AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-03-25, 00:49   Link #101
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Well they can always put the PSP characters in, just that they have to come up with an original story....
Old 2013-03-25, 00:58   Link #102
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I would like to see the epic tale of how Stern travels back in time to ancient belka.fights in a long war where she meets great friends and foes, learn the ways of the sword and grows into a renowed general before being absorbed by a magical book and get transformed into a guardian knight with a demonic sword, pink hair and no recollection of her memories of her former life as a material xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 01:07   Link #103
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

XD why into Signum...
Old 2013-03-25, 01:55   Link #104
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Gotta admit that the whole 'my darkside alternate self becoming my best rival in the future' deal is the product of a more fertile imagination than quite a bit of canon material, though.
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 02:15   Link #105
KuronaFanboy
Inactive Member

It wouldn't work anyway since Levi is the one who had Signum's skills! Wasn't Stern Nanoha+Vita+Zafira originally?

I always did find the Nanoha -> Signum story kind of striking I admit, even if it was such an obvious ripoff of Shirou/Archer from F/SN (but then that was probably the point). Oh yeah all that to say though, it'd be kind of neat for the third movie to star the Materials, if the title actually stands for anything. They do pretty much start off as dark reflections until their programming wakes up.
KuronaFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 02:28   Link #106
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

OMG! Zafira is a future time-travelling Stern oOo!

That surely would be the mother of all plot twists xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 02:31   Link #107
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuronaFanboy View Post
It wouldn't work anyway since Levi is the one who had Signum's skills! Wasn't Stern Nanoha+Vita+Zafira originally?

I always did find the Nanoha -> Signum story kind of striking I admit, even if it was such an obvious ripoff of Shirou/Archer from F/SN (but then that was probably the point). Oh yeah all that to say though, it'd be kind of neat for the third movie to star the Materials, if the title actually stands for anything. They do pretty much start off as dark reflections until their programming wakes up.
I thought Fate ---> Levi

Nanoha ----> Stern

Unless I'm not comprehending what you're saying.
Old 2013-03-25, 03:41   Link #108
aers
*Fansubber

He's talking about that really old image from 4chan (like, pre-StrikerS airing) talking about how Signum is Nanoha.

I really hope you guys don't get your hopes up about them including all your favorite non-Nanoha/Fate/Hayate/the Wolkenritter characters because you're probably just setting yourselves up for disappointment But I suppose it is a speculation thread, so...
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 04:08   Link #109
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

An original story could be a way to control/reduce the cast bloat of the franchise.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 04:49   Link #110
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
An original story could be a way to control/reduce the cast bloat of the franchise.
So was the third season, yet they just bloated the cast even more. Ridiculously so.

They also keep adding lots of new characters with each new installment. The Materials, Yuri, the Florians, the OTHER "Belkan emperors", the Gendel...
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 05:37   Link #111
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
I thought Fate ---> Levi

Nanoha ----> Stern

Battle of Aces, you had to basically perfect with Fate, Signum and Chrono during the arcade modes to unlock Material-L.

That's what they're talking about.

Material-D was unlocked when you perfected with Hayate, Reinforce and Shamal, well, Shamal didn't have to beat Reinforce the first time, thankfully, you could redo that 100 times and not affect how it ended up.

And Material-S was unlocked when you perfected with Nanoha, Vita and Zafira.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 07:45   Link #112
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I would like to see the epic tale of how Stern travels back in time to ancient belka.fights in a long war where she meets great friends and foes, learn the ways of the sword and grows into a renowed general before being absorbed by a magical book and get transformed into a guardian knight with a demonic sword, pink hair and no recollection of her memories of her former life as a material xD
Make absolutely no fucking sense. Why the fuck would the book transform her into that form? Let her keep her original is much more advantageous, since generally, fighting with form you're comfortable with is much more easy than with a form you're not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Gotta admit that the whole 'my darkside alternate self becoming my best rival in the future' deal is the product of a more fertile imagination than quite a bit of canon material, though.
Though it would just reeks of Fate/Stay Night rip off in this case.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 08:06   Link #113
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
I really hope you guys don't get your hopes up about them including all your favorite non-Nanoha/Fate/Hayate/the Wolkenritter characters because you're probably just setting yourselves up for disappointment But I suppose it is a speculation thread, so...
This.

If this was a spin-off manga, OVA or even Nanoha Movie Alternate or something... then maybe. Just maybe.

But this is a Movie 3rd, following off the highly successful pair of movies, focused on the highly popular duo.

Movie 3rd is just going to have more Nanoha & Fate Fate... Nanoha... and Hayate...and the Wolkies, in that order of importance.

Original Plot characters would be somewhere in front or behind of the Wolkies, depending how much Tsuzuki care to develop the villains/movie backstory.

Anyone else is simply bonus.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 08:21   Link #114
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
He's talking about that really old image from 4chan (like, pre-StrikerS airing) talking about how Signum is Nanoha.

After how bad the previous two were, I have NO faith in this movie whatsoever.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 09:03   Link #115
KuronaFanboy
Inactive Member

Quote:
I thought Fate ---> Levi

Nanoha ----> Stern

In the original game (Battle of Aces) the Materials had the passive skills of three characters each, which is why they were so broken. In Gears of Destiny they got redone to be a bit more original, but yeah.

I don't think the third movie will focus solely on the existing A's cast though. They're going to have to Worf them to introduce whatever new villains they make, and since it's speculated as a Totally Original Story then it'll be brand new villains, which means that the first half of the movie will be about how the new villains are better/more powerful/more important than the existing cast. Either way the cast will bloat more. Maybe for the better, maybe not.

Don't look at me like that.

They did that for all three seasons of Nanoha, then they did for ViVid, they did it for Force too. You really think the third movie is going to escape the big anime clichés?
KuronaFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 09:27   Link #116
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The only way they can avoid introducing new characters is by going slice-of-life. No way they're going to do that.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 10:12   Link #117
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Unless Hayate decides to take off her gloves and go all "Battle of Aces" on everyone xD!
Battle of Aces only worked because in that timeline Reinforce lived for an extra year to train Hayate
Old 2013-03-25, 10:14   Link #118
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Battle of Aces only worked because in that timeline Reinforce lived for an extra year to train Hayate
Noo don't break the dream xD
Old 2013-03-25, 10:15   Link #119
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The only way they can avoid introducing new characters is by going slice-of-life. No way they're going to do that.
They can actually introduce villains that aren't misunderstood. That way they can focus on the main cast of heroes laying the whoop down on them, and not worry too much about the baddies that aren't worthy of befriending. This also makes it so when they do a 4th movie, the cast wont already feel bloated...

Slice of Life would be SO good, though.
Old 2013-03-25, 10:23   Link #120
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
They can actually introduce villains that aren't misunderstood. That way they can focus on the main cast of heroes laying the whoop down on them, and not worry too much about the baddies that aren't worthy of befriending. This also makes it so when they do a 4th movie, the cast wont already feel bloated...
Even evil needs character and conflict development.

In fact, it's even more important that such characters are given their dues, since the conflict will define the entirety of their character and story, rather than having the crutch of a befriendable back story and drama like Fate and Wolkies.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote