AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-22, 21:53   Link #61
Go-lytely

Yeah, liked the name they gave the book burning operation, "fahrenheit 451", a great Ray Bradbury book by the way.
Old 2003-12-22, 22:20   Link #62
FlyByNite

Whoo it's Yomiko! And Nancy! Well Nancy's clone who's kinda brain-damaged. But hey, I'll take it.

BTW, Anita keeps having flashbacks to a fire with books burning, was she at the burning/destruction of the British Library?

It was hella cool when Nancy grabbed onto Junior and he couldn't phase through her. Heh, the look on his face was funny.

And I agree, Operation 451 is an appropriate name for the operation.
Old 2003-12-22, 23:54   Link #63
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE2003
I just finished watching the first 16 episodes of R.O.D TV and I must say that it gets interesting with each episode. I put the series on the back-burner for awhile because I have too much anime to watch, but I am glad that I was finally able to make it here. I don't really have anything to add to the discussion except that I am looking forward to next episodes as I am interested to see what "The Paper" done that was so horrible. Great series!!
I think Yomiko burned down the Brithish Library, or at least is responsible for it. That's the horrible thing they were talking about. What I would like to know is why. I am almost certain that Nancy the clone and her child are involved. Also, Yomiko took the book because she knew how Joker was going to use it, bad. It seems that Joker and the rest of the members of special force are willing to forgive her, according to Joker. Yomiko burning down the British Library.... I just cannot believe it. This is a woman who is addicted to, or obsessed with, books. Burning one book is already unspeakable crime to her, not mention the whole the British Library. She burned down the British Library in order to protect Nancy???? Some say it is reasonable enough. Maybe it is for anybody else, but Yomiko?? She is the biggest book lover I have ever seen in my life. I thought given the choice, between protecting Nancy, maybe her child too, and burning down the British Library (plus hurting her colleague in the process), she would have given up both! When Wendy was burning the books collected from the whole town, she looked like she was about to give up, and it was just the books from a town. Wow, she really went that far to defend Nancy? But again, she stopped by that place risking being exposed, just to retrieve the bookmark Nancy left her in the OAV. Who knows?
Old 2003-12-23, 01:43   Link #64
aceangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Whoo it's Yomiko! And Nancy! Well Nancy's clone who's kinda brain-damaged. But hey, I'll take it.

BTW, Anita keeps having flashbacks to a fire with books burning, was she at the burning/destruction of the British Library?

It was hella cool when Nancy grabbed onto Junior and he couldn't phase through her. Heh, the look on his face was funny.

And I agree, Operation 451 is an appropriate name for the operation.
I have a question, if Nancy-san said she had a son, and Junior uses the same technique as nancy-san, then is it possible that Junior is Nancy-san's son?

< doh >
We'll, it seems possible.

Last edited by aceangel; 2003-12-23 at 02:01.
Old 2003-12-23, 02:40   Link #65
Keen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceangel
I have a question, if Nancy-san said she had a son, and Junior uses the same technique as nancy-san, then is it possible that Junior is Nancy-san's son?
Unknown; it's never been established that powers are hereditary.
Old 2003-12-23, 13:40   Link #66
ACE2003

Yeah, episode 16 does imply that Yomiko did indeed burn down the British Library, for what purpose no one knows....which also sent a horrible rippling affect towards Anita as well..So it looks like Yomiko may have killed Anita's parents. Hmm, Yomiko's case is getting more interesting by the minute.

And, I was pondering some questions that maybe or not could be answered:

How old was Yomiko when she first learned how to "use" paper?

Who taught her how?

Who was the first to use paper power? (Sounds silly, I know)

Do you think Nenne has hidden abilities to whereas she could use paper like Yomiko and the "Three Sisters"?

How did the powers come about?

These were random questions I were thinking about today because I haven't read any of the manga and I am basically going off the OAV and the T.V. series. But in any case with each new episdde that arrives more questions come about, that what intrigues me most about this series.
Old 2003-12-23, 18:05   Link #67
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE2003
How old was Yomiko when she first learned how to "use" paper?

Who taught her how?

Who was the first to use paper power? (Sounds silly, I know)

Do you think Nenne has hidden abilities to whereas she could use paper like Yomiko and the "Three Sisters"?

How did the powers come about?
Read the manga version of R.O.D. ("Read or Die," not the "Read or Dream" one)

Your answers:

A. Around her mid-teens
B. Donny Nakajima
C. its been passed on from master to disciple
D. No. She is just an author. If you consider debuting as an author while in high school as a talent, then her's would be "a great storywriter" who has a writer's block
Old 2003-12-24, 01:57   Link #68
deleted9354
Banned

Last edited by deleted9354; 2007-07-12 at 11:36.
Old 2004-01-02, 22:44   Link #69
deleted9354
Banned

Old 2004-01-02, 23:49   Link #70
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
Originally Posted by quangdiggity
I just watched the raw of episode 17. Things are definitely getting exciting.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-03, 00:20   Link #71
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corp20
Spoiler:
Your answers are told in Ep 18 when Yomiko starts to tell what happened in the past six years.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-03, 00:38   Link #72
deleted9354
Banned

Old 2004-01-03, 00:40   Link #73
corp20
Internet God

thank you a lot for those answers kj1980. I shouldn't have read them since I'm on eps 16. It just makes me want to watch ROD that much more.

Edit: Thank you to quangdiggity. I saw it right after I posted.
Old 2004-01-03, 01:43   Link #74
guess

thanks for everyone about spoiler.

I haven't read manga myself, but I seem to remember hearing some situation in manga which is identical to this one, that Donny Nakajima is still alive and that's the reason why Yomiko burn down the British Library.
Please tell me that the anime doesn't follow the manga exactly. Then what's the point of watching TV series anyway?

And so Yomiko really is the shadowdy figure in Anita's memory. But was Yomiko trying to save Anita or did she not even see Anita there, i.e., two unrelated events? Does Anita know that Yomiko is the one who causes all these?
Old 2004-01-06, 00:44   Link #75
Chatin
Inactive Member

I don't think that Yomiko and Anita know about each other being there.. they are just caught up in the events together. I would imagine that Anita's parents were killed in the fires caused by Yomiko.

Something I had been wondering about for some time however, is the mention of Drake wanting to get something for his daughter, Maggie. Might this be the same Maggie? Perhaps I'm just losing my mind. Either way, it would be a nice way to tie everything in.

As for Yomiko learning the art of using paper, did the three sisters learn it from some master as well? I dont' recall ever having an explanation of where they got their abilities.. and I would think it to be too huge of a coincidence for the three to all have the abilities when they first met each other that Christmas, so they must have gotten them somehow between that Christmas and the beginning of ROD TV.

I love this show. <3
Old 2004-01-06, 04:05   Link #76
juna
the asian obsessed

Send a message via AIM to juna Send a message via MSN to juna
Awe, i wanna see the raw for ep 17-18 I want to know if this series is related to the novels which i'm still trying to get ahold of. Since it's somewhat to the manga. I wonder if anymore paper users will be introduced too. I wonder what other antagonists with powers there will be, i'm betting nakajima will be one.

Drake doesn't say his daughters name is maggie, watch the oav again

The manga doesnt explain where or how the 3 sisters learned/received their powers so it's just something youll have to ponder or maybe later it'll be explained.

*Why watch it if it follows the manga*????????? So much anime is done after their manga.......... Its a nice way to see something you love in a different light. Listening to the bg music, colors how theyre used, the emotion behind the voices, soooo much other stuff!
Old 2004-01-06, 10:26   Link #77
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juna
The manga doesnt explain where or how the 3 sisters learned/received their powers so it's just something youll have to ponder or maybe later it'll be explained.

*Why watch it if it follows the manga*????????? So much anime is done after their manga.......... Its a nice way to see something you love in a different light. Listening to the bg music, colors how theyre used, the emotion behind the voices, soooo much other stuff!
As far as I know, the anime is WRITTEN by the same person as the manga (Hideyuki Kurata), so any sort of differences in the manga and anime are most likely intentional in order to make the story a bit deeper (even though there ARE some critical differences between the two)

And yes, Ep 17-18 are great, they explain so much... We now know what the past is, now it gets even messier since Anita knows that Yomiko's responsible for her bad memories. Can't wait for more.
Old 2004-01-06, 13:12   Link #78
Chatin
Inactive Member

I wasn't up to watching through the entire OVA again, so I'm not sure if he called Maggie his daughter or not, but I did pause the screen where the subtitles clearly say "Look, I have to get Maggie a gift with this money..." The same money that Yomiko later uses to fight the I-Jin. So that is what makes me wonder. Besides.. we have absolutely no history on Maggie or Michelle from before their meeting.
Old 2004-01-07, 01:15   Link #79
Iijyanaika

Send a message via AIM to Iijyanaika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatin
I wasn't up to watching through the entire OVA again, so I'm not sure if he called Maggie his daughter or not, but I did pause the screen where the subtitles clearly say "Look, I have to get Maggie a gift with this money..." The same money that Yomiko later uses to fight the I-Jin. So that is what makes me wonder. Besides.. we have absolutely no history on Maggie or Michelle from before their meeting.
hahaha, junas post was me

For some reason i was seeing your post and thinking anita the whole time, he does say maggie, hahah, my bad, was up a little too late :D I highly doubt it's her though since he saw her and there wasn't any kind of response.
Old 2004-01-07, 20:16   Link #80
corp20
Internet God

I love those fan groups the next two RODS came out (17 & 18)!!!
Closed Thread