AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-01-07, 22:06   Link #261
Shining Celebi
a

Orochimaru has been a complete joke throughout Part 2.

I wouldn't hope for much.

I really like his character as a villain in Part 1, especially in the beginning - remember how he paralyzed Kakashi with fear?

Ever since he's been a total loser...the Naruto battle was just a monster battle, Sasuke killed him in bed without a fight, then Sharingan'd him, then Itachi one-shotted him and now he's Sasuke's pet.

I think Kishimoto has been trying to "undo" this with the recent revelations about Orochimaru's super genius knowing everyone's secret and something about some power that can control the world...

...but dude, he got murdered by a teenager while he was lying in bed crying about being sick.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 00:17   Link #262
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
If Chouji [...]
Chouji has displayed considerably more power in his last intervention than everything Sakura ever did put together -and then multiplied by ten- in the last 615 chapters. Truthfully the very fact that the author devoted more time to Chouji than to Sakura in this war says it all about Sakura's importance plot wise.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 01:43   Link #263
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
Orochimaru has been a complete joke throughout Part 2.

I wouldn't hope for much.

I really like his character as a villain in Part 1, especially in the beginning - remember how he paralyzed Kakashi with fear?

Ever since he's been a total loser...the Naruto battle was just a monster battle, Sasuke killed him in bed without a fight, then Sharingan'd him, then Itachi one-shotted him and now he's Sasuke's pet.

I think Kishimoto has been trying to "undo" this with the recent revelations about Orochimaru's super genius knowing everyone's secret and something about some power that can control the world...

...but dude, he got murdered by a teenager while he was lying in bed crying about being sick.
Oro has been a clown ever since it was revealed Itachi handled him in less than 10 seconds...
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 01:53   Link #264
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Chouji has displayed considerably more power in his last intervention than everything Sakura ever did put together -and then multiplied by ten- in the last 615 chapters. Truthfully the very fact that the author devoted more time to Chouji than to Sakura in this war says it all about Sakura's importance plot wise.
Power is meaningless against characters of little to no importance. For example, Naruto taking down a slew of 'named' big bad zombies is, on paper, impressive, but none of the zombies had any real relevance (and many of them did little of consequence since they only killed no name fodder), so besides some name recognition and impressive displays of power the battles were pointless.

That being said, I do agree that Chouji (and even Tenten and Temari) has been painted as being more important than Sakura in this war, that is why I expressed the belief that Sakura is being saved for Sasuke's reemergence. She's on the battlefield, Sasuke will get their eventually, now Kishimoto just has to connect the dots and add the figures and hopefully not get the wrong conclusion...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 09:35   Link #265
iBeast

Quote:
Power is meaningless against characters of little to no importance. For example, Naruto taking down a slew of 'named' big bad zombies is, on paper, impressive, but none of the zombies had any real relevance (and many of them did little of consequence since they only killed no name fodder), so besides some name recognition and impressive displays of power the battles were pointless.

That being said, I do agree that Chouji (and even Tenten and Temari) has been painted as being more important than Sakura in this war, that is why I expressed the belief that Sakura is being saved for Sasuke's reemergence. She's on the battlefield, Sasuke will get their eventually, now Kishimoto just has to connect the dots and add the figures and hopefully not get the wrong conclusion...
Are you expecting Sakura to try and poison Sasuke again?
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 09:55   Link #266
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Are you expecting Sakura to try and poison Sasuke again?
I'm not expecting anything, but I am hoping Kishimoto will have Sakura live up to the basic potential he has already shown her to have...then again, considering how easily Kishimoto threw under the bus during the last encounter with Sasuke, my hopes are probably unjustified.
Old 2013-01-08, 12:28   Link #267
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Sasori had no relevance either in the grand scheme of things but her participation in his demise was the best thing that ever happened to her character. The reason characters like Gaara or Shikamaru stay more relevant is precisely because they can take on some of those meaningless enemies and be impressive about it.
Because she has done nothing and worse wasn't shown doing anything Sakura taking on Orochimaru at this point would be even more stupid than Chouji and Tenten. She is become a nobody both power and plot-wise.

I think I already tried to explain this without much success to Dengar but a character who doesn't fight in a shounen fighting story is simply irrelevant. What this fight entail isn't important, the author could have made a couple of chapters with Sakura fighting against a Zetsu-spore based disease killing thousands within the Alliance and her struggle to save them all in time and it would work too. On screen display of fighting spirit is what keep a character relevant if not important. Without that you're just part of the scenery.

Quote:
I get what you're saying, I really do but I think you're willfully ignoring a few dots because they don't paint a picture you like to look at. Mainly the fact that Sakura flatly admitted to herself that she wouldn't intervene in the Sasuke/Naruto situation anymore because she couldn't say or do anything of importance about it. The only thing that remained for her was to believe in them (sic).
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 12:44   Link #268
james0246

Quote:
Sasori had no relevance either in the grand scheme of things but her participation in his demise was the best thing that ever happened to her character. The reason characters like Gaara or Shikamaru stay more relevant is precisely because they can take on some of those meaningless enemies and be impressive about it.
Sasori helped capture a bijuu. That instantly makes him important (instantly more important than anything any of the zombies have done). Of the Konoha characters, her one battle easily outranks all other characters save for Shikimaru no matter their amount of battles.

Quote:
I think I already tried to explain this without much success to Dengar but a character who doesn't fight in a shounen fighting story is simply irrelevant.
That is a fair point, and I do not disagree with the generality of the statement. Sakura is in a unique situation though, because she was an actual main character that has been foisted off to the background. I do expect Kishimoto to simply cast her aside (I'm more than willing to acknowledge that Kishimoto doesn't care anymore), but in a short time all of Team 7 will be on the battlefield, and that could be (and I hope it is) the moment Sakura becomes relevant again.
Old 2013-01-08, 13:42   Link #269
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Because she has done nothing and worse wasn't shown doing anything Sakura taking on Orochimaru at this point would be even more stupid than Chouji and Tenten. She is become a nobody both power and plot-wise.

I think I already tried to explain this without much success to Dengar but a character who doesn't fight in a shounen fighting story is simply irrelevant. What this fight entail isn't important, the author could have made a couple of chapters with Sakura fighting against a Zetsu-spore based disease killing thousands within the Alliance and her struggle to save them all in time and it would work too. On screen display of fighting spirit is what keep a character relevant if not important. Without that you're just part of the scenery.

I get what you're saying, I really do but I think you're willfully ignoring a few dots because they don't paint a picture you like to look at. Mainly the fact that Sakura flatly admitted to herself that she wouldn't intervene in the Sasuke/Naruto situation anymore because she couldn't say or do anything of importance about it. The only thing that remained for her was to believe in them (sic).
Uhhh, I just don't feel any frustration at the fact that Sakura isn't fighting. Really, to me there just isn't any problem here.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 13:46   Link #270
winteragain

So anyone think the Hokages..minus Tsunade, are going to come back rejuvenated for round 2? If they do, how will they play a part in the fight?

How will the dynamic of Madara and Obito shift as Obito starts to lose against alliance and jeopardizing the moons eye objective ?

I mean the Obito's vision will be false since the moon eye objective is incomplete anyway. People would not all be in the fantasy illusion world. This situation would have people that are not in the moons eye illusion and be awake in the painful ninja world...If that was the goal then it was really about being a dictator and not the noble goal of erasing all ninja humanities pain.

How do you think an uncontrolled juubi will act? Just for giggles, lets have Juubi go uncontrolled into chaos mode has revelation that the world is not worth saving ..sticks out both middle fingers (utilizing all elements combined to make monumental structure for all to see) to both Alliance and Madara + Obito. Then goes and blows up the entire world. "This plan in my honest opinion is the best see ya all." quote by 10 tails. 10 Tails then goes and hits the "that was easy button" at his new home on another planet where ninjas don't exist.

Just kidding.

Last edited by winteragain; 2013-01-08 at 14:05.
winteragain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 13:51   Link #271
gibits
Endless

Hunter: I'm going to have to disagree with you. Hinata barely fights at all and yet she has been quite impactful in this shonen series. Sakura's uselessness isn't due to lack of fighting, it is due to lack of progression. She started part 2 strong with the killing of Sasori but then just withered on the vine. The few times she does do something it is to hinder Naruto and the Leaf 11 in some way.
At this point, most fans would just prefer she sit back and just save people (at least I would).

As for Chouji beating Oro? Why not? Kishi himself admitted that Chouji and Killer B were his favorites. Kishi's favorites usually go on to dominate the plot, just lOok at what happened with Sasuke.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 14:06   Link #272
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by winteragain View Post
So anyone think the Hokages..minus Tsunade, are going to come back rejuvenated for round 2? If they do, how will they play a part in the fight?
At this point i think the best they can do is to help Naruto in whatever he tries to do, either by buying him time or to protect a worn out Naruto from Madara after Obito already died and the 10-tails broke down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winteragain View Post
How will the dynamic of Madara and Obito shift as Obito starts to lose against alliance and jeopardizing the moons eye objective ?
At this point if Obito doesn't betray Madara i don't see how could the alliance survive this. So i think Naruto will in the end turn Obito against Madara. As for Madara, i think he doesn't even want to go with Obito's plan now, he would rather want to capture the remaining 2 demons and create a perfect 10-tails. Of course there is a chance that if Obito is cornered by Shikaku's strategy then he will rather sacrifice himself to revive Madara just to prove that he is right to Naruto. But i think that won't happen because the author wants to give Kakashi a happy end here, and thus Obito will join the good guys just before he dies, and we will see an emotional scene with Kakashi and Obito as Obito dies (then maybe a scene where Obito meets Rin on the other side).
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 14:11   Link #273
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
At this point if Obito doesn't betray Madara i don't see how could the alliance survive this.
....Doing pretty well so far.

Besides, Naruto winning due to the mercy of the villain? How lame would that be?
Old 2013-01-08, 14:15   Link #274
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
....Doing pretty well so far.

Besides, Naruto winning due to the mercy of the villain? How lame would that be?
Let's ask Nagato sometime...
Old 2013-01-08, 14:17   Link #275
gibits
Endless

My predictions for the war: Obito sees the error of his ways and tries to turn on Madara. Madara uses genjutsu to force him to sacrifice himself and fully revive Madara. Creates AU/matrix, and we spend some chapters in there until Naruto inspires others to break out of the dream. Everyone wakes up, Naruto and B kill non zombie Madara juubi. The end.

I don't really get why Madara can't be a Jinchuriki as a zombie though. I mean, didn't B and Naruto just fight a bunch of zombie Jinchurikis? Kishi really dropping the ball on consistency.
Old 2013-01-08, 14:17   Link #276
Eragon
Still Alive

Or the kid with Zabuza
Old 2013-01-08, 14:19   Link #277
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Naruto kicked Pain's ass. No mercy was given to Naruto. Give credit where it is due.
Old 2013-01-08, 14:28   Link #278
winteragain

@ Dengar..it would be lame if it was mercy but for love..I mean wasn't obito just a misguided soul that saw only the aftermath of the death of Rin while knowing nothing of the circumstances .. If Obito knew the awesome Kishi backstory and turns betrayal mode on Madara it would be understandable I think.

@Ero-Senn1n..What if Shikaku knows that Obito must sacrafice himself so the alliance strategy was to kill Obito before he can fully revive Madara the right way. The alliance does a fake attack on Juubi but actually meant for Obito having all the alliance direct their forces on him..and Kakashi being the one to take him out too. Kakashi in his and Obito's last words by genitsu shows the backstory of why he killed Rin. Giving closure and making the ultimate year of Kakashi ending of two best friends that rekindled their differences. Then as a leaving message by Obito a secret of how to defeat the 10 tails or Madara.
winteragain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 14:37   Link #279
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^I don't really think Obito actually cared much for the circumstances.

Quote:
What would you ask the guy who got completely obliterated by Naruto (and only Naruto)?
Old 2013-01-08, 14:54   Link #280
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
Naruto kicked Pain's ass. No mercy was given to Naruto. Give credit where it is due.
Never said anything about the puppets. Nagato gave up. Whether it can be seen as an act of mercy or not is debatable, but he still gave up (and for stupid reasons).

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion