AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-08-29, 18:59   Link #361
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

In Princess D's case, the princes were almost certain to have a life full of exposure because of who they were, and not just because of their mother. Now, I remember Harry more for that trip to Afghanistan which was abandoned than anything else. As for Andrew, what's the fellow up to anyway nowadays?
Old 2009-08-29, 22:36   Link #362
Cipher

What's a homicide?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 22:42   Link #363
Bea Rabbit
Stained Member
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeggy View Post

At least he converted to Islam like he wanted and his brother jermaine wanted him to before he died

what so he's a Moslem?
Bea Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 22:45   Link #364
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
What's a homicide?
Seriously?

It's murder.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 22:52   Link #365
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Seriously?

It's murder.
Thanks, just making sure. So my "intuition" that it was a suicide was false after all---i feel like a loser. So the doctor is in jail?
Old 2009-08-29, 23:39   Link #366
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
In Princess D's case, the princes were almost certain to have a life full of exposure because of who they were, and not just because of their mother. Now, I remember Harry more for that trip to Afghanistan which was abandoned than anything else. As for Andrew, what's the fellow up to anyway nowadays?
Only on special instances like their birthdays or going to uni and so on. William was about Paris' age when Diana died, so the media didn't really have much to write bout them as kids (besides that's not where the smell of money flows)
The royals for most part have their privacy short of being clever and smoking weed (go harry, lol)
Scandals attract media faster than the speed of light, but they were haunted by the ghost of their mother by no other than by people who didn't know her, 10 years of your youth is a damn long time to put things to rest, methinks even Lisa Presley didn't get this amount of crap on her while she grew up after Elvis died :/

Methinks if the doc was at fault, the first couple of autopsies would have found instant foul play, but to prolong and have it pushed and not 'sastified' at the initial result, just reeks of a manhunt to be honest. *sighs*
(we must blame someone~)

PS: As for Andrew, noooo idea. If they're not getting divorced, married or something that sparks a scandal, the media couldn't care less

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 03:10   Link #367
Cipher

Quote:
Methinks if the doc was at fault, the first couple of autopsies would have found instant foul play, but to prolong and have it pushed and not 'sastified' at the initial result, just reeks of a manhunt to be honest. *sighs*
(we must blame someone~)
well...accidents are brought by carelessness..so someone has to be blamed.

Last edited by Cipher; 2009-08-30 at 22:34.
Old 2009-08-30, 17:35   Link #368
mg1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Seriously?

It's murder.
dude don't spoon feed him!

next time go to google, type
"define: homocide" (without quotation marks)
and it will give you the definition(s)

I wonder if anyone here knows this featyure...
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 19:43   Link #369
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Only on special instances like their birthdays or going to uni and so on. William was about Paris' age when Diana died, so the media didn't really have much to write bout them as kids (besides that's not where the smell of money flows)
The royals for most part have their privacy short of being clever and smoking weed (go harry, lol)
Scandals attract media faster than the speed of light, but they were haunted by the ghost of their mother by no other than by people who didn't know her, 10 years of your youth is a damn long time to put things to rest, methinks even Lisa Presley didn't get this amount of crap on her while she grew up after Elvis died :/

(we must blame someone~)

PS: As for Andrew, noooo idea. If they're not getting divorced, married or something that sparks a scandal, the media couldn't care less
You know: I was reminded of Ted Kennedy, who also died recently. He too had some hauntings of his own, and guess what? He managed to get out of it by being himself.

Beyond the myths, Princess D, JFK and RFK all had something in common. For all their good work, we forget that they have weaknesses. They are human and so are not perfect. Perhaps, that is something we should remember about MJ as well.
Old 2009-08-31, 05:48   Link #370
AnimeFangirl

For the record, homicide isn't necessarily murder. It's a broad term covering murder, manslaughter, death by negligence, etc. Basically anything you do that causes another person to die, whether deliberate or not. So nobody has said (yet) that MJ was deliberately murdered.
Old 2009-08-31, 17:10   Link #371
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Quote:
You know: I was reminded of Ted Kennedy, who also died recently. He too had some hauntings of his own, and guess what? He managed to get out of it by being himself.

Beyond the myths, Princess D, JFK and RFK all had something in common. For all their good work, we forget that they have weaknesses. They are human and so are not perfect. Perhaps, that is something we should remember about MJ as well.
Bout MJ? How could we forget?
Half his number 1 tunes are targeted towards the media who did nothing but shred him to pieces, not bout his work, but him.
Thus you have haters and lovers.
The idol aspect, purely comes from his art, Diana and JFK, from their actions. By hauntings, I'm talking about his kids and not laying someone's memory to rest part death.
The dead are dead, it's the living who has to deal with the aftermath, and while no one is perfect, don't you think a child/wife/hubby have more rights and more knowledge about that, than the media who mercilessly attacked and hounded your relatives?

2 months down the line 'oh wait.. it's homicide!'
They should let it go.
Tupac got murdered, but geee they sure left that alone pretty fast instead of actually implicating someone. -.-

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
Old 2009-09-01, 09:45   Link #372
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Tupac has a minor case of the Elvis syndrome.

What relatives see of celebrities is but one side of the person. It's a private side, but still, it's one side. It's when you try to put the many sides together and get your own conclusions that you go, "...I need more readings/sources." After reading some snippets of how the Kennedy brothers' father viewed his sons, you get a sense that you have here an ambitious father who wanted a dynasty, but was instead left with attending funerals of his sons. The only son he didn't live to bury was Ted.

Sorry, talking shop here. Once a history student, always a history student.

So, for MJ's case, when the kids get older, they would want to find out the things that Daddy didn't tell them about. They are home-schooled, so I don't know how they are going to develop their social skills.
Old 2009-09-01, 10:27   Link #373
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

From Wikipedia

Quote:
Carla Ferrigno told Reuters that her husband had been helping Michael Jackson train in advance of his 2009-2010 concerts at the time of his death. Jackson and Ferrigno have worked together in the past
Old 2009-09-14, 21:50   Link #374
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Quote:
Tupac has a minor case of the Elvis syndrome.

What relatives see of celebrities is but one side of the person. It's a private side, but still, it's one side. It's when you try to put the many sides together and get your own conclusions that you go, "...I need more readings/sources." After reading some snippets of how the Kennedy brothers' father viewed his sons, you get a sense that you have here an ambitious father who wanted a dynasty, but was instead left with attending funerals of his sons. The only son he didn't live to bury was Ted.

Sorry, talking shop here. Once a history student, always a history student.

So, for MJ's case, when the kids get older, they would want to find out the things that Daddy didn't tell them about. They are home-schooled, so I don't know how they are going to develop their social skills.
I know some home schooled peeps who'd attack you for that, their social skills (mix of getting part time jobs too) far surpass those who go through the regular education system and are shut ins regardless with zero social skills, refusing to get over their shyness to interact with people around them.
Depends on the environment they're now going to be raised in anyways.

On a lighter note:
Quote:
This is it movie to be released globally on Oct 28th for 2 weeks only.
Trailer, ticket bookings (there are national website links on the page) and the chance to be part of a moasic (submit your picture to the website) all included in here, ofc latest news too
http://thisisit-movie.com/

Simply a behind the scenes of the set up 17 days before his first performance in London, but hell it's magical, music time, I'm up for checking it as long as people are prepared to sing and dance in the cinema xD

Old 2009-09-14, 22:33   Link #375
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Looks amazing, have to see it when it hits theaters.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 09:17   Link #376
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
I know some home schooled peeps who'd attack you for that, their social skills (mix of getting part time jobs too) far surpass those who go through the regular education system and are shut ins regardless with zero social skills, refusing to get over their shyness to interact with people around them.
Depends on the environment they're now going to be raised in anyways.
Both groups are just too big for an easy generalisation. Same goes for most things, really. Stereotypes are a rule of thumb. They are never 100% or 0% true.
Old 2009-09-15, 20:55   Link #377
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Quote:
Both groups are just too big for an easy generalisation. Same goes for most things, really. Stereotypes are a rule of thumb. They are never 100% or 0% true.
Well that's a given, so to use them to make a quick statement which encompasses a mass number is fine.
To use it to back up your thoughts is asking for trouble
'They're homeschooled so you don't know how they're gonna develop their social skills';
On what basis have you seen that they lack any anyways.
A lot of celeb kids have private tutors and lessons within their homes, some go to private schools and so on, but it stems from their upbringing and their own character to want to interact with people, or be curious about to explore and investigate, regardless of being homeschooled or put though the education system.
/end digression

I was feeling mischievious enough to nit pick ya, it's been a while since I've been active on Asuki, so lurking bout the GC forums again, looking for tempting openings
Feel free to stalk my profile wall though if you wanna continue, I should be able to accomodate you ^^

Old 2009-09-16, 18:48   Link #378
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, home schooling always gave me an elitist feel, as if these kids do not want to mix around with others outside their usual social circle. As for MJ himself, I don't think that he is elitist, but......

Anyway, looking forward to next year's memorial concert. Now, that show will go on.
Old 2009-09-18, 01:32   Link #379
karasuma

This is moving. The whole world is dancing to MJ as a tribute.

Stockholm

Monstreal

Seatle

Hong Kong

Singapore

Hollywood

Romania

Sydney

Korea

Paris

there are more...

How can you not move by this. I know. I can't find one from Japan..
karasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 06:58   Link #380
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by karasuma View Post
This is moving. The whole world is dancing to MJ as a tribute.

there are more...

How can you not move by this. I know. I can't find one from Japan..
really cool. Praises to MJ for uniting the world like this.

Last edited by Cipher; 2009-09-18 at 07:25.

Tags
music