AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-17, 10:02   Link #2021
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hausser View Post
Blah, blah, blah. Wesley, you'd rather have what, more terribly executed clones of Chiyo Mihama? The original was sweet and funny, the copies would be monstrous.
A responsible character that doesn't bullshit everybody is all I ask. And if they aren't responsible or aren't straight with anyone, let them suffer the consenqueces.

Quote:
And Herr Solothurn, hear hear!
A slightly older Ranka that doesn't have to deal with the bullshit of a Love Triangle would be much more interesting.
Old 2008-09-17, 10:08   Link #2022
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You know it would be utterly hilarious if the dokun dokun song was sung by the winner of the triangle and it ended up being a Sheryl version. I mean with how many "covers" we're had so far it's not like it's impossible.. lol..
it will be more hilarious if it still sing by ranka while alto x sheryl moment happen.. oh the irony

Last edited by Joachim; 2008-09-17 at 17:14.
Old 2008-09-17, 10:33   Link #2023
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
A responsible character that doesn't bullshit everybody is all I ask. And if they aren't responsible or aren't straight with anyone, let them suffer the consenqueces.
It is why you love Sheryl down to the bone, right? You need go really straight and confess, you little tsundere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
A slightly older Ranka that doesn't have to deal with the bullshit of a Love Triangle would be much more interesting.
Perpect substitute for sleep aid it will be. I bet no one would buy sleep aid if it's on sale. Just take a look before you go bed, you are sleepy now.

Frankly, you are too cruel on Ranka. Loli-like and on THE triangle, these are two most important reasons for majority of fandom still remember Ranka's existence. You took both from her, and she goes back to be a nobody. Thinking most Marcross fans would likely say if such stupid thing is made *shivers*

Bet OVA will be about Sheryl's backstory. They won't edit Macross Zero just to kill time or because of having too much money to throw.
Old 2008-09-17, 10:37   Link #2024
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
It is why you love Sheryl down to the bone, right? You need go really straight and confess, you little tsundere.

Perpect substitute for sleep aid it will be. I bet no one would buy sleep aid if it's made. Just take a look before you go bed, you are sleepy now.

Frankly, you are too cruel on Ranka. Loli-like and on THE triangle, these are two most important reasons for majority of fandom still remember Ranka's existence. You took both from her, and she goes back to be a nobody. Thinking most Marcross fans would likely say if such stupid thing is made *shivers*

Bet OVA will be about Sheryl's backstory. They won't edit Macross Zero just to kill time or because of having too much money to throw.
the same can be said about making Sheryl a frail and loving character.
It removes all the reasons to watch her when she is no loner "the queen".
Old 2008-09-17, 10:59   Link #2025
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
the same can be said about making Sheryl a frail and loving character.
It removes all the reasons to watch her when she is no loner "the queen".
I'm still yet to be convinced why Sheryl is always called the queen. I'll go after Grace if I really need one.

And, to your argument, I'd say, no way. In fact, these are already done on Sheryl. Sheryl is dying and lost the will power to backfire Grace for a moment and want comfort from Alto even if fake. And you see what? Frail and loving, Sheryl is still the favourite. It's not just about having this trait or that trait so people would like you or hate you. It is about the quality of a character (sorry to use such a vague word). Sheryl has it. Ranka, on the other hand, is just one of many brats. A good voice and some fold wave, you can make another one. That is why I call her a nobody.
Old 2008-09-17, 11:06   Link #2026
ZippyDSM

Quote:
I'm still yet to be convinced why Sheryl is always called the queen. I'll go after Grace if I really need one.

And, to your argument, I'd say, no way. In fact, these are already done on Sheryl. Sheryl is dying and lost the will power to backfire Grace for a moment and want comfort from Alto even if fake. And you see what? Frail and loving, Sheryl is still the favourite. It's not just about having this trait or that trait so people would like you or hate you. It is about the quality of a character (sorry to use such a vague word). Sheryl has it. Ranka, on the other hand, is just one of many brats. A good voice and some fold wave, you can make another one. That is why I call her a nobody.
Only for the rabied Sheryl fans, most others enjoy the characters(at least most of them) as they are presented. And enjoy the story no matter where it might wander.(as long as it stays out of the SOL trap...) ^^

Oh ya lili rant

Tactical Roar........my eyes...they bleedz........
Old 2008-09-17, 11:19   Link #2027
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I actually have NO idea what you two are arguing about...

Old 2008-09-17, 11:21   Link #2028
Teletha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
it will be more hilarious if it still sing by ranka while alto x sheryl moment happened.. oh the irony
Actually that's kind of what I imagine happening. Ranka fans only ask for their dokun dokun super move, but they never bothered to say who the super move will be for.
Old 2008-09-17, 11:23   Link #2029
herbert

Quote:
Only for the rabied Sheryl fans, most others enjoy the characters(at least most of them) as they are presented. And enjoy the story no matter where it might wander.(as long as it stays out of the SOL trap...) ^^

Oh ya lili rant

Tactical Roar........my eyes...they bleedz........
You got a good grasp of my thinking. I just add a little more: as long as her behaviour reasonable, as long as the director doesn't try to devilize her.

If you hate rabid fan talk. That is your fault, sir. Take a look of my customized title and read it. You should know from beginning what kind of animal I most likely to be. After all, I'm telling you some MY truth. Despite you don't believe any, it's still MY truth which I believe whole-heartedly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I actually have NO idea what you two are arguing about...
Frankly, I'm not very sure myself.
Old 2008-09-17, 11:30   Link #2030
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Linked for the lazy.
Old 2008-09-17, 11:30   Link #2031
ZippyDSM

BetoJR
I shall make it simple, we are arguing over imaginary pop stars ^_~
Quote:
You got a good grasp of my thinking. I just add a little more: as long as her behaviour reasonable, as long as the director doesn't try to devilize her.

If you hate rabid fan talk. That is your fault, sir. Take a look of my customized title and read it. You should know from beginning what kind of animal I most likely to be. After all, I'm telling you some MY truth. Despite you don't believe any, it's still MY truth which I believe whole-heartedly.
I do not hate the rabid fan talk but it dose become quite silly sometimes ^_~.

Its like the uber loli fans...sometimes.... its just to much ><

*watches more of Tactical roar* god they are mixing things so badly here in a orgasmic we are not a ecchi show but no one told the writers that....oh god the brain hurting.... I mean I like ecchi...but.....but...wheres story.paceing...I see characters.... a good plot but to much wanking in the background by the staff.... X_x
Old 2008-09-17, 12:04   Link #2032
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post

there should be a rule about making the villain so damn hot!
Old 2008-09-17, 14:13   Link #2033
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
there should be a rule about making the villain so damn hot!
Rule 999, all the villain burn in hell in the end, so at least make them hot
Old 2008-09-17, 20:25   Link #2034
solothurn
銀河妖精親衛隊・隊長

Quote:
This is just begging for a Geass-in-the-eyes 'shop.
Old 2008-09-17, 20:29   Link #2035
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solothurn View Post
This is just begging for a Geass-in-the-eyes 'shop.
dig up some good geass eye pics and I shall try it altho I suck at shooping :P
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ppyAVnew-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...nkeylogo-1.jpg
Old 2008-09-17, 20:37   Link #2036
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:

Linked for the lazy.
wonder if actually she had a geass of her own
Old 2008-09-17, 21:07   Link #2037
ZippyDSM

It sucks but HERE
Grace with double Geass
Old 2008-09-17, 21:44   Link #2038
solothurn
銀河妖精親衛隊・隊長

Quote:
*Geass Grace pic*
Awesome.

Now let's see whether Luca has the balls to go against the Empress or Ranka taking a gun and shooting everyone in Frontier.
Old 2008-09-17, 21:53   Link #2039
Wesley84

Quote:
It sucks but HERE
Grace with double Geass
The eyes of the man in this video, at 5:08. Can you make Grace see what he's seeing?
Old 2008-09-18, 00:36   Link #2040
wolfboy
:3

I don't know what the hell's gonna happen at the end but I know I can't run away from spoilers on here the Wed/Thur ep 25 airs.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoilers