Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-27, 04:34   Link #61
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

actually i was wondering, about the hougyouku, what exactly is it? Supposedly it needs time to be released. If so, how were the arrancars created? And what exactly is the hougyouku? some jewel that lets u transform into shinigami / hollow or something other than that?
Old 2006-04-27, 04:58   Link #62
ritalman

Send a message via MSN to ritalman
coughPhilosopher'sStonecough
Old 2006-04-27, 06:05   Link #63
MobiuS

Guys I have a slight problem. I took a few months off Bleach ... and did homework for a change. I stopped readign when Ichigo was sstarting to lose control of Holow-Ichi and decided to go hang out with the Vaizards. What happened from then till now? A quick summary would be appreciated. Im just too lazy to browse through the entire forum looking high and low for a few lines summary.
Old 2006-04-27, 07:01   Link #64
voldy18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptileex
actually i was wondering, about the hougyouku, what exactly is it? Supposedly it needs time to be released. If so, how were the arrancars created? And what exactly is the hougyouku? some jewel that lets u transform into shinigami / hollow or something other than that?
Let's quote the manga: "[Uruhara] created a substance that reacts beyond the conventional physics of Soul Society. It can instantly dissolve the barrier between Hollow and Shinigami. The name of that substance is 'Hougyoku'. It is an extremely dangerous material. He probably thought so, too... Because he tried to destroy the Hougyoku. However, he could not find a way to destroy his own creation. So, in desperation, he did something else. That was... He put a barrier around the Hougyoku. And buried it within the depths of a person's soul."

That's what we know. Everything else is pretty much speculation. However, we do know, that the Hougyoku is not really necessary to create a shinigami-hollow hybrid. Ichigo is prove of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuS
I stopped readign when Ichigo was sstarting to lose control of Holow-Ichi and decided to go hang out with the Vaizards. What happened from then till now? A quick summary would be appreciated.
When Shinji asks if he has decided to join up with them, Ichigo replies that he has only come to learn how to control his inner hollow. Ichigo then charges at Shinji, with a fight quickly breaking out between the two of them. It is noted by the vizard present that neither is using their full strength. This fight is cut short when Hiyori Sarugaki knocks out Shinji and decides to fight Ichigo herself. As the fight begins, she manifests her hollow side, allowing her to control the battle, bringing Ichigo to the brink of death. However, Ichigo once again loses control of his body and his inner hollow manifests itself. The hollow proceeds to choke Hiyori nearly to death, but the other vizards come to both Hiyori and Ichigo's aid. After destroying the hollow mask and reverting Ichigo back to his shinigami state, Shinji remarks that Ichigo cannot simply keep his hollow in check with his body or mind, but must force it into the very core of his soul. Ichigo then begins training on a special spirit-draining apparatus, which resembles a simple exercise chair. However, he refuses to complete the training, kicking the chair at Shinji, believing this method to be a waste of his time. Shinji agrees that this method probably is too slow for Ichigo and forces him into his inner world in order to face his hollow.

Ichigo's hollow side squares off against his shinigami side in this inner world, both of them wielding Zangetsu, although keeping with his hollow's colorless and pale appearance, he wields a white Zangetsu. While fighting with his hollow side, Ichigo is constantly demanding to see Zangetsu, the embodiment of his zanpakutō. The hollow responds by saying that he was always part of Zangetsu and that his personality is now simply dominant over that of Zangetsu's, equating it to a servant trading places with its master. Ichigo realizes that if he manages to defeat his hollow side, the hollow will revert back to the being known as Zangetsu, allowing him full control over that part of his spiritual power. After several more exchanges, both Ichigo and the hollow release their bankai. Ichigo attempts to use a getsuga tenshō against the hollow, but since this move was originally performed by it, the attack does not do any damage. The hollow then fires off a getsuga tenshō of his own, badly injuring Ichigo. It then mocks Ichigo and vaporizes his sword. The hollow then lashes out at Ichigo with his hands, launching him backwards with an energy blast to his face. It then comments that the difference between itself and Ichigo is that while the hollow side basks in killer instinct, Ichigo himself lacks it, instead needing reasons to fight his opponents. It is this reason why the hollow believes itself superior to Ichigo. After this, the hollow impales Ichigo upon its white zanpakutō, stating that it will never allow someone weaker than it to dominate him. However, this talk about instinct awakens something within Ichigo. It gives him the will to grab the hollow's zanpakutō and turn it black, forcing the hollow to drop it. However, it seems as though this last act took all the strength Ichigo could muster, causing him to slip into a dream-like state. In this state, danger comes quickly in the form of the jagged edge of Kenpachi's blade. When Ichigo, surprised and confused, asks Kenpachi what he is doing there, the being simply smiles, asking who Kenpachi is. The being represents the primal instinct that drives one to kill, manifesting itself as an appropriate form and giving Ichigo a lesson on battle. As the hollow ponders on what has just transpired, Ichigo pulls the sword from his gut and stabs the hollow in turn. Engulfed in black, the hollow smiles, laughing off the fact that Ichigo beat him and warning him that if Ichigo slacks off again he'll return. But even after that, the hollow surprises Ichigo, asking him to take care of himself and not die.

While Ichigo was battling, his subconcious outer personality in the vizard's warehouse has become that of his hollow. Even after all of its limbs are bound down by a demon arts spell cast by the vizard Hutch, Ichigo's outer personality manages to break out of its prison. The vizard Lisa Yadōmaru steps forward to challenge the raging Ichigo, who is later switched out by Kensei Muguruma. The latter inflicts a cut upon the hollow's arm, although this damage is negated due to its rapid regeneration, the speed of which amazes Kensei. Instead, Kensei decides to try an energy blast, taking off the hollow's arm. However, this arm soon regenerates itself, again due to the rapid regeneration of the hollow transformation. While this fight is going on, Shinji is coordinating the efforts of all the other vizard, setting up a rotation concerning their turns to keep Ichigo's outer personality under control, each of them fighting for 10 minutes. Almost 70 minutes have elapsed and Love is the current vizard up, with the next shift rotating back to Lisa. As the hollow prepares to fire off a "Cero" energy blast, Love prepares to transform into his own hollow form to subdue it. However, the left arm of the hollow suddenly begins to crack and break, exploding powerfully and shocking nearly all the vizard. Shinji allows Hutch to break his binding spell. Emerging from the explosion, Ichigo collapses, obviously spent from his fight with the hollow.

Meanthewhile Hitsugaya has arranged a way to speak with Yamamoto, who tells him the true plans of Aizen: He wants to create the "Ou Ken", the Key of the King, which would enable him to enter the dimension in which the King resides and kill him, in order to gain the throne. However, in order to create the Ou Ken he needs 100.000 souls and a land rich of souls, which turns out to benone other than Karakura. The problem is, that Karakura and the souls within would be scrapped off from the world and disappear forever. Orihime, who is listening to the conversation, is shocked and wonders if something can be done to stop Aizen to which Yamamoto replies that this the reason the Gotei 13 exists and that they also still have time because the Hougyoku still needs four months to activate and Aizen won't attack without an army. Until then they will prepare. At last he tells Orihime to go to Ichigo and to explain everything to him .
Old 2006-04-27, 07:13   Link #65
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Benihime is 100% woman, as Urahara said that "She's 100% Zanpaktou"

as NoSanninWa said Chad's power can be something else than Hollow's,
but I rather say he's something like Royal Guard instead of King...
they could be normal people going through life with super powers (something like Bounto)

I don't like Hinamori, but she started to lose my interest in her from the moment she showed her admiration to some glasses old guy who gets killed as the only capitan... than he turned out to be super smart and super cool, so u can guess that it's natural, but he's still a bad guy...
I didn't like Yumichaka durring battle with Ganju but when he showed some of his ideals while fighting Shuuhei I started to like him, and now I'm happy that he's on earth

I don't think that this whole training is similar to DBZ, as for example Cell and Buu wanted to give time to get better fights, and Aizen isn't sending his troops because he knows that sooner or later SS would use all it got just to defend itself so many of his Arrancars would go to waste, and SS would know more about them... he didn't want to show Arrancar's Shikai that's why he send Ulquolia who could probably easly kill off Ichigo
If Aizen gets Vestorades to change into Arrancars and get their new cool name, (better than Espada) he'll be unstopable (that's what he thinks), but it's shounen manga so at that point he will no longer stand a chance agains super upgraded good guys
Old 2006-04-27, 15:51   Link #66
MobiuS

Thank you VOldy18 for the thorough explanation. Very much appreciated!
Old 2006-04-27, 21:42   Link #67
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

I don't know if this has been mentioned... but how in the world did Orihime find Ichigo when Rukida didn't know where he was?
Old 2006-04-28, 03:25   Link #68
arankar84

Question

no bleach manga this week?
Old 2006-04-28, 04:40   Link #69
Rhys
Interweb crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack
I don't know if this has been mentioned... but how in the world did Orihime find Ichigo when Rukida didn't know where he was?
All we know is that a day after Ichigo left, Rukia was shown on the roof thinking "I can't sense his reiatsu at all" (ch 217), and later after Ichigo subdued his hollow, Orihime was shown saying "If I concentrate hard enough, I can still feel his reiatsu" (ch 222). Kubo has yet to reveal why, but the shippers on both front have been quite noisy about that.
Old 2006-04-28, 07:56   Link #70
Uh_huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by arankar84
no bleach manga this week?
It's Golden Week at Japan I believe.
Old 2006-04-28, 08:57   Link #71
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31580

Oh really?
Old 2006-04-28, 21:03   Link #72
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

A thought on Chad's powers...
During his brief fight with Shunsui, doesn't he imply that the more Chad uses his powers, the more he shortens his life span?
Old 2006-05-02, 08:32   Link #73
Sweet_Chinkz

ah you guys cut hinamori some slack. she's obviously still in denial with this whole aizen taichou situation. i'm sure after some more time, she will finally realise that all along shes just been denying the whole truth. and hopefully then, she will realise that hitsugaya is the one that cares for her alot. i just love these two so much as a potential couple.

the way hitsugaya in the chapter kept teasing hinamori was so sweet, comparing her body size to matsumoto's. haha. and the way hitsugaya keeps telling hinamori to refer him as hitsugaya-taichou instead of hitsugaya-kun gives me the impression that he wants hinamori to pay him the same level of admiration she has for aizen to him, since they are both taichous.

gosh i wish hitsugaya kicks aizen's ass when the time comes. for what he done to hinamori was so evil, using her and then almost killing her and leavig her with a deep psycological effect after she waits from the coma.
Closed Thread