AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-02-09, 02:04   Link #1861
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Hmm... I'm liking the art from ChaosRegion so far. That's a given, since the art from Shirogane no Soleil was just to my liking as well. It seems like there are three factions (or just divisions, perhaps?) for the cast... One side that's related to "Heaven", and I'm guessing the last one is somewhat related to "Hell" (hey, what can I say? The only character in the latter category looks like a succubus to me. ). I'll be looking out for this one, for sure.

And also, from the same website for the PS2 version of Shirogane no Soleil (Shirogane no Soleil -Contract to the Future-, it seems like they also have a PS2 port for Alicematic called "Shuumatsu Shoujo Gensou Alicematic -Apocalypse-". Expect the usual port bonuses and features, I guess.

<-- still pondering about Little Busters! eX...
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 09:10   Link #1862
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
The English patch fo Utawarerumono has been released~!
http://mirrormoon.org/node/239

Thank you Mirror Moon <3

So, right now this is my favorite ero-game ^^'

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Vibeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 13:10   Link #1863
MatriXX
Sho' nuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeke View Post

Thank you Mirror Moon <3

OH MY GOD, HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THIS SOONER.

*downloads*

Now I have to replay the game again just to see if I read parts wrong the first time.
MatriXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 14:30   Link #1864
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Dear usual buyers on Himeya and Paletweb, I'm begging for help here

To summary a bit my issue: I wish to buy many products in one go through Paletweb. Unfortunately, some of these are simply not available on Paletweb, and I'm not exactly thinking it might be a good idea to go wild with the "request" option. Hence, I tried to check Himeyashop, though the shipping fee is growing quite quick... Considering both shops don't sell the goods with the exact same price, I wonder if buying everything on Himeya wouldn't be a safer bet.

Here is what I would like to buy
Spoiler for shopping list:

8 items. that's nice and dandy. However, the problem to figure if buying everything on Himeya, or buying 5 on Palet + 3 on Himeya is simply... the shippingt fee.
Spoiler for Results:

As you can see, the second method has a complete unknown factor. Currently, it is $18 in difference, but I still don't know what is the additional fee.
What is worse if the fact paletweb doesn't give a proper shipping fee total until you actually make your purchase, and receiving a proper e-mail, giving out the total shipping fee. See below
Spoiler for Paletweb indication for shipping fee:

For reference, I'm living in Europe (belgium), hence the $15 for the E.M.S with insurance. It might look kinda stingy, but the total cost is reaching dangerously the limit of $284 i can afford . Also, I believe Paletweb add some interesting extra when you buy doujin from them... well kinda. (ironically, even if I pay twice a "starting shipping fee" from both shops, it might turn cheaper than "all 8 with himeya" )
Any help or indication for such cost would be really a lifesaver ^^

PS: my apologizes for this somewhat off topic post, I thought this thread would be "kinda" more appropriate than "where to buy" which is kinda more towards general in anime industry than softwares and such...

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-02-09 at 14:47.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 15:02   Link #1865
relentlessflame

*Administrator

It's been my experience that palet's shipping costs scale up very quickly. When I've ordered two items from them, my EMS cost was around $32-36 (North America), and when I ordered 3 items it was around $47. I think that's because they have some sort of calculation by weight (which is how EMS is priced to begin with). So I'm not sure how much the items weigh, but I'm guessing that, in the end, Himeya will end up being cheaper simply due to their shipping cost calculations.

Basically, Himeya eats some of the shipping costs when you order a lot (but bump up the cost of each item thanks to some extremely unfair currency exchange). Palet, on the other hand, gives you cheaper/more reasonable prices on the individual items, but charge a bit extra on the shipping to make it worth their while. So if you're ordering a few items, Palet's cheaper, but if you're ordering many items, Himeya will probably end up working in your favour.

In some cases, it's actually cheaper to use an agent instead, especially if you can find all the items at a Japanese web store for a good rate. Typically they collect a percentage of the total but only have a single fee per order, and then they charge you the actual EMS shipping cost. So, in some cases, that may be cheapest of all, but I'm not sure how it would work for your order since you have a lot of doujin items.

