AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-09-14, 18:39   Link #121
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
That's true.
But the author could always use one of these other 4 options.

Option 1 Teiichi diees because of the curse or for some reason. He and Yuuko become the pair of ghosts that haunt the school creating a new mystery/s.

Option 2Yuuko comes to life ( for some reason.)once all the mysteries have been solved.

Option 3 Kirie and Yuuko share the body for some reason

Option 4 Once solved the mysteries Yuuko gets a new chance of life in her time and meets an ancestor of Teiichi which is the same as him .
While in the present Teiichi and Kirie become a couple. (After some time of course)
And in the end we discover that Kirie is Yuuko reincarnated

But I sincerely feel that in the end Yuuko will moved on and Teiichi and Kirie will become a couple.
Especially after I saw that Kirie with long hair is almostthe perfect copy of Yuuko (well give her another few years of course).
I hope its option 1, I want to see a happy ending for Yuuko, even if it means Teiichi dying and becoming a ghost to be with her.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 18:51   Link #122
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I'll take options 1 and 2. I don't want to think that Teiichi would end up with someone rather than Yuuko. A happy ending for both of them
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 21:05   Link #123
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

My vote is on Yuuko moving on and her soul being reborn in Teiichi and Kirie's daughter. Kirie is definitely related to Yuuko.
Old 2011-09-14, 21:25   Link #124
ellifeedn
Thinker

...So you want an incestuous relationship to happen?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 21:53   Link #125
yuzen003

Kirie looks like Yuuko, but their personalities are pretty far apart. If Yuuko does move on I'd prefer Teiichi date someone completely different rather then date Kirie because of a superficial resemblance to Yuuko. In chapter 18 he seemed to be unwilling to even acknowledge the idea of replacing Yuuko with Kirie, he just looked at Kirie as if she was insane for even suggesting it. That chapter served to establish that Yuuko is basically irreplaceable to Teiichi so I don't like the idea that somewhere down the line he would decide that since Yuuko is gone he would date her look alike grand niece.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 01:49   Link #126
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzen003 View Post
Kirie looks like Yuuko, but their personalities are pretty far apart. If Yuuko does move on I'd prefer Teiichi date someone completely different rather then date Kirie because of a superficial resemblance to Yuuko. In chapter 18 he seemed to be unwilling to even acknowledge the idea of replacing Yuuko with Kirie, he just looked at Kirie as if she was insane for even suggesting it. That chapter served to establish that Yuuko is basically irreplaceable to Teiichi so I don't like the idea that somewhere down the line he would decide that since Yuuko is gone he would date her look alike grand niece.
Look I agree with you.
What I said is what I think will happen and not what I want to happen.
But if I have to say what I want it to happen ,then is the same thing that you guys want.
Whic is YuukoXTeiichi if is for option 1 or 2 that I said I do not care, as long as both earn their happy ending.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 03:35   Link #127
mols

Well, if Yuuko does disappear it would not be strange at all for Teiichi to fall for someone else, even Kirie. Why not? it would be sad if he got stuck the rest of his life without a girlfriend. He is young, so I don't see the problem.
mols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 07:32   Link #128
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
...So you want an incestuous relationship to happen?
Huh? I never said the reborn Yuuko would get with Teiichi. If you want clarification, she wouldn't. While this has been romance related, it is also about companionship and having a place to belong. I can't think of any better way to give that to a spirit than to be reborn into a loving family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mols View Post
Well, if Yuuko does disappear it would not be strange at all for Teiichi to fall for someone else, even Kirie. Why not? it would be sad if he got stuck the rest of his life without a girlfriend. He is young, so I don't see the problem.
Exactly, he is young. And no girl would "replace" Yuuko. It would just be a girl who is different. I think Kirie would be a good fit since we wouldn't have to spend time establishing a new character or risk the event of being pissed off since a girl out of no where who has no development get's Teiichi.
Old 2011-09-15, 08:45   Link #129
yuzen003

Quote:
Look I agree with you.
What I said is what I think will happen and not what I want to happen.
But if I have to say what I want it to happen ,then is the same thing that you guys want.
Whic is YuukoXTeiichi if is for option 1 or 2 that I said I do not care, as long as both earn their happy ending.
I like options 1 or 2, but I'm just of the opinion if Yuuko moves on I would be happier if Teiichi doesn't go back to an option he rejected several chapters back. I would rather it show he's moved on and is willing to date other people or be so dedicated that he continues to hold a torch for her no matter how much time passes. Just my opinion but I feel Kirie would just be a consolation prize and am holding out hope that there is a YuukoxTeiichi ending (with reincarnation there may even be a YuukoxTeiichi ending if she does move on).
Old 2011-09-15, 08:50   Link #130
mols

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Huh? I never said the reborn Yuuko would get with Teiichi. If you want clarification, she wouldn't. While this has been romance related, it is also about companionship and having a place to belong. I can't think of any better way to give that to a spirit than to be reborn into a loving family.

Exactly, he is young. And no girl would "replace" Yuuko. It would just be a girl who is different. I think Kirie would be a good fit since we wouldn't have to spend time establishing a new character or risk the event of being pissed off since a girl out of no where who has no development get's Teiichi.
Exactly, and they get along well already.
But I don't really mind any kind of ending as long as it does not feel "tailored" just to end the series.
mols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 19:08   Link #131
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
GOT ****ING DARNIT, Yuuko is just so loveable ! If I was Niiya, I'd say "HELL YES I would die for you", then precede to jump from the top of the school building =03.

Honestly, I know it would be an issue at some point, but Niiya is still a 1st year; he has 2 good years to go. I don't really see the reasoning in wondering what Niiya's going to do when he graduates; he's got so much time left in the story.

As for how it ends, I think a more bittersweet ending would suit the series better with Yuuko moving on and Teiichi keeping her in that special place of his heart, but still moving on and not stagnating on any future romances because of it. I'd be content with an ending similiar to TTGL's Simon & Nia; sad, but still heartwarming feelings from both sides with no regrets.

Quote:
Option 2Yuuko comes to life ( for some reason.)once all the mysteries have been solved.
Option 2 would be a cop-out imo. Ghosts turning real is outside the scope of "realism" for this story.

Last edited by frubam; 2011-09-16 at 07:06. Reason: 2nd paragraph makes sense now (>.>)...
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 00:12   Link #132
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I agree that option 2 would feel a bit off within the lore of Tasogare. The only remotely possible action could be that Kirie's grandma does something like a "counter"-ritual to exchange lifes, BUT even that would be too fantasy/magic-like.

In the end, I am fine with almost anything that's not a bad ending. Yuuko did ask (maybe part-jokingly) if Niiya would die (for her) and I would have liked to see her geniune reaction if Niiya had said "Yes".

@bitter-sweet end: Wouldn't him dieing for her sake count as it somehwat? Like to choose death to be with his love whom only Kirie and him could see/sense in the first place. Sure, it's a happy end in terms of romance/couples, but not a "global" one mayhaps.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 00:37   Link #133
alvx

nah happy ending tends to be forgotten.. just an opinion so forgive me if you beg to differ. here's my ending ha ha ha ha hopefully not a possible spoiler well no assumtions i ever make come ture anyways. yuuko anticipates yada... he solve the 7 mysteries and yada he doesn't die .. (use ur imagination help me ou)t.. heart touching moments she tells him there might be one day when you wont be able to see me anymore never thought it'll be so soon or whatever you go bak and fill it. there's a time skip and teiichi is now a grandpa reminiscing and tell his grand kids or some random stranger about his youthful days and his old love yuuko. they probably laugh then teiichi laughs too then they leave and he sees her then have moments like in episode 3 of psychic detective yakumo. it made so much more sense in my head.
alvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 20:53   Link #134
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I suspect that the Curse of the Seven Mysteries is not a real curse, and Yuuko just knows that Teiichi might be putting himself at a greater risk every time each of the Seven Mysteries is solved, and the ultimate risk is death.

We don't know how the Curse works, but I really hope it can be "foiled".

EDIT: Maigo has already posted updates on Chapter 27.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maigo Scans
Waiting on translations. Cleans are pretty much done. Still needs bubbling/dusting/redraw. 50 page chapter this time.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 21:40   Link #135
ellifeedn
Thinker

Did Teiichi really solve the 13 staircase mystery?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 21:55   Link #136
yuzen003

Teiichi probably didn't as the bottom of the staircase he found didn't have anything to do with Yuuko (all the mysteries have been linked to Yuuko thus far so it is the working hypothesis until something proves it is incorrect). Kirie may have solved the mystery with the second staircase and the hidden room (there is a old style uniform like Yuuko's in there so that is bit of confirmation and obviously Yuuko's sister/Kirie's grandmother was in there).
Old 2011-10-09, 21:59   Link #137
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Echoing yuzen003's response, this is probably the first case that Teiichi did not really solve. It was Kirie who found the Interdimensional 13 Steps... and I wonder if Kirie would eventually reconsider her priorities and expose the existence of that secret room.

But knowing Kirie, I don't think that will happen, but I'm pretty sure that we'll know more about Kirie's grandmother and her relationship with Yuuko on that juicy 50-page chapter.

EDIT: Maigo has already received the translations, and we should be expecting the release of the 50-page Chapter 27 within this week.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2011-10-11 at 01:02.
Old 2011-11-03, 00:24   Link #138
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Welp, I hope double-posting is allowed as long as it is two weeks apart.

Seems that Maigo is a bit slow with their release. They already have raws for Chapter 28, and Chapter 27 is about 80% done when it comes to final cleaning. (This excludes quality checks, by the way.)

Any expectations on what to expect on the next chapter?

Also, I managed to download a copy of the Audio Drama CD, and it features the main four cast (and Shadow Yuuko) in voice! It's not translated (although Maiden's Heart and Evening's Sky has been released with English subs by a small group), but it is amusing and exciting how they sound. Now if only an anime series will be green lit based on the manga... *is hoping*

Old 2011-11-04, 16:23   Link #139
yuzen003

27 is out, kind of interested in what Yuuko's grudge would be

Last edited by yuzen003; 2011-11-04 at 19:33.
Old 2011-11-04, 18:04   Link #140
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Yeah. I can't wait for the next chapter what would be the grudge that made her cry like that.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural