Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-11-25, 09:47   Link #1
JoeStoppable
I'm Unstoppable

Send a message via AIM to JoeStoppable
Happy Thanksgiving

Happy thanksgiving everyone!!!!

I wish all my fellow anime lovers out there a very happy thanksgiving.

When ur family asks you what ur thankful for, please dont forget to mention anime

I know that will be the first thing I say
JoeStoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 10:18   Link #2
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

Nice thread ^_^

And Happy Thanksgiving to you as well, try thinking of a few other things you're thankful for though ~_~
Onibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 10:39   Link #3
JoeStoppable
I'm Unstoppable

HAHAHHA Your right your right. HAHAHAHA

I am thankful for a lot more its just anime is the one of my top reasons for being thankful. HAHHHAHA
Old 2004-11-25, 10:48   Link #4
xargon

Happy thanksgiving from me as well.
Too bad i'll be burried under a ton of school work.
xargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 10:53   Link #5
JoeStoppable
I'm Unstoppable

Quote:
Originally Posted by xargon
Happy thanksgiving from me as well.
Too bad i'll be burried under a ton of school work.

On freakin Thanksgiving weekend. What KINDA MONSTERs WOULD DO THAT!!!!!

Just dont do it. Simple no? HAHHAHA NO I dont want you to fail. But yah that sucks.

Well happy thanksgiving anywayz
Old 2004-11-25, 14:12   Link #6
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Happy Turkey day everyone! gobble gobble.

Unfortunatly I have to go to work a 1 to 10 shift tonight.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 15:30   Link #7
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Just 90 more minutes until I eat the dead roasted bird's innards. Mmmm.... Bird flesh. then we have leftovers for future lunches drowned in gravy. :drool: My mouth waters....

Oh, yeah. And happy Thanksgiving to all.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 15:51   Link #8
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Happy thanksgiving fellas, I just downed some Pumpkin Pie... Mm... There's 90 more pounds..
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 16:06   Link #9
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

This year, our turkey is 26 pounds so we were worried about how long it would take to cook. Fortunately its cooking well and should be finished in another 20 minutes. Plenty of time before dinner... whew! My whole family is going to be here to eat it as well as a friend whose family is in another state. That togetherness is what Thanksgiving is all about. I hope that everyone else is going to be with their families as well.

Looking so yummy, that it'll be hard waiting.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 16:12   Link #10
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
This year, our turkey is 26 pounds so we were worried about how long it would take to cook. Fortunately its cooking well and should be finished in another 20 minutes. Plenty of time before dinner... whew! My whole family is going to be here to eat it as well as a friend whose family is in another state. That togetherness is what Thanksgiving is all about. I hope that everyone else is going to be with their families as well.

Looking so yummy, that it'll be hard waiting.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Joy, they should introduce it over here as well then, I'm sitting all alone at home right now . But the good news is Standard Liège beat up Parma in the UEFA -Cup

Anyway : to all you Americans (and other people that celebrate thanksgiving) : Have a perfect evening !
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 16:24   Link #11
tonigobe
Inactive Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Joy, they should introduce it over here as well then, I'm sitting all alone at home right now . But the good news is Standard Liège beat up Parma in the UEFA -Cup

Anyway : to all you Americans (and other people that celebrate thanksgiving) : Have a perfect evening !
Thanks for the holiday wishes! Glad to hear your team won! Now you have something to be thankful for, too! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. B-safe, minna-san!
tonigobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 16:32   Link #12
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
A perfect evening?! Didn't you understand me? I said I was with my whole family! No evening that someone's whole family gets together can possibly be perfect. Though I expect that we are going to have a great time despite the evening's imperfections.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-11-25, 16:57   Link #13
Shoeshefied

Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
......hmm glad everyone enjoyed their T-day today

..welll...first off i would like to give thanks to my family, all my friends, everybody in japan, and god please forgivee everybody for their sinful slaughtering of the turkeys. (very meaningless indeedd, evil eviil evill)... = *(..... well actually my oven broke... but so we have this smaller conventional oven for back upp. Poor two-pieced turkey being ovenated and burnt to a crisp... i wont eattt it, too sad. (wheress my ketchup bottle daymitt) HappY thAnksgiving !!
Shoeshefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 17:57   Link #14
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

*stumbles into the thread and begins breathing heavily, holding abdomen in pain*

I LOVE THANKSGIVING!

Best holiday ever

boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 19:02   Link #15
MikoKikyo

Yeah... Thanksgiving is definitely the fat kid's holiday.

Personally, I'm not so crazy about it cuz I have to help out cooking and cleaning, and making small talk for the guests that we always have over... I like being off from school though
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 19:17   Link #16
HopelessLover

I'm celebrating thanksgiving tomorrow.
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 21:05   Link #17
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Did I read right or did you type wrong?! 26 POUNDS!?

0_o

Damn. I never knew that turkey's could be bought that big. How long did it take to cook? Somewhere between 2 and a half hours to three hours? We're talking about a family gathering, not a feast for a whole kingdom.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 21:10   Link #18
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
Did I read right or did you type wrong?! 26 POUNDS!?

0_o

Damn. I never knew that turkey's could be bought that big. How long did it take to cook? Somewhere between 2 and a half hours to three hours? We're talking about a family gathering, not a feast for a whole kingdom.
My mother's boss was giving out free turkeys to everyone in the office and she got the lucky draw. I weighed it myself, so I know that I got the weight correct. It was a bit overwhelming.

The hardest part was getting it into a pan. Whe had to improvise a lid out of tin foil because there was no way we were getting the lid on the roaster with that monster squeezed into it. As for cooking time, it went into the oven at 11:20am and at 4:30pm it was cooked to perfection. Yum! It really came out tasty. That's a good thing since we're gonna be enjoying it for the next week! Every single day for the next week...

Old 2004-11-25, 21:17   Link #19
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Thumbs up

Well we just came home from InLaws for thanksgiving today. I hope you all enjoyed it. The food, The family all the fun stuff.............. I hope you all notice I put FOOD first. Anyhow:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

ps I really do love my inlaws but you all know how family is................
LoveOfAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 22:05   Link #20
TheLaughingMan
Nee-san is...

Send a message via AIM to TheLaughingMan
Last year, my family got a 25 LB turkey, which was on sale at the time. We had to cut it up and cook in separate pans. @_@ Needless to say, we had turkey a lot that week.

This year I didn't do too much. Went to visit and eat out with my sister in law's family.
TheLaughingMan is offline   Reply With Quote