AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

View Poll Results: Kaname vs. Tessa
Kaname 472 57.07%
Tessa 355 42.93%
Voters: 827. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-11, 04:47   Link #41
AlanWan881

Cool

I would definitely go for kaname. The personality she has is so special that I just like it. And i hope u guys will have no question about sousuke choosing kaname in the end.
Old 2006-01-12, 04:53   Link #42
alfred_62

i would choose tessa.
y?
I love her hair, i love the way she speaks the way she blush the way her whole character is!!!!
Old 2006-01-13, 04:46   Link #43
combat kitten

Tessa... she is like a cat i guess 0.o her voice and her fluffly hair, and the way she twirls her hair with her finger, reminds me of a cat twirling their tail.
Chidori is like a puppy, violent, loud, but loving ^-^

Tessa's personality scares me though... she looks timid and innocent, but she is abit evil... when it comes to winning sousuke that is ^^;
Old 2006-01-14, 00:04   Link #44
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Hang in there, Tessa :|
Kawaii girls are the best. Prefferable over the "accident waiting to happen" type of girl. (Don't get upset, though. Personal opinion <_<)

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2006-01-15, 20:59   Link #45
jeyore
Class 1-A Topnotcher

Send a message via Yahoo to jeyore
Kaname. I go for the typical type because they make the guys fall without even doin anything. Kaname is very vocal though annoying sometimes but She's the only one who got a grip of Sosuke's heart by being bossy and all. She's just herself, unlike Tessa who's like a kid (she's very cute though) and looks sickly. Tessa has lot of hesitations of being herself.
Old 2006-01-16, 05:39   Link #46
Paracelsus

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife
Kaname FTW.

This shouldn't even be questioned.

She knows Sousuke best, and is the only one he completely disregards everything for. Without Kaname he loses his reason to live.
Correct, they match each other perfectly. I still haven't completely got when Tessa started to love Sousuke nonetheless <_<
Old 2006-01-19, 02:32   Link #47
lordjuggernaut
Earl of Yakumon-shire

ai ay..... CAPITAN!!! Tessa-Taijou all the way..... seems more like a high school girl ....with serious power issues........suppose you could say..... as in many other romance anime.. the main character always ends up with the main lead.. that is chidori X Sagara.... but!! there are others who fall for the male as well... soo..... she just represents the what if situation....... whoo wee.....
as for chidori... she is cute in her own way... idiosyncratic at times.... but still..... i cannot see why she'd fall for a stoic bugger that is sagara..
Old 2006-01-19, 06:00   Link #48
Chimble
Minus the Aglets

Hmmmm...I’d have to say that I like Tessa better. I find it hard to take Kaname seriously, because a great deal of Full Metal Panic!’s comedy results directly from her interactions with Sousake (when I say ‘interactions’, I basically mean Kaname beating Sousake over the head with her harisen* ). To be honest, when I watch Full Metal Panic!, I’m more interested in the plot, action, and mech battles than the light comedy (I admit though, the light comedy does balance things out nicely a lot of the time).

Don’t get me wrong. Watching Tessa can be funny too, what with her clumsiness and all. But I still think it’s easier to take her more seriously than Kaname; maybe this is partly because of her authority as a submarine captain. And like I said, I prefer the serious side of FMP! to the comedic side. In terms of gaining my respect, Tessa wins outright.

Plus, although Tessa seems a bit hesitant and indecisive (e.g. her reluctance to order a missile strike in episode 3 of FMP), she can also be pretty shrewd and gutsy. And hey, when it comes to liking fictional characters, I reckon that we sometimes admire them for their flaws as well as their strengths, because we can identify with them. I definitely prefer Tessa’s hesitance to Kaname’s brash style. You gotta admit it; sometimes Kaname can take up a somewhat in-your-face attitude, which can get annoying. Sure, she’s strong and independent, but that doesn’t mean she has to yell at poor Sousake all the time!

Mind you, this post is just my opinion. Feel free to challenge my views, and show no mercy!

PS.- I should mention that I only started watching FMP! a week ago. But since then, I’ve watched all of the original FMP! series, FMP?: Fumoffu (minus the episodes that were edited out when first broadcasted on Japanese TV) and FMP!: The Second Raid. I estimate that I’ve watched more anime in the past 7 days than in the past 3 years! (I’m a bit of an anime n00b, but FMP! is downright addictive). Good thing I’ve got so much free time on my hands

*The ‘harisen’ is that long folding paper fan thingy that Kaname likes to wield throughout the series. I think.
Old 2006-01-22, 03:16   Link #49
Edaindil

I like Kaname better cause she seems more realistic and woman-ish while Tessa is still like a child even though she's suppose to be way ahead of her actual age. She reminds me of Mihama Chiyo from Azumanga Daioh. Cute but not attractive.
Old 2006-01-22, 08:51   Link #50
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edaindil
I like Kaname better cause she seems more realistic and woman-ish while Tessa is still like a child even though she's suppose to be way ahead of her actual age. She reminds me of Mihama Chiyo from Azumanga Daioh. Cute but not attractive.
Tessa not attractive?? Ok, probably tastes differ
Tessa a child?? Like a child can command a submarine crew effectively I find her leadership qualities beyond the scope of a child's intelligence
And there's nothing wrong with acting like one sometimes
Old 2006-01-22, 13:42   Link #51
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Kaname more realistic and woman-ish? Right cause real woman physically abuse guys they like for doing something wrong even though he knows better -.- Some probly do but most likely not the majority here Although if your going purely on how they look then I can agree with that.

Tessa CAN act childish at times sure but when she NEEDS to be she can be mature. If your talking about the way they act and comport themselves then Tessa definately is more womanly and mature then Kaname.
Old 2006-01-22, 17:36   Link #52
Edaindil

Haha in terms of hitting Sagara a lot, Kaname definitely is unreal, and so is Sagara constantly blowing stuff up at school, no real person keeps on doing it. I just dismissed these things as comical exaggerations for effect and not real contribution to character.
In terms of "woman-ish", I was trying to say that Kaname has more self-control and composure. Kaname can let go and forgive/understand emotionally stressing situation better while Tessa often let her emotions get the better of her. I'm not saying Tessa is always like that because at the end of TSR, she obviously showed a lot of strength and generosity. It's just that Kaname is more... *fill in what you think I'm trying to say*

P.S. Out of Kaname, Tessa, and Mao, I actually Mao the best. She kinda of remind me of Faye Valentine
Old 2006-01-23, 03:41   Link #53
lordjuggernaut
Earl of Yakumon-shire

ahh... mao is like faye valentine..... mao is the perfect foil to kurz.. as faye to...errmmmmm no one!!! mao shouldnt even come up in this thread.....

tessa.....tessa, tessa....perhaps its just anime chicks with white hair.... they seem cuter yet as mature... not saying i don't like chidori but if i had to choose... i'd go for the lady with power!!!!

on another note... do all whispereds have diff hair colours from the norm....
as i noticed ... only chidori, tessa and the unknown girl from ep 1 of fmp had odd coloured hair..

btw i have only watced fmp and fumoffu.. tsr in the bt list
Old 2006-01-23, 13:57   Link #54
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Haha in terms of hitting Sagara a lot, Kaname definitely is unreal, and so is Sagara constantly blowing stuff up at school, no real person keeps on doing it. I just dismissed these things as comical exaggerations for effect and not real contribution to character.
In terms of "woman-ish", I was trying to say that Kaname has more self-control and composure. Kaname can let go and forgive/understand emotionally stressing situation better while Tessa often let her emotions get the better of her. I'm not saying Tessa is always like that because at the end of TSR, she obviously showed a lot of strength and generosity. It's just that Kaname is more... *fill in what you think I'm trying to say*
Im talking in the context of the anime, Sagara is a mercenary whose fought for his entire life. Fighting is all hes known so you cant expect him to be able to settle down as a normal high school kid, its like putting Kaname on a battlefield and expect her to act like a professional soldier.

As for self control and behaviour that still goes to Tessa. Sure Kaname can let go and forgive Sousuke but thats AFTER she gives into her anger and beats him with her Harisen or whatever. I classify that as a lack of self control

hm... It's just that Kaname is more... stacked no clue what your trying to say so I just filled in the only thing Kaname beats Tessa in terms of being more "womanly", shes got a nice figure
Old 2006-01-23, 21:11   Link #55
kujoe
from head to heel

This is probably just a matter of semantics, but I hardly find Tessa womanly.

I would say that she's more feminine than Chidori, but deep inside I still think of her as a "grown-up" girl. Because she's the captain, it seems as if she was somewhat forced to mature faster, but that doesn't change the fact that she's still the quirky, little sis character type she's portrayed to be. That kind of mix makes her likeable.

Chidori's vibe on the other hand, makes her come off as a girl on her road to womanhood. She may have faults of her own--such as being butch for some, too assertive for others, short-tempered, etc.--but she also has her own warmer and unwavering side, which wins her a lot of fans.

However, if it's women we're talking about here--there's no one else like Mao.
Old 2006-01-24, 17:04   Link #56
Edaindil

wow kujoe read my mind lol
Old 2006-01-25, 14:06   Link #57
morningstar007

I like Kaname more though I will admit, personality wise, I am much closer to Tessa. Kinda clumsy and childish. Oh well. I like Kaname because she's so proud and fiery but also warm, brave and vulnerable.
And also I keep thinking that there is also this tragic side to her also. In FMP seems to have two different worlds: one is the military world that Sousuke and Mithril belong to. And the other is the civilian aspect with Tokyo and Jindai.
After COMO, I think she realizes that she doesn't really belong to either of those worlds. Because she's a civilian, she doesn't really fit into Sousuke's military lifestyle since she can't really fight....yet. And because she's a Whispered, she realizes she'll be targeted all her life which would put all her friends in danger, so she can't stay in Tokyo.
Can't help but feel a little bad for her. But that's just how I see it.
Old 2006-01-26, 00:04   Link #58
Animoid
So what?

Send a message via ICQ to Animoid
I choose Kaname. I can't explain this... Just take a look on my avatar
Old 2006-01-26, 01:33   Link #59
full_metal_sousuke

Send a message via AIM to full_metal_sousuke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animoid
I choose Kaname. I can't explain this... Just take a look on my avatar
haha riiiite. i choose kaname, just look at my sig
:edited- never mind i changed my sig so dont worry

Last edited by full_metal_sousuke; 2006-01-29 at 06:10.
Old 2006-01-28, 11:19   Link #60
passin'gass
Cropduster

A question...

Did Tessa really admit her love for Sousuke with the entire submarine/strike force listening? Or just the last part?

This was in FMP:TSR when she was questioning her third-in-command's loyalty (loading Arbalest in the launch tube against orders)

I really REALLY hope that they reintroduce that pink-haired Whispered Sousuke rescued back in FMP ep.1 next season. Then we'll have a Classic Love Triangle!!! (holy Shuffle! batman)
Closed Thread