AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-16, 05:21   Link #241
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrebMarkt View Post
Humm... by the beginning of Origination Akaru & Aika must be around 19-20 and Alice around 17-18.
Yes the still have the same height in the Origination as in the Animation or the Natural.
Quote:
She never gets old! Marcee can't be real; she never gets old! -John Nash, A Beautiful Mind
Spoiler for even more quotes:

That would make one hell of a fanfic, wouldn't it? The Beautiful Mind of Akari Mizunashi.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
G. Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 06:42   Link #242
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Everyone know that Ai-chan will be the next Pair in Aria Company
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 08:05   Link #243
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Yes the still have the same height in the Origination as in the Animation or the Natural.
Some of us just kind of don't grow after a certain point.

Quote:
LIKELY END.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 08:54   Link #244
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
I don't know how it could get any more perfect than that. <3
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 10:26   Link #245
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Humm... by the beginning of Origination Akaru & Aika must be around 19-20 and Alice around 17-18.
???? height? eh yeah.... my wife reached her peak height by age 14 (148cm -- pretty common for japanese types) so I don't think that's a good indicator.

It *would* be absolutely great if this series ended with Ai taking the helm on her own boat
Old 2008-01-16, 11:12   Link #246
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I might be one of the only people who doesn't want that to happen. I just want them to stay as the friends they are.

Wow, the first episode of Origination must have the highest count of "Ara, ara" in the whole Aria franchise. I'm sure at one point she said it three times in the space of 5 minutes.
Old 2008-01-16, 12:21   Link #247
Tabris

Quote:
Aye, I've been meaning to do a drawing of that [Ai as an Aria Company undine] since the animation was out. I just never find the time to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Wow, the first episode of Origination must have the highest count of "Ara, ara" in the whole Aria franchise. I'm sure at one point she said it three times in the space of 5 minutes.
Episode 2 of Aria the Animation. Alicia says My my about umpteen times before Akira chases her, and then Alicia says it again when being chased a few more times.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 12:31   Link #248
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
Aye, I've been meaning to do a drawing of that [Ai as an Aria Company undine] since the animation was out. I just never find the time to do it.

Episode 2 of Aria the Animation. Alicia says My my about umpteen times before Akira chases her, and then Alicia says it again when being chased a few more times.
aye.. I *just* saw that episode... she says it probably a hundred times or more while Akira chases her around the company house while the two younger friends look on in amazement (and some self-recognition ).
Old 2008-01-16, 12:41   Link #249
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
Yeah i remember that, though this time around it just wasn't expected --- that's pretty crazy when you think about it.
Old 2008-01-16, 14:01   Link #250
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

It doesn't matter how many ara ara Alicia can say out per episode,the more the better~...but an episode without her ara ara really makes the whole episode feels incomplete.

Last edited by margafred; 2008-01-16 at 17:35.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 22:40   Link #251
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I might be one of the only people who doesn't want that to happen. I just want them to stay as the friends they are.
Change happens. Even in Aria, change happens. That's one of the lessons the primas have been trying to teach the kids, that even if the situations friends are in change, they can still BE friends, and have chances for doing all new fun things together.

I would love to see Ai become Akari's trainee. Heck, I just love seeing Ai in things at all.

Say, just because Akari eventually becomes a prima, that doesn't mean Alicia HAS to retire, does it? I know Aria company keeps things small, but Alicia's not old or anything. She's an expert undine, still attractive, loved, and she loves doing her job. I can't see her quitting just to keep Aria company with a single prima.

Um... has anyone decent put out a sub for episode one yet? A simple yes or no will do, if we don't want to risk talking too much about it. There's nothing other than a trailer done by C****** N*** on my regular DDL site...
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 22:44   Link #252
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Um... has anyone decent put out a sub for episode one yet? A simple yes or no will do, if we don't want to risk talking too much about it. There's nothing other than a trailer done by C****** N*** on my regular DDL site...
Yes. Two groups. Neither will be mentioned by name.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 00:59   Link #253
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

...but I can hint strongly, right?

Slightly off-topic, but I'm wondering if anyone here actually purchased the ARIA The ANIMATION R2 DVDs. I might need a bit of help with those down the line...
Old 2008-01-17, 02:12   Link #254
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator View Post
...but I can hint strongly, right?

Slightly off-topic, but I'm wondering if anyone here actually purchased the ARIA The ANIMATION R2 DVDs. I might need a bit of help with those down the line...
Actually, even the **** being used is a bit of a giveaway. People should be as circumspect as possible to keep demons from swarming us

Seriously though, its hardly rocket science to do a bit of clever googling.
Old 2008-01-17, 02:24   Link #255
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator View Post
Yes, and I'd be more than glad to help you out -- I was actually thinking of contacting you about it sooner (though not about that aspect...).

Speaking of DVDs, I'm eagerly awaiting the DVD solicitation for this show. The fact that they haven't dropped yet makes it even more likely that the show will be 26 episodes or so (not that I expected otherwise given the amount of build-up they've been doing for it, and the precidence with Natural. Also, the amount of anime-exclusive episodes scheduled, and the big "meet all the characters again" episode 1, are also clues.)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 05:51   Link #256
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Man, I have got to stay away from this thread like the plague since spoilers are everywhere now (still haven't watched ep 1).

But I'll still patiently wait for them since I've kept all their releases of ARIA since the beginning. If you're reading this, no rush. Make it perfect.
Old 2008-01-17, 06:34   Link #257
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Seriously though, its hardly rocket science to do a bit of clever googling.
Eh... last time I went searching for anime fansubs and music through Google I got my poor computer infected with a very tenacious virus. I'm trying to be somewhat more cautious these days.

But anyway, just knowing that some intelligible subs are out is what I was after. There are other places I can go to ask about them, and more searching I can do, now that I know they exist.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 15:47   Link #258
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

After all the comments above and in the OP.... you'd think some people would have read and understood the forum rules....
Old 2008-01-17, 20:16   Link #259
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

I'm not Akari, so I can only say suteki so many times. But episode two was also suteki! Consistent art quality, new music, and new writing. What more could an ARIA fan want? (Well, other than R1 release).
Spoiler for Episode 2:
Old 2008-01-17, 21:15   Link #260
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
I'm not Akari, so I can only say suteki so many times. But episode two was also suteki! Consistent art quality, new music, and new writing. What more could an ARIA fan want? (Well, other than R1 release).
Good news. I was loving the new musical material in the first episode, so it's good to hear we'll be hearing more as we progress more into Origination.

Tags
hal, sci-fi, slice of life