AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-18, 15:36   Link #321
pampz21
ShipCore

I just now guess why Shion was call a treacherous, evil and unjust.....it was probably that...and the real story will be the travels of Ryner and Ferris

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 16:26   Link #322
Sotobrastos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
well that maybe it...but base on their conversation in ep1 she thinks Ryner's a hentai....it mostly give that kind of impression on ur first meeting.....probably Ryner's gunna do something hentaish tehe^^
Sounded more like Ferris is just teasing him, it's not based on anything he actually did.
Sotobrastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 18:00   Link #323
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
It's too troublesome for him to perform hentai-ish acts... that's the type of person he is...

sometimes his lay back attitude is a bit extreme...

Though I think he's gotten more sociable now that he has met Eris.

Last edited by Mizuno; 2010-07-18 at 18:40.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 21:33   Link #324
Jarmel

Wow, this has actually been pretty good so far. They haven't held back on the deaths which is almost always a good sign.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 21:59   Link #325
lightbringer
M9000

Yeah, it was somewhat gory. But actually nobody important has really died yet. The friends from the academy were just upgraded red shirts
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 22:33   Link #326
larethian

As a Wikipedian, albeit a very inactive one these days, I must attempt to shed some light and dispel some myths about what Wikipedia is and is not. This debate about "spoilers" in Wikipedia entries (w.r.t. novels, TV series, books, etc. etc.) has been going on for years among Wikipedians and is still probably ongoing. But the general consensus is that Wikipedia is meant to be an Online Encyclopedia, and articles that use a "write-around" approach, or written in any manner by omitting details Purposefully (such as with the Intention of not "spoiling" a story) violates the "encyclopedic" nature of Wikipedia. Having plot details in a Wikipedia article is hence entirely acceptable under the guidelines of Wikipedia. The bulk of the debate these days is about having spoiler tags vs not having them. That, in itself, is a complicated subject, due to various difficulties, subjective interpretations of spoilers, dependencies of content, whether it adheres to the true spirit of Wikipedia, etc. etc. I would not even want to go on. It will be greatly appreciated if the community refrains (I can't really stop you though :P) from posting subjective opinions on Wikipedia without a comprehensive understanding on Wikipedia's editing guidelines. Thank you.

In short, if you need a synopsis or review without spoilers, go to a more appropriate site and not to Wikipedia and expect information without spoilers! For Denyuden, it's official site has tons of good information (http://www.denyuden.jp/index2.html), with relationship charts, maps for every epsiodes, synopsis for next episode and etc. etc. This may not be the best solution, but you can run Google translate on most of the pages since it's not flash-based website.

Cheers!
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 22:55   Link #327
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Wow this actually was pretty awesome. Man this season has some pretty solid shows! HOTD, Shiki, Occult academy, and there's still some shows I still haven't watched!!
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 23:12   Link #328
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
It will be greatly appreciated if the community refrains (I can't really stop you though :P) from posting subjective opinions on Wikipedia without a comprehensive understanding on Wikipedia's editing guidelines. Thank you.
As a former Wikipedia editor myself, I can tell you that most of the content in anime/TV series/popular culture articles at Wikipedia is fancruft, original research, or in-universe writing that ought to be purged if those articles shall ever be taken seriously. Unfortunately, Wikipedia is overrun by lemmings who will defend their fancruft religiously. However, this is not the right venue to discuss that...

It would also be greatly appreciated if you did not make assumptions about whether or not people here have comprehensive understanding of Wikipedia policy - we have a number of Wikipedians here (all that fancruft has to come from somewhere ). There's also nothing subjective about that opinion - it is a fact that currently the DnYnD article over there contains major spoilers that most readers of this thread would be well advised to avoid, regardless of whether it's in the spirit of Wikipedia or not. Of course, most of us already know to avoid Wikipedia because these things happen
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 00:36   Link #329
Sep

I've got a question about episode 3. Kiefer told Ryner she betrayed everyone when they were in the jail cell. I'm guessing that's what that flare like magic she did was, alerting the enemy to their position. Why did she do that? Was it to get revenge on Roland for killing her sisers? I don't really know why she would want to get her friends killed. If this wasn't the case, why was she in jail? Was it because she was from a family of spies?
Sep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 00:41   Link #330
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sep View Post
I've got a question about episode 3. Kiefer told Ryner she betrayed everyone when they were in the jail cell. I'm guessing that's what that flare like magic she did was, alerting the enemy to their position. Why did she do that? Was it to get revenge on Roland for killing her sisers? I don't really know why she would want to get her friends killed. If this wasn't the case, why was she in jail? Was it because she was from a family of spies?
They were blackmailing her with her younger sister but she didn't know the younger sister was already dead. She was probably in jail so some of the higher-ups who blackmailed her could cover their own ass.
Old 2010-07-19, 00:49   Link #331
Sep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
They were blackmailing her with her younger sister but she didn't know the younger sister was already dead. She was probably in jail so some of the higher-ups who blackmailed her could cover their own ass.
That makes sense. What about the part where she told Ryner she betrayed everyone? It looked like she basically set up a flare on their position with that magic. I can't figure out why she did that.
Old 2010-07-19, 00:53   Link #332
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sep View Post
That makes sense. What about the part where she told Ryner she betrayed everyone? It looked like she basically set up a flare on their position with that magic. I can't figure out why she did that.
She did because again they were blackmailing her.
Old 2010-07-19, 00:55   Link #333
Sep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
She did because again they were blackmailing her.
Oh wow I'm stupid, I don't know how I missed that. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 2010-07-19, 01:21   Link #334
larethian

@lightbringer

I certainly did make assumptions on some people here do not have comprehensive understanding of Wikipedia policy, but definitely Not Towards Everybody. It's just that there are some posts here in this thread which carries the opinion that Wikipedia "should" not contain spoilers. Perhaps you understood me wrongly, as I'm not referring to statements on " whether it already contains spoilers or not" as opinions, but rather to opinions about "what Wikipedia Should or Should Not contain".

It's indeed a good idea to warn the ignorant about Wiki's spoilers, but even without warnings, people should remember that Wikipedia is first and foremost meant to be an encyclopedia, and should not be blamed for spoiling the story for those who chose to visit it, regardless whether they have seen the warnings in this thread or not.

However, sadly, I do agree that most of these in-universe articles are poorly written by fans and lacking verifiable citations (especially the Japanese wiki, from what I see). But I did come across some responsible articles in the past that make an effort to cite information directly from published works, going as far as to cite the page numbers.

Anyway that aside, this anime has triggered my interest, especially since I'm a sucker for fantasies with "strong"(not in the literal sense) babes, that I just made an order on all the available novels and waiting for them to be shipped ^_^

Cheers & Peace ~
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 02:04   Link #335
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
I just now guess why Shion was call a treacherous, evil and unjust.....it was probably that...and the real story will be the travels of Ryner and Ferris
that may mean the story will go back to the typical fantasy stuff, so far the flashback in eps 2 and 3 is way better than the current time of eps 1

Ferris's bro is another monster, i am guessing they are from a family/organisation that control the kings of Roland
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 02:25   Link #336
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I like flashbacks, but they ARE in the past. It'd be more interesting where they take this.

And I can certainly see those events in the past influencing the hero king to slaughter all nobility or something.

The nobility in the story kinda reminds me of the ones in Kiddy Grade/Kiddy Girl-And where nobles are basically the scum of mankind almost wholesale. I've seen many fantasy novels and stories where the nobility wield too much power and are total jerks, but the way it's portrayed here, it makes it seem like they're something to get rid of. Kinda comes with the territory of creating human weapons and making use of orphans like that. Gotta bite them in their ass sooner or later.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 02:27   Link #337
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
that may mean the story will go back to the typical fantasy stuff, so far the flashback in eps 2 and 3 is way better than the current time of eps 1

Ferris's bro is another monster, i am guessing they are from a family/organisation that control the kings of Roland
what cha mean?...its already fantasy like story....i just mean the plot will go deeper...beside everyone here knows that ep1 was a crap -_- because the plot hasn't been introduce

Edit: well fantasy stuff are sometimes based in the real...like japan some 200 years ago or germany even philippines it showed the human darkest emo

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 04:54   Link #338
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

So, Shion is the illegitimate son of the King?

He's an heir to the throne and it seems like the other prince(s) is/are trying to kill him.

There is a lot of flashback left. We need to find out how Shion becomes the king.

In the first episode, Ryner says he doesn't really understand why he's accepted Shion's quest and he hints it's because of a girl. Is he talking about Ferris or Kiefer? Is he on the quest to hang out with Ferris or to get information on Kiefer?

Anyhow, Shion seems to have taken to becoming King Arthur. He's on a righteous crusade to conquer "evil" kingdoms around him to install his own brand of law and civilization in order to bring long lasting peace. It seems he's out to become Tokugawa or some sort of Emperor. Seems like he's conquered almost all of what he wants and is on his final target.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 05:01   Link #339
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

From the way Ryner was used as a bargaining chip, perhaps the nobles used him to keep tabs in Shion as well. That's the feeling I get. I wouldn't be too surprised if all three of those reasons were true.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 05:07   Link #340
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
I'm finding this series to be getting more interesting, especially since I watched Episode 2 & 3 back to back earlier this morning. It's nice to see them delve into the past, and give us some backstory on Ferris, Shion, Raynar, and everyone else. It's unfortunate how Keifer apparently was a spy in Roland for the other kingdom. Falling in love with an 'enemy' definitely does not help along the way. Raynar's kindness is pretty amusing so far, although I almost felt like calling him a massive idiot for not even trying to take Shion's request seriously.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen