AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-08, 02:51   Link #121
Undertaker

Only way that's possible is if Fisher Tiger is just a nickname or in original Japanese pronounciation there is a D somewhere in there like the way Roger had. (Gold Roger = Gol D. Roger)
Old 2008-11-08, 03:04   Link #122
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Speaking of not touching the subject...

After this chapter, I realized that I mind has been totally corrupted by years of manga, hentai, and all the bishojos....

When I was reading about Handcock sister's past about how terrible their live as slaves are, all I can think of is how they are been treated by Tenryubito as sex slaves, and the shot where it show the sisters fleeing only cements my imagination. Not to mention Carlos made it clear he has female slaves for his personal pleasure..... -_-
Ya, i think we get enough out of our own assumptions on what they Boa and her sisters might have been subjected too... i don't think we really need Oda to outright SAY that's what happened... though 100 to 1 says that if Oda went into details he would focus more on physical abuse; that's something we saw with Robin on enies lobby and the implications we got from charlos when he wanted to throw Camie in a fishtank with piranhas

Writers can touch these subjects if they want... but sometimes its just a better idea to just not to
Quote:
Anyway, after reading the chapter, I was wondering if anyone think the shadow shot of Fisher Tiger from the side in Boa's flashback look kind of similar to Kuma's face feature. Could Kuma actually turns out to be Fisher Tiger?
funny thing is, when i saw Fisher Tiger's face i couldn't help but feel like i had seen the face before... not sure when, but it just seemed familiar somehow; a similar design to another character like Kuma perhaps... grant it, the kuma theory doesn't really make sense, since he is not a fishman

Quote:
After all, after this chapter, I'm kind of suprised that there are still Mermen/Mermaid left considering Fisher Tiger ASSAULTED Mariejoa and freed all slaves, There bound to be some Tenryuubito got injured and attacked during the process and considering SH got dealed with in realatively short amount of time and got hit as hard as they had. It only seem natural for WG to go fall out war with Fishermen and send everything they got just for payback..
Well the world gov't knows what they are doing... a war with the fishmen who sit right below Mariejoa would only end badly... i mean the island is like what 10,000 meters below the ocean (and that's when it hit me that Fisher CLIMBED 10,000 meters; guy was a fricken badass); that's how far marine ships would have to travel before they could assault their island... they got an immense defensive position... we don't know how the coating and travel works exactly, but i think the fishmen could tear those ships apart LONG before they reached the island with even the most power of characters having little ability to do anything to fight back due to their position... any devil fruit would be stuck on the ship, and any fighter that can swim will find themselves at a huge disadvantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesatdusk View Post
I wonder if BOA is going to accompany luffy on this leg of the journey? Luffy can't navigate so.... It wouldn't be that surprising.
Well, unless Boa wants to give Luffy the ONLY ship on amazon Lily, she will pretty much HAVE to go with him... she's giving him a ride, not a ship
Old 2008-11-08, 03:23   Link #123
Undertaker

I know Kuma=Fisher Tiger theory is far fetched, usually I don't make assumption without some sort of logic behind some fact. It just for some reason, like you, I find the head shot really familiar and the only one I can pin it to was Kuma. Besides, I don't remeber it was clearely stated he wasn't Fishermen only that he's a cyborg thanks to Vegapunk.

As for waring with Fishermen, the response to the Tenryubito incident with SH was already illogical to begin with when they not only send Kizaru, but his right-hand Sentoumaru along with at least 3 Pacifistas for just one punch and all happens right before a persumed showdown with WB and understanding that there are 11 Supernovas (or at least 3 captains with at least 250 million bounties).

Granted, a war might end badly, but the fact that Junbei would be one of the Shikibukai under protection of WG and there isn't a mass hunt-down of at least Sun Pirate's members like what WG did to all that associated with Rogers' Pirate just seem to me that there are more stuff going on with Fisher Tiger than meets the eye.
Old 2008-11-08, 03:27   Link #124
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
Writers can touch these subjects if they want... but sometimes its just a better idea to just not to
Also this is Shonen Jump where talking about, and One Piece. Your imagination can go as wild as it wants, but I think its going to be relatively tame.

Other question is where is all this specultion about BOA being related to luffy coming from. I've read nothing that hints the suggestion, so I'm wondering. I know many of you don't buy it, was there anything that remotely suggested it? Or is it wild speculation?
Old 2008-11-08, 03:39   Link #125
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Explain why Usopp is so like popular? I still like dislike him.
Old 2008-11-08, 04:20   Link #126
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Usopp is the Naruto or Rock Lee of the One Piece universe. He is the character that has no real natural talent in...well anything, but still, through constant struggle, Usopp, like Naruto, tries to better himself in order to protect and support his friends/nakama. He is ordinary or, at best, a jack-of-all-trades knowing a great deal about a great many things, but not be a master of really anything (except his Slingshot ). Actually, he could also be seen as the average version of Luffy (i.e. Luffy without his super powers, etc). (This is, of course, a simplistic answer to your question.)
Old 2008-11-08, 04:21   Link #127
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I know Kuma=Fisher Tiger theory is far fetched, usually I don't make assumption without some sort of logic behind some fact. It just for some reason, like you, I find the head shot really familiar and the only one I can pin it to was Kuma. Besides, I don't remeber it was clearely stated he wasn't Fishermen only that he's a cyborg thanks to Vegapunk.

As for waring with Fishermen, the response to the Tenryubito incident with SH was already illogical to begin with when they not only send Kizaru, but his right-hand Sentoumaru along with at least 3 Pacifistas for just one punch and all happens right before a persumed showdown with WB and understanding that there are 11 Supernovas (or at least 3 captains with at least 250 million bounties).

Granted, a war might end badly, but the fact that Junbei would be one of the Shikibukai under protection of WG and there isn't a mass hunt-down of at least Sun Pirate's members like what WG did to all that associated with Rogers' Pirate just seem to me that there are more stuff going on with Fisher Tiger than meets the eye.
no there is a great amount of difference between the two incidents... the response to the strawhat incident has the marines and admiral target the strawhats as the prime offenders and the Kidd and Law crews as accomplices in the incident... the rest of the supernovas were not really targeted, but just taken down for the sake that they are heavily wanted pirates that the marines should not necessarily ignore... i mean, the only reason Kizaru strated a fight with Hawkins was because he was really just boredom since he wasn't sure where to find the strawhats or his subrodinate...

When it comes to Fisher Tiger, there was no reason to blame and target ALL fishmen for the actions of one... they identify and target the prime offenders and accomplices... and that would have been Fisher and possibly his sunny pirates for assisting him.

however it is unknown how long ago it was that Fisher met his end and it was stated that the crew had spilt up to form other pirate crews... Hunted them down would be difficult once they spilt up since they do not necessarily know which fishmen crews were sun pirates... and when it comes to jinbei... well, part of the deal of becoming a shichibukai is being forgiven for all your past crimes, and since he was never directly involved in Fisher's rampage it gives the world gov't some ground to stand on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
You take it wrong: She is at least 36 years old!
She was 16, when the Sun pirates were formed, and Hachi joined them 20 years ago. If he was a slave, then she is about 36 years old, but assuming he wasn't a slave but joined them later, she is even older.
Hachi saved Raylieh's life 20 years ago "when he was a child", AFTER that raylieh and him became good friends and AFTER that Hachi joined up with the Sun pirates (it was unknown how long Hachi and Raylieh had been friends). And 10 years ago was the last time Shakky saw Hachi... in short Hachi joined the sun pirates anywhere between 10-20 years ago, no earlier and no later than that

But i guess i did forget to take into account the fact that hachi was not necessarily one of the first crew and as such the Sun pirates could have been around for an unknown amount of time before he joined them... While that does mean she could be older than 36, it still puts her minimum age at 26
Old 2008-11-08, 04:24   Link #128
Undertaker

Quote:
You take it wrong: She is at least 36 years old!
She was 16, when the Sun pirates were formed, and Hachi joined them 20 years ago. If he was a slave, then she is about 36 years old, but assuming he wasn't a slave but joined them later, she is even older.
Slayerx wasn't exactly wrong, While Rayleigh stated he was save by Hachi over 20 years ago from a shipwreck Hachi still a kid back than and between Roger's death, it wasn't that many years over 20, and he wasn't a pirate back than.

Considering Arlong split up and form his group which was 10 years ago. Hachi is most like joined some where about between 10-20 years as Slayerx suggest. so it is possible that Hancock is only about 30 years old and not "at least" 36 as you state.

In addition, it seems Junbei's reign as the Captain of Sun Pirates isn't very long since Boas noted that the Sun Pirate split into different factions soon after Fisher Tiger's (presumed) death and Arlong split from from Junbei right after he became Shikibukai, that could put Fisher Tiger's demise to as recent as 10,11 years ago.

