusion of them being "special" to each other was broken passed back when Kumagawa ripped her face off.

The thing that remains now is understanding and sympathy. But Kumagawa was ultimately not the person who saved Ajimu's life, who showed her that there was something worth it to live. And Ajimu is not the person who can prove to Kumagawa that he is strong, that he can win something. Even though Kumagawa spent so many months looking for a skill which could defeat Anshin'in, in the end it was Medaka who did it. In the end, there is nothing to prove that they are special to each other. So their romance is at its end.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 19:10   Link #11619
Homura7

That and Ajimu is dead, so move on, guys.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 20:24   Link #11620
ccie20012

Sol Falling
I've always said you do not use Occam's razor.
You apply complex logic sheme in place where work very simple logic.
Let's just say, if it is assumed that:
1) Author revive Ajimu. Reason: it is an important and nice character. "Moe must live".
2) It will complete the romantic lines for all the characters (not just for the Zen x Medaka). Reason: Well, it is quite logical to do so. Although it is not mandatory.
Then: We inevitably get Kumagawa x Ajimu. Do you have other options?

We postpone this debate to the point where it will be clear to Ajimu (dead or not).

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council