AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-06, 22:00   Link #1
Nerroth
NePoi!

Straight Title Robot Anime

Despite the impression you may get from the image above, Straight Title Robot Anime (or Chokkyū Hyōdai Robot Anime, if you prefer) is mainly about three non-combat robots, Fujii, Katō, and Mori; trapped in a future world which has no more humans but still with plenty of war to go around, they try to find a way to bring the fighting to an end while researching the data archives detailing the ins and outs of their now-extinct creators.

There is character art and other info (in Japanese) on the offical website, while the Western streaming for the series is being handled by Crunchyroll (who posted the first episode earlier today).

For my part, the first episode reminded me a little of the format used in Gdgd Fairies; the far-future setting there more to serve as a backdrop for the three main characters' social interactions (and occasional ad-libbing on the part of their voice actresses) than anything. Stil, it seems interesting so far.
Old 2013-02-06, 22:37   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

I want to check this one out as soon as possible. By tomorrow morning. gdgd is a sleeper hit of the season for me, and a sci-fi(-ish) take on the same concept sounds like a lot of fun.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 22:43   Link #3
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Wow.......... I'll never watch it...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 22:57   Link #4
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

The title is very...straightforward

So, a kind maid who never did work as a maid, a cool but tsundere librarian, and a silent factory worker and the only one equipped with military tools.

btw
Quote:
製作:こういうときどういう顔していいのか分からな委員会
damn I lol'd
Old 2013-02-06, 23:14   Link #5
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Looks to much like Miku Hatsune in a robot form
Old 2013-02-07, 00:16   Link #6
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Looks to much like Miku Hatsune in a robot form
Nah, this one is XD
Old 2013-02-07, 02:41   Link #7
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
where have i heard of this premise before? from some old novel? about robots becoming our sucessors running on our world after we're gone instead of planet of the apes or tree swinging octopuses from Discovery Channel's the Future is Wild?

& heck those combat robots's designs looked like several 80's era Sunrise shows's mecha design rejects
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 09:05   Link #8
Midonin
Last Engage

Yep, definitely a robot version of gdgd. They even have a simulation room. But I enjoyed the first episode.
Old 2013-02-07, 18:36   Link #9
Nerroth
NePoi!

All they need is one other regular cast member, and they could do their own cover of a certain Kraftwerk classic:

If only I was able to go to one of their events over at the Tate Modern:

Last edited by Nerroth; 2013-02-07 at 18:48.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 11:00   Link #10
Midonin
Last Engage

Like gdgd, the ending was more serious than the rest of the series, but here, there was no twist. There was no krkr's dream that opens up the potential for another season. Laughter was found, but it came at the price of shutting the last inhabitants of the Earth down for good. I did like that the narrator turned out to be an actual character, but that ending, man... I'll miss these girls. Mori in particular, she had a great personality. The final episode gave the series a nice last push of poignancy. And again, made me think that just because something is cheaply 3D animated, that doesn't mean it can't have impact.
Old 2013-04-24, 11:57   Link #11
Destined_Fate

Well..

This is different. Reminds me of Virtual On! in a way.

Or the SDG Romance of the Kingdoms series.

At least as far as the concept of talking giant robots that is.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 13:46   Link #12
Gravitas Free Zone

The ending was unexpectedly serious. Sure, their plan to stop the war with laughter would have consequences, but that was more of a downer than I wanted from what was a very light series for the other eleven episodes.

On the whole, though, I liked the series, and it did a decent job for something so simply made.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 20:16   Link #13
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Worst anime I have ever watched and I have seen some extremely deplorable trash. Bad comedy, bad music, bad dialogue, and the ending was just a bad attempt a shock value. I gave this series a chance and the only thing I got was for the first time I could give an anime a 1/10. Just.... Ugh.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 20:41   Link #14
Cirno
Eye'm the strongest

Weird title...
Cirno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 22:27   Link #15
Nerroth
NePoi!

After seeing the ending, I was left with one thought:
Spoiler for ending:
Old 2013-05-30, 07:43   Link #16
Sol Falling

Wow, that ending. Only picked up this series now 'cause I was looking for stuff with Arakawa Miho (Katou, and Himari from Mawaru Penguindrum) in it...the fact that this was another show in the vein of GDGD fairies with the same director, and even had Rumi Ookubo sealed it for me. I certainly had a good time in general, but do have to admit the conclusive ending is disappointing.

On the other hand, I do think the conclusion brought a lot of great stuff together, and had a lot of impact. I would love to inflict this series on fellow anime fans for some good times and a bit of light trolling...too bad I think you'd have to be into seiyuu to fully enjoy this stuff.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote