AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-02-08, 21:36   Link #181
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSciFi View Post
Thanks, that was very helpful!

Looks like you figured it out yourself! For those who wonder, it seems that it cannot be done by all characters (e.g. Thouma). The character needs a move where he throws the enemy in the air, which is normally done with analog stick backwards + square button (e.g. with Misaka or Accelerator). Then you need to press L+R while the enemy is still flying upwards.

So far the game is really fun, although I haven't even tried the story mode yet.
Actually it is possible for EVERYONE to be able to launch enemies into the air, it's just that... some had it easy (Touma's uppercut is enough) while some others... there's the need of knowing how their attacks work / figure out which is their air launcher. I was able to make Kanzaki summon a Unison Raid after fiddling quite some time with her Nanasen moves... >_>

Also, any enemy with Last Order as support HAS DAMN NASTY SUPPORT. I really hate it when she renders me immobilized, very, VERY OPEN to attacks.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 23:53   Link #182
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Also, any enemy with Last Order as support HAS DAMN NASTY SUPPORT. I really hate it when she renders me immobilized, very, VERY OPEN to attacks.
Why? Don't you like being hugged by a Loli?
Old 2011-02-09, 00:50   Link #183
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Why? Don't you like being hugged by a Loli?
Not if it means making me a sitting duck

I'm no lolicon in the first place either... More like, I like the opposite of lolis. Let's just say I share the same interest with Touma in women.

Old 2011-02-09, 01:42   Link #184
Miraluka
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Not if it means making me a sitting duck

I'm no lolicon in the first place either... More like, I like the opposite of lolis. Let's just say I share the same interest with Touma in women.
Same here being attracted to lolis will come with regret later .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 02:23   Link #185
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Wow..I put the game away for the last two days just to see the hungry Index appear and bite me. LOL. I also heard that Kirino from "Oreimo" appears, is that true?

Quote:
You dont have to be a lolicon to like being hugged by a loli. *evil smirk* Though I'm fairly outraged that Komoe-sensei didnt appear as a support character...orz. I wonder what her Outfit B would have been if she was in it...her rabbit hoodie PJs? or her cheer leader costume?

Quote:
Btw, there is another Kanji I can't read: In the gallery on the "Achievements" page (first menu item), it lists things like how many hits you made. What does the second line say (the one starting with "perfect" in Katakana)? It's the only line where I still have 0 points.
Ah, you mean in the Battle Records? The second one is the display for "Perfect Victories". And just if anyone was curious this is the whole list:

-Player Rank/Player Score
-Number of battles
-Number of perfect victories
-Highest score earned in a single battle
-Highest combo count
-Total distance traveled (...yeah, not too relevant but whatever)
-Number of "Over Drive" used
-Number of "Over Drive" finishing blows
-Number of "Unison Raid"
-Number of successful blocks
-Number of "Identify" achieved in battle
-Number of successful "Fast Tricks"
-Number of successful "Drive Cracks"

Oh, by chance does anyone know how to get the last CG? I would assume that you get it by either completing the 30 match "Surivival" mode and/or achieving the highest player rank.

*goes back to playing the game*
Old 2011-02-09, 08:25   Link #186
bizzi

Quote:
Actually it is possible for EVERYONE to be able to launch enemies into the air, it's just that... some had it easy (Touma's uppercut is enough) while some others... there's the need of knowing how their attacks work / figure out which is their air launcher. I was able to make Kanzaki summon a Unison Raid after fiddling quite some time with her Nanasen moves... >_>
Actually, moves that send flying upwards are marked with special tags in the "Action List" section. I'll post them this evening in Japanese, so that people can spot them easily
bizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 11:19   Link #187
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

I guess the Challenge modes are one I'm not so willing to endure to the end. The AI in these modes are ramped up to levels I find it hard to keep up with, and I certainly can't face the fact losing to certain characters (especially Touma losing to any girls )

... Maybe it was very, very bad of me to expect that much of a cakewalk to happen in that mode. In which I admit I always expect cakewalks for everything in-game

Old 2011-02-09, 13:06   Link #188
ramengud

I have cleared survival mode in one try with touma, accel and misaka imouto and I always use the hardest settings. I find it hard to clear survival mode with kanzaki, tsuchimikado and aqua.