That reminds me Rogers' Pirate has been around for a while, and WB even longer, considering Roger died 25 years ago and Brook remebering them as Rookie, Roger'sgroup has been around for 25 years, and considering WB is known as Roger's rival, WB must been around even longer.......
Old 2008-11-08, 05:03   Link #129
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
He is weak, he knows he is weak. But it doesn't stop him from trying, he doesn't give up, there are times where a man has to be a man and he knows and does it like one.

Because he is weak and is a burden to his Nakama, even though they don't think so, he knows he still is a burden. That's why he tries very hard, he makes up for his weakness with strength in his inventions and craftsmanship.

There are times where even his strong Nakama can get into trouble, in these times he sacrifices himself from their sake. Even though he thinks that he is cowardly, he still do lots of acts of courage.

Ussop is someone with a very kind heart, even though he would choose to run from a battle if possible, he will still stay and protect someone if they are in trouble. He has that courage within him, but he lacks the confidence in himself. That's why he's starting to develop great confidence after spending sometime as Sogeking, he will become someone very strong and admirable.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-11-08, 05:41   Link #130
Prestige

There is old info/theory that when Usopp was kid he eated somekind of poisonous mushroom and almost died but he body was changed to amazing sturdy.

Whatever reason is it seems that Usopp is most enduranced member in crew (perhaps after Luffy) and he has taken massive blows and hits during series and continued to just shrug them off and keep fighting.

He took direct hit from 4000 kg bat from Mr.4 directly to face, that should have pulverized his head and blow it up in small pieces.

He has taken lot of fall dmg and many foes has smashed him and Jiabaraya from Cp9 gave him massive beating and he took blast from Marine warship cannons and still continued to fight moments after.

I think Usopp may have taken most damage from all members from crew, mayby he is just very resilient and have high endurance or he has some kind of regeneration ability.

Normal man would have died 100 times of all hits Usopp has taken but I guess there is more than meets the eye in Usopp.
Old 2008-11-08, 06:36   Link #131
Slayerx

Quote:
Umm... where does this Fisher Tiger = fishman come from?
IIRC he was mentioned for the first time in this chapter, and there is nothing stating, that he was a fishman. He could have been a human slave.
Fisher Tiger...
"the man who would later become Captain of the fishman pirates"... went to mariejoe to free the fishmen(not-humans or slaves in general) that were being opressed... had no love for humans but made an exception for slaves... gathered the the former fishman (not humans) slaves to form the sun pirates the infamous fishman pirate crew...

Also he climbed the redline to get to mariejoe, so he started from outside mariejoe, and a man of his caliber would have been owned by a noble so if he were originally a slave himself he would have started from the inside and rampaged his way out...

Really, what makes you think he wasn't a fishman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertaker
That reminds me Rogers' Pirate has been around for a while, and WB even longer, considering Roger died 25 years ago and Brook remebering them as Rookie, Roger'sgroup has been around for 25 years, and considering WB is known as Roger's rival, WB must been around even longer.......
22 years ago he died...
and brooke's comment only tells us that Roger was a pirate 50 years ago, but does no tell us that he had his own crew at the time... much like shanks, Roger could have just been a rising star making a name for himself as part of another crew... thoguh it does sound like roger was in like his 40's at the time of death...
Old 2008-11-08, 08:28   Link #132
Slayerx

Quote:
The fact, that it wasn't explicitly stated. What makes you think he was one?

You don't need to be a fishman to create a pirate crew that consists of them.
Or to have no love for humans and much love for fishmen... or only care about the oppression of fishmen and not so much the humans... or climb 10,000 meters for the sake of the fishmen... or challenge the heaven's for the fishmen... and only use fishman former slaves in the crew instead of allowing former human slaves... Oda really emphasized alot on him caring a lot more for fishmen then humans

guy must of really hated himself and wished he was born a fishman...

when storytelling, you got to show don't tell... Good writer doesn't explicitly say everything but instead gives us enough information so that the readers can draw the same conclusions regardless. "telling" can often come off as redundant, forced and can easily make a casual conversation sound scripted and it should feel more natural... in this case, with the heavily emphasizing of how connected Fisher Tiger was too the fishmen and how much he cared for them, it would be rather redundant to point out that he was a fishman himself...
Old 2008-11-08, 10:03   Link #133
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Fisher Tiger was mentioned most likely to be a fish man since: a) he hate human and b) when it comes to slave he indiscriminate all races (so when it do not come to slave he do discriminate). But he could be some other race as well since he was not specifically mentioned.

Back to Boa's age (ok pure discussion about her age, leave the "mother" part aside)

I agree with SlayerX that the conversation do not prove Boa to be 36 or older.
From the day Hachi save Railegh to when he join the Sun Pirates could be ranged from 1 year to 20 years. Then the "20 years" Rayleigh mentioned could also be an approximate number (to be various from 17-22). Without considering the time take to travel between islands, we knows Boa can be from 17 to mid 40 (which is not helpful at all).

Then we don't even knows if the Sun Pirate was created after Fisher Tiger saved the fishman or not. He could have a small unknown pirates group(include Hachi) named whatever it is. And only be known as the Pirates of the Sun after he saved the slaves. Just like how Luffy has traveled around the sea for a long while until he and his crew were known as Straw Hat Pirate.
Old 2008-11-08, 11:13   Link #134
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by usopsama View Post
I support you, Freya!

Boa forever. <_____________<

Im in..Boa forever....

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'll bet that Nyon in her youth would have made all of the female characters in OP look like drag queens in comparison.

Please stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Boa can’t join the SH, that would mean an Automatic death for Sanji due to blood lost (I think with Nami and Nico is too much already)…

And thinking about it, Sanji wouldn’t had survive in this island, not because the attacks of Boa…but really… with all this girls running around in loose clothes…No..I just can think of that tragic image…

and...Look at that!!!!!!!!!! this is my 4,000 post in the forum...who would had taught it was going to be in the OP board and not in the Naruto board!!!!!!!!!
Old 2008-11-08, 11:48   Link #135
strategos

Not sure if this has been posted. But with this chapter, it shows that there is one devil fruit of each ability, but it seems that it can be share. right? So Vegapunk could have eaten that frui as well that time that Chopper eat it.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2008-11-08, 11:49   Link #136
Sordes Pilosus
Claymore Addict

Rurik what about if Margaret would ask Sanji about his Kintama ? I belive he would die even more likly then. Regarding Slayerx's opinions. I agree with 90% or so of what ive seen recently, the only exception i cleary disagree on is regarding the fact around Margaret, there is plenty to support that she can be a likly Ninth strawhat, and im not stating that because im a Margaret fanboy, i prefer Robin :P Its just to much general evidence that Margaret aint a "short term character". She has gotten to much attension for that.
Old 2008-11-08, 12:10   Link #137
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordes Pilosus View Post
what about if Margaret would ask Sanji about his Kintama ? I belive he would die even more likly then.
Its the ultimate question that everyone prepared himself for I dont think Oda can go that far because Sanji is actually a pervert that will gladly accept to show it to margaret...Its just too far that makes it hentai XD

Thou I wouldnt mind a scene where Margaret talks about how interesting Sanji's kintama was and how he allowed her to get hold of it in the back lol, in front of entire crew...I can foresee that Sanji goes O__O and entire crew goes O________O ..........and then nami eventually punches sanji to hell
Old 2008-11-08, 12:22   Link #138
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
Not sure if this has been posted. But with this chapter, it shows that there is one devil fruit of each ability, but it seems that it can be share. right? So Vegapunk could have eaten that frui as well that time that Chopper eat it.
I'm really not sure what you're talking about.

But if you're seeing 2 snake zoans as sharing, you've misunderstood. Zoans always had animal forms that come in different 'models'

Like the Dog fruit for example came in models, Dacshund, Jackal and Wolf.

So this Snake Zoan fruit came in Anaconda and King Cobra.

You can expect many models of a type of animal.

I'm not sure what you're talking about Vegapunk and Chopper.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-11-08, 12:39   Link #139
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I'm not sure what you're talking about Vegapunk and Chopper.
I guess he is trying to tell that Vegapunk might've ate Chopper's hito hito no mi's alternate version as a human to achieve his genius intellect level.I dont think that Human Human devil fruit has any alternates like other zoans.Hmm even if there is, it will probably count as racism
Old 2008-11-08, 14:07   Link #140
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
This was a sob story chapter.
Anyone think after next chapter, when luffy gets the ship and starts sailing more light will be shed on the Whitebeard vs Shichibukai situation?
Closed Thread