Anyway, in the end, I've basically come to accept that there's no cheap way to collect stuff from Japan! Hope that gives you some food for thought, but hopefully others will chime in with their opinions as well. (I am wondering, though, whether we should split it into its own thread, but I guess we'll leave it for now...)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 16:36   Link #1866
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人

Send a message via MSN to harukamae
Klash, I don't know if this will be of any help, but the Higurashi games (both question and answer arcs) can be purchased via download if you go to 07th Expansion's site - Rei will become available sometime this month. That should remove the shipping burden!
harukamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 20:38   Link #1867
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's been my experience that palet's shipping costs scale up very quickly. When I've ordered two items from them, my EMS cost was around $32-36 (North America), and when I ordered 3 items it was around $47. I think that's because they have some sort of calculation by weight (which is how EMS is priced to begin with). So I'm not sure how much the items weigh, but I'm guessing that, in the end, Himeya will end up being cheaper simply due to their shipping cost calculations.
It is quite surprising... I mean well a CD case weight is like what...? 50 g at most? (hard... might be a random number I pulled off of my brain). I wouldn't be much surprised for 1kg etc, but... 3 items resulting into 47?
*Sigh* I do wonder why approximation isn't available (because going reckless on such shop might give quite an obnoxious surprise...)
Quote:
Basically, Himeya eats some of the shipping costs when you order a lot (but bump up the cost of each item thanks to some extremely unfair currency exchange). Palet, on the other hand, gives you cheaper/more reasonable prices on the individual items, but charge a bit extra on the shipping to make it worth their while. So if you're ordering a few items, Palet's cheaper, but if you're ordering many items, Himeya will probably end up working in your favour.
I see... that's kinda what I concluded as well after reading your own experience... looks like a linear bias cost progression for himeya while it is a hyperbol for Paletweb.
Quote:
Anyway, in the end, I've basically come to accept that there's no cheap way to collect stuff from Japan! Hope that gives you some food for thought, but hopefully others will chime in with their opinions as well. (I am wondering, though, whether we should split it into its own thread, but I guess we'll leave it for now...)
Heh... That is basically what refrained me to do so until now . (I feel like my wallet will be extremely light once I will try to get my claws on LB Exctasy and Kamipani *sigh in depression*).
Quote:
Originally Posted by harukamae View Post
Klash, I don't know if this will be of any help, but the Higurashi games (both question and answer arcs) can be purchased via download if you go to 07th Expansion's site - Rei will become available sometime this month. That should remove the shipping burden!
Unfortunately, it seems that you must have a Visa, which is something I simply can't get (student, so see the problem). Furthermore... I have the stupid and insane habit to always try to get the said item physically ^^".
Good thing I'm not a "LE" crazed guy... yet...
Old 2008-02-09, 21:37   Link #1868
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Dear usual buyers on Himeya and Paletweb, I'm begging for help here

Here is what I would like to buy
Spoiler for shopping list:
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
In some cases, it's actually cheaper to use an agent instead, especially if you can find all the items at a Japanese web store for a good rate. Typically they collect a percentage of the total but only have a single fee per order, and then they charge you the actual EMS shipping cost. So, in some cases, that may be cheapest of all, but I'm not sure how it would work for your order since you have a lot of doujin items.
I'm faced with this problem a lot myself . I've used Paletweb, Amazon.jp direct, and an agent service.

Warning, long post...

My agent service of choice is Japan-Auction-Agency, since they have a very nice shipping only service, where you order from the online store yourself, have them as the address, then they only charge a very small commission based on the total price range. From what I've seen, their shipping prices are fair, and they even give you the weight of your package for you to check against prices. Of course, by that time it's too late to change your mind...

Prices in yen, unless otherwise specified...

Spoiler for JAA shipping only service to Asia:
Spoiler for JAA store service and shipping only service to Asia:
Spoiler for Amazon.jp direct:
Spoiler for Paletweb to US:

Amazingly consistent pricing between all three companies, with shipping, fees and item markups being about 40% of the total cost. The JAA shipping only service is the only cheaper one, but not by much, and only applicable if you can order everything you need from one Japanese site yourself. Everything I've gotten from these companies have been well packed as well, so no damaged items.

EDIT: Everything expect Higurashi Daybreak Kai seems to be available on Melonbooks. You'd have to wait for Clannad Full Voice to be out to use the JAA shipping only service, but that'd probably be one of the cheapest ways to get what you want.

Last edited by selkirk; 2008-02-09 at 22:06.
selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 21:40   Link #1869
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Unfortunately, it seems that you must have a Visa, which is something I simply can't get (student, so see the problem). Furthermore... I have the stupid and insane habit to always try to get the said item physically ^^".
Good thing I'm not a "LE" crazed guy... yet...
why is that a problem? they were those things out like candy when i was student.
Old 2008-02-09, 21:44   Link #1870
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
why is that a problem? they were those things out like candy when i was student.
Depends of the country as I expected. Over here, you can't get a visa until you have a regular salary which is above a certain treshold.
No charge whatsoever to get it (but usual small fee each year), but it requires to have a proper job.
Old 2008-02-09, 21:56   Link #1871
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Depends of the country as I expected. Over here, you can't get a visa until you have a regular salary which is above a certain treshold.
No charge whatsoever to get it (but usual small fee each year), but it requires to have a proper job.
out here, only requiremnet is that you are 18+

and NO FEEs

why you guy accept fees on your credit card is beyond me.
Old 2008-02-10, 17:31   Link #1872
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeke View Post

Thank you Mirror Moon <3

I finished Utawarerumono last night (the Chinese translation one) and now I really want to try the full voice PS2 edition. I know the Chinese community has already made a patch for the PS2 version (even seen screenshots of it) but I have no idea how it works since it's a PS2 game.

As for visa, I got one while I was still a student years ago. For the income requirement, I just used student loan and allowance.
p997tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 19:08   Link #1873
Hypertaost
I misspelled, it's toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by p997tt View Post
I finished Utawarerumono last night (the Chinese translation one) and now I really want to try the full voice PS2 edition. I know the Chinese community has already made a patch for the PS2 version (even seen screenshots of it) but I have no idea how it works since it's a PS2 game.
ohhh, me too, a thread on the kfc forum said to use this emulator, but it kinda didn't agree with my computer and now I'm just waiting for my friend to give back my utaware cd so I can install utaware english.
Hypertaost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 04:26   Link #1874
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Kamipani's been pushed further back to 3/28. I cry lots inside.
Old 2008-02-14, 08:10   Link #1875
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Aye. So am I.
Old 2008-02-14, 14:41   Link #1876
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
What?!?!?! Noooooooooo!!!
Old 2008-02-14, 16:24   Link #1877
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
*same reaction as Micchi*
Old 2008-02-16, 03:44   Link #1878
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Chaos Region's main character is a girl. It'll be interesting to see how that arrangement plays out. It seems like she's a full girl, since she's not freaking out in one sample cg where she's taking a bath with one of the heroines, and there's cgs where she's getting it on with other girls.

Oh and its release date's been put to April 25th.

EDIT:

According to the description, the main char had her original body stolen by someone else or something. On getchu, there's a character near the bottom that I think is the one who's currently possessing her old body, and looking at that picture and the one that's kinda darkened out on the homepage's information section, I really cannot tell if it's a girl or a really feminine-looking guy. I think it's a girl though, cause the character's quote has something like going that he/she's (boku) is a feminist so he/she (probably he originally) isn't going to do any weird things to the body.

EDIT2: Or maybe not. I'm still investigating.

So what does the text here say?

http://www.sky-fish.jp/soleil-region...gengtop5a1.jpg

EDIT3: It's a little confusing but I think I have it down, or at least one theory of it:

Spoiler:

Over time as we get closer to the release date I'm sure we'll be introduced to the rest of the characters.

Last edited by Newprimus; 2008-02-16 at 04:29.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 04:09   Link #1879
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I'm totally playing Utawarerumono with the English patch. It's totally awesome. I totally used "totally" too many times already.
Old 2008-02-16, 07:43   Link #1880
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Oooh, I got a chance to see some of Time Leap

this definately looks great.

its widescreen friendly in full screen mode. with real time 3D cel-shaded graphics.

sounds like Kousaka Tamaki from To Heart 2 is the main lead, but I did not confirm that.

it seems like it will be mild enough to be a visual novel with just skipping one or two ending scenes, since thats all I play.

I cant believe I have not heard more about this game.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel