AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 02 Rating
Perfect 10 63 42.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 28.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 14.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 10.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-09, 08:34   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 02 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Clannad ~After Story~ , Episode 02.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers will result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
New additional guideline for spoilers:
Anyone who posts spoilers that should not be posted outside of the spoiler thread will be granted a very special 1 day ban infraction.
Any repeated case will grant the usual "spoiler infraction" which will result into the 3 days ban.
Old 2008-10-09, 10:03   Link #2
Anime Daisuki

I wouldn't mind seeing another light hearted episode before we get into serious things. Since it's about Sunohara, I suppose I'll get it.
Old 2008-10-09, 12:56   Link #3
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
argh-- missed the couple few seconds >__>

Spoiler for ep.2:

episode was totally awesome!

Spoiler for SANAE:
Old 2008-10-09, 13:10   Link #4
Usami Haru
Mr. Broshido
*Graphic Designer

I only have three thing to say about the episode:
I love Sunohara
I love Sanae
I loved this episode.

10/10.

Clannad After Story doesn't fail to deliver....yet.
Old 2008-10-09, 13:24   Link #5
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Bullet summary (sound was kinda mediocre, so it didn't really help to understand what was happening)

Episode 2 (revised summary)

Not as entertaining as the baseball match, but it was quite fun nonetheless. I was actually expecting some twist due the fact Mei knew about Sanae's identity from the beginning (where in the game, she never met Nagisa and Sanae before in the sunohara route), but they really did a nice change (extremely unexpected )
Good stuff for several route (big flag for yukine), and we will get some serious stuff with the sunohara sibling next week.

EDIT: summary reworked, thoughts and caps

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-10-10 at 13:18.
Old 2008-10-09, 16:15   Link #6
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
dammit, i spent too long at gym and didnt make it back to watch clannad live... now i have to wait for zero-raws to take their time

禁則事項です
Old 2008-10-09, 18:47   Link #7
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

A decent set-up episode for Sunohara. But because it's typically Sunohara, that the enjoyment factor is down a little for me, but most people would definitely like it.

Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2008-10-09 at 19:03.
Old 2008-10-09, 19:23   Link #8
FCS-31

This episode is crazy.........

Sanayi is godness..........
Old 2008-10-09, 20:36   Link #9
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well shucks, if we're actually heading into a Sunohara based or centric story arc then I'm probably out for a while. I know a lot of people love this character and his scenes, but I just do not find this guy's formulaic antics of general loudness followed by getting pummeled funny at all. It's of the trying to hard to illicit laughs brand of comedy that just plain doesn't work on me.

Anyway, I'm 100% with Nightengale on how I'd prefer to see Sunohara handled if he's going to be prominent in future episodes.
Old 2008-10-09, 20:46   Link #10
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

If you want that kind of Sunohara, then by all means I'd encourage you to hold your frustration a little and give these episodes a chance. I don't assure you that you will like Sunohara by the end, but the Sunohara sibblings arc in the game isn't considered one of the best for nothing.
Old 2008-10-09, 20:55   Link #11
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
If you want that kind of Sunohara, then by all means I'd encourage you to hold your frustration a little and give these episodes a chance. I don't assure you that you will like Sunohara by the end, but the Sunohara sibblings arc in the game isn't considered one of the best for nothing.
Well considering that since everyone has their favourite game arcs to whose superiority they will attest (the same goes for any game really), I've pretty much heard by this point that every arc is "one of the best". So really I'd prefer to just wait and see so that I can make up my own mind. I think that's the best approach, don't you? Especially since more often then not I'm indifferent to most aspects of a show that people seem to approve of and vice versa.
Old 2008-10-09, 21:19   Link #12
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well... at least I can assure you there are 1 or 2 that can are universally considered one of the worst. From a less biased POV though, the route is well told. My main point wasn't that by the end of the route you will fall in love with Sunohara, but at the very least you will find it solid. Whether you like it or not is up to personal taste, as you mention, however if what you want to see is a different perspective on his character then this is a good chance.
Old 2008-10-09, 21:39   Link #13
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Well... at least I can assure you there are 1 or 2 that can are universally considered one of the worst. From a less biased POV though, the route is well told. My main point wasn't that by the end of the route you will fall in love with Sunohara, but at the very least you will find it solid. Whether you like it or not is up to personal taste, as you mention, however if what you want to see is a different perspective on his character then this is a good chance.
So I can hear his story, but I don't have to like him ala Jean-Baptiste Clemence from The Fall.....okay, sounds like a fair deal.
Old 2008-10-09, 22:11   Link #14
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

I see the raw is up... I always wait for subs sadly. Well, they should be up tomorrow morning like last time, I give mad props to the subbing groups for their speed!
Old 2008-10-09, 22:50   Link #15
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Well, the eventual Sunohara development in his story aside, my criticism of Sunohara's generalized role of rag-bag doesn't restrict itself merely to any form of Sunohara centralized material anyway. I don't don't quite enjoy seeing him being treated as 99% gag be it his route or whoever's, especially since it's not like he has no subtle elements to his character, as evident from the Nagisa episodes in S1 and Tomoyo episode. His abuse, to me... It got old the 7th time, even though I'll give the writers credit for making the jokes fresh constantly.

My opinion on his route's finality is a different thing, (( played it on the PS2 )), but I'll keep that to myself until the time comes.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-10-09, 23:33   Link #16
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Yeah Yukine flag ^-^ that was great XD Sanae twist suprised me didn't expect them to do that either! Yeah since he is fused into everyone's route, Sunohara gets his share of ass kicking. Can we hope for 64 hit??? I hope so >.< Can't wait to see how they will handle sunohara route next.
Old 2008-10-10, 02:21   Link #17
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
yes! finally watched ep2 (missed it on live streaming)... hell i ended up watching the second half twice lol
Spoiler for episode 2:

禁則事項です
Old 2008-10-10, 02:39   Link #18
Joachim
et tu, brute?

so it is the sibling arc.. gotta love-hate sunohara in the future eps then
Old 2008-10-10, 02:40   Link #19
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

This was a pretty fun episode to watch.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-10-10, 02:56   Link #20
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Somehow, there exists an urge to do bodily harm to Sunohara Youhei in me after this episode was done... but anyways.

KyoAni pretty much spent this episode setting flags and then grabbing peoples' attention onto Sanae. I find it interesting how Nagisa had a slight change in hairstyle just for the cosplay part of the story.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Closed Thread