AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-11-09, 12:13   Link #1
ohitislove

Wishing for More Time...

Do you ever just wish you could be in more than one place at a time??? I do just about everyday... There are just so many things that I need to do… I swear my life should be made into a movie...

Does anyone else feel this way.
ohitislove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 12:47   Link #2
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohitislove View Post
Do you ever just wish you could be in more than one place at a time??? I do just about everyday... There are just so many things that I need to do… I swear my life should be made into a movie...

I do sometime think of this but i'm more interested in how it would feel to have a longer period per day, like 36 hours instead of 24. Since humans are intuned for 24 hours. Would we sleep twice a day and have 60 hour work week, stuff like that.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 12:51   Link #3
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohitislove View Post

Rather then that isn't it wishing you where somewhere else? I'd rather not go to work/go to school and do something else, but hey I need to eat you know. :/
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 14:03   Link #4
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I wish I were more efficient. It's a natural thing, and I believe it's been studied, that people seem to get the same amount of work done, regardless of how much time they have. If I could really be efficient, then I wouldn't need more time.

Part of efficiency would be spending less time on these forums
Old 2007-11-09, 14:08   Link #5
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Part of efficiency would be spending less time on these forums
hahaha, so true. I spend like a hour or so every day on animesuki, then I go to CNN, then hongfire, then daisuki then moeimouto then I check my email inb/t these too. I don't do myspace or facebook though.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 15:15   Link #6
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

^ Don't you have homework to do or something? How much of a raskal are you?

-
Yes me needz much much more time too! x_O *sob*
I manage some time from time to time by stealing time from my sleep, but that comes back to bites me.
Old 2007-11-09, 15:39   Link #7
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
If we have more time (hours) we would have to work longer. Isn't Immortality better than having more hours??
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 15:40   Link #8
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I could do so well with an extra day a week, making it a 5 days of work, 3 days of rest week.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 15:45   Link #9
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

^ Some people don't have your 2 days of rest you know. xP
Old 2007-11-09, 15:52   Link #10
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
^ Some people don't have your 2 days of rest you know. xP
Haha, fair enough, but it would still be good for those people

Over here, there was a commercial by a local beer brand, some years ago, in which it was proposed among some friends at a bar that, since "Sunday" in Spanish is called "Domingo", and since that name can also be used as a personal name, why didn't they add a new day to the week, naming it "Osvaldo" after one of those guys. It was quite funny and well carried out. Now, whenever someone makes a comment like "Why doesn't the week have an extra day!?", a comment about the "Osvaldo day" usually comes up

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 16:09   Link #11
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Yes, I wish I could be in more than one place at one time...so I could get in touch with old friends.
Old 2007-11-09, 16:24   Link #12
Thrasher187
Spellcaster
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Thrasher187
Yes, that would be great if I could be in more than one place at a time. I could go to work and watch anime at the same time!
Thrasher187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 18:28   Link #13
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
I do wish for more time in the day. As I've learned to enjoy being productive and get by without needing as much "personal" time to feel as though I'm not having my soul sucked from me, though, I've started wishing not as much for more time, but more time TO SLEEP during my body clock's schedule. I spend my evenings in a zombie-like fashion, often unable to even watch a show properly. My weekends, rather than spent on enjoyable activity, are simply spent recovering.

I could make so much better use of my existing time if I could be consistently well rested. I only had half a day to work, but instead of making good use of an afternoon off on a BEAUTIFUL day, I crashed and spent my time sleeping.

Now that DST is over with, things are easier. Hopefully I'll be in better shape after a few weeks of "real time".

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 19:34   Link #14
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

I don't know about more time. I use my time they way I want too. The only thing that I really hope for is to enjoy life like I did when I was in year 10. Now I am in Year 11 and trust me you still have to do work on your holidays, some holidays. But , yeah, more time. I'll pass.

Oh and to Kyussai, DST is the best time ever. The days longer and you get way more stuff then because of it.

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 19:36   Link #15
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
I wish I will get like 13 hous of sleepall day during school days. Then that will be sweet.
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 20:03   Link #16
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-random View Post
I don't know about more time. I use my time they way I want too. The only thing that I really hope for is to enjoy life like I did when I was in year 10. Now I am in Year 11 and trust me you still have to do work on your holidays, some holidays. But , yeah, more time. I'll pass.

Oh and to Kyussai, DST is the best time ever. The days longer and you get way more stuff then because of it.
The days are longer because of the tilt of the earth relative to the sun.
DST is just the delusion that the hours come earlier to encourage us all to wake up and start our days earlier.

While I appreciate the idea of getting the work day done earlier...
a) Going to work earlier doesn't require us to pretend time has shifted.
b) DST does nothing to change my body clock. During standard time, I already have enough trouble from my body clock making my resting hours a later time than what they should be to match my employer's demands, which severely cuts down on my rest. DST makes it even worse. You people who have no trouble adjusting your sleep schedules should be thankful.

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Old 2007-11-09, 21:19   Link #17
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

You know, I always wonder what life would be like if I was immortal. Then it hits me, I'd be even more of a slacker. If I'm worried about wasting time with the limited amount I have, how much would I procrastinate if I had all the time in the world?

In all fairness though, I don't really consider any time to be "wasted". Sure, it could have been spent doing many things but even then, when it's over you'd still wish for more time to do other things. I think if anything I regret some choices I've made and how they've affected my life, but never has it crossed my mind that it was the result of wasted time.
Old 2007-11-09, 23:02   Link #18
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
The days are longer because of the tilt of the earth relative to the sun.
DST is just the delusion that the hours come earlier to encourage us all to wake up and start our days earlier.

While I appreciate the idea of getting the work day done earlier...
a) Going to work earlier doesn't require us to pretend time has shifted.
b) DST does nothing to change my body clock. During standard time, I already have enough trouble from my body clock making my resting hours a later time than what they should be to match my employer's demands, which severely cuts down on my rest. DST makes it even worse. You people who have no trouble adjusting your sleep schedules should be thankful.
Dude, you said like you have hypersomnia. I challenge you to sleep for exactly 9 hours a day. So wake go to bad at 9pm and wake up at 6am. Or 8 hours if your like me and have to study till 10 (don't ask). I mean I laz around all day but still I don't feel tired and keep myself from being bored.

Thanks Sephi
Old 2007-11-10, 00:12   Link #19
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-random View Post
Dude, you said like you have hypersomnia. I challenge you to sleep for exactly 9 hours a day. So wake go to bad at 9pm and wake up at 6am. Or 8 hours if your like me and have to study till 10 (don't ask). I mean I laz around all day but still I don't feel tired and keep myself from being bored.
(Hopefully I'll explain this well enough to not continue slightly-off-topic discussion.)

My chronic exhaustion is due to the fact that I can't sleep that long. You can go to bed early and sleep, kudos to you. I can't. If I go to bed a couple of hours earlier, I either lie awake in bed, sleep without really resting, or wake up far too early. The only way I can go to bed early and really rest that way is when I'm simply exhausted enough.

For most people, working the night shift and sleeping during the day would be very hard. Many never really get used to it. They're trying to sleep when their body wants to be awake, and then trying to work. If you can imagine how hard that would be, well... that's how I feel trying to keep the world's schedule.

Research is showing that there are three major groups of people with different circadian rhythm types: Firstly, there is a minority of people called "A People", who rise early, find their energy early in the day, and then tire in the evening before going to sleep early. Secondly, there is the majority of people who don't really have such strict rhythms, and adapt to that schedule without much trouble. You're most certainly in one of these groups.

Lastly, there are people like me: "B People". We rise late, start the day slowly, and find our greatest energy in the evening, when the "A People" are slowing down and preparing for bed. It's hard to go to bed when you need to when that's just the time you feel like doing cartwheels down the hallway. My evening hours used to be my most productive, but not any more. Years of having to live in an "A" schedule world has left me too tired to make good use of my energetic periods, and getting up early in the mornings has only gotten worse, not better, as my sinuses, stomach and bowels rebel when I get up as I must to keep my job. Fortunately, we are getting some recognition, but there's no telling how long it will be before we're taken seriously.

One day soon I'll be free of the shackles of employment and free to set my own sleeping schedules. Then I'll happy sleep eight to ten hours a day, and I'll be able to pack my waking hours with productivity like I used to.

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.

Last edited by Kyuusai; 2007-11-10 at 02:35.
Old 2007-11-10, 01:18   Link #20
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

Fair enough Kyussai, but seriously LOL. I am not wanting to bag you but it seems weird to me

Thanks Sephi