AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-03, 14:08   Link #621
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Just a note:

This is not a question, it's a statement: "you are without sin".
Maybe a hint that "Beatrice" isn't the real killer?
However, Beato definitely has SOME sin. Unless this is a different type of statement However, I think this statement isn't referring to Beato, because that would ALSO be EP5 foreshadowing. I SEE WHAT THE PERSON WHO WROTE THIS SONG DID THERE

By the way, does anybody know who wrote the game OP lyrics? If I do a interpretation for that I don't wanna mess up.
Old 2009-09-05, 12:47   Link #622
Marina2

Well, after clicking around in the tips I found.......

Spoiler for Hidden Character art....??:

EDIT : I see..... I didin't know that because "End of the golden witch" is the first game I played by myself. I used to read only spoiler back then and somehow Siesta 556 is not in my memory. Anyway, thank for your answer.
V
V

Last edited by Marina2; 2009-09-05 at 13:08.
Old 2009-09-05, 12:59   Link #623
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Siesta 556 TIPS are also in ep4, English translated with patch applied of course.
Old 2009-09-05, 13:26   Link #624
urusai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanic View Post
By the way, does anybody know who wrote the game OP lyrics? If I do a interpretation for that I don't wanna mess up.
Game OP "Umineko no Naku Koro ni"
Lyrics: Noriko Mitose (みとせのりこ) & Wataru Namino (波乃渉)
Old 2009-09-06, 07:52   Link #625
Chii Kei
Nyeh~

Oh man....I really want this game! XD But for now it's sold out on Himeya and Paletweb. Does anyone know where else I could import it from, and how far along the patch is from being completed? I'm totally addicted to this series, uwah! XD
Old 2009-09-06, 11:09   Link #626
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
When you order an item out of stock from Himeya or Paletweb they'll restock it. It'll just take a little longer to get to you.
Old 2009-09-06, 11:33   Link #627
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chii Kei View Post
Oh man....I really want this game! XD But for now it's sold out on Himeya and Paletweb. Does anyone know where else I could import it from, and how far along the patch is from being completed? I'm totally addicted to this series, uwah! XD
You shoulda preordered it like I did ;3 You can request a restock from both sites (they will usually get one even if you don't request it, though.)
Old 2009-09-07, 08:06   Link #628
Chii Kei
Nyeh~

Oh! Hurray! ;W; I'll go order it in then! <3

Also I would have preordered but I've literally only just discovered Umineko, and had no idea I would chew through Ep 1 - 4 so quickly! ;3;!
Old 2009-09-08, 14:19   Link #629
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Just finished EP 5 and the only thing I can say about it is... No D: I. Don't. Like. This. At. All. You better make a great game next time Ryukushi <_< And also.... BEATO ;__________; ... I can proclaim it in red now: Golden Witch Drugs hates Erika <_< Sorry to all Erika fans~

... And I still don't get all these Knox rules ^^''
Old 2009-09-08, 20:06   Link #630
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I wonder how can someone do not hate Erika, she's so irritating. I so loved Lambda when she told her: "kuyashii? Ne ne! Kuyashii?" priceless! XD

But Erika apart can you tell us why you didn't like the whole episode?

Old 2009-09-09, 00:45   Link #631
Used Can

For some reason I cannot bring myself to hate either Erika, Bern or Lambda. And I love Beato to pieces (double sense not intended).

I just love trolls like them.
Old 2009-09-09, 01:49   Link #632
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
For some reason I cannot bring myself to hate either Erika, Bern or Lambda. And I love Beato to pieces (double sense not intended).

I just love trolls like them.
Yep, I love good trolls.

IMO Troll Rankings:

Beato/Virgilia - 10/10 Episode 3's end was the best troll ever. I was kind of hoping for a TROLLED AGAIN scene while reading ep5. Too bad though...

Bern - 9/10 She left some signs that she would become evil so no 10 but it was still a pretty hard smack to Higurashi players.

Furudo Erika - 5/10 Nice name play but she was a bitch from the start so other than the name there was no relation to the loveable Rika.

Lambda - 5/10 She's always been on the bad guy's side so of course she'll join up with Bern if she's evil too.
Old 2009-09-09, 03:22   Link #633
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Witch Drugs View Post
Just finished EP 5 and the only thing I can say about it is... No D: I. Don't. Like. This. At. All. You better make a great game next time Ryukushi <_< And also.... BEATO ;__________; ... I can proclaim it in red now: Golden Witch Drugs hates Erika <_< Sorry to all Erika fans~

... And I still don't get all these Knox rules ^^''
Well it's kinda surprising that there is someone who didn't like Episode 5, but I'm also eager to know why (apart from Erika) you didn't like it.
Erika WAS a central point in this Episode, I know, but there were so many other great moments I think...Episode 5 is really getting near to shoving 3 of the throne of my personal ranking.

And of course everybody hates Erika, but it is a question how you hate her that it ruined the Episode...because she was there to be hated...she was even more disgusting than everything that Eva-Beatrice ever did.

And what's there not to get about the Knox rules, I think they are rather simple
Spoiler for Knox Rules:

And they leave plenty of room for possible speculations about a possible culprit who is not yet known to us.
Just look at the fact that 'formerly and properly introduced' is a really stretchable term. What can be pretty obvious to one, can be totally impossible to understand for another.
Old 2009-09-09, 03:34   Link #634
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Expanding on Knox's first rule, which can be interpreted as "the criminal must have been introduced at the onset of the story, but it cannot be anyone whose thoughts the reader has been allowed to follow."

This narrows it down to a few suspects (though feel free to correct me if I missed anybody/somebody shouldn't be included):
  • Kumasawa (Virgilia doesn't count)
  • Nanjo
  • Genji
  • Krauss
  • Rudolf
  • Hideyoshi
Though seeing that most of them get murdered during most of the first twilights, it becomes a bit eh. Just my two cents, anyway.
Old 2009-09-09, 03:57   Link #635
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hareoic View Post
Expanding on Knox's first rule, which can be interpreted as "the criminal must have been introduced at the onset of the story, but it cannot be anyone whose thoughts the reader has been allowed to follow."

This narrows it down to a few suspects (though feel free to correct me if I missed anybody/somebody shouldn't be included):
  • Nanjo
  • Genji
  • Krauss
  • Rudolf
  • Hideyoshi
Though seeing that most of them get murdered during most of the first twilights, it becomes a bit eh. Just my two cents, anyway.
I would apply Knox's rules to each arc separately and create 5 independent lists.
Unless you are saying the culprits are the same throughout all of Umineko.
Old 2009-09-09, 04:01   Link #636
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
I would apply Knox's rules to each arc separately and create 5 independent lists.
Unless you are saying the culprits are the same throughout all of Umineko.
More like the mastermind I guess.
Old 2009-09-09, 06:41   Link #637
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hareoic View Post

• Nanjo
  • Genji
  • Krauss
  • Rudolf
  • Hideyoshi

Rudolf point of view and thoughts were presented already, I think it was episode2, he even had that nightmare on the plane.

Also Kumasawa becomes the narrator in a few scenes.

So that would leave out only Nanjo, Genji, Krauss and Hideyoshi.

But I think this line of thinking isn't right, because that part isn't there in the knox rules revised by Ryukishi. If he changed them there must be a reason. I'd rather stick with Ryukishi's version of the knox rules and not the original ones. So the "Line of thoughts" is irrelevant in this story imho.

Anyway lol at number 5. I wonder why Ryukishi couldn't came up with a modified version of this rule, it is kinda awkward that they call them the 10 knox rules when they are actually using only 9.

Old 2009-09-09, 06:52   Link #638
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Rudolf point of view and thoughts were presented already, I think it was episode2, he even had that nightmare on the plane.

Also Kumasawa becomes the narrator in a few scenes.

So that would leave out only Nanjo, Genji, Krauss and Hideyoshi.

But I think this line of thinking isn't right, because that part isn't there in the knox rules revised by Ryukishi. If he changed them there must be a reason. I'd rather stick with Ryukishi's version of the knox rules and not the original ones. So the "Line of thoughts" is irrelevant in this story imho.

Anyway lol at number 5. I wonder why Ryukishi couldn't came up with a modified version of this rule, it is kinda awkward that they call them the 10 knox rules when they are actually using only 9.
I didn't consider that
Anyway, number five is completely irrelevant to Umineko, so there's no reason to include it.
Old 2009-09-09, 06:55   Link #639
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well my point is since Ryukishi modified the rules he could have also modified the number5, so to keep the number right. Something like: "the criminal mustn't be someone from a very far land" could work fine imho. Althought this would kinda rule out any "italian witch" as the culprit.

Old 2009-09-09, 07:06   Link #640
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Or, if you want to take it to an extreme, rule five would eliminate anybody who has a western name as the culprit, since the name itself is "foreign".
Closed Thread