Old 2011-10-10, 09:09   Link #61
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Tamayura 02 - Tamayura the Natural:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 16:14   Link #62
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I think you are correct in your motif Midonin ... I noticed the same thing from the OVA's. I am looking forward to watching ep 2, atm it has not been been subbed.
Old 2011-10-10, 17:24   Link #63
Raiga
tl;dr

Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-10, 18:27   Link #64
FireChick

I wonder if Chihiro represents touch since she likes making stuffed animals?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 18:38   Link #65
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
I wonder if Chihiro represents touch since she likes making stuffed animals?
Hmm ... didn't think of that - it is true that she is skilled with handicrafts and such. Maybe it will be clearer by the end of the series?
Old 2011-10-11, 00:51   Link #66
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Hmm... hm... hmm... dunno. The TV series has a different feeling from the OVA's. It's not necesarely bad, but I've got to accept that I liked the OVA's more. Maybe with a little more episodes it will become clearer what the director intentions are.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 19:01   Link #67
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Finally ... ep 2! Wahoo!

And yet another ep of Tamayura goodness....

But I must say ... strawberry jam on a hamburger sounds REALLY disturbing.

And I thought Norie was out of control ... I think the teacher wins the prize though. Kinda like the intro of the teacher and the okonomiyaki chef combo though. Somehow it seems ... uhh ... fitting?

Have I mentioned before how much I love this series alreadY? And how it is my favorite of the season?

Yes? I have?

Okay ... shutting up ... for the moment.

8/10 vote from me for ep 2....
Old 2011-10-13, 19:39   Link #68
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
But I must say ... strawberry jam on a hamburger sounds REALLY disturbing.
I don't know. One of my favorite breakfasts is 4 sausage patties, two covered with jalepeno jelly, one with light ranch dressing, and one by itself to cleanse the palette. Then wash it all down with dark coffee. Not really THAT different... IMNSHO
Old 2011-10-13, 19:43   Link #69
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
I don't know. One of my favorite breakfasts is 4 sausage patties, two covered with jalepeno jelly, one with light ranch dressing, and one by itself to cleanse the palette. Then wash it all down with dark coffee. Not really THAT different... IMNSHO
*cough cough cough*

Well then ... you can definitely have any portion that may have been mysteriously "allotted" to my personhood.
Old 2011-10-13, 20:01   Link #70
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Here I thought Chihiro was Fu best friend, but the wiki said the other wise, I bet Chihiro thought that of Fu. xD

Want to see Chihiro mingling with the trio, if she does visit, or maybe we get constant updates through mail (photographs with her new friends etc...), I still find episode 1 a bit bitter, because of the departure.
Old 2011-10-13, 20:06   Link #71
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
So Chihiro is the best friend and these 3 girls are the childhood friend?

I hope Chihiro makes a appearances, because their departure was so sweet
Actually the whistling girl and the crazy energetic girl are later friends. Kaoru and the older sister are childhood friends.

Also kinda hoping for Chihiro to pop up again, though....
Old 2011-10-13, 22:04   Link #72
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Potte being adorable as always. What was Momoneko doing? Sensei was strange but had his heart in the right place. Nice sleepover to round it out.
Old 2011-10-14, 01:00   Link #73
Sol Falling

lol, what the heck. After I found the OVAs a bit weak last week (plain animation, direction that lingered just a smidgeon too long on empty fluffiness, and rather one-dimensional characterization) I thought this ep. 2 was also starting out a bit too slowly. Then, bam, we get near the end and I end up crying a bit again, lol. I guess I know now that ep. 1 wasn't a fluke :P.

Yeah, a good episode. Also, it appears I have an innate attraction to girls with Maon's haircut. lol, yeah random.

I think Momoneko was scratching its back, if you're referring to the shot of it moving/rolling around in the first half of the episode.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 09:23   Link #74
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
....What was Momoneko doing?....

For some reason when I read this I immediately thought: "No doubt this is one of those unanswerable mysteries that many shall endeavor to discover and all shall fail miserably in unearthing...."
Old 2011-10-14, 10:53   Link #75
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
This anime does "heartwarming" exceptionally well, and after Episode 2, it is now established as one of my five "A-List" titles for the season (granted that it's unfortunately not getting anywhere near the attention of the other four on that list ).

I shared some of Sol's concerns over this anime potentially losing a lot of its emotional power after that incredibly moving first episode, but the second episode put those concerns completely to rest.

I don't always want to cry, but when I do, I turn to Tamayura ~Hitotose~.
Stay tearful, my friends.
Old 2011-10-14, 11:17   Link #76
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

@Triple_R

I see that Tamayura ~Hitotose~ is one of your favorite, it might also be for mine, depends if Fu will meet her city friend once more and what chances occurred in their lives.

Do you've any recommendation that similar in theme and tone as "Tamayura ~Hitotose~"? or Iroha?
Old 2011-10-14, 11:31   Link #77
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
@Triple_R

I see that Tamayura ~Hitotose~ is one of your favorite, it might also be for mine, depends if Fu will meet her city friend once more and what chances occurred in their lives.

Do you've any recommendation that similar in theme and tone as "Tamayura ~Hitotose~"? or Iroha?
Hmm ... if you will pardon me for "butting in" like this, but on looking at your anime listings I did not see the Aria trilogy listed (maybe I overlooked it?).

If you have not seen the three seasons of Aria that might be a good choice for material similar to Tamayura - Hitotose....
Old 2011-10-14, 11:40   Link #78
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Probably Kamichu. I'd also consider Figure 17. They both have the same rural Japan countryside, slice of life feeling to it. Figure 17 has some added sci fi action too! (wait what?) It's not bad though, and it remains one of the best series I've seen to date.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 12:51   Link #79
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
@Triple_R

Truth be told, Flower and Proto are likely much more knowledgeable about slice of life anime than I am, so I'd go with their advice first.

However, here are a couple added suggestions...

True Tears - Another Okada work, since you mentioned Hanasaku Iroha. Mostly about love conflicts, with serious romance drama. It does have a lot of nice lighthearted moments in the first half though.

Saki - For the simple reason that Fu is a bit similar to the titular character Saki Miyanaga, imo. Saki is a sports anime, though, with over-the-top competitions.

Truth be told, Tamayura ~Hitotose~ is almost an one-of-a-kind for me. Most "cute girls doing cute things" shows feel less down-to-Earth and real to me than this one does.
Old 2011-10-14, 13:01   Link #80
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Hmm ... if you will pardon me for "butting in" like this, but on looking at your anime listings I did not see the Aria trilogy listed (maybe I overlooked it?).

If you have not seen the three seasons of Aria that might be a good choice for material similar to Tamayura - Hitotose....
Aria the Animation? I watch a few episodes before, it was light hearted, but hard to connect with, because of the setting (future planet surrounding etc...).

I might give it another try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Probably Kamichu. I'd also consider Figure 17. They both have the same rural Japan countryside, slice of life feeling to it. Figure 17 has some added sci fi action too! (wait what?) It's not bad though, and it remains one of the best series I've seen to date.
Stop watching Kamichu, after a recent move. Thanks for the reminder.

Figure 17 is one of my favorites, the bond and development between the sisters was emotionally heart drenching and sad, near the end...

Regarding the sci-fi, its very cliche and it feels like a side plot at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
However, here are a couple added suggestions...

True Tears - Another Okada work, since you mentioned Hanasaku Iroha. Mostly about love conflicts, with serious romance drama. It does have a lot of nice lighthearted moments in the first half though.

Saki - For the simple reason that Fu is a bit similar to the titular character Saki Miyanaga, imo. Saki is a sports anime, though, with over-the-top competitions.

Truth be told, Tamayura ~Hitotose~ is almost an one-of-a-kind for me. Most "cute girls doing cute things" shows feel less down-to-Earth and real to me than this one does.
True Tears, I've been avoiding it for sometime, but I do know the ending and its not what I wanted. Is it more sad and emotional than "Rumbling Hearts"?

Saki, hmm I didn't get the fundamental of the game, they were playing...

thanks guys/gals.

Tags
iyashikei, slice of life