AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-17, 07:28   Link #1501
Awrya
U mad?

Even in rated, a Single is still 3v3, a bit disappointed there wasn't a 6v6 Single option.

Edit: If Scizor uses Pursuit and the opponent switches out, do I get the 50% bonus from Technican first or does the base power double first?

Last edited by Awrya; 2013-11-17 at 08:41.
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 09:44   Link #1502
JohnNiles

Finally bred a shiny Ralts - took over 2000 eggs and it is MALE. I strained my left shoulder pretty badly collecting and hatching eggs so I need to be real careful in order to let it heal. Moving onto the next hunt. I've resorted to using the ole coin-under-the-circle-pad trick; hopefully I don't wind up damaging my 3DS.

I need to be a little more cautious about accepting random battles. Last one I took had unlimited levels AND saddled me with a handicap so it was my 2 pokemon against his 3 that were 10 levels higher. Needless to say I was quickly humiliated.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 10:11   Link #1503
Tormenk

I have tried the coin method and you should be fine as well. Unless you plan to do it for hours on end. And every experience in a battle is valuable even if you lost. Losing affords plentiful insight into the strategies and pokemons people like to run with. I have lost ~30 thirty battles out of a scant pool of 40+ matches but it's still very fun.

Ran into a swagger Kfleki set sometime ago taught me the value of a taunt user or something that can break through substitutes. That match was highly aggravating.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 10:44   Link #1504
JohnNiles

I do plan to do it for hours on end o.o. That's how I wound up injured in the first place. I guess I'd rather risk my hardware than my... well, body.

It's not the losing that annoyed me; it was the uneven playing field. I had a chance to say no or correct the settings, but didn't pay close enough attention.

There's been a lot of chatter about Klefki; Personally, I think it's scary. Haven't done more than play some random battles, so I haven't been playing against really serious types.

I wish the Battle Maison had something quicker than "try and get 100 wins in a row". I really miss the Pokemon World Tournament. I've been using the Battle Institute to get my quick fix.

edit: !@#!@# the Battle Institute! I just got screwed over by a Taunt/Sucker Punch combo. There's my live and learn for the day, I guess.
Old 2013-11-17, 11:52   Link #1505
Awrya
U mad?

Exactly how many hours did you breed to injure your shoulder.
Instead of a coin, I recommend using a bank card or something similar, unless your coin is quite thin. I tried it with a penny first, didn't work that well because it was too thick, but a bank card fit perfectly.

Breeding is completely random, spent 16 hours over three days to breed 31/x/31/31/31/31 Noibat, while it took 2.5 hours to breed 31/31/31/x/31/31 Fletchling with HA.
I'd really like to use Magnezone because it looks awesome, but breeding it will take a long time since Ditto and Magneton don't like each other very well.
Old 2013-11-17, 21:49   Link #1506
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
Finally bred a shiny Ralts - took over 2000 eggs and it is MALE. I strained my left shoulder pretty badly collecting and hatching eggs so I need to be real careful in order to let it heal. Moving onto the next hunt. I've resorted to using the ole coin-under-the-circle-pad trick; hopefully I don't wind up damaging my 3DS.
I hope for your sake that ralts is adamant so you have a gallade or timid so you make gardevoir with black dress funny thing is shiny mega gardy reminds me of a
fat gothitelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Exactly how many hours did you breed to injure your shoulder.
Instead of a coin, I recommend using a bank card or something similar, unless your coin is quite thin. I tried it with a penny first, didn't work that well because it was too thick, but a bank card fit perfectly.

Breeding is completely random, spent 16 hours over three days to breed 31/x/31/31/31/31 Noibat, while it took 2.5 hours to breed 31/31/31/x/31/31 Fletchling with HA.
I'd really like to use Magnezone because it looks awesome, but breeding it will take a long time since Ditto and Magneton don't like each other very well.
Magnezone looks awesome but its not a good pokemon other then to trap and demolish skarmory.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 22:22   Link #1507
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

Just a note, since I'm not into breeding the best pokemon but collectin them all, here something interesting people are doing on facebook now and finding it interesting I did mine on Photoshop, it's an image with you safari's pokemons and your friend code :P

Spoiler for Image:

I think we could all make one for each, it should be fun
jvcscasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 07:27   Link #1508
ImperialFlameGod8190

^that looks interesting but now im searching does anybody have access to ivysaur with its hidden ability if you do id like one that's male or female doesn't matter as long as it has chlorophyll if u have it please message me also message with what you would like in return and if I can get it I will IV's are going to be an issue but I can certainly get pokemon
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 09:25   Link #1509
Awrya
U mad?

^
Send you a PM.

When you use the Ability Capsule, does it change the Hidden Ability into the normal one?
Don't have the spare BP to test it right now.
Old 2013-11-18, 12:07   Link #1510
Marina2

Can someone recommend me a good support-role Pokemon for a double battle (in Battle Maison) ? (A Pokemon that can buff ally or debuff enemy)

Also, Is Florges good to use?

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-11-18 at 12:26.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 20:45   Link #1511
JohnNiles

@Awrya: Too many, too many. I blame it on getting old. Thanks for the card suggestion- it's working well, and if the button dies, it dies. I won't try this stunt on a specialty model.

Useless stats:
Hours played: 409 (some of that is due to falling asleep) - 80 of that for the main playthrough.
# eggs hatched: 3031. I had to fight a battle to get that data, of course.

@ImperialFlameGod8190: It's Modest, actually. I looked at its stat distribution and concede that it is brittle and slow. I may take a second crack at it once I've obtained all the shinies I want the first time around. I suppose I should test non-shiny variations before starting a breeding project, but it's too much fun to stop.

Hatched my third shiny team member today - it was a short hunt, which is good, but it's messed up on the one IV that I need maxed. Oh well. Not much point in fussing considering recent developments and Pokebank is coming.

For my next hunt, I realized that I could have chosen a better nature, but the Japanese poke I'm breeding against actually has it. Thank you, random Japanese donor.
Old 2013-11-19, 11:52   Link #1512
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
When you use the Ability Capsule, does it change the Hidden Ability into the normal one?
Don't have the spare BP to test it right now.
According to serebii.net, it doesn't.

On another note, does anyone have a Huge Power Bunnelby to spare?
Old 2013-11-19, 12:00   Link #1513
Shadow5YA

In other news, Blaziken is banned again

Not much surprise there because of Speed Boost.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 12:09   Link #1514
GDB

He's been banned for about a week now. Honestly, I don't accept this ban for the time being. There was no voting, and he wasn't even dominating. "Have to use Talonflame or Azumarril" isn't really an excuse when they're already in the top 5 most used Pokemon, even without Blaziken in the meta. They can't even seem to agree on what makes him broken. 2.5 of their three points apply to Scoliopede as well, yet he's considered crap.

Oh, and I like the reasoning used later, that new stuff that's popular is weak to it. Okay? That's not a reason to ban it. Mega-Evolution? Ban the stone like what will likely happen with Gengarite.

And despite there being a far more unanimous consensus that Mega-Gengar and Mega-Kanghaskhan are broken and ready to be sent to ubers... they still haven't been banned. Yet their usage is far higher than Blaziken's. So why was he auto-banned without community feedback?

And that's why the "council" can go shove it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 12:15   Link #1515
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcscasio View Post
Add me too: 5000-2722-9144

Mine is eletric :P

On another note...

If Dragonite is Dragonite, Dragonite's mega stone would be Dragonitenite?
Added you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun pls View Post
Added you :>
(and no problem for the list?? Though it's not up to date I guess xD)
Thanks Jun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
@zodankho: you're Ground type, actually (Wooper and Nincada).
Oh ok haha. Thanks.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 12:37   Link #1516
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He's been banned for about a week now. Honestly, I don't accept this ban for the time being. There was no voting, and he wasn't even dominating. "Have to use Talonflame or Azumarril" isn't really an excuse when they're already in the top 5 most used Pokemon, even without Blaziken in the meta. They can't even seem to agree on what makes him broken. 2.5 of their three points apply to Scoliopede as well, yet he's considered crap.

Oh, and I like the reasoning used later, that new stuff that's popular is weak to it. Okay? That's not a reason to ban it. Mega-Evolution? Ban the stone like what will likely happen with Gengarite.
Huh? They're banning regular Blaziken for being too powerful, not just the Mega.

I mostly agree with the Speed Boost argument, considering it really is easy to get that buff using Protect or Substitute. The risk of being damaged on the turn the Pokémon is buffing is more or less nonexistent for Blaziken.

Blaziken pretty much sweeps any Pokémon that can't OHKO with a priority move, like Azumarill with Aqua Jet or Talonflame with Brave Bird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
And despite there being a far more unanimous consensus that Mega-Gengar and Mega-Kanghaskhan are broken and ready to be sent to ubers... they still haven't been banned. Yet their usage is far higher than Blaziken's. So why was he auto-banned without community feedback?

And that's why the "council" can go shove it.
I can agree with those Pokémon being even more broken, but I don't think that makes Blaziken fair at all.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 12:43   Link #1517
GDB

But they included the fact that it got a "boost" by having a mega as an expanded reason for banning him. I'm not saying he's not necessarily broken, I'm just saying they went about banning him wrong. As such, I do not accept their ban, as it's being unfair to Blaziken.

Basically, if they want me (and people in general) to respect their tiering and metagame at all, they need to be consistent. That means open debate with voting, as they have always done. Not this shady, behind-the-scenes illuminati crap.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 18:24   Link #1518
Deathscyther

Hey guys. I didn't have much time to play Pokemon these last few weeks, so I just finished the Pokemon League a few days ago. I'll have a bit more time on my hands from now on, so I can finally start training some Pokemon.

My Friend Code is 4227-1831-4699. I don't know what the type of my safari is. I've added most of you guys as well.
Old 2013-11-19, 21:32   Link #1519
JohnNiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
Hey guys. I didn't have much time to play Pokemon these last few weeks, so I just finished the Pokemon League a few days ago. I'll have a bit more time on my hands from now on, so I can finally start training some Pokemon.

My Friend Code is 4227-1831-4699. I don't know what the type of my safari is. I've added most of you guys as well.
It's Dragon, with Fraxure and Shelgon in the first two slots.

edit: Looks like your third pokemon is Druddigon.

Last edited by JohnNiles; 2013-11-20 at 16:35.
Old 2013-11-21, 15:42   Link #1520
Awrya
U mad?

I can now call myself a proud owner of a Marill (soon Azumarill) with 6 perfect IVs.
Instead of simply judging it to have outstanding potential, the judge should say something specialfor 6 31 IV pokemon, like:
"This Pokemon must have been born under a lucky star"
"This Pokemon is perfect in every way"
or something along those lines.

It's also male, so I can breed it with other pokemon in fairy and water 1 group.

Tags
pokemon x & y, rpg