AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-19, 21:11   Link #61
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
but my favorite villain would be Excalibur
Indeed you could call him a villian just on the fact of how annoying he is.
Old 2008-06-20, 00:34   Link #62
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Indeed you could call him a villian just on the fact of how annoying he is.
God knows plenty of people want to kill him .

But yeah I really liked Tsubaki's brother as a villain. A good guy that just walked down a dark path until he became someone that had to be stopped. If he realized that and let Tsubaki take his soul he'll stay right up there. Hard to tell if Tsubaki got a hit that killed him or that when he touched her soul he realized he had misunderstood her.
Old 2008-06-20, 00:44   Link #63
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
God knows plenty of people want to kill him .

But yeah I really liked Tsubaki's brother as a villain. A good guy that just walked down a dark path until he became someone that had to be stopped. If he realized that and let Tsubaki take his soul he'll stay right up there. Hard to tell if Tsubaki got a hit that killed him or that when he touched her soul he realized he had misunderstood her.
It appeared as though he did take some damage from the huge clash between the two. Thats how I percieved it anyways. Or maybe thats just wishful thinking on my part and I'm trying to make Tsubaki seem just that much more awesome.
Old 2008-06-20, 01:11   Link #64
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
It appeared as though he did take some damage from the huge clash between the two. Thats how I percieved it anyways. Or maybe thats just wishful thinking on my part and I'm trying to make Tsubaki seem just that much more awesome.
Either way when she decided to fight her hardest and made that declaration she was pretty damn awesome. Not to mention that charge was really impressive in itself. I'm willing to believe she did some damage since nothing there to disprove it.

Don't think it was coincidence that she got her brother's ability. Probably during that realization he decided to do the only things he could for his sister. Recognize her true feelings, give her his soul, and along with it his weapon.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2008-06-20 at 01:45.
Old 2008-06-20, 14:41   Link #65
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't think B*S is changing so much as the more people see of him, the more they like him. To me, he's the same brash l'il bugger he was in episode 1 - it's just his charms have become more apparent.
Old 2008-06-20, 14:54   Link #66
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Cut him some slack ....
Old 2008-06-20, 16:04   Link #67
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, it says as much as anything that this topic now has more posts than any of the other character discussion topics...
Old 2008-06-20, 16:14   Link #68
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Well, it says as much as anything that this topic now has more posts than any of the other character discussion topics...
None of the other characters have gotten their own mini-arc yet, so it's given that they don't have as much character development. I'd imagine the other topics will fill up if and when those happen.
Old 2008-06-20, 16:28   Link #69
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

True enough that it took a mini-arc like this to catch up with the other character discussion topics. Still really is quite nice how it went and got ahead.
Old 2008-09-16, 11:38   Link #70
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Spoiler for Ep24:
Old 2008-09-21, 05:41   Link #71
ArtCp

He is exactly like Tiax from Baldurs Gate.. lol
Old 2008-09-23, 12:40   Link #72
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

You know i used to hate Black Star ... but after reading the Manga.. he isn't so bad..
Old 2008-09-23, 13:44   Link #73
lmd_84

The manga improved my opinion of him slightly. I still think he's an example of how power and ambition shouldn't be used, but he's entertaining in a teeth-grittingly annoying kind of way. Also, him and Tsubaki as a team are lovely.
Old 2008-09-28, 07:16   Link #74
Shoko
Estelle x Yuri

Black*Star and Tsubaki are the best team !!

The Cooperative team, maybe after Kid and Thompson Sister
Old 2008-10-14, 11:09   Link #75
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
I love this team, mostly because they embody one of my favorite pairings: Naruto & Hinata.

The characters fit the motif flawlessly, with the exception that Tsubaki actually has the guts to stand up to her partner at points which I actually applaude her for since someone has to knock the idiot down a peg.
The interact the same way I always invisioned my ideal pairing would, opposite who draw off each other to at least somewhat balance out the flaws in their characters.
Just look at the mini-arc where they had to capture Tsubaki's brother, nuff said.

But aside from my pairing fantasies, they just work together. Definitely as a team, possibly as something more, but the first is all I need in terms of approval.
They compliment each other great, they're interesting enough on their own or paired(not necessarily in a romantic sense) with others, and they develop nicely.

And there's my two-cents.
Old 2008-10-16, 22:59   Link #76
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Bit curious about the talk of another presence in Tsubaki. Obviously key to mastering the Fey Blade mode and bringing their strength up another level. Though what that actually means and how they will achieve that is something I'm uncertain about. Latest fight in episode 28 just reflects how great a weapon and character Tsubaki is.

Just nice to see growth with the characters. Unlike episode 2 or even parts of the fight against Tsubaki's brother; Black Star was pretty serious throughout. Wasn't going around talking about how Big he was or goofing off while using Speed Star. Just some straightforward fighting in order to try and win this rematch. Obviously didn't get the result, but good to know when its time to be serious.

Tsubaki also did a good job asserting herself at various points. Using the smokebomb when Black Star was in a bad spot and trying to keep both sides from continuing the fight when it was clearly done.

Besides some focus on this team in an episode makes a post a worthwhile thing.
Old 2008-10-17, 17:40   Link #77
loltan

Tsubaki's hot. That means that she's the perfect too to drive confessions out of zombies with.
Old 2008-10-17, 18:02   Link #78
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

At episode 28 Mosquito do good comments about Tsubaki.

And Aracne is very similar to Tsubaki... Mother??
Old 2008-10-17, 20:19   Link #79
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

I think that's miss translation.

Arachne is the mother of all demon weapons (ie 1st creator). She's the one that first sacrificed a witch's soul to make them. I think they mention it in ep 27 i think.
Old 2008-10-17, 21:03   Link #80
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
I think that's miss translation.

Arachne is the mother of all demon weapons (ie 1st creator). She's the one that first sacrificed a witch's soul to make them. I think they mention it in ep 27 i think.
Yeah think just a reference to the line of weapons Tsubaki came from. Since she is one of the more outstanding ones there is.