Accel and misaka imouto can easily perfect opponent. As for touma, you can easily win most games except for a few annoying opponents. Touma can easily combo into unison raid and overdrive. Furthermore when you block or hit esper or magic moves with triangle button, it can cause your opponent to stop moving for a while allowing you to start a long combo like forward triangle, forward square, , triangle, triangle, down triangle, unison raid (index) and when your opponent falls down a little, overdrive. This easily deals about 4000+ damage.

Can someone list combos for the characters?
Here are some that I use

For accel
forward square, forward, forward, triangle, when the opponent is walled, down triangle, unison raid (last order), when opponent is still walled, overdrive, then forward square, square, forward
This deals about 3000+ damage

If you can't use unison raid you can just follow it up with, forward square, square, forward
or with overdrive, then forward square, square forward.

For Touma
forward triangle, forward square, , triangle, triangle, down triangle, unison raid (index) and when your opponent falls down a little, overdrive
about 4000+ damage

For Mikoto
forward square, right square, square, square, square
about 1300 damage

down square/ hold square, unison raid (kuroko) After kuruko's last hit when the opponent nearly reaches the ground, overdrive
About 3000-4000 damage.

For Kanzaki
square, forward square, down triangle, unison raid( itsuwa, use unison raid as soon as opponent is launched especially when he is still near the ground), overdrive
about 4000 damage

For Mugino
basically beam spam
You can probably connect square from all other mugino's moves
You can also connect overdrive from all her other moves.

From my experience, the best characters to use is probably accel, followed by misaka imouto, then probably mugino, then touma. The characters I have the hardest time using are kanzaki, and acqua. The opponents I have the hardest time with are accel, touma, kazakiri and misha.
ramengud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 15:20   Link #189
danicruz29

can anybody translate the intro dialogue for mikoto vs oriana and mikoto vs itsuwa?, as far as the anime goes i didnt know mikoto both knew oriana and itsuwa so its a suprise for me that they have an intro dialogue
danicruz29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 00:01   Link #190
shinku no kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicruz29 View Post
can anybody translate the intro dialogue for mikoto vs oriana and mikoto vs itsuwa?, as far as the anime goes i didnt know mikoto both knew oriana and itsuwa so its a suprise for me that they have an intro dialogue
As far as the anime goes they havent, atleast in a face to face confrontation. (yet) As for what they're saying:

Mikoto vs Oriana
Oriana:
あら、可愛い子。 まだまだ発展途上だけれど。 (Ara, kawaii ko. Mada mada hatten tojyou dakeredo)
-Oh, a cutie. But you're still growing

Mikoto:
どこ見て言ってるんじゃあコラァ! (Doko mite itterunjyaa kora!)
-Where are you looking at and saying that huh!?

Mikoto vs Itsuwa
Mikoto:
でたわね、母性の固まり! (Detawane, bosei no katamari!) *bosei = motherly qualities...in this case she's referring to Itsuwa's breasts.
-You've appeared, you lump of motherly qualities!

Itsuwa:
え?え?(Eh? Eh?)
-Eh? Eh?

...yeah, the Mikoto vs Itsuwa dialogue sounds just as strange translated as it does beforehand.

*goes off to try and complete survival mode*
Old 2011-02-10, 00:08   Link #191
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So basically Mikoto vs anyone with sizeable assets equals chest-insecurity.

While we're on this topic, I assume partners converse with each other? If so what happens when you pair Index and Mikoto together ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 07:18   Link #192
danicruz29

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
As far as the anime goes they havent, atleast in a face to face confrontation. (yet) As for what they're saying:

Mikoto vs Oriana
Oriana:

Mikoto:

Mikoto vs Itsuwa
Mikoto:
でたわね、母性の固まり! (Detawane, bosei no katamari!) *bosei = motherly qualities...in this case she's referring to Itsuwa's breasts.

Itsuwa:
え?え?(Eh? Eh?)
-Eh? Eh?

...yeah, the Mikoto vs Itsuwa dialogue sounds just as strange translated as it does beforehand.

thanks for translating

i didnt know mikoto has an inferiority complex about her breasts, dont worry according to konata from lucky star A flat chest is a status symbol
danicruz29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 11:09   Link #193
shinku no kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So basically Mikoto vs anyone with sizeable assets equals chest-insecurity.

While we're on this topic, I assume partners converse with each other? If so what happens when you pair Index and Mikoto together ?
Not particularly. I've tried checking Mikoto vs. Kanzaki and Mikoto vs. Kazekiri but neither one initiated a conversation before the battle. You'd think it would as the two of them are just as well endowed as Oriana and if anything they're larger then Itsuwa.

As far as partner conversation goes I havent noticed any specific conversations between the Attacker and Partner. Kinda weird isnt it?

Quote:
thanks for translating

i didnt know mikoto has an inferiority complex about her breasts, dont worry according to konata from lucky star A flat chest is a status symbol
No problem. As far as Mikoto's insecurity about her figure goes they slightly touched the subject in the "Toaru Kagaku no Railgun" anime. But yes, "Small breasts are a status, a rarity"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramengud View Post
I have cleared survival mode in one try with touma, accel and misaka imouto and I always use the hardest settings. I find it hard to clear survival mode with kanzaki, tsuchimikado and aqua.
Well my hats off to you. Its just my personal thought on the matter is what's the point of winning unless you're using your favorite character combinations? Hence thats why I'm continuously re-challenging Survival mode with the same characters...and I'm slowly making progress towards completing it.
Old 2011-02-10, 11:39   Link #194
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Not particularly. I've tried checking Mikoto vs. Kanzaki and Mikoto vs. Kazekiri but neither one initiated a conversation before the battle. You'd think it would as the two of them are just as well endowed as Oriana and if anything they're larger then Itsuwa.

As far as partner conversation goes I havent noticed any specific conversations between the Attacker and Partner. Kinda weird isnt it?
Try Kanzaki rout with Itsuwa, there is a part when you face Mikoto and Misaka Imouto. They have a not-so-long cheating.

Quote:
No problem. As far as Mikoto's insecurity about her figure goes they slightly touched the subject in the "Toaru Kagaku no Railgun" anime. But yes, "Small breasts are a status, a rarity"
Not a rarity, in Japan thats the most common issue.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 10:19   Link #195
ILikeSciFi

Talking

Quote:
I've tried checking Mikoto vs. Kanzaki and Mikoto vs. Kazekiri but neither one initiated a conversation before the battle.
Have you tried also Mikoto vs. Kuroko? Normally Kuroko just says "Judgment desu no" to opponents, but to Mikoto she says, "Ma, onee-sama...". Can someone translate the rest of what she says, and Misaka's reply, please?

Btw, I really enjoy sending Kuroko to hell with the Railgun finishing move.
ILikeSciFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 17:32   Link #196
bizzi

Quote:
Have you tried also Mikoto vs. Kuroko? Normally Kuroko just says "Judgment desu no" to opponents, but to Mikoto she says, "Ma, onee-sama...". Can someone translate the rest of what she says, and Misaka's reply, please?
It's like "Maa maa onee-sama! Would you lend me your chest ? "
and she answers "Hey, don't watch me with those weird eyes!"

Quote:
Btw, I really enjoy sending Kuroko to hell with the Railgun finishing move.
Yeah! Reminds me of this
Spoiler for railgun'd Kuroko:

Btw, about the tags:
[うち上げ](uchiage) and [激突] (gekitotsu) both indicate moves compatible with Unison Raids (there might be others but I don't think so)
uchiage moves send flying high upwards
gekitotsu ones send flying on the side (landing a UR hit with Mikoto as a partner, using Kuroko, is quite hard)

Last edited by bizzi; 2011-02-11 at 17:49.
bizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 10:10   Link #197
Minagi Mikoto

Unfortunately I don't have a PSP so I can't play it! Does any one know of a good emulator for pc?
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 10:26   Link #198
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:

Mikoto vs Oriana
Oriana:

Mikoto:

Mikoto vs Itsuwa
Mikoto:

Itsuwa:
え?え?(Eh? Eh?)
-Eh? Eh?

Quote:
thanks for translating

I suspect what Mikoto has against Itsuwa is not about her breasts but a certain boy.
Old 2011-02-12, 11:33   Link #199
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Mikoto vs Itsuwa
Mikoto:

Itsuwa:
え?え?(Eh? Eh?)
-Eh? Eh?

You know when I first saw taht I try hard to recall where she's had a run in with Itsuwa before....and realize she hasn't. Just her being antisocial.....-__-
Old 2011-02-12, 12:16   Link #200
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Didn't Mikoto meet Itsuwa in volume 